+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Last edited by YanksFan1992; 04-15-09 at 08:35 PM.

Re: Performance Threads List (check here before making a new one)

This should be stickied and edited as new threads are added.

EDIT: Well, that was quick! Good idea.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Re: Performance Thread List (check here before making a new one)

Awesome job! Thanks

NYYF Legend

Just a reminder that thread starting is fine (see other stickied guidelines). Just trying to avoid duplicates.

If anyone makes a new performance thread on a player/topic not previously mentioned, please let me know so I can add it to the list.

Also, if anyone finds that any of the links are broken, or lead to the wrong thread please let me know so I can make the appropriate corrections.

Thanks!

NYYF Legend

Nice Work YF92.
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

If you are going to do this, you should make a 2008 Thread for each player who doesn't already have one. It would keep things more organized and be interesting to follow the reactions to a player's performance for each year

this was a great idea

NYYF Legend

I suppose I am a lone wolf on this one, but these performance threads are getting tiring. That's all that seems to be posted in the Inside the Lines forum. They are so tiring to me thay I manytimes just skip this forum. I hope they, like the Hula Hoop are just a quickly passing fad.
    Maybe like Andy Rooney, I am just an old curmudgeon.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome
    I suppose I am a lone wolf on this one, but these performance threads are getting tiring. That's all that seems to be posted in the Inside the Lines forum. They are so tiring to me thay I manytimes just skip this forum. I hope they, like the Hula Hoop are just a quickly passing fad.

Andy
    Im 50/50 on them, at some points they are tedious, but when you look at other teams forums that don't share our style, it seems to be just a bunch of random posts with only a few replys, so there is really no baseball dialogue.

So I guess you can say I like them.
    Last edited by YanksFan1992; 04-08-08 at 02:34 PM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan1992
    Im 50/50 on them, at some points they are tedious, but when you look at other teams forums that don't share our style it seems to be just a bunch of random posts with only a few replys, so there is really know baseball dialogue.

So I guess you can say I like them.
    We have never had posts with few responses. They have always been active; as for random, not by my definition. Anyway, different strokes for different folks. That's what makes the world so interesting -we all have different opinions, likes and dislikes, hobbies, etc.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

The '800 pound gorilla' so far this year has been the Yankee defense. With the exception of opening day, they've comitted an error (8 total by 5 players) in every game, including today.

Quote Originally Posted by walesave
    The '800 pound gorilla' so far this year has been the Yankee defense. With the exception of opening day, they've comitted an error (8 total by 5 players) in every game, including today.
    Alright, I made a thread for it.

What a nice welcome. Thanks YanksFan 1992!

Quote Originally Posted by walesave
    What a nice welcome. Thanks YanksFan 1992!
    No problem, welcome to the site!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nome

Andy
    I completely agree with you on this. I used to read Inside the Lines first. Now it's either Out of Play or Around the Majors. If the first five or so threads in this section are performance threads I don't even bother with the forum. There are over 20 different performance threads in the first 3 pages of this forum.

I don't know if this could be done, but I would love it if all the performance threads were on their own page, or in a subforum of Inside the Lines (maybe stickied to the top of the page). It would make it easier for those of who do read them to access them in one location and those of us who are less than enthusiastic to plow through them looking for new threads and posts of the non-performance variety to not have to wade through the twenty or so threads that exist.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beccash18
    I completely agree with you on this. I used to read Inside the Lines first. Now it's either Out of Play or Around the Majors. If the first five or so threads in this section are performance threads I don't even bother with the forum. There are over 20 different performance threads in the first 3 pages of this forum.

I don't know if this could be done, but I would love it if all the performance threads were on their own page, or in a subforum of Inside the Lines (maybe stickied to the top of the page). It would make it easier for those of who do read them to access them in one location and those of us who are less than enthusiastic to plow through them looking for new threads and posts of the non-performance variety to not have to wade through the twenty or so threads that exist.
    What a great idea!!!!

When the Political comments got too burdensome for some they were put in their seperate forum. Moderators, do you think it would be helpful to have a seperate forum for all the performance threads. I for one hate them and skip through them almost all the times. I would hate to start a Wilson Benemit Performance (???) thread

Andy

NYYF Legend

Do you folks not have this icon at each thread:

If you click that - it takes you to the last post you read in that thread. If you haven't read that thread in a few days, and it buries you with 20 pages you don't feel like reading - then just go to the last page and it brings you up to date.

I think the performance threads are better than having a thread on every Giambi mis-throw, every ball Jeter misses up the middle, everytime Farnsworth blows an inning...

Quote Originally Posted by Beccash18

i agree...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan
    Do you folks not have this icon at each thread:

If you click that - it takes you to the last post you read in that thread. If you haven't read that thread in a few days, and it buries you with 20 pages you don't feel like reading - then just go to the last page and it brings you up to date.

I think the performance threads are better than having a thread on every Giambi mis-throw, every ball Jeter misses up the middle, everytime Farnsworth blows an inning...
    Crappy threads die and fall off the page very fast...following a zillion mega threads is like a root canal...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF HOF

Can I start a 2008 Transactions thread that lasts all season?

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ
    I don't think I am the one to ask about this (try to pm any of the mod's), but I would say that most Yankees transactions are big enough to deserve there own thread, but that's just my opinion.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ
    Forgive me for not knowing what you mean. Do you mean a trade thread or something similar?

These performance threads and team threads are really getting tiresome. I mostly pass them right over and go to the History/Trivia and the Conversation forums. It is very saddening to me to see how this fantastic web site has degraded during the last six months or so.

Andy

NYYF HOF

Transactions include:
    Players entering or leaving the roster by being placed on or activated from the disabled list
    Players entering or leaving the roster from promotions and demotions with the minor leagues
    Players entering or leaving the organization by being traded, acquired in a trade, claimed off waivers, designated for assignment, etc.

Here's the Yankee transaction list this month:
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/...r=2008&month=4

I think that most promotions, DFA's, DL news and trades deserve their own thread, and having just 1 thread for all of them would be a little too cluttered.

Thread Information