+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 158 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 153 154 155 156 157 158 LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 3935
  1. #3876
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    John Ryan Murphy allowed 2 runs in 1 inning. I wonder if he's the first player to be a pitcher's 3,000th strikeout and pitch in seven or fewer days.

  2. #3877
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    John Ryan Murphy allowed 2 runs in 1 inning. I wonder if he's the first player to be a pitcher's 3,000th strikeout and pitch in seven or fewer days.
    Given that CC is the 17th pitcher to get to 3000 Ks, I would say highly probable.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  3. #3878
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Given that CC is the 17th pitcher to get to 3000 Ks, I would say highly probable.
    There are two pitchers on the 3000th-strikeout victims list: Aaron Harang (Pedro Martinez) and Stan Coveleski (Walter Johnson). I would say it's highly probably that at least one DID pitch in seven or fewer days after becoming a pitcher's 3,000th strikeout.

  4. #3879
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    There are two pitchers on the 3000th-strikeout victims list: Aaron Harang (Pedro Martinez) and Stan Coveleski (Walter Johnson). I would say it's highly probably that at least one DID pitch in seven or fewer days after becoming a pitcher's 3,000th strikeout.
    Thank you. Martinez did it on September 3, 2007 when Harang allowed 6 runs and lost. I'm not going to check for Johnson and Coveleski.

  5. #3880

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Andrew McCutchen tore his ACL and is done for the year.

  6. #3881

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Andrew McCutchen tore his ACL and is done for the year.
    Very unfortunate.

  7. #3882
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    If you ignore how bad Detroit is, Shane Greene is a candidate for the Mariano Rivera Award for the AL's best closer. He has saved 21 of 22 with a 0.90 ERA. Cleveland's Brad Hand allowed 5 earned runs in 0 innings to raise his ERA to 2.36 after having allowed 4 earned runs this year before yesterday. Chapman now has sole possession of the AL lead in saves and the best AL closer in the Cy Young Predictor. He's third behind Verlander and Odorizzi.

  8. #3883
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    I thought occured to me yesterday, and it made me chuckle. We passed on Cano and signed Ellsbury. Okay, bad move, we all hated it.

    But lets look at this now. Ellsbury is sitting around while his salary is being taken care of by insurance. He's not in the lineup, so he cannot hurt this team on the field. Roster wise, salary wise, sure. But the most important part, the Yankees success, is not getting hindered by him at all. He wouldn't even have a job if he was healthy.

    Meanwhile, the Mets are trotting Cano out batting 3rd every day. They have to push their star McNeil to the OF, a position he should definitely not be playing, while he sucks at 2B and he is hurting that team. Badly. They should grow a pair and bench the guy but that's not happening. He's legit hurting that team when they can't afford anyone to be doing that, let alone their biggest contract guys.

    I'm thinking the Ellsbury signing wasn't so bad, only because it was a reaction to not signing Cano.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  9. #3884
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I thought occured to me yesterday, and it made me chuckle. We passed on Cano and signed Ellsbury. Okay, bad move, we all hated it.

    But lets look at this now. Ellsbury is sitting around while his salary is being taken care of by insurance. He's not in the lineup, so he cannot hurt this team on the field. Roster wise, salary wise, sure. But the most important part, the Yankees success, is not getting hindered by him at all. He wouldn't even have a job if he was healthy.

    Meanwhile, the Mets are trotting Cano out batting 3rd every day. They have to push their star McNeil to the OF, a position he should definitely not be playing, while he sucks at 2B and he is hurting that team. Badly. They should grow a pair and bench the guy but that's not happening. He's legit hurting that team when they can't afford anyone to be doing that, let alone their biggest contract guys.

    I'm thinking the Ellsbury signing wasn't so bad, only because it was a reaction to not signing Cano.
    The Ellsbury signing was horrific. The worst signing in Yankee history. The Luxury Tax implications are a killer and have been. Our starting pitching is in the shape it's in because of Ellsbury's signing.

    Not signing Cano was good. Signing Ells was frighteningly bad.
    Just win!

  10. #3885
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post

    I'm thinking the Ellsbury signing wasn't so bad, only because it was a reaction to not signing Cano.
    No it was really bad.

    Not given Cano 10 years was the right move.
    Throwing a bad money deal at Ellsbury doesn't change that in any way and Cano's performance is irrellavent to the Ellsbury deal.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  11. #3886
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    But you know signing Ellsbury was a reaction to not signing Cano. And they were trying to get Cano until he got that horrible contract.

    All I'm saying is that we're better off with Ells out and doing nothing than Cano manning second base and sucking so hard.

    I'm not saying the Ellsbury contract was good. I'm saying we are in a better place than if Cano had signed.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  12. #3887
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    But you know signing Ellsbury was a reaction to not signing Cano. And they were trying to get Cano until he got that horrible contract.

    All I'm saying is that we're better off with Ells out and doing nothing than Cano manning second base and sucking so hard.

    I'm not saying the Ellsbury contract was good. I'm saying we are in a better place than if Cano had signed.
    The Yanks offered Cano 7 years. He gave Seattle 5 years of 129 OPS+ ball (better than his NYY time) though an inconevient suspension last year. I think had the Yanks got him on a 7 year deal getting 5 good years and decline in his age 36 and 37 season would have been fine.


    Turning around and signing Ellsbury who posted 95 OPS+ in parts of 4 season when healthy doesn't make it better that Cano is sucking now.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  13. #3888
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    The Yanks offered Cano 7 years. He gave Seattle 5 years of 129 OPS+ ball (better than his NYY time) though an inconevient suspension last year. I think had the Yanks got him on a 7 year deal getting 5 good years and decline in his age 36 and 37 season would have been fine.


    Turning around and signing Ellsbury who posted 95 OPS+ in parts of 4 season when healthy doesn't make it better that Cano is sucking now.
    Fair enough. I'm just considering now though. That's all. I'm glad Ellsbury is on the shelf and Cano ain't our problem.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  14. #3889
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Fair enough. I'm just considering now though. That's all. I'm glad Ellsbury is on the shelf and Cano ain't our problem.
    I would have been happy had they signed Cano to a 7 year deal.
    I was fine letting Cano walk on a 10 year deal.
    I never once liked the Ellsbury deal still don't.
    Even if Ellsbury is not playing and the Yanks are recouping a good chunk of his deal on insurance, his salary eats up ~$23M of "cap space" or 9.4% of the total before hitting max lux penalties which seems to be a line in the sand beyond which the Yanks don't want to go.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  15. #3890
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Lance Lynn just tied the MLB lead with 10 wins.

  16. #3891

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Cervelli has quit catching due to concussions.
    https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...e-catching-dk/

  17. #3892
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    Cervelli has quit catching due to concussions.
    https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...e-catching-dk/
    Probably the right decision. Best of luck to him, wherever he plays.

  18. #3893

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    Cervelli has quit catching due to concussions.
    https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...e-catching-dk/

    damn. good decision for him. maybe 3b or something?
    "My guys are savages in the box!" - Aaron Boone

  19. #3894

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    That's a shame (the concussions, not his decision). Best of luck to him being able to make a go of it at another position.

  20. #3895
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Former Yankee Sonny Gray is an All Star 2019.

  21. #3896

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Former Yankee Sonny Gray is an All Star 2019.
    Does this show the lack of good pitching coach here, Grays thin skin for the NY spotlight, or a combination of both?
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  22. #3897

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Nathan Eovaldi will be the Red Sox closer down the stretch when he comes back. Seems very risky with his injury history and contract.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  23. #3898
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Does this show the lack of good pitching coach here, Grays thin skin for the NY spotlight, or a combination of both?
    More anti NY Iím guessing

  24. #3899

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Lance Lynn just tied the MLB lead with 10 wins.
    About to get 12 after shutting down the Astros.

    7 IP 0 ERs 11 Ks vs Houston...

    12-4 with a 3.69 ERA

    What is wrong with our pitching coaches?
    Last edited by BabyBombers; 07-12-19 at 06:33 AM.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

  25. #3900
    NYYF Legend

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0


    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts