+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 155 156 157 158
Results 3,926 to 3,936 of 3936

Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    And Sonny Gray and Chris Archer had words in the Reds/Pirates melee last night.
    I honestly have to laugh at the thought of Pickles trying to be a tough guy in a fight.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

Kirby Yates is having one of the best seasons by a former Yankee and should get NL Cy Young votes. He got his 32nd save, lowered his ERA to exactly 1, and has 8 1/9 (8.11) K/BB. San Diego has played 109 games, and he's on pace for 47.6 saves that rounds up to 48. The record for most saves by a pitcher with an ERA of 1.00 or lower is 48 by Tampa Bay's Fernando Rodney in 2012 and Oakland's Dennis Eckersley in 1990. Yates has saved 62.7 percent of San Diego's 51 wins, which is a higher percentage than when Francisco Rodriguez broke the saves record with 62 and the Angels won 100. Yates is 0-2, and he's on pace to become the first pitcher with an ERA of 1.00 or lower in at least 60 innings without a win.

NYYF Triple Crown

I am happy for Sonny and always felt he had good pitches but I can NOT believe Lance Lynn this year. I checked occasionally and think his WAR is around 5 and had another great win yesterday. I just never got over game 3 last year. I do feel Brian did really try last year at the trade deadline but he is like another pitcher. I scratched my head at 10M but what a bargain it turned out to be....

NYYF Legend

Lynn's 3.71 ERA is worse than his 3.59 career ERA. This isn't the first year he's pitched well.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Lynn's 3.71 ERA is worse than his 3.59 career ERA. This isn't the first year he's pitched well.
    thanks. yes. I get stathead and see his name a lot this year (8/2, 7 IP 4H). He is a solid 3. I wish him well but he was 4.14 with us, projected at 4.5, and that not bad if you look at our rotation (Happ, CC, even Paxton). I get upset with our SP and not getting Corbin. He has his highest WAR at 5.4 (6/20 highest AL, I don't know all the numbers they use but I use it as a reference) with 14-6. I do feel Brian did a good job trading for him as a SP but I always think of putting Lynn as a reliever in that high leverage situation in game 3 after Sevy was a terrible mistake. Even with 10K/9 he is not a stopper like Khulne or Ottavino. I was surprised the Twins did not go after him. thanks again

NYYF Legend

I'm assuming Khulne is supposed to be Kahnle. I'm assuming you're talking about last year's playoffs, and we didn't have Otatvino then.

Joe Harvey, who we traded (dumped) for a Short-Season A reliever on July 31, was called up by Colorado. Harvey was 1-0 with a 4.50 ERA with 5 earned runs allowed in 10 innings for us. His last MLB game was May 28. Colorado also called up lefty Phillip Diehl, who made his MLB debut for them this year after the Yankees traded him on March 23 to get Tauchman. German Marquez, who leads the NL in innings, went on the injured list with elbow inflammation. That makes all of Colorado's top six starters having been on the injured list this year, and at least three are out for the season.

Not surprised about Michael Pineda's PED violation. He had a poor work ethic evidenced by showing up in bad shape every year for spring training. Then he apparently decided to resort to PEDs instead of working hard similar to when he was caught using pine tar. Guy has a million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain.

Quote Originally Posted by GleyToe18 View Post
    Not surprised about Michael Pineda's PED violation. He had a poor work ethic evidenced by showing up in bad shape every year for spring training. Then he apparently decided to resort to PEDs instead of working hard similar to when he was caught using pine tar. Guy has a million dollar arm and a 10 cent brain.
    "I mistakenly took a medication that was given to me by a close acquaintance, who obtained it over the counter and assured me it would safely help me manage my weight," Pineda's statement read. "I ingested a few of these pills without the consent of the Twins' training staff."
    In the process of appealing his suspension, Pineda was able to present evidence that convinced an independent arbitrator that he was not using the drug as a masking agent, leading the arbitrator to invoke what’s called the mitigation provision of the Joint Drug Agreement between MLB and the MLBPA. Via MLB.com’s Do-Hyoung Park, the provision in question is Section 8.B.4 of the JDA, by which an arbitrator can reduce a suspension “if a player proves by clear and convincing evidence that he bears no significant fault or negligence for the presence of the Performance Enhancing Substance in his test result.”
    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/pinedas-...-to-the-twins/

According to a report by MLB Network Insider Ken Rosenthal, an arbitrator heard Pineda's appeal and reduced the penalty to 60 games from the usual standard of 80 games for a first offense.
    "This was shocking for me to hear," Pineda's statement continued. "I never intended to cheat the system, other players or opposing teams. While I am pleased that the arbitrator found there was clear and convincing evidence to reduce my discipline, I realize that I am ultimately responsible for what goes in my body and therefore respect the 60-game suspension that remains."
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/micha...drug-violation
    "My guys are savages in the box!" - Aaron Boone

NYYF Legend

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    I'm assuming Khulne is supposed to be Kahnle. I'm assuming you're talking about last year's playoffs, and we didn't have Otatvino then.

Joe Harvey, who we traded (dumped) for a Short-Season A reliever on July 31, was called up by Colorado. Harvey was 1-0 with a 4.50 ERA with 5 earned runs allowed in 10 innings for us. His last MLB game was May 28. Colorado also called up lefty Phillip Diehl, who made his MLB debut for them this year after the Yankees traded him on March 23 to get Tauchman. German Marquez, who leads the NL in innings, went on the injured list with elbow inflammation. That makes all of Colorado's top six starters having been on the injured list this year, and at least three are out for the season.
    Thanks. It's nice to see the kids get a chance in September. Philip Diehl had a rough start but it's his first game like Monty but Joe is doing nice and still throwing strikes with few walks. It was a 40 man roster move but I did like him and wish him the best. Love the Tauchman trade big time still hope he can come back. YES - it was last year move and Boone is doing a lot better this year (we had DR, Britton, and Khule last year) and I love our pen with Khulne (it's me with his name) and Ottavino, Britton doing better slider (20%?), putting German in the pen, Betances back. It's our strength. Now Sevy is big for me tomorrow. Thanks again

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    Thanks. It's nice to see the kids get a chance in September. Philip Diehl had a rough start but it's his first game like Monty but Joe is doing nice and still throwing strikes with few walks. It was a 40 man roster move but I did like him and wish him the best. Love the Tauchman trade big time still hope he can come back. YES - it was last year move and Boone is doing a lot better this year (we had DR, Britton, and Khule last year) and I love our pen with Khulne (it's me with his name) and Ottavino, Britton doing better slider (20%?), putting German in the pen, Betances back. It's our strength. Now Sevy is big for me tomorrow. Thanks again
    (Too bad Lance pitched our last game (put a smile on his face). I thought about it during the game. He is good (17W) and I don't want to go back (sore point) there but wonder what is best: starting (both opener and SP) vs coming in long relief.) I use leverage situations to pick the best choice.

Thread Information