+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 154 155 156 157
Results 3,901 to 3,906 of 3906
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    About to get 12 after shutting down the Astros.

7 IP 0 ERs 11 Ks vs Houston...

12-4 with a 3.69 ERA

What is wrong with our pitching coaches?
    He's the first pitcher to 12. The last pitcher to lead MLB in wins after pitching for the Yankees was Dazzy Vance in 1924 and 1925. I typed more about it in the "Don't look now." topic.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    Cervelli has quit catching due to concussions.
    https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...e-catching-dk/
    https://www.mlb.com/news/francisco-c...tinue-catching says "Cervelli on catching: 'Motivation is the mask': Catcher disputes report that he's finished behind the plate, wants to return in familiar role."

NYYF Legend

ESPN's Marly Rivera tweeted that Boston DFAd Eduardo Nunez. He had a .548 OPS, but Devers said he learned from Nunez.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    ESPN's Marly Rivera tweeted that Boston DFAd Eduardo Nunez. He had a .548 OPS, but Devers said he learned from Nunez.
    I wonder what the next team will be to deal with his shenanigans?
    The Good News: The rested Yankees will be ready for the Pennant Race that resting the Yankees will create!

Darn. Having Eduardo Scissorhands on the Red Sox was like a secret weapon for the Yankees.

https://www.mlb.com/news/francisco-c...tinue-catching says "Cervelli on catching: 'Motivation is the mask': Catcher disputes report that he's finished behind the plate, wants to return in familiar role."

ďThe most important thing here is to feel normal as a human being,Ē Cervelli said. ďI havenít been feeling normal in a long time -- I probably donít know whatís normal. Iím not saying I feel bad ... I can be better than this.

He added: ďI see my family suffering for this thing and people around me who love me they suffer a lot because they see me every day the way I wake up and the way I behave myself -- itís not normal. So, Iím going to do this to improve and have a quality life with them. Thatís the most important thing.Ē

ďItís easier just to throw in the towel and say, ĎLet me rest and one day, Iíll be good,íĒ Cervelli said. ďNo, I want to work [on] this thing, I want to face it and I want to fight against it, because itís been with me for a long, long, long time. It doesnít belong in my body or in my brain and so itís going to go out."
    Uhhh... sounds like dude needs an intervention. It's not worth it...
    ďLove is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.Ē Ė Yogi Berra

Thread Information