+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 154 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3829
    Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

Starlin the Marlin wants out of Miami. Who in their right mind wouldn't, especially if your last name is Castro?

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/01/10/st...-trade-request

Congrats to Hideki Matsui on his election into the Japanese baseball Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. He becomes the youngest ever electee.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/.../#.WlzJpK5KskI

Clap clap, clap-clap-clap ArodEra's Avatar

Curtis Granderson signs with Jays.

I noticed that Jose Pirela (recent traded away for underwhelming pitcher Ronald Herrera) put up a good looking part-time season with San Diego last year. 122 wRC+ across 344 PA and playing 5 positions for them. He wouldn't have fit into our current team's schema, but I thought it worth posting that he might turn into a solid contributor.
    “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

Addicted Member

Maybe his entrepreneurial enterprises were the reason for his performance in New York.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ilograms-drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Beccash18 View Post
    Maybe his entrepreneurial enterprises were the reason for his performance in New York.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ilograms-drugs
    I read this earlier today. What a dumbass.
    In Cashman I trust.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I read this earlier today. What a dumbass.
    22 LBS OF HEROIN AND COCAINE! He is looking at some serious effin jail time. Unless he drops the dime, in which case he probably gets murdered. He made $56m in his career, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    22 LBS OF HEROIN AND COCAINE! He is looking at some serious effin jail time. Unless he drops the dime, in which case he probably gets murdered. He made $56m in his career, WTF?
    some people are just ding dongs. He probably got caught up in something and it went from there. Maybe had his own habit and just got into the business.
    In Cashman I trust.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

It upsets me how the national media keeps referring to him as the "former Yankee" when he had but a cup of coffee with the team. He was mainly a pale hose.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    It upsets me how the national media keeps referring to him as the "former Yankee" when he had but a cup of coffee with the team. He was mainly a pale hose.
    He pitched a total of 42 innings as a Yankee out of a career of over 2000; so less than 2% of his entire career was in pinstripes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

NYYF Legend

I actually wanted him to start G7 of the 2004 ALCS after his extra innings performance in G5 I think it was. He took the loss but was actually really effective.

I haven't followed his story but is it New York media outlets referring to him as "former Yankee"? If so that would kind of make sense.

But seems like dumb ass former athlete fits regardless of what uniform(s) he wore.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Addicted Member

Here’s a link with a current photo

http://m.tmz.com/#2018/02/14/esteban...uilty-cocaine/

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I actually wanted him to start G7 of the 2004 ALCS after his extra innings performance in G5 I think it was. He took the loss but was actually really effective.

I haven't followed his story but is it New York media outlets referring to him as "former Yankee"? If so that would kind of make sense.

But seems like dumb ass former athlete fits regardless of what uniform(s) he wore.
    I recall being pretty happy that we obtained him. He had shown stretches of great stuff throughout his career.
    In Cashman I trust.

NYYF Legend

I recall being pretty happy that we obtained him. He had shown stretches of great stuff throughout his career.
    I liked the trade because we gave up nothing. But he pitched like garbage. The only reason I wanted him for G7 was Brown and Vasquez looked like worse options and Loazia at least looked good in the series.
    Baseball is life;

Heyman reports the Angels sign Chris Carter to a minor league deal.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Heyman reports the Angels sign Chris Carter to a minor league deal.
    Hopefully he is still on the Angels when we play them.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Good Story Former Yankees prospect Slade Heathcott
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/athletic..._medium=social

“I’m kind of 100 percent all the time,” Heathcott said. “A lot of people think I’m reckless, I’m not, that’s just who I am. For a couple of years, I backed off, and I think that actually (led) to more injuries. So, I just go out and don’t think about it and just play. I made a decision last year if I’m going to go out of the game, I’m going out my way.” “He’s a super-aggressive teammate, a great center fielder. He’s fast. He’ll run into walls,” said left-handed reliever Jeremy Bleich, who played with Heathcott in the Yankees’ system. “He plays really hard. He’s the kind of guy you want behind you. Anything in the air gets caught.”

After his turbulent youth, Heathcott makes a point of telling his story to kids and talking to them about making the right decisions. He doesn’t judge others; he simply wants to help where he can. He knows well what good can come out of tough circumstances and those who might look like lost causes, and he now has a decidedly philosophical bent.

“I don’t believe in mistakes in life. If you learn from them, then they’re lessons,” said Heathcott, who often works with the IAmMore Foundation for sick children and their families. “We’re living in a world that is so much about division and telling people what’s right and wrong — but we each have our own path.

“I became a believer in 2010 and that was a huge step in my life, but something that gets missed is: We say we want to be Christ-like but Jesus hung out with the worst of his kind and you know what he did? He loved them. That’s what we’re missing. We’re all in this together, everyone, black, white, purple, green.”

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Sept. 2016

Yankees trade: RHP Phil Coke

Pirates trade: $1

http://vimel.ru/e6748

I’m so happy Ichiro signed for 2018. That’s makes Bartolo Colon not the ONLY player older than me in MLB.
    In Cashman I trust.

NYYF Cy Young

I’m so happy Ichiro signed for 2018. That’s makes Bartolo Colon not the ONLY player older than me in MLB.
    They should make every team have one roster spot for guys over 40. Call it the designated alder-cocker.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

David Phelps out for the year with a torn UCL

NYYF Legend

I liked the trade because we gave up nothing. But he pitched like garbage. The only reason I wanted him for G7 was Brown and Vasquez looked like worse options and Loazia at least looked good in the series.
    I'm 6 weeks late on this but will point out that for Loaiza the Yankees gave up Jose Contreras, who became a cornerstone of the 2005 White Sox WS-winning pitching staff. Jose didn't end up having the career that was predicted for him but the Yankees didn't give up "nothing."

In news I'm only 3 days late on, Yankee ST invite Wade Leblanc landed a major league deal with the Mariners. They're welcome to him. I'm still bitter at Wade for blowing the March 8 game against the Phillies, which I attended.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/m...ague-contract/

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I'm 6 weeks late on this but will point out that for Loaiza the Yankees gave up Jose Contreras, who became a cornerstone of the 2005 White Sox WS-winning pitching staff. Jose didn't end up having the career that was predicted for him but the Yankees didn't give up "nothing."
    I misremembered the participants in the trade. But I do recall the animosity many Yankee fans had over Contreras 2003 Post season appearances and at the time of the trade Jose had an ERA approaching 6 and a WHIP over 1.4 - I think many Yankee fans and much of the front office saw him as a bust at that point.

But yes he did have a few good years for the CHI SOX.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

I misremembered the participants in the trade. But I do recall the animosity many Yankee fans had over Contreras 2003 Post season appearances and at the time of the trade Jose had an ERA approaching 6 and a WHIP over 1.4 - I think many Yankee fans and much of the front office saw him as a bust at that point.

But yes he did have a few good years for the CHI SOX.
    No question that Contreras was considered a failed experiment at the time of the trade, and Loaiza was half a season removed from his career year. Unfortunately Contreras had more left in the tank than Loaiza did. He would have come in handy in 2005 when Cashman had to scramble to rebuild the starting rotation in midseason (Shawn Chacon trade, Aaron Small promotion, Al Leiter waiver pickup) just to reach the postseason.

Thread Information