+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3793
    Calls a tool a tool

Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Union members publicly deriding and mocking other union members over poor decisions.

This is not the MLBPA of old.
    With a quasi salary cap, if you artificially improve your own performance, arent you stealing money from your teammates?

Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    With a quasi salary cap, if you artificially improve your own performance, arent you stealing money from your teammates?
    That’s crap. Much the same reason Teixeira was full of crap when he grew testicles the other day to back the bus over the corpse of Robinson Cano. These guys taking pot shots on social media on other teams’ players are hypocrites, because they’re ignoring what’s going on in their own kitchens. If you know something’s up, SAY SOMETHING. Otherwise, shut up and be a dutiful union member.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    The presence of a salary cap is not the players' fault, but was brought about by the owners and poor union leadership. If the players end up in competition with each other because of it, they should organize to eliminate it. The only "stealing" is done by the owners, who do the least amount of work and get paid more than their share.

To ojo's point, when you have individual players advocating punishments that propose that players get paid less and owners get paid more, then the MLBPA, as an org meant to represent the collective interests of the players, is clearly in shambles
    “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    That’s crap. Much the same reason Teixeira was full of crap when he grew testicles the other day to back the bus over the corpse of Robinson Cano. These guys taking pot shots on social media on other teams’ players are hypocrites, because they’re ignoring what’s going on in their own kitchens. If you know something’s up, SAY SOMETHING. Otherwise, shut up and be a dutiful union member.
    Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, backing the bus over corpses is nothing new for Tex.

He pretty much did the same thing to Girardi when he was let go.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Today, Tex is paid by ESPN to be an analyst and to give his opinion. When he was a player, he was being paid to play ball. Giving his honest opinion about people was not in his players contract. I don't see the conflict for him answering questions now with his opinion. You might not like what he's saying, but he's simply doing his job. I hate former players turned analysts that are collecting their paychecks, but are not really telling us how they feel about things and are giving us BS answers to questions.
    To all, life is too short, enjoy the baseball season even those that hate me.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Today, Tex is paid by ESPN to be an analyst and to give his opinion. When he was a player, he was being paid to play ball. Giving his honest opinion about people was not in his players contract. I don't see the conflict for him answering questions now with his opinion. You might not like what he's saying, but he's simply doing his job. I hate former players turned analysts that are collecting their paychecks, but are not really telling us how they feel about things and are giving us BS answers to questions.
    Agreed - Tex is doing his job.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

fair point
    “Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.” – Yogi Berra

He may be paid to give his opinion, but throwing ex-managers and ex-teammates under the bus when they’re down on their luck just paints Tex in a poor light. Even A-Rod, for all his warts, never did that.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    He may be paid to give his opinion, but throwing ex-managers and ex-teammates under the bus when they’re down on their luck just paints Tex in a poor light. Even A-Rod, for all his warts, never did that.
    Canó isn't "down on his luck." He cheated, and got away with it, and now he's been caught. If the man had committed a serious crime and gotten arrested, would you have complained if Teixeira failed to defend him?

The only one "in a poor light" here is Robinson Canó.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Canó isn't "down on his luck." He cheated, and got away with it, and now he's been caught. If the man had committed a serious crime and gotten arrested, would you have complained if Teixeira failed to defend him?

The only one "in a poor light" here is Robinson Canó.
    And you’ve completely missed the point.

Where was Tex to set the record straight when he was playing with Cano if “he’s not surprised”? For someone who claims to be so against PEDs, he sure didn’t make a peep about it when he was playing with a bunch of guys taking them dating back to his days in Texas. He sure didn’t complain about it when he won a championship with ARod, Cano and Melky back in 2009.

Now that Cano got busted and everyone is dumping on him, his ex-teammate decides to chime in that “he’s not surprised”? What a crock. Same thing when he decided to dump on Girardi when he got fired. Didn’t have the guts or conviction to speak his mind until Girardi was in a position without power...

And if we’re going to be honest, you know what wouldn’t surprise me? If Tex was using too.

And if we’re going to be honest, you know what wouldn’t surprise me? If Tex was using too.
    It wouldn't surprise me if any of them were using too. I'm over that crap!

Down on their luck, please. Hell, Arod is compromised as a baseball analyst so what is he going to say about PED users getting outed?

Where was Tex to set the record straight when he was playing with Cano if “he’s not surprised”? For someone who claims to be so against PEDs, he sure didn’t make a peep about it when he was playing with a bunch of guys taking them dating back to his days in Texas. He sure didn’t complain about it when he won a championship with ARod, Cano and Melky back in 2009.

Now that Cano got busted and everyone is dumping on him, his ex-teammate decides to chime in that “he’s not surprised”? What a crock. Same thing when he decided to dump on Girardi when he got fired. Didn’t have the guts or conviction to speak his mind until Girardi was in a position without power...
    You really expect any baseball player to talk about a current teammate during that time? If so then you expect too much from these players and underestimate the peer pressure they're under as members of the same team. That's not to mention the PA at that time.

NYYF Legend

He was a player then ... a teammate. Teammates don't dump on teammates. He's not anyone's teammate now. Let him speak his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    He was a player then ... a teammate. Teammates don't dump on teammates. He's not anyone's teammate now. Let him speak his mind.
    This! Some players might not like what Tex is saying now about Cano or Girardi, but they can at least understand it as part of being a good analyst which is giving your opinion, warts and all. However, very few players if any would like or understand him making such comments as an active teammate. He would become an outsider across the sport and would be ostracized by not only players, but the PA and the teams too for that matter because what team would want trouble in the clubhouse. It's easy for fans to say that's what he should have done, but I doubt any of them would do so because of the reasons I stated. Everybody has courage on a keyboard without any consequences.

NYYF Legend

Dumping on Cano after he's been suspended is not analysis, it's piling on.

If he's such a good analyst, who else used? You know, before the suspension comes down.

Teix's analysis is the equivalent of hitting the "Like" button.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

If he's such a good analyst, who else used? You know, before the suspension comes down.

He was asked the damn question by Michael Kay and he answered it on ESPN radio which is part of his job at ESPN. Anyhow, he said it and that's that.

Reject Fascism

I was glad when Cano left we didn’t give him a 10 year deal (To save the response Ellsbury was a horrible signing) and I am even more so today.
    2018: the year the USA put children in cages

NYYF Legend

I'm sure there are plenty of employees who observe their boss and/or co-workers committing crimes or violating company policies but don't speak up out of fear of getting fired (even if the firing could be proved to be illegal and the person could win a lawsuit, he or she doesn't want to be employed while a lawsuit is moving slowly through courts). A player observing teammates using PEDs and not reporting it is doing the same thing. I just hope there aren't players encouraging teammates to use PEDs.

I've been sitting on the fence, but this is the most convincing argument yet.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I've been sitting on the fence, but this is the most convincing argument yet.
    Ask Michael Kay to ask him, them.

I can't get over how this whole subthread has been turned away from Canó, and into a referendum about whether or not Teixeira is a skunk (or choose your favorite expletive). Tex was answering a question honestly, and doing his job. The only person deserving censure here is Canó. And he deserves any amount of piling on he gets.

NYYF Legend

That’s not analyzing, that’s throwing former teammates / players under the bus without cause. His job was to answer the question/analyze the situation regarding current news.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Another ex-Yankee heard from on Cano ... yes, him.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/20/alex-r...ce=twitter_app

The three-time MVP took it easy on Cano.

“I do know that it will be a long road back, a tough road back, but I’m confident that Robinson Cano is going to come back and continue his spectacular career and I hope at the same time he can learn a great lesson and make his life even better,” said Rodriguez as the Indians faced the Astros on Sunday.
    Would you rather have heard this kind of blather from Teixeira?

NYYF Cy Young

Huh, was there any fuss around here that Rookie Davis has been starting in Cincinnati?

We haven't missed out on too much, apparently-- sporting a 8.63 ERA thus far
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

my blog: http://nybaseballoffice.blogspot.com

Thread Information