+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 141 142 143 144 145 LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3603
  1. #3576

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Marc Topkin tweets that Eovaldi is being shut down and may need surgery on his elbow.

  2. #3577
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Marc Topkin tweets that Eovaldi is being shut down and may need surgery on his elbow.
    Didn't he already have this surgery his final season with us?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  3. #3578
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Didn't he already have this surgery his final season with us?
    That was his second TJS. This one is to clear "loose bodies in the elbow" he's expected back "sometime in 2018" for the Ray but win what capacity is now unclear.

    Another former Yankee prospect Jacob Lindgren is having his 2nd TJS.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  4. #3579
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  5. #3580
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    Better there than in the Yankee dugout.
    Equally as calm as ClownPickle ~(+/- 1)

  6. #3581
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Better there than in the Yankee dugout.
    It's not what you want. Anyway, his kid had three hits, so he probably sat him today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  7. #3582
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    It's not what you want. Anyway, his kid had three hits, so he probably sat him today.
    I laughed.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  8. #3583

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    It's not what you want. Anyway, his kid had three hits, so he probably sat him today.
    Haha...savage.

  9. #3584

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Caleb Smith had a very good outing against the Cubs for the Marlins today.

    5.1 ip, 4 hits, 1 ER, 3 walks, 8 k's

  10. #3585
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    File under, "I ain't missing you at all...."

    Chase Headley O for the season.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  11. #3586
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Tyler Webb waived by the Brewers and claimed by the Padres and optioned to the minors. I wonder if Cashman put a claim in. He loves his former players.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  12. #3587

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    In the absence of Yankee baseball, looking for interesting baseball stories. Over in NPB, chatter about young player -- Kensuke Kondo -- potentially being first ever NPB player to hit .400 in a season (and first since Ichiro to hit over .380). Since beginning of last season (he missed 2nd half last year with herniated disc), has hit .417 over 294 PAs, with 25% BB rate and 12% K rate. Kondo (future Yankee) watch?

  13. #3588
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    In the absence of Yankee baseball, looking for interesting baseball stories. Over in NPB, chatter about young player -- Kensuke Kondo -- potentially being first ever NPB player to hit .400 in a season (and first since Ichiro to hit over .380). Since beginning of last season (he missed 2nd half last year with herniated disc), has hit .417 over 294 PAs, with 25% BB rate and 12% K rate. Kondo (future Yankee) watch?
    So far there is no rumor that he's interest in MLB and his injury history is a big concern. His defense is also a suspect.

  14. #3589
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Why are we discussing this on a thread dedicated to former Yankees?
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  15. #3590
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Any news on James Kaprielian?
    Let the kids play.

  16. #3591
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Tyler Webb waived by the Brewers and claimed by the Padres and optioned to the minors. I wonder if Cashman put a claim in. He loves his former players.
    What would it matter? Doesn't SD have priority over NYY in waiver claims?
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  17. #3592
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    What would it matter? Doesn't SD have priority over NYY in waiver claims?
    Exactly. I am just curious if we put in a claim since there is an open 40 man spot after Robinson was DFA.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

  18. #3593
    Only Rosie O'Donnell ArodEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Any news on James Kaprielian?
    Assuming everything continues to go according to schedule, Kaprielian could return to games in May or June
    This is from a couple of months ago. Not sure if anything has changed since then. I always liked him, including his makeup and demeanor and sense we are going to regret trading him for Gray for a long, long time.

    http://oaklandclubhouse.com/oakland-...aprielian-rhp/


  19. #3594
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    This is from a couple of months ago. Not sure if anything has changed since then. I always liked him, including his makeup and demeanor and sense we are going to regret trading him for Gray for a long, long time.

    http://oaklandclubhouse.com/oakland-...aprielian-rhp/
    I hated giving him up as well. I hope both he and Gray work out for both teams, but right now the chances of both failing may be greater.
    Let the kids play.

  20. #3595

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    GO COLON. pitch well and i hate astros.

  21. #3596
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    GO COLON. pitch well and i hate astros.
    It is amazing what he is doing at his age. I remember in the late 1990s Pedro chastised Colon for being lazy and fat -- but here he is...240 wins later. Nice, easy delivery.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

  22. #3597
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    It is amazing what he is doing at his age. I remember in the late 1990s Pedro chastised Colon for being lazy and fat -- but here he is...240 wins later. Nice, easy delivery.
    I thought you were going to say 240 pounds later!

    Impossible not to like the guy. Go Big Sexy! (Unless you're facing the Yankees, of course.)

  23. #3598

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    Astros can't hit 2 seamers.

  24. #3599
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    He lost it in the eighth. That is, lost the perfecto to the first batter and the no-no to the second. Probably my fault for turning it on.

    Now Texas is in danger of losing the game ... only a 1-0 lead and Verlander still going strong for Houston.

    Anyway, well done, Bartolo!

    EDIT: And now it's tied, on a sac fly.

  25. #3600
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

    With both starters now out, the win/loss will go to pen guys, after two such extraordinary games pitched by the starters. Both had one-hitters going, Bartolo through 7 2/3, Verlander through 8.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts