+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 99 100 101 102
Results 2,526 to 2,542 of 2542

Re: The Ask anything about computers thread

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    Alright I need help.

For the past few days it seems I can't load anything on YouTube. It just keeps buffering (spinning dot). At first it was just a few videos and now it is any video, any time of day.

I've cleared my data, restarted my home network and tried about everything I could find online to do any my issue is still going on. Has anyone experienced this and found a fix? i'm running Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell.

I have no other connectivity problems.
    What browser?

Alright I need help.

For the past few days it seems I can't load anything on YouTube. It just keeps buffering (spinning dot). At first it was just a few videos and now it is any video, any time of day.

I've cleared my data, restarted my home network and tried about everything I could find online to do any my issue is still going on. Has anyone experienced this and found a fix? i'm running Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell.

I have no other connectivity problems.
    Who is your provider and type of connection? FiOs, DSL, TVCable, Satellite, etc.

Have you run a speed test and a line quality test? Some times the issue is the network connection.

Find both tests here, and a user forum for your provider/connection that may help you better than a Yankee board...Maybe your provider is throttling YouTube for some reason. Is Netflix OK?

http://www.dslreports.com/tools
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

i'm running Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell.
    Don't continue to live in the stone age. Upgrade to Windows 10 while you still can for free. I upgraded from Win 8.1 seamlessly months ago. Not a single problem since.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

I'm using Chrome and have Time Warner for my provider. Both my up and down speeds have been fine. Netflix, Hulu and Vimeo all run perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

I'm using Chrome and have Time Warner for my provider. Both my up and down speeds have been fine. Netflix, Hulu and Vimeo all run perfectly fine.
    If you have the Adblock extension, try disabling it.

If you don't have it, get it and see if that works.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...biglidom?hl=en

NYYF Legend

I have Adblock, I've run a Norton full system scan, I've restarted my home network.
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

I have Adblock, I've run a Norton full system scan, I've restarted my home network.
    Have you tried disabling Adblock?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Have you tried disabling Adblock?
    Yep. Tried disabling it. Deleting it. Reinstalling it. Disabling again.
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

NYYF Legend

Also, I loaded IE and had the same issue. Firefox, same issue.
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

NYYF Legend

The situation either resolved itself or leaving the modem unplugged for 10 minutes and then plugging it back in fixed it.
    <--- The Ryan emoticon.

Is this thread still working? How do you guys secure your google sheets aside from the traditional password?

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

can anyone suggest a good option/device that would extend a WIFI signal around the house?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    can anyone suggest a good option/device that would extend a WIFI signal around the house?
    Did you look at just upgrading the router you have? Or relocating it? Putting a better antenna on it? The technology has gotten much better in recent years so a new router may be all you need rather than add another device you don't need. Repeaters will give you range, but cut speeds in half. I don't like them. If you really need help, running a wire to the dead zone from the main router and installing an access point there is the way to go. Good use for an old router. (They can be converted to access points.)
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Did you look at just upgrading the router you have? Or relocating it? Putting a better antenna on it? The technology has gotten much better in recent years so a new router may be all you need rather than add another device you don't need. Repeaters will give you range, but cut speeds in half. I don't like them. If you really need help, running a wire to the dead zone from the main router and installing an access point there is the way to go. Good use for an old router. (They can be converted to access points.)
    can't move the router. from what i understand, our cable company who also provides our internet requires you to use the router they provide.

i've been looking at repeaters and boosters. someone suggested this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01EE9AP...D0XNB4IZ&psc=1
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Perhaps, you just need another Wireless router?
    I have been using TP-Link Archer C7 for 2 years and there were no problems with signal anywhere.
    I have a pretty big house, and router is located on the second floor, so I suppose that signal is distributed evenly throughout the house.
    Check more info about this model - https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-wireless-routers

Seem to be having an issue with connecting to this site from home. Keep getting err:connection refused message. I can connect fine from work or not on my home network. So far, this is the only site I am having this issue with. I have tried different browsers, disabling firewall, resetting my home network.

Would appreciate any suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Could someone give me some advice on computer upgrading matter. Should I update my Interl i5-2310 2.90 GHz or my GeForce GT 530 to be able to play games better. My computer is having hard time with games now days. 12 GB RAM.

Thread Information