+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40 80 87 88 89 90
Results 2,226 to 2,246 of 2246
    NYYF Legend

Re: Super Bowl XLII: New York Giants vs New England Patriots

Wes freakin' Welker of all people fell into my lap in my fantasy draft yesterday (it was like the 5th round or something and on both of my lists that I got from teh interwebs he was ranked really high), so I had to take him. Luckily I have pretty much zero other rooting interest for every other pick on my team, which is good, but this one choice is bugging me out because I really really really dislike him and now have to somewhat "root" for him .
    UM now, UM always
    #21 - We will never forget you.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by keg411
    Wes freakin' Welker of all people fell into my lap in my fantasy draft yesterday (it was like the 5th round or something and on both of my lists that I got from teh interwebs he was ranked really high), so I had to take him. Luckily I have pretty much zero other rooting interest for every other pick on my team, which is good, but this one choice is bugging me out because I really really really dislike him and now have to somewhat "root" for him .
    I've got some bad news.

The Patriots could have another problem. Wes Welker, who tied for the NFL lead with 112 receptions last season, left with a rib injury in the second quarter and didn't return. The team did not comment on his condition.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=280822017

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Super Bowl rematch coming up this week. Will Brady take a snap? He hasn't taken one yet in their first 3 preseason games.
    I doubt Brady will see the field. They held out Moss the entire preseason last year, figure they'd be just as, if not more cautious with #12
    Burns: I wonder if this Homer Nixon is any relation?
    Smithers: Unlikely, sir. They spell and pronounce their names differently.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan1992
    I know, I read that this morning. But according to what I've also read since is that he's "day to day" and it didn't sound all that significant.
    UM now, UM always
    #21 - We will never forget you.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by keg411
    I know, I read that this morning. But according to what I've also read since is that he's "day to day" and it didn't sound all that significant.
    Yeah, even if he hast to play hurt for a while that was quite the steal.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I may be wrong on this one, but I firmly believe that it is best to just play the guys throughout the season. If you look at the playoffs last year, every team that played their guys in week 17 moved onto the 2nd round. The Giants played their guys in week 17, and their guys both played the hardest and worked the hardes in that game, and came out better for it. I hate the idea of stopping all the momentum and having the starters not play that last week.
    Agreed, I should've phrased my previous post better. By "resting the starters", I didn't mean not having them play at all, I meant if the Pats are up by 30 by the 3rd quarter, they should take them out. Then again, Brady might have to stay in during the whole game, seeing how awful our backup QB's are. Okay, Gutierrez is decent, O'Connell shows potential but he's still a rookie, and Cassel is a disaster. A complete disaster. That guy needs to be let go, like, right now.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CT_Bomber
    Agreed, I should've phrased my previous post better. By "resting the starters", I didn't mean not having them play at all, I meant if the Pats are up by 30 by the 3rd quarter, they should take them out. Then again, Brady might have to stay in during the whole game, seeing how awful our backup QB's are. Okay, Gutierrez is decent, O'Connell shows potential but he's still a rookie, and Cassel is a disaster. A complete disaster. That guy needs to be let go, like, right now.
    He'll be cut the morning after this week's Giants game.

NYYF Legend

Today is the one year anniversary of the greatest moment in Giants history. It's hard to believe a full year has passed. I'll be throwing on the DVD and reading throw this thread.

Nice to smile at something in this thread.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bnorris85
    Nice to smile at something in this thread.

In my defense, we all thought that before the season. Cassel was awful in his preseason games and to this day I can't fully comprehend how he became this good this quickly.
    Yankees - Knicks - Rangers - Patriots

NYYF Triple Crown

In my defense, we all thought that before the season. Cassel was awful in his preseason games and to this day I can't fully comprehend how he became this good this quickly.
    Randy Moss....

He has a decent arm and can run but Randy Moss can make a decent QB look great.

Kinda like Eli and Plaxico. Eli is better than Cassel of course but Plaxico makes Eli look better because even when Plaxico isn't making catches in the field he is still drawing attention from the defensive backs so the other Receivers are going to be open for catches.

I believe if you can put a decent QB in a good scheme where he has 1 top WR and the rest are good to recent WR, an decent O-line and a good RB then that QB is going to get very good in a short period of time.

Beside it isn't like he was brand new and fresh. He been with the Pats since 2005 so he knew the system pretty well.
    My sword is guided by the reason of Hiten Mitsurugi. Yet when all is said, a sword is a tool of destruction, not salvation.-Seijuro Hiko

Forum Regular

I agree with you about Randy, but I think Wes Welker had just as big an impact, if not even bigger, on Cassel's development as Randy.
    Yankees - Knicks - Rangers - Patriots

NYYF Triple Crown

I agree with you about Randy, but I think Wes Welker had just as big an impact, if not even bigger, on Cassel's development as Randy.
    True because Cassel has another "Go To" guy and now the Defensive backs have to pick their posion. Either double cover Randy and man to man on Wes or Double cover Wes and man on Randy. I most cases they would rather get beat by a short play than beat by Randy on a long play.
    My sword is guided by the reason of Hiten Mitsurugi. Yet when all is said, a sword is a tool of destruction, not salvation.-Seijuro Hiko

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    He'll be cut the morning after this week's Giants game.
    Good thing I don't run the Patriots

patriots just trademarked 19-0 and perfect season all these years later. Just shows you how bitter they are up there still. This loss devastated the franchise and they never recovered. Brady/belichick are lucky they weren't let go after 07. Trademark 19-0 and perfect season when you didn't win? what? lol. Worst loss in sports history, This organization is a disaster.

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giants86 View Post
    patriots just trademarked 19-0 and perfect season all these years later. Just shows you how bitter they are up there still. This loss devastated the franchise and they never recovered. Brady/belichick are lucky they weren't let go after 07. Trademark 19-0 and perfect season when you didn't win? what? lol. Worst loss in sports history, This organization is a disaster.
    LOL! Wut?

This post has got to be either performance art or an exercise in frat hazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979 View Post
    LOL! Wut?

This post has got to be either performance art or an exercise in frat hazing.
    Turns out he's right: https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...bowl-xlii-loss

The New England Patriots have trademarked "19–0" and “Perfect Season” through their parent company, The Kraft Group, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.

The trademark comes nine years after the New York Giants defeated the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, which ended New England's hopes of going 19–0.
    Hell of a bump.

NYYF Legend

There is going to be some sort of 10-year commemoration and the Patriots want to be in full control of the marketing. Wait. Watch. See.

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I concede that the first sentence was factually correct. Everything else... weeeeeeeelllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Hell of a bump.
    I've gotten very deliberate as I've gotten older. Everything takes longer.

Quote Originally Posted by giants86 View Post
    Surely you can't be serious about the organization being a disaster

NYYF Legend

This thread reminds me of DaBomber25. He is a Yankees/Pats fan who hasn't posted since the game took place.

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/member.php/3504-DaBomber25

Thread Information