+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 383 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 380 381 382 383
Results 9,551 to 9,567 of 9567
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Is that including on Steam and GOG, because if so, "rest of the year" is nothing.
    No - I'm just talking about my PS4 games. I haven't played Steam/GOG games for a while.
    2016 - At least we won as many postseason games as the Red Sox

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Persona 5 is the best game on the PS4. If you're remotely a fan of RPG's and actual plot, get this game. I spent about 10 hours trying to get through the first story arc/dungeon -- it's essentially a mini TV series with how flushed out everything is. That doesn't even talk about how goddamn impressive the game looks.

Don't even let the turn based fighting detract you; it just works. This is coming from someone who doesn't watch anime, but I was pretty much captivated by the storyline right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I'm not exaggerating when I say Persona 5 is the best game on the PS4. If you're remotely a fan of RPG's and actual plot, get this game. I spent about 10 hours trying to get through the first story arc/dungeon -- it's essentially a mini TV series with how flushed out everything is. That doesn't even talk about how goddamn impressive the game looks.

Don't even let the turn based fighting detract you; it just works. This is coming from someone who doesn't watch anime, but I was pretty much captivated by the storyline right out of the gate.
    You are making this very difficult for me Tek...lol. Turn-based combat doesnt deter me at all. I am more worried about the managing of the social aspect of the game. I almost picked it up yesterday, but I just stare at my backlog and keep changing my mind...lol

I have read that the game hits on some pretty dark subject matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post

I have read that the game hits on some pretty dark subject matter.
    Yes! The very first mission/storyline deals with some taboo stuff. It's extremely well done. The social aspect of the game is probably it's only flaw (you are kinda limited for a while as to what you can and can't do in terms of exploring and stuff). The combat system is excellent, though. It's got a bit of Pokemon in it. Just drop whatever you're playing and play it.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Yes! The very first mission/storyline deals with some taboo stuff. It's extremely well done. The social aspect of the game is probably it's only flaw (you are kinda limited for a while as to what you can and can't do in terms of exploring and stuff). The combat system is excellent, though. It's got a bit of Pokemon in it. Just drop whatever you're playing and play it.
    What do you guys mean by the social aspect of it?
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

"I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    What do you guys mean by the social aspect of it?
    Persona is basically a double-layered game. You have the dungeon crawling aspect where the battles and loot come into play, but you also have, what is essentially a social simulator. You go to class, study in the library, get a part time job, interact with other characters, etc. These all impact the storyline and your overall skills in the dungeons. The only thing to take note of is that this isn't an open world RPG -- you're limited who you can talk to, what activities you can partake in for a good portion of the game. It sounds like a drawback but it kinda makes sense in the overall scheme of things.

It's kinda hard to explain what the dungeons actually are (the game does a really good job of laying it out piece by piece over the course of the first mission).

Well, I keep flipping back and forth between Mass Effect and Persona 5 and neither as I am still plugging away with Horizon and other backlogged games. So, I did the only logical thing I could do, bought both Mass Effect and Persona 5
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I haven't bought a videogame since NHL 12 but after watching this I may have to get a PS4 just to play it.

Finally finished Horizon...time logged roughly 88 hours. Time slightly skewed due to just walking around and staring at stuff like this(game footage not cinematic) http://i.imgur.com/5114cn8.gif This game just constantly amazed me. The game had zero issues/bugs. Bravo Guerilla Games. The game was a masterpiece.

Been playing Mass Effect, not sure what the complaints were, but I have been enjoying it. Couple of annoying issues, but following Horizon makes them stand out more.

Persona 5 still unopened on shelf, I'll eventually get it installed.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Finally finished Horizon...time logged roughly 88 hours. Time slightly skewed due to just walking around and staring at stuff like this(game footage not cinematic) http://i.imgur.com/5114cn8.gif This game just constantly amazed me. The game had zero issues/bugs. Bravo Guerilla Games. The game was a masterpiece.

Been playing Mass Effect, not sure what the complaints were, but I have been enjoying it. Couple of annoying issues, but following Horizon makes them stand out more.

Persona 5 still unopened on shelf, I'll eventually get it installed.
    I finished Mass Effect and really enjoyed it. There were some annoying bugs but I don't get the hate directed at the game at all. I had a blast with it.

I'm currently playing Horizon and Persona 5 simultaneously, switching back and forth so I don't get bored with either.

Persona 5 is not my typical type of game at all. I hate turn based combat games generally. So the fact that I'm enjoying it at all is a testament to it. I understand why people like it but it's not my favorite. I'm not very far into it - I'm just starting the 2nd palace - and I've heard it gets better the deeper you go so I'm sticking with it. I think this method of flipping back and forth between games will help keep me from getting bored with it.

I agree with Dr Nick about Horizon. It's pretty amazing. The visuals are just stunning and the game is lots of fun. I'm still pretty early in that game too but I'm excited to keep playing as I'm sure it's going to get even better!
    2016 - At least we won as many postseason games as the Red Sox

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

If any PC gamers are interested, Rising Storm GOTY Edition is currently free on Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/r...e-year-edition

If you've never used HB before, you need to sign up for a free account and link it to your Steam account (also free if you don't have one).

I am playing a bit of pc games but I absolutely love all of them, cause all of them are awesome!
    These are the games:
    1. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    2. TrackMania Turbo
    3. PayDay 2

I'm with you guys raving about Persona 5, it's an amazing game! 100 hours in and on the final palace. Definitely worth playing, regardless if you like turn-based rpg's or not!

NYYF Legend

Monument Valley just got a sequel.

Giggity.
    If money is a science, then it is a dark science...it has gone on developing...by its own rules. Neal Stephenson, Quicksilver

Decided to take a break from ME:Andromeda and finally decided to get around to Persona 5. Still early in the game, think I am around April 18th and about to enter the first Palace. Really digging it and love the combat(what little I have done). Loving the story so far. Cant wait to dive back in.

Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    oh my.. those games are so much fun..

Thread Information