+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 383 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

The Video Game Thread

Did a search, while there are a few threads about particular games, nothing for just a general discussion about anything.

I'm playign the Godfather for Wii, anyone else play this? It's a great game, not one I thought I would enjoy this much.

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

Re: The Video Game Thread

I have Call of Duty 3 for the 360, awesome game

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CallOfTheCrow
    I have Call of Duty 3 for the 360, awesome game
    I've heard great things, one of the best games of the year.

I've got a mean game of Free-Cell going on my laptop.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Whenever I have time for videogames (rarely), it's still Tiger Woods 2004 for me. Either that or Final Fantasy 7 again. Who needs $500 systems? Although GTAIV might change my mind.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Whenever I have time for videogames (rarely), it's still Tiger Woods 2004 for me. Either that or Final Fantasy 7 again. Who needs $500 systems? Although GTAIV might change my mind.
    Thats my thinking as well. I've bought two video games in the past year, Zelda Twilight Princess and Godfather. After looking everywhere for a Wii, I got one at work for free.
    I've never played a GTA, but from what I've seen of them, Godfather is played the exact same way

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Assassin's Creed and Guns of the Patriots...CANNOT WAIT!!!!
    Fire Tanaka

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Assassin's Creed does look awesome. Why do they insist on keeping the mullet in MGS in 2007??

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Assassin's Creed does look awesome. Why do they insist on keeping the mullet in MGS in 2007??
    Because he makes it look cool????!
    Fire Tanaka

NYYF Legend

Because he makes it look cool????!
    No he doesn't.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

The games I've been playing a lot have been Spider-Man 3 and MLB2K7. I've favored MLB2K7 more because I can have the Yankees win a lot in it.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
    No he doesn't.
    I'm photoshopping penises on your face right now.
    Fire Tanaka

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    I'm playign the Godfather for Wii, anyone else play this? It's a great game, not one I thought I would enjoy this much.
    Do you have to use the nunchuk for Godfather? ... this whole 2-handed remote thing is intimidating to me.

Just got the Wii a week ago and really enjoy Tiger and Wii Sports... Don't know how non-sports games will play out on it, though.

My heroes, my dreams, and my future lay in Yankee Stadium. And they canít take that away from me. óDerek Jeter

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RJ44
    Do you have to use the nunchuk for Godfather? ... this whole 2-handed remote thing is intimidating to me.

Just got the Wii a week ago and really enjoy Tiger and Wii Sports... Don't know how non-sports games will play out on it, though.
    Yeah you use the nunhuk. It's really easy actually. Zelda and Godfather are both great games that I highly reccomend.
    How is Tiger Woods, I heard some people say Wii golf is better.

NYYF HOF

Yeah you use the nunhuk. It's really easy actually. Zelda and Godfather are both great games that I highly reccomend.
    How is Tiger Woods, I heard some people say Wii golf is better.
    If you are talking about the Wii Golf that's on Wii Sports, I think Tiger is far superior to that. Tiger, to me (as a non-golfer), seems like a golf simulator, almost like hitting in a driving range.

My heroes, my dreams, and my future lay in Yankee Stadium. And they canít take that away from me. óDerek Jeter

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RJ44
    If you are talking about the Wii Golf that's on Wii Sports, I think Tiger is far superior to that. Tiger, to me (as a non-golfer), seems like a golf simulator, almost like hitting in a driving range.
    Yeah thats the one I meant. I heard there a lot of aspects to Wii Sports Golf that were better. I was planning on getting Tiger Woods but got Godfather instead for that reason.

NYYF HOF

Yeah thats the one I meant. I heard there a lot of aspects to Wii Sports Golf that were better. I was planning on getting Tiger Woods but got Godfather instead for that reason.
    Well, tbh, I haven't really played the Wii Sports Golf much, only on the fitness test, but I've played 9 holes in Tiger on several courses, and I can only imagine that the graphics, courses, players are all leaps and bounds better than Wii Sports Golf.

The other day my roommates and i went out to get a Wii, bought all the components controllers and 3 games.......but they didnt have the system. So we called every best buy, circut city, ebgames, gamestop, and walmart near Philly, Wilmington, Washington, and Allentown. NOTHING.....so we have a pile of stuff sitting there, but no console.....

i cannot WAIT till i get that system.
    Yo soy Gary

the wii still pretty hard to find...

i had a buddy pick mine up at the toys-r-us in times square when he was in NY it was the only store that we could find it in.

I'm looking for a new game for 360? Any suggestions? When does Assassin's Creed come out?
    *** 18 - 0 ***
    (asterisks and all!)

Hunka Hunka Hot Monkey Love! mitchrock's Avatar

In my 5th season of Franchise mode of MLBTheShow. HAving to deal with Jeter and Posada both retired now.

I got The Godfather for PS2 over a year ago, and I still play it all the time. Amazing game.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Nothing is more fun then choking a man until he gives you money.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchrock
    In my 5th season of Franchise mode of MLBTheShow. HAving to deal with Jeter and Posada both retired now.
    I accidently saved over my franchise in that game right before the World Series against the Cardinals in my first year. I just came back to beat the Red Sox in the ALCS after being down 0-2 in the series. I was so pissed.

Now I'm doing the Road to the Show Career mode as a pitcher. It's pretty cool, although I get so frustrated when the manager takes me out of the game. I'm in my 3rd year now, spent my first in Trenton and my second in Scranton where I was briefly called up to the Show where I went 1-1 with the Yanks with like a 7.00 ERA. I need more seasoning.

Assassin's Creed does look pretty damn sweet. Army of Two alos looks like it has some definite promise, as does Haze. I had a PS3 in my hands this weekend, but could not pull the trigger. With some really good looking games coming out in the next 3-6 months, I may have to rethink my position
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Thread Information