+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 385 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DaBomber25
    Anyone getting Assassin's Creed? I most likely won't be getting it any time before Christmas.
    I was so pumped for this game. Read the IGN review and it only got a 7.7 and siad it did not really live up to the hype and potential. Kind of dissapointing
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgidget
    I was so pumped for this game. Read the IGN review and it only got a 7.7 and siad it did not really live up to the hype and potential. Kind of dissapointing
    F IGN....i have it waiting at home....i wanna leave work early soooo bad......

this game will be great.
    Yo soy Gary

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    F IGN....i have it waiting at home....i wanna leave work early soooo bad......

this game will be great.
    Yeha, IGN is just another random site, no better thanEbert & Roeper for movies but I have tended to agree with their reviews in the past.

Please give a review here, I'm on the fence.
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by mentalgidget
    Yeha, IGN is just another random site, no better thanEbert & Roeper for movies but I have tended to agree with their reviews in the past.

Please give a review here, I'm on the fence.
    I'll let yall know what i think tommorrow. From what i heard the main grips are pithy things like load times, and whatnot. Although supposedly the big "twist" occurs about 10 minutes in...which isnt really a twist...
    Yo soy Gary

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    I'll let yall know what i think tommorrow. From what i heard the main grips are pithy things like load times, and whatnot. Although supposedly the big "twist" occurs about 10 minutes in...which isnt really a twist...
    yeah, IGN talked about the twist but their biggest gripe was the teadious, repetative and bland gameplay.
    -- Stewie Griffin

*** 18 - 0 ***
    (asterisks and all!)

NYYF Triple Crown

call of duty 4 is fun
    My sword is guided by the reason of Hiten Mitsurugi. Yet when all is said, a sword is a tool of destruction, not salvation.-Seijuro Hiko

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

I'm looking forward to getting Assasin's Creed.

Just picked up Assassins Creed will give a mini review soon
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

NYYF Legend

Please everyone get in with your Assassins Creed reviews. I was all about it until IGN's avg. review. Other sites seem to love it but usually IGN and I agree on game reviews, movies, well thats another story.

That & COD4 are the ones I'm picking up soon.

The Beowulf game intrigues me too.

Quick review of Assassins Creed. Only played for about an hour. Not very far in but some of the things I do like: Assassinating someone than taking off and diving into a bail of hay to avoid the guards is pretty damn fun, as is throwing people to the ground. I really like the eagle vision( can enter a state to see the potential threat and awareness someone has to you). The fighting..its to early to tell havent done much.

SO far after about an hour the only thing I dont like is the camera controls. But I know thats my issues not the game. Another neat feature, during cut-scenes you will see the screen glitch it is a trigger for you and you can change the camera angle to view the scene from a different perspective...not sure of its value other than cosmetic but could come into play later on in the game.

I see a lot of Prince of Persia in this game, if you enjoyed any of that franchise you should like this.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNick
    Quick review of Assassins Creed. Only played for about an hour. Not very far in but some of the things I do like: Assassinating someone than taking off and diving into a bail of hay to avoid the guards is pretty damn fun, as is throwing people to the ground. I really like the eagle vision( can enter a state to see the potential threat and awareness someone has to you). The fighting..its to early to tell havent done much.

SO far after about an hour the only thing I dont like is the camera controls. But I know thats my issues not the game. Another neat feature, during cut-scenes you will see the screen glitch it is a trigger for you and you can change the camera angle to view the scene from a different perspective...not sure of its value other than cosmetic but could come into play later on in the game.

I see a lot of Prince of Persia in this game, if you enjoyed any of that franchise you should like this.

i agree pretty much with what you said. I played it for prolly 2 hours, with my friend playing 2 more, on and off.

First of all, its amazing, the graphics, the controls, the gameplay, the sounds.....its surreal. Without question the most realistic (other than some climbing) game ive ever played. THe controls work perfectly with movement, and the fighting is incredible. You can fight on both offense and defense, read and react extremely well. The AI could use some work, there are times when i felt they could gang up on me....then they tried it, and i was able to counter-kill all of them. But that isnt the true point of the game. That would obviously be assassination, and the methods of doing that are diverse, and getting moreso with ever step in the game. There arnt many weapons, but again, not the point. Youre sword, dagger, and sweet switchblade do the trick, and theres always good ol fashioned fisticuffs.

Size wise, its massive. Huge, unbelievable for a open mapped game. At the start there are sections locked off, but they open very quickly and you really have free roam to do side missions, get stuff, have fun, explore, kill people senslessly (not always recomended), and generally do whatever you please before you have to get into doing what youre told.

Oh yeah, you can climb...like a monkey...on anything...in fact, its STRONGLY recomended.

I can also see why it got bad reviews, and some of the stuff they said is true. There are some poor angles, and sometimes it feels like you lose youre surroundings when teh camera swings seemingly randomly. Also it may....MAY...get a little redundant, but wow is the space ever huge, and the ways to explore it are infinate.

The story...well....i feel like some people will think its corny, some people will think its cool, and some people will be indifferent....i am in the third group....its kinda a (super duper mild spolier) [spoiler] story within a story.[spoiler\] Sometimes those can come out weird.

Overall....9 out of 10....incredible game...absolute must own.....today.....

seriously lets go...walmart is open 23 hours or something like that

EDIT: sorry bout the spelling and grammer...its late, dark, and my eyes are square
    Yo soy Gary

NYYF Triple Crown

I have call of duty 4 and just picked up assassin's creed . I just beat COD4 tonight. It has a very good story line and tons of action. I haven't played assassin's creed just yet but thats going to change in a few mins hehehehe
    My sword is guided by the reason of Hiten Mitsurugi. Yet when all is said, a sword is a tool of destruction, not salvation.-Seijuro Hiko

I love guitar hero and Wii Tennis. But i don't have either of them

I was playing a old super nintendo the other day. It was really fun! I played Donkey Kong Country.

NYYF Triple Crown

I'm excited for Mass Effect next week. Hope to pick up Assassin's Creed sometime after that.

Thanks for the reviews guys. Assassin's Creed will stay firmly atop my Christmas List.
    *** 18 - 0 ***
    (asterisks and all!)

NYYF Legend

Anyone play bioshock>?

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    Anyone play bioshock>?
    I did... for about 3 minutes. Not my cup of tea.
    *** 18 - 0 ***
    (asterisks and all!)

Im loving COD4.

I was really into the sniping mission with the ghillies & where you had to snipe that one dude, taking into account wind factors & everything.

NYYF Triple Crown

anyone play on xbox live? my name is Thrawn7280

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Epy7280
    anyone play on xbox live? my name is Thrawn7280
    thegamev1.

I picked up Assassin's Creed Thursday, love it so far. The interaction with EVERYTHING around you is pretty incredible, and the graphics are truly mind boggling. Only thing I don't like about it is sometimes the downtime in storylines like when you're in the future and they're just talking...and talking...and talking... and the camera angles during some cutscenes.

Also picked up Super Mario Galaxy this week, and that too is incredible. For Wii fans everywhere, I think they should be happy that Nintendo FINALLY released another great game for the Wii after slacking a bit (to be honest with you, including this one there's only three must have games for the Wii: Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess with Super Smash Brothers Brawl becoming the fourth in February).

Assassin's Creed: 9/10
    Super Mario Galaxy: 10/10 (Seriously, this game is great).

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2
    thegamev1.

I picked up Assassin's Creed Thursday, love it so far. The interaction with EVERYTHING around you is pretty incredible, and the graphics are truly mind boggling. Only thing I don't like about it is sometimes the downtime in storylines like when you're in the future and they're just talking...and talking...and talking... and the camera angles during some cutscenes.

Assassin's Creed: 9/10
    (Seriously, this game is great).
    Yea pretty much agree with whats under the spoiler tag. Took out my first assassination target. I just cant get enough of the leap of faith.

NYYF Legend

I just purchased Super Mario Galaxy (against my better judgment.) Apparently it's being hailed as the best Mario game ever---even better than SMB3 and SM64. I'll get back to you guys on that one.

NYYF Legend

SMG is fantastic. A little on the easy side, but it's amazing how far Mario has come.

Thread Information