+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 385 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 380 381 382 383 384 385 LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 9609
  1. #9551
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Is that including on Steam and GOG, because if so, "rest of the year" is nothing.
    No - I'm just talking about my PS4 games. I haven't played Steam/GOG games for a while.
    2017 - Better than expected!

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  2. #9552
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I'm not exaggerating when I say Persona 5 is the best game on the PS4. If you're remotely a fan of RPG's and actual plot, get this game. I spent about 10 hours trying to get through the first story arc/dungeon -- it's essentially a mini TV series with how flushed out everything is. That doesn't even talk about how goddamn impressive the game looks.

    Don't even let the turn based fighting detract you; it just works. This is coming from someone who doesn't watch anime, but I was pretty much captivated by the storyline right out of the gate.

  3. #9553
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I'm not exaggerating when I say Persona 5 is the best game on the PS4. If you're remotely a fan of RPG's and actual plot, get this game. I spent about 10 hours trying to get through the first story arc/dungeon -- it's essentially a mini TV series with how flushed out everything is. That doesn't even talk about how goddamn impressive the game looks.

    Don't even let the turn based fighting detract you; it just works. This is coming from someone who doesn't watch anime, but I was pretty much captivated by the storyline right out of the gate.
    You are making this very difficult for me Tek...lol. Turn-based combat doesnt deter me at all. I am more worried about the managing of the social aspect of the game. I almost picked it up yesterday, but I just stare at my backlog and keep changing my mind...lol

    I have read that the game hits on some pretty dark subject matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

  4. #9554
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post

    I have read that the game hits on some pretty dark subject matter.
    Yes! The very first mission/storyline deals with some taboo stuff. It's extremely well done. The social aspect of the game is probably it's only flaw (you are kinda limited for a while as to what you can and can't do in terms of exploring and stuff). The combat system is excellent, though. It's got a bit of Pokemon in it. Just drop whatever you're playing and play it.

  5. #9555
    Not fooling anyone. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Yes! The very first mission/storyline deals with some taboo stuff. It's extremely well done. The social aspect of the game is probably it's only flaw (you are kinda limited for a while as to what you can and can't do in terms of exploring and stuff). The combat system is excellent, though. It's got a bit of Pokemon in it. Just drop whatever you're playing and play it.
    What do you guys mean by the social aspect of it?
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    "I'd have won that trial. I've often said that." Stephen A. Smith on the OJ Simpson trial

    RIP, Pete.

  6. #9556
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    What do you guys mean by the social aspect of it?
    Persona is basically a double-layered game. You have the dungeon crawling aspect where the battles and loot come into play, but you also have, what is essentially a social simulator. You go to class, study in the library, get a part time job, interact with other characters, etc. These all impact the storyline and your overall skills in the dungeons. The only thing to take note of is that this isn't an open world RPG -- you're limited who you can talk to, what activities you can partake in for a good portion of the game. It sounds like a drawback but it kinda makes sense in the overall scheme of things.

    It's kinda hard to explain what the dungeons actually are (the game does a really good job of laying it out piece by piece over the course of the first mission).

  7. #9557
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Well, I keep flipping back and forth between Mass Effect and Persona 5 and neither as I am still plugging away with Horizon and other backlogged games. So, I did the only logical thing I could do, bought both Mass Effect and Persona 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

  8. #9558
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I haven't bought a videogame since NHL 12 but after watching this I may have to get a PS4 just to play it.


  9. #9559
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Finally finished Horizon...time logged roughly 88 hours. Time slightly skewed due to just walking around and staring at stuff like this(game footage not cinematic) http://i.imgur.com/5114cn8.gif This game just constantly amazed me. The game had zero issues/bugs. Bravo Guerilla Games. The game was a masterpiece.

    Been playing Mass Effect, not sure what the complaints were, but I have been enjoying it. Couple of annoying issues, but following Horizon makes them stand out more.

    Persona 5 still unopened on shelf, I'll eventually get it installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

  10. #9560
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Finally finished Horizon...time logged roughly 88 hours. Time slightly skewed due to just walking around and staring at stuff like this(game footage not cinematic) http://i.imgur.com/5114cn8.gif This game just constantly amazed me. The game had zero issues/bugs. Bravo Guerilla Games. The game was a masterpiece.

    Been playing Mass Effect, not sure what the complaints were, but I have been enjoying it. Couple of annoying issues, but following Horizon makes them stand out more.

    Persona 5 still unopened on shelf, I'll eventually get it installed.
    I finished Mass Effect and really enjoyed it. There were some annoying bugs but I don't get the hate directed at the game at all. I had a blast with it.

    I'm currently playing Horizon and Persona 5 simultaneously, switching back and forth so I don't get bored with either.

    Persona 5 is not my typical type of game at all. I hate turn based combat games generally. So the fact that I'm enjoying it at all is a testament to it. I understand why people like it but it's not my favorite. I'm not very far into it - I'm just starting the 2nd palace - and I've heard it gets better the deeper you go so I'm sticking with it. I think this method of flipping back and forth between games will help keep me from getting bored with it.

    I agree with Dr Nick about Horizon. It's pretty amazing. The visuals are just stunning and the game is lots of fun. I'm still pretty early in that game too but I'm excited to keep playing as I'm sure it's going to get even better!
    2017 - Better than expected!

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  11. #9561

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    If any PC gamers are interested, Rising Storm GOTY Edition is currently free on Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/r...e-year-edition

    If you've never used HB before, you need to sign up for a free account and link it to your Steam account (also free if you don't have one).

  12. #9562
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    UK

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I am playing a bit of pc games but I absolutely love all of them, cause all of them are awesome!
    These are the games:
    1. The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    2. TrackMania Turbo
    3. PayDay 2

  13. #9563
    Member
    GamerGuy25's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Boston

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I'm with you guys raving about Persona 5, it's an amazing game! 100 hours in and on the final palace. Definitely worth playing, regardless if you like turn-based rpg's or not!

  14. #9564
    Word of the Year is Complicit ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Monument Valley just got a sequel.

    Giggity.
    This is not America...No! https://youtu.be/neLXqbR_r0E

  15. #9565
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Decided to take a break from ME:Andromeda and finally decided to get around to Persona 5. Still early in the game, think I am around April 18th and about to enter the first Palace. Really digging it and love the combat(what little I have done). Loving the story so far. Cant wait to dive back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

  16. #9566

    Re: The Video Game Thread


  17. #9567

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    oh my.. those games are so much fun..

  18. #9568
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I'm not exaggerating when I say Persona 5 is the best game on the PS4. If you're remotely a fan of RPG's and actual plot, get this game. I spent about 10 hours trying to get through the first story arc/dungeon -- it's essentially a mini TV series with how flushed out everything is. That doesn't even talk about how goddamn impressive the game looks.

    Don't even let the turn based fighting detract you; it just works. This is coming from someone who doesn't watch anime, but I was pretty much captivated by the storyline right out of the gate.
    I dont know about "best" game on PS4, but its pretty darn close. Just finished this yesterday, what a great story. I think I logged somewhere in the neighborhood of 135 hours to finish it. Thanks Tek for suggesting this game. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

  19. #9569

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Does anyone have an Oculus Rift?

    I just got one--holy moly.

    Looking for recommendations and people to play with online.

  20. #9570
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Does anyone have an Oculus Rift?

    I just got one--holy moly.

    Looking for recommendations and people to play with online.
    Dont have a Rift, but do have a PSVR. I recommend anything horror related, it's what VR was for Racing games are a blast as well. Although if you dont have a racing wheel you do lose some immersion. Looking at the list of rift games the ones I have tried and enjoyed...

    Thumper: Rhythm/timing game. Just sensory overload, a blast to play

    DreadHalls: Horror game...just creepy...noped out of a couple of moments in that game

    DirtRally: Havent played DirtRally, but have played DriveClub(PS exclusive). It is really hard to play a racing game thats non VR for me now.

    A few others I have tried demos such as Eve:Valkyrie..I suck at flight games I get so disoriented

    DarkNet: Neat little puzzle game

    If you start to experience some motion sickness...STOP..do not fight through it...trust me.

    I am counting down the days to Skyrim VR. I might go MIA in that game.

    I see Fallout 4 is coming to the Rift...thats another I am hoping for for the PSVR.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

  21. #9571

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Dont have a Rift, but do have a PSVR. I recommend anything horror related, it's what VR was for Racing games are a blast as well. Although if you dont have a racing wheel you do lose some immersion. Looking at the list of rift games the ones I have tried and enjoyed...

    Thumper: Rhythm/timing game. Just sensory overload, a blast to play

    DreadHalls: Horror game...just creepy...noped out of a couple of moments in that game

    DirtRally: Havent played DirtRally, but have played DriveClub(PS exclusive). It is really hard to play a racing game thats non VR for me now.

    A few others I have tried demos such as Eve:Valkyrie..I suck at flight games I get so disoriented

    DarkNet: Neat little puzzle game

    If you start to experience some motion sickness...STOP..do not fight through it...trust me.

    I am counting down the days to Skyrim VR. I might go MIA in that game.

    I see Fallout 4 is coming to the Rift...thats another I am hoping for for the PSVR.
    I haven't played any driving games. I got it on Monday and have only played a couple of hours. My youngest likes the 3d drawing and sculpting apps.

    What I have played is that shooting game-- Dead and Buried. It may be the best game I've ever played. Wild west setting with a few game options including two on two gunfights behind cover, and the duel mode where you quick-draw against someone else. Really amazing.

    Fallout I would definitely buy. I'll probably wait until I hear reviews first. It's for Vive, actually-- not the Oculus, but they are usually compatible from what I hear. I linked my Steam account but I have no VR games yet. It will take me a while to get bored of all the free stuff before I go spending money on other games.

  22. #9572
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    I'm starting to consider getting a new console. I haven't played a videogame in 5 years. Last game I got was NHL 12 for the PS3.

    I want to play the South Park game, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Wolfenstein 2. I don't care about playing games online as I'd be roundly trounced by 12 year old pros.

    So, let's hear it - should I get PS4 of Xbox?

    What's the difference between PS4 slim and PS4 pro?
    What's the difference between Xbox One S and XBox One X?

    Are they both bluray players or is it still just Playstation that will do that since right now my PS3 is the only bluray player I have in my living room.

  23. #9573

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Xbox X is basically a supercomputer. I've read analyst reports that it should cost 3 grand or something......4k / HDR, etc.......

    I will be procuring.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

  24. #9574

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Also, if anyone wants a great throwback game with incredible graphics and difficulty, spend the 20 bucks and get Cuphead.
    Hideki Matsui is capable of anything

  25. #9575
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: The Video Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I'm starting to consider getting a new console. I haven't played a videogame in 5 years. Last game I got was NHL 12 for the PS3.

    I want to play the South Park game, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Wolfenstein 2. I don't care about playing games online as I'd be roundly trounced by 12 year old pros.

    So, let's hear it - should I get PS4 of Xbox?

    What's the difference between PS4 slim and PS4 pro?
    What's the difference between Xbox One S and XBox One X?

    Are they both bluray players or is it still just Playstation that will do that since right now my PS3 is the only bluray player I have in my living room.
    personally, i'd take a PS over xbox every single time. for me, the game library is superior and the quality of machine is also better.

    that said, the xbox x is supposedly impressive.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts