+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 385 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

Re: The Video Game Thread

PIcked up Virtua Tennis 3 the otehr night. Very very very very fun game. I was looking for a sports game to get me through the summer months post MLB 2k7, pre madden. The game is loaded with minigames and you can play them all with up to 4 players.
    Very good investment for the shear entertainment value.
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

NYYF Cy Young

Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer.. Im getting COD 4 also wenn its out on the market..
    Pride Power Pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    The other day my roommates and i went out to get a Wii, bought all the components controllers and 3 games.......but they didnt have the system. So we called every best buy, circut city, ebgames, gamestop, and walmart near Philly, Wilmington, Washington, and Allentown. NOTHING.....so we have a pile of stuff sitting there, but no console.....

i cannot WAIT till i get that system.
    The TRU in Times Square gets them daily. When I walk past the stores there are still lines for them.
    Also, check www.itrackr.com
    It's a great system, tons of fun.

I want a damn Wii.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    I want a damn Wii.
    Use sites to find them, the demand is less so you should be able to find one if you find out when they get put in stock

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Whenever I have time for videogames (rarely), it's still Tiger Woods 2004 for me. Either that or Final Fantasy 7 again. Who needs $500 systems? Although GTAIV might change my mind.
    Dude i love FFVII too, thats probably the only long game I've ever actually finished. But speaking of GTAIV (set in "Liberty City", meaning NYC), a new trailer came out today.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/793/793799/vids_1.html

I really liked GTA III (I only played San Andreas) mostly because of how its basically real life except you can do all the things that aren't allowed (yes, like being really sadistic and beating up old women, thats why i will never let children of mine play this game until age 38. but theres also a lot of really cool ................ too). It reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day. GTA IV looks awesome

NYYF Legend

You know things are bad when you get tired of listening to the real baseball game to play the virtual one. That lasts for about 20 minutes though. Still have to keep the faith.
    Disco Stu:
    Nick Swisher has agreed to a $56 mil, 4 year contract with the Cleveland Indians. Good riddance!!!

teknetic
    .268/.367/.483 .850 during his four years here. Can we get rid of you instead?

I am really really pumped for Resident Evil 4 to hit shelves for the Wii.....in my opinion RE-4 for GameCube and PS2 is THE BEST shooter ive ever played....though Resistence Fall of Man comes close

Other than that ive been living in Twlight Princess....and just waiting....patiently...for assassins creed.

on another note...has anyone played The Darkness? its about a vampire assassin....sounds badass
    Yo soy Gary

Mr. May

Full Metal Jacket for the Wii
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98V8w0w4WtY

NYYF MVP

I love playing the Taigo Drum Master Series. I've only played the arcade version and the home version (PS2 with drum sets). Haven't played the PSP version yet. There are tons of youtube footages of avid fans in Japan playing like real masters. It's insane. But it really is quite a lot of fun. A great game for parties, too!

ARCADE -- DIFFICULTY STANDARD

ARCADE -- DIFFICULTY HARD

ARCADE -- BIDEXTEROUS PLAY
    (Insane! He's playing 1p and 2p simultaneosly! The beats are not the same! The footage is quite long. Just watch it for the first song.)

PSP -- DIFFICULTY HARD

Do you guys play this game in the States?
    [COLOR=red]Wang for All and All for Wang![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by FingersCrossed
    I love playing the Taigo Drum Master Series. I've only played the arcade version and the home version (PS2 with drum sets). Haven't played the PSP version yet. There are tons of youtube footages of avid fans in Japan playing like real masters. It's insane. But it really is quite a lot of fun. A great game for parties, too!

ARCADE -- DIFFICULTY STANDARD

ARCADE -- DIFFICULTY HARD

ARCADE -- BIDEXTEROUS PLAY
    (Insane! He's playing 1p and 2p simultaneosly! The beats are not the same! The footage is quite long. Just watch it for the first song.)

PSP -- DIFFICULTY HARD

Do you guys play this game in the States?
    Never heard of it... Guitar Hero is fun though

NBA Live or 2K8? I'm leaning 2K8, what about everyone else?

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    Never heard of it... Guitar Hero is fun though
    Haha. Somehow it doesn't come as a surprise. It's funny that when we say musical prodigies, the Asians immediately think of 4-year-old pianists/violinists while you'll see a lot of 4-year-old guitarists/drummers (rock/jazz) from Western countries.
    [COLOR=red]Wang for All and All for Wang![/COLOR]

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Heard a rumor about a Star Wars Wii game where you wield a lightsaber and use the wii-mote. If that's true, then I will be getting a Wii.

NYYF HOF

Heard a rumor about a Star Wars Wii game where you wield a lightsaber and use the wii-mote. If that's true, then I will be getting a Wii.
    I heard the Pirates of the Caribbean game was similar, but with sword-fighting. Haven't seen it myself, though.

My heroes, my dreams, and my future lay in Yankee Stadium. And they canít take that away from me. óDerek Jeter

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJ44
    I heard the Pirates of the Caribbean game was similar, but with sword-fighting. Haven't seen it myself, though.
    Obi-wan would f-up Jack Sparrow.

NYYF HOF

Obi-wan would f-up Jack Sparrow.

My heroes, my dreams, and my future lay in Yankee Stadium. And they canít take that away from me. óDerek Jeter

In Zelda: Twilight Princess you hold the nunchuck in your right hand and the wiimtoe in your left, swinging, stabbing, and shaking the wiimote will do sword moves similar to the wiimote move.

There is only one problem...and this is only for true Zelda fans to care about....but you hold the sword right handed...
    Yo soy Gary

The release date for Rockstars' Manhunt 2(which was July 3rd) has been delayed, as the game has been banned in Great Britain, Ireland, Australia and given an AO rating here the the US.

http://www.siliconvalleysleuth.com/2...t2_just_g.html

Too bad I was lookin forward to this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    This Administration reminds me of Reservoir Dogs...Evil white guys in suits, few roles for women and Mr. Orange lies through the whole thing.

NYYF Legend

Anyone pick up Mario Galaxy? I got it the other day and it's pretty cool, barley into it, but it's awesome

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    Anyone pick up Mario Galaxy? I got it the other day and it's pretty cool, barley into it, but it's awesome
    I was wondering about that game...I couldnt decide whether it looked good or not...whats the gameplay like?
    "Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier. The cigars taste better. The trees are greener." - Billy Martin

NYYF Legend

I've only played it like 20-30 minutes, but since it's made for the wii specifically, the controls are great. In some ways it's very similar to Mario 64, in other ways, very different.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah
    I've only played it like 20-30 minutes, but since it's made for the wii specifically, the controls are great. In some ways it's very similar to Mario 64, in other ways, very different.
    Cool, sounds like its worth taking a look at
    "Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier. The cigars taste better. The trees are greener." - Billy Martin

Anyone getting Assassin's Creed? I most likely won't be getting it any time before Christmas.
    *** 18 - 0 ***
    (asterisks and all!)

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by DaBomber25
    Anyone getting Assassin's Creed? I most likely won't be getting it any time before Christmas.
    That reminds me, must enter Jade Raymond into the HFC.
    Fire Tanaka

Thread Information