PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Yankees MLB Extra Innings schedule

knickfan23
03-20-06, 12:50 PM
I have taken some time to figure this out, but I think I may have it. For those looking for a 2006 Yankees broacast schedule from MLB Extra Innings, look no further than right here.
I have taken all the teams broadcast schedules and mixed it in with the MLB EI programming formula and have come up with the Yankees schedule for this season. As it stands, the Yanks are scheduled for at least 91 YES games on EI this season and that number could go up to as many as 100 (doubtful though). Only 6 games have yet to be filled in due to televison agreements.

Here is the schedule: Just save the attachment to your PC

ChrisV82
03-20-06, 01:39 PM
Fantastic, I will download this when I get home.

slickknick
03-20-06, 03:19 PM
I'm new to MLB Extra Innings. So I'm guaranteed 96 of the Yankee games outside of my market will be broadcasted on EI?

Arod for President
03-20-06, 03:27 PM
This is great. From what I see hopefully there will be less games on UPN this year.... Hopefully ;)

knickfan23
03-20-06, 03:36 PM
I'm new to MLB Extra Innings. So I'm guaranteed 96 of the Yankee games outside of my market will be broadcasted on EI?

You will see all of the games mentioned. The 96 number are the games that will have the YES feed. The other games will have the opposing team's feed or shown nationally.

Hope that cleared up any confusion.

knickfan23
03-20-06, 03:38 PM
This is great. From what I see hopefully there will be less games on UPN this year.... Hopefully ;)

UPN will have between 19 and 22 games. I havent filled all the games in for UPN9, but I'll do that shortly. But remember, this schedule only has to do with the Yankees as far as those who have the Extra Innings package. In this case, an NYY fan who lives in San Diego, Atlanta, Dallas, Miami or Chicago make have more interest in this than someone in NY who can just turn on YES or UPN9 and get all the games.

slickknick
03-20-06, 04:19 PM
UPN will have between 19 and 22 games. I havent filled all the games in for UPN9, but I'll do that shortly. But remember, this schedule only has to do with the Yankees as far as those who have the Extra Innings package. In this case, an NYY fan who lives in San Diego, Atlanta, Dallas, Miami or Chicago make have more interest in this than someone in NY who can just turn on YES or UPN9 and get all the games.

That's why I'm interested. I'm in Central Florida and I was debating on buying EI or the online mlb.tv broadcasts for the season. Now all I need is a list of the nationally televised games that won't be on EI so I can have a complete list. Anybody?

gold23
03-20-06, 04:24 PM
That's why I'm interested. I'm in Central Florida and I was debating on buying EI or the online mlb.tv broadcasts for the season. Now all I need is a list of the nationally televised games that won't be on EI so I can have a complete list. Anybody?

You should get about 130 or so games though Extra Innings. Pretty much every game that isn't an ESPN Sunday Night game or Saturday afternoon game during Fox's window. But, you'll likely get a bunch of the Saturday games anyway over regular Fox. Typically, with Extra Innings, you will get an overwhelming majority of Yankee games- either through the Yankee feed or the opposing team's announcers.

If you are a baseball fan who likes to either follow their own team from out of town or watch a ton of games, it is absolutely worth every penny.

knickfan23
03-20-06, 04:27 PM

I've included that into the mix. The 9 FOX games on Saturday and at least 2 or 3 games from ESPN on Sunday.

Now, the games from Monday thru Friday on ESPN vary. More than likely, the Yanks will be on during the week at least 20 times. But you wont know that until 2 weeks before the game.

I have MLBTV as well, so in total, I figure I will see around 117-20 YES produced games this year. Last year, I tracked it at 114 counting in MLBTV with MLBEI.

justinvarnes
03-20-06, 04:32 PM
Knickfan23, you are the MAN!!!!!

thank you for the list!

RhodyYanksFan
03-20-06, 05:16 PM
You should get about 130 or so games though Extra Innings. Pretty much every game that isn't an ESPN Sunday Night game or Saturday afternoon game during Fox's window. But, you'll likely get a bunch of the Saturday games anyway over regular Fox. Typically, with Extra Innings, you will get an overwhelming majority of Yankee games- either through the Yankee feed or the opposing team's announcers.

If you are a baseball fan who likes to either follow their own team from out of town or watch a ton of games, it is absolutely worth every penny.

I have a HDTV and box from my cable company. Do the Extra Innings games come in HD? If not, can I get rid of my HD box/digital cable and just have basic cable and the Extra Innings?

knickfan23
03-20-06, 07:50 PM
I have a HDTV and box from my cable company. Do the Extra Innings games come in HD? If not, can I get rid of my HD box/digital cable and just have basic cable and the Extra Innings?

Not all of them come in HD because a good portion of teams still do not produce their games in HD. However, there is a channel caled "INHD" that shows MLB games from Extra Innings several times a week. I dont know how many it is, but they do show some.

fvck a red sock
03-21-06, 10:19 AM
dish network is offering them in HD where the games are broadcast in it.. Every stadium is going to be equipped with HD cameras from what I have read. I have comcast and they unfortunately raised the price of their EI package, and dont offer the games in HD.. last year they had an early bird package that cost $129.00 this year the early bird package costs 159.00 and the regular price is 169.00 such BS.. got it anyway though..

gold23
03-21-06, 11:38 AM

As mentioned above, INHD carries three or four games a week in HD. If you are in the NY area, Yankee games will be blacked out (though you'd have YES feed in HD for home games anyway). Typically, the Yanks, Phils, Mets, O's, Sox, and Padres home games get most of the INHD games.

As for regular EI, they currently do not offer HD games. The INHD games, by the way, are available whether or not you subscribe to EI- it's independent of that package.

fvck a red sock
03-21-06, 12:02 PM
As for regular EI, they currently do not offer HD games. The INHD games, by the way, are available whether or not you subscribe to EI- it's independent of that package.

There should be though, all comcast has to do is add an option for HD users to be able to watch the games in HD, even if it cost more money it would be so worth it

HouseThatRingsBuild
03-21-06, 02:10 PM

HD is the best. I have them with directv and so far I haven't found a game that didn't have it avialable. But I had to paid extra for nfl sunday ticket with hd. So I hope I don't have to pay extra for the mlb package.

Boogiedown Bomber
03-21-06, 02:33 PM
Thanx for the hook up with the schedule. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

OCYankFan
03-22-06, 02:42 AM
Not all of them come in HD because a good portion of teams still do not produce their games in HD. However, there is a channel caled "INHD" that shows MLB games from Extra Innings several times a week. I dont know how many it is, but they do show some.

I'm not sure that INHD will be showing any games this season. Look at their web site, less than two weeks before the season starts, and there's no mention of MLB on it.

I have had the MLB EI package for three years now, and I recently got my "automatic renewal" letter from the cable company. It mentioned that this year, "select" games on the package will be shown in HD.

Perhaps Cablevision Systems, which runs both INHD and the MLB EI package, has moved the hi-def games to EI. If that lets me see more YES feeds in HD, I'm all for it; last year, there was a grand total of (1) YES game on INHD, but at least a dozen NESN games in hi-def. Thanks for that, Dolan family; they must think that everyone with an HD set is a Red Sox fan.

bostonyankeefan
03-22-06, 09:28 AM

For the cost of taking my family to one game, I can watch the entire season. It is a real bargain. No HD for the EI package is a bummer, but I am glad that I have the chance to see the games regardless of the picture quality.

slickknick
03-22-06, 09:38 AM
For all of those who contributed, thanks for the wealth of information. So for $160, I can see a majority of the games.

Paul Hunter23
03-22-06, 10:14 PM
Hopefully we out of market people can see some Yes broadcasts in HD on Directv. Channel 94 or 95.

Yanksagain
03-23-06, 12:07 PM
Thanks for this schedule. Very important to those of us that get EI and are out of the NY market. I love the package and am very interested to see if there will be any HD games this season as part of the EI package.

What's interesting to me about this thread is that there are a bunch of us in the Rhode Island, CT, etc. region of New England. We should all get together for a pint at a local pub as there are a few of us that must live close to each other.

knickfan23
03-29-06, 04:24 AM
UPDATE:

I have updated the schedule as of March 29th, 2006. Several changes have been made as the Yankees have officially released their television schedule. The Angels have also released their schedule which fills in some blanks.

Here's what we have:

93 YES games this year on MLB EI
49 Non-YES Games
9 games NOT to be shown on MLB EI
9 games shown on FOX
2 games shown on ESPN

Total = 162

Enjoy the new schedule by downloading the excel file at the top.

BRONXBOMBERS06
03-29-06, 06:18 AM
What's interesting to me about this thread is that there are a bunch of us in the Rhode Island, CT, etc. region of New England. We should all get together for a pint at a local pub as there are a few of us that must live close to each other.[/QUOTE]

Being in Southern NH, I'd love to get together with fellow Yankee fans for some games
mhovey@verizon.net

Paul Hunter23
03-30-06, 01:06 PM
I'm gonna miss 9 games this year?? That sucks. Blame it on that stupid agreement with UPN9.

TannerBoyle
03-30-06, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna miss 9 games this year?? That sucks. Blame it on that stupid agreement with UPN9.

At least it's a few Tuesday games mixed in there. Last year a ton of Friday night games were blacked out due to UPN, but if in reality these are the only 9 games not on EI or national channels, then it's 6 Fridays and 3 Tuesdays.

Paul Hunter23
03-31-06, 09:57 AM
At least it's a few Tuesday games mixed in there. Last year a ton of Friday night games were blacked out due to UPN, but if in reality these are the only 9 games not on EI or national channels, then it's 6 Fridays and 3 Tuesdays.

Yeah I would rather see the Tuesday game be blacked out. Friday night, you're at home, chilling, having a Bud..you wanna see the game lol. I keep harping on it but I wanna see some YES Yankee games in HD this year. I've ordered the early bird special.

brosiusbuddy
03-31-06, 11:34 AM

You'll need the box to have Extra Innings and according to the extra innings website, they said they'll be showing "more" HD games. I dont know what that means though or what its relative to.

JTMazzo
04-01-06, 03:36 PM
Link at top of this page does not work for me. I just ordered MLB EI today (Saturday) and Comcast doesn't even know what the schedule will be by Monday. The only one I can find is on the DirecTV website.

longtimeyankeefan
04-01-06, 10:37 PM
Alas, no MLB EI for me this season - I have moved and 1) have no exposure for the DirecTV dish and 2) was moving to MLB.tv anyway.

Interestingly, I find MLB.tv to have more home broadcast games - last season, I was usually able to pick up the Friday night over the air games, for example.

Plus, at $79.99, MLB.tv is half the price of MLB EI.

Given it a try.

brosiusbuddy
04-01-06, 11:17 PM
Alas, no MLB EI for me this season - I have moved and 1) have no exposure for the DirecTV dish and 2) was moving to MLB.tv anyway.

Interestingly, I find MLB.tv to have more home broadcast games - last season, I was usually able to pick up the Friday night over the air games, for example.

Plus, at $79.99, MLB.tv is half the price of MLB EI.

Given it a try.
MLB.tv for the computer? I hope you have a sweet set up and a great connection. I had it through cable and it was really blurry and sitting at a computer to watch games gets old after a while... i like to lounge

True Yankee-ette13
04-02-06, 01:42 AM
I just ordered MLB EI online and I'm ecstatic. I know many rave about MLB.TV, but I simply don't like it. It craps out a lot and it's just not the same as watching it on TV.

Thanks for the info, Knicks.

knickfan23
04-02-06, 04:28 PM
Link at top of this page does not work for me. I just ordered MLB EI today (Saturday) and Comcast doesn't even know what the schedule will be by Monday. The only one I can find is on the DirecTV website.

Try downloading it now. I replaced the Excel file (doesnt seem to work with the software upgrade) with a PDF file. Hopefully it makes it alot easier for everyone.

BTW - They dont have it out because they usually wait until the opening day of the season to put it there. However, all one has to do is look at the Yanks schedule and look at their opponents TV schedule and match everything up. Thats what I did.

VFBundy
04-02-06, 05:54 PM
They have the April schedule out:

http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/MLBExtraInnings/Schedule/2006_4.htm

...and the May schedule:

http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/MLBExtraInnings/Schedule/2006_5.htm

Unfortunately, I can see the continuing trend of not showing the Friday night games. In April and May, the Friday games of April 21, April 28, May 19, and May 26 aren't shown. With the exception of the May 20 & 21 games (which will be televised nationally), the one other game not shown is on Saturday, May 27.

So, five games in two months isn't bad. However, having subscribed to MLB Extra Innings over the past three years, I noticed the trend is that you get a higher percentage of games in April and May because the Saturday blackout rules don't apply until the end of May or early June.

MassNYYfan
04-02-06, 11:00 PM
I hope the UPN games still show up on that mysterious channel 583 on DirecTV. :P

The only thing that pisses me off about the UPN games is that the local cable company gets 2 UPNs and I'd get all those games if I had cable. So keep them on 583, please please please please. :)

VFBundy
04-03-06, 07:16 AM
I hope the UPN games still show up on that mysterious channel 583 on DirecTV. :P

The only thing that pisses me off about the UPN games is that the local cable company gets 2 UPNs and I'd get all those games if I had cable. So keep them on 583, please please please please. :)

Unfortunately, I don't get DirecTV. In my area (Westfield, MA), Comcast doesn't carry UPN9.

The thing that really irks me about this is that my hometown of Adams, MA, which is way up in the northwest corner of Mass...THEY actually get UPN9.

MassNYYfan
04-04-06, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately, I don't get DirecTV. In my area (Westfield, MA), Comcast doesn't carry UPN9.

The thing that really irks me about this is that my hometown of Adams, MA, which is way up in the northwest corner of Mass...THEY actually get UPN9.

Yeah, Charter carries both UPN38 and UPN9. Weird. :shrugs:

About the only thing they'd be good for if I actually used them. Can't wait to dump their internet service if it turns out Verizon ain't lying to me about DSL being available at my place finally.

Paul Hunter23
04-04-06, 08:53 AM
[quote=MassNYYfan]I hope the UPN games still show up on that mysterious channel 583 on DirecTV. :P/quote]

What is channel 583? Is it some RSN channel?

Boogiedown Bomber
04-04-06, 11:38 AM

Y'know, maybe DirecTV had something for you b/c I never saw anything on this channel 583. I tried it last season, and I got zilch. Then again, with my NHL Centre Ice package, I have watched a couple of Canadiens games in French this season when you are not supposed to. Oh well! :)

MassNYYfan
04-05-06, 12:05 AM
[quote=MassNYYfan]I hope the UPN games still show up on that mysterious channel 583 on DirecTV. :P/quote]

What is channel 583? Is it some RSN channel?

I have no idea what it is. All I know is someone on this board posted the tip and I got quite a few of the UPN games on there. It just said "Private Network Broadcast".

Maybe ties in with the local cable company carrying the UPN9 feed here? I don't get a UPN with my local channels package lineup. I honestly have no idea...

mlynn
04-05-06, 09:56 AM
I'm a Dish customer, and I was about to order the MLB EI package when I saw the first week schedule on Dish. According to Dish's website, the EI package only shows the game on 4/4 and nothing else during the first week. It completely misses the Angels series. I called Dish customer service and they said they only get the schedule one week at a time. Does the MLB EI package on Dish cut out more Yankees games because they do not carry the YES Network? If so, that is really disappointing. The other option is that their schedule is incorrect. Are there any Dish users that can comment on this?

By the way, I live out of market so EI is the only way I can get these games. For the moment, I am stuck with Dish, but I would be willing to switch to Directv if I could only find a local installer that can handle a tricky install (the local Dish guy was great about this).

knickfan23
04-05-06, 02:20 PM
I'm a Dish customer, and I was about to order the MLB EI package when I saw the first week schedule on Dish. According to Dish's website, the EI package only shows the game on 4/4 and nothing else during the first week. It completely misses the Angels series. I called Dish customer service and they said they only get the schedule one week at a time. Does the MLB EI package on Dish cut out more Yankees games because they do not carry the YES Network? If so, that is really disappointing. The other option is that their schedule is incorrect. Are there any Dish users that can comment on this?

By the way, I live out of market so EI is the only way I can get these games. For the moment, I am stuck with Dish, but I would be willing to switch to Directv if I could only find a local installer that can handle a tricky install (the local Dish guy was great about this).

It is a more difficult situation if you have Dish for this reason. Since they dont carry YES, if you have a situation where the opposing team is showing the game locally instead of on cable, then you are out of luck.

Example. Tonights Yankees game is shown on YES, while the A's are showing the game locally on KICU in Oakland. If you have DirecTV, you will get the game, because you can see it on YES. But if you have Dish Network, you are out of luck because not only will you not get the local feed from KICU, but you wont get the YES feed either.

Its a tough spot.

mlynn
04-05-06, 06:01 PM
It is a more difficult situation if you have Dish for this reason. Since they dont carry YES, if you have a situation where the opposing team is showing the game locally instead of on cable, then you are out of luck.

Example. Tonights Yankees game is shown on YES, while the A's are showing the game locally on KICU in Oakland. If you have DirecTV, you will get the game, because you can see it on YES. But if you have Dish Network, you are out of luck because not only will you not get the local feed from KICU, but you wont get the YES feed either.

Its a tough spot.

Wow, that hurts. I don't think I can spring for the package and get so few games. On the bright side, I'll probably be more productive given the couple hundred hours of Yankees games I won't be watching this year.

Yankee666666
04-06-06, 05:36 PM
How many games do you think we will get with the dish network mlb package?

Spaceboy88
04-07-06, 03:26 PM
I've just subscribed to the MLB Extra Innings package, just so I can watch other games that aren't broadcast. Once 10:00/10:30 rolls around, I'll just switch to one of the West Coast games. Can't beat all the games for $149 all season.

TinoFan84
04-07-06, 03:48 PM
Thanks for putting that schedule together for me, I can never remember where on line to find the freakin' MLB EI schedule so I've been just checking every day to see if the Yanks are on ...

knickfan23
04-07-06, 08:31 PM
How many games do you think we will get with the dish network mlb package?

Since I'm at work and dont have access to all the numbers, my over/under would be set at 108 games.

Spaceboy88
04-07-06, 09:42 PM
www.getbaseball.com is the MLB Extra Innings homepage. You can find the program schedules there as well.

Paul Hunter23
04-07-06, 10:19 PM
gotta listen to rex hudler and that other t*rd on fsnw for 3 straight days. harsh..

RhodyYanksFan
04-08-06, 11:33 AM
My cable company gave me a price of $179.99 for MLB Extra Innings. Plus I'd have to get (well keep) my digital box for 4.95/month. Is that outrageous or the average price for the package?

Yankee666666
04-08-06, 01:28 PM
Since I'm at work and dont have access to all the numbers, my over/under would be set at 108 games.

Really? That'd be SWEET! I figured all the games that were solely on YES I wouldnt be able to get. Is there anyway I can figure out exactly which games I will and wont get? I dont want you to have to go thru the trouble of making a list just for that. Thanks.

ctyanksfan1
04-08-06, 06:21 PM
My cable company gave me a price of $179.99 for MLB Extra Innings. Plus I'd have to get (well keep) my digital box for 4.95/month. Is that outrageous or the average price for the package?
There is usually an early bird price for EI, I think $20 off, if you order before April 9.
That's on Cablevision, but I'm sure other cable co.s are extending the same offer.

Paul Hunter23
04-08-06, 07:24 PM
All 3 Yankee games vs KC on channel 95 in HD on Directv. Sweet.

179.00 is the going rate for MLB EI. As stated earlier..it was 159.99 up until April 2.

knickfan23
04-08-06, 08:41 PM
Really? That'd be SWEET! I figured all the games that were solely on YES I wouldnt be able to get. Is there anyway I can figure out exactly which games I will and wont get? I dont want you to have to go thru the trouble of making a list just for that. Thanks.

There is a way. Just look at the Yankees schedule and then look at their opponents schedule to see if they are showing the game on their cable network as opposed to showing the game locally. For instance, tonights Yankees-Angels game is shown on YES and FSN West (Angels). Since you dont get YES, you would get the game via FSN West.

Yankee666666
04-09-06, 04:07 PM
There is a way. Just look at the Yankees schedule and then look at their opponents schedule to see if they are showing the game on their cable network as opposed to showing the game locally. For instance, tonights Yankees-Angels game is shown on YES and FSN West (Angels). Since you dont get YES, you would get the game via FSN West.

Before I go ahead and make a dish network schedule I wanted to ask you something. So does that mean if a game is on locally for Kansas City (like Tuesdays Yankee home opener) then it will be shown on dish networks version of MLBEI? The game locally is on RSTN which is not carried by dish. Dish Networks MLB schedule is only updated thru Monday so I dont know if they are showing Tuesdays game. Thanks

acidsin
04-10-06, 11:24 AM
I was curious if anybody could give me some input. I am looking into getting MLB EI, but Direct TV is out of the question. How many Yankee games should I get on Dish Network, and will any of them be in HD? Also, are there any other options avaible other than MLB.tv? Is there anywhere outside of Direct TV that offers YES? I live in the middle of nowhere in Iowa, so any help would be great.

RhodyYanksFan
04-10-06, 12:10 PM
There is usually an early bird price for EI, I think $20 off, if you order before April 9.
That's on Cablevision, but I'm sure other cable co.s are extending the same offer.

My ghetto cable company didn't even get the package until last week. I called in the beginning of March and they said they'd be getting it for the season. No early bird specials apparantly.

knickfan23
04-10-06, 12:59 PM
Before I go ahead and make a dish network schedule I wanted to ask you something. So does that mean if a game is on locally for Kansas City (like Tuesdays Yankee home opener) then it will be shown on dish networks version of MLBEI? The game locally is on RSTN which is not carried by dish. Dish Networks MLB schedule is only updated thru Monday so I dont know if they are showing Tuesdays game. Thanks

In the case of RSTN, they do not have original programming, they come on simply, like in DirecTV's case, RSN Alternate. The network is only shown for pregame and the game itself. So there is an outside chance that they will have the game, but my best advice would be to wait it out this week to see which games show up from which ones dont. Otherwise, you could be in a situation where your paying big money for few games.

Yankee666666
04-10-06, 03:57 PM
In the case of RSTN, they do not have original programming, they come on simply, like in DirecTV's case, RSN Alternate. The network is only shown for pregame and the game itself. So there is an outside chance that they will have the game, but my best advice would be to wait it out this week to see which games show up from which ones dont. Otherwise, you could be in a situation where your paying big money for few games.
Im already subscribed to the package, I just want to make a list of what games I will be able to get on dish. Its very hard since theres channels like RSTN and PAX for Tampa Bay which are not on dish. I was kinda hoping the games that YES had but were also on locally would be picked up by Dish network mlbEI. I guess Its really not possible to know exactly which games I will get. Would it be alot of trouble for you to make up a list for dish network since there seems to be some people here other than me who could use it.

GraigNettlesWannaBe
04-21-06, 09:25 AM
Knickfan23, you seem have good information. Do you know why DishNetwork is not showing all of the games. Example: they did not show the game on April 5th (A's) but they showed the game on the 4th. They did not show the two Toronto games. Local blackouts don't apply. I live in Orioles country.
I call DishNetwork but I always have to start out by explaining what American Baseball is.

knickfan23
04-21-06, 12:13 PM
Knickfan23, you seem have good information. Do you know why DishNetwork is not showing all of the games. Example: they did not show the game on April 5th (A's) but they showed the game on the 4th. They did not show the two Toronto games. Local blackouts don't apply. I live in Orioles country.
I call DishNetwork but I always have to start out by explaining what American Baseball is.

Easy.

The Yanks-A's game was shown on Apr 4th because Dish has a deal with all the FSN Regional Networks. The game that night was shown on FSN Bay Area, therefore you got the game. However, the next night, the A's were shown locally, and because Dish doesnt have a deal with YES, you end up not getting the game.

The same goes for the Toronto games. Because Dish doesnt have a deal with either YES and/or Rogers Sportsnet in Canada, you are out of luck.

Though you wont have the same problem this week because the games are available to you on Comcast Mid Atlantic. You will run into this issue starting on Tuesday when the Devil Rays come to the Bronx. Tampa is showing the game locally on PAX and because YES has no deal with Dish, you will be out of luck for 2 of the 3 games.

Yankee666666
04-24-06, 05:33 PM
The same goes for the Toronto games. Because Dish doesnt have a deal with either YES and/or Rogers Sportsnet in Canada, you are out of luck.

Though you wont have the same problem this week because the games are available to you on Comcast Mid Atlantic. You will run into this issue starting on Tuesday when the Devil Rays come to the Bronx. Tampa is showing the game locally on PAX and because YES has no deal with Dish, you will be out of luck for 2 of the 3 games.[/quote]
How do you know that info about which networks have deals with dish? Id like to go through all the games this season to figure out which games I wont be getting. I already know I wont be getting a couple of the Texas games next week so I guess dish doesnt have a deal with kdfi or kdfw. How can I find this info out?

whalers
04-28-06, 02:41 PM
Anyone else hate Friday games as much as i do since they rarerly get shown on EI. It really chaps my @ss.

MassNYYfan
04-29-06, 11:44 PM
Anyone else hate Friday games as much as i do since they rarerly get shown on EI. It really chaps my @ss.

Yep.

And I even checked that 583 channel, and it said "YES Private Broadcast" or something like that, so I figured I was definitely getting the game thru that channel, as I did a few times last year.

But....nothing. Got the fookin' "for ordering info, call" yadda yadda box. Dammit.

knickfan23
05-01-06, 11:28 PM
I know I like to beat up MLB Extra Innings, but tonight I'll give it praise.

Tonight, if you had DirecTV, you were allowed both feeds of tonights Yankees-Red Sox game. Both YES and NESN.

I chose to use the YES feed. But then during my NYY-BOS party, I allowed the BOS fans in their half of the inning the ability to watch NESN. It made for a great time.

I know this wont always be the case, but I would hope it would. But I would like to thank EI for making it happen for one night.

MunsonNY15
05-04-06, 07:21 PM
I know I like to beat up MLB Extra Innings, but tonight I'll give it praise.

Tonight, if you had DirecTV, you were allowed both feeds of tonights Yankees-Red Sox game. Both YES and NESN.

I chose to use the YES feed. But then during my NYY-BOS party, I allowed the BOS fans in their half of the inning the ability to watch NESN. It made for a great time.

I know this wont always be the case, but I would hope it would. But I would like to thank EI for making it happen for one night.

I noticed that too, and, of course, I also chose YES. I was wondering why that happened. Knickfan, you're saying this was just EI acting out of the goodness of its heart? I was hoping it was because YES also offered the broadcast in HD and even if you didn't get HD, you'd still see it on channel 622. Tuesday's game was rained out, so we weren't able to see what happened on that night. I did receive the alternate rain out programming on YES, but that could have just been because the scheduled programming was changed and not because I was going to get the actual game on YES.

Thanks also for making up the schedule, Knickfan!
Heidi