PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Now Available!

ctyank1
03-09-06, 10:20 PM
Got an e-mail from the Yanks saying more tickets have been rleased - for "premium" games. Sure enough - checked the White Sox July 15th and there arre some great seats in the upper deck - Seection 21, Row K for $19.00 - that's the good news. Bad news - what the heck are they doing to us. I sat at my computer at 10 AM on the day of the "pre-sale" and couldn't get any of these "premium games". What a chump I was! Oh they told me I could order early because I'm such a good customer - if this is how they treat a "good" customer - I hate to think how they treat other customers. But that's the Yankee administration for you. Some years ago many of us got shafted by ordering Yankee Magazine - that never came; they charge $25 bucks for a yearbook and they only give last year's and overall career stats - not year-by-year - and what can we say about how "friendly" the game staff is when you try to get near the field during BP. Bottom Line: LOVE the team; hate the administration.

iodon
03-10-06, 10:57 AM
It's true. I didn't get the email, despite being a partial season ticket holder. But when I saw this post, I went on and got four good seats to some Red Sox games. The only part that sucks is you have to pay the Ticketmaster Rape fee even if you order through your Yankees account. There are also tickets left to Old Timer's Day. Thanks for the heads up.

KevinBaseball
03-10-06, 12:01 PM
Got an e-mail from the Yanks saying more tickets have been rleased - for "premium" games. Sure enough - checked the White Sox July 15th and there arre some great seats in the upper deck - Seection 21, Row K for $19.00 - that's the good news. Bad news - what the heck are they doing to us. I sat at my computer at 10 AM on the day of the "pre-sale" and couldn't get any of these "premium games". What a chump I was! Oh they told me I could order early because I'm such a good customer - if this is how they treat a "good" customer - I hate to think how they treat other customers. But that's the Yankee administration for you. Some years ago many of us got shafted by ordering Yankee Magazine - that never came; they charge $25 bucks for a yearbook and they only give last year's and overall career stats - not year-by-year - and what can we say about how "friendly" the game staff is when you try to get near the field during BP. Bottom Line: LOVE the team; hate the administration.

Please label the thread with more detail, so I will have my violin ready while I read.

YankeeClemens22
03-10-06, 04:21 PM
Please label the thread with more detail, so I will have my violin ready while I read.

That was an unneeded comment. He certainly could have not told us anything. Many people were probably interested in tickets for those games.

ctyank1
03-10-06, 07:34 PM
Het Kevin Baseball - I assume that's Kevin Brown!!!???

'nuf said.

SI Baseballman
03-10-06, 08:08 PM
This happens a lot with teams. I've seen it happen with the Mets. What happens is they release more tickets once they have unsold season ticket plans lying around as Opening Day nears. They want the money but know no one will buy the plan if some of the games have already passed.

I know that in about 10 days I'd be able to get Mets Opening Day if I didn't have it already, and I'll probably be able to get Mets-Yanks sometime during the first week of May.

wexy
03-10-06, 08:11 PM
The Yankee Magazine issue has been discussed over the years. If you had a subsciption to Pakistan Cricket Magazine, you would get it before the Yankees Magazine and if I went to check the mail tommorrow and got "Opening Day 1988 " issue I wouldn't be surprised.

Tifoso
03-10-06, 08:20 PM
The Yankee Magazine issue has been discussed over the years. If you had a subsciption to Pakistan Cricket Magazine, you would get it before the Yankees Magazine and if I went to check the mail tommorrow and got "Opening Day 1988 " issue I wouldn't be surprised.

The $26 package is OK, though...4 Yanks Magazines, a T-shirt, a really nice team photo at the end of the year, a Yankees bag thingy, a Yankees card, discounted prices on a couple of Yanks tix, a calendar and some other goodies...

It's like they throw in the Magazine for free, really. I've re-up'd for this year. :)

seppy
03-15-06, 02:44 PM
Speaking of tickets...has anyone with a ticket plan received their tickets yet? I thought they were supposed to be mailed the first week in March.

ctyanksfan1
03-15-06, 03:15 PM
Speaking of tickets...has anyone with a ticket plan received their tickets yet? I thought they were supposed to be mailed the first week in March.

I was wondering the same thing.

yankeebot
03-15-06, 03:26 PM
That is just ticket office speak for "you will get your tickets before the home opener now go away".

BBombers85
03-15-06, 03:41 PM
I called them just so I can arrange someone to be there to pick them up. Here is how it went:

Me: I was wondering when the tickets would be shipped out so I can make proper arrangements.
Ticket Office: Anytime between now and the end of march.
Me: So it can be today for all I know?
Ticket Office: Yes.
Me: Can I track them?
Ticket Office: Once we send them out you will.
Me: So they will arive anytime between when you send them out and the end of March?
Ticket Office: Yes
Me: Any idea about when that will be:
Ticket Office: Anytime now

At this point I gave up due to their round about answers. Good luck to anybody else who tries.

Mr. Mxylsplk
03-15-06, 04:11 PM
FYI, I assume you all know this, but there are a number of games where upper deck seats are $5 each. For quite a few of these games, pretty decent seats are still available (or at least were last weekend when I went up to the stadium to buy mine). The list of games is on the yankees website. Note that if you decide you want to get some of these games, it appears that ticketmaster actually has better seats available than the box office. That almost doubles the price of the ticket, but for $10 it's still not bad.

seppy
03-15-06, 04:55 PM
That is just ticket office speak for "you will get your tickets before the home opener now go away".

I figured as much. I am not in that big of a rush, just wanted to make sure that they didn't get lost in the mail or anything :D

Nome
03-15-06, 06:24 PM

Neither would I.

Andy

Dog Named Fred
03-15-06, 06:44 PM

I called late last week and they told me tickets were going out around March 21.

tiyuri
03-16-06, 11:52 AM
March 21 sounds pretty optimistic. The 28thish is probably more likely. You can try to track your tickets online at:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nyy/ticketing/sth_tracking.jsp

In my experience they show up there before the Yankees e-mail you. They come from Arkansas so it does take two days once they are shipped for them to arrive in the Metropolitan Area.

GoYanks
03-16-06, 12:20 PM

How true!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ctyank1,

Thanks for the update on ticket availability. It's always worth checking because they hold back tickets for expected requests and they release them from time to time (and the day of the game) when they're not sold.

Yankee-1
03-16-06, 02:06 PM
I have a Plan B season tickets Tier Box MVP 626 row c 2 seats. Above the vistor dugout and a great view into the Yankee dugout

I can not go to all games. I sell them at face value plus mailing cost.

email me at ultsportcltr@utech.net if interested.

Yankee-1

SteveMahwah
03-17-06, 01:40 PM
I have 3 seats to the Yankees A plan in Tier Reserved section 13, Row J, aisle seats. This is an alcohol free section behind the Yankee dugout and the "Tier MVP" area. I have numerous games that I can't attend. I am selling them for what I paid, $17 each, $51 total for three. (Ticketmaster charges $76 for three with worse seats available). I can use the ticket forwarding service once it's available, Priority mail with tracking, or FedEx; at your choice and expense.

Please email me at stevesguard-nyyfans@yahoo.com.for dates available.

Opening Day, Boston and Mets tix are gone already, sorry! :(

Nome
03-17-06, 06:46 PM
I simply don't care anymore.I have been going to Yankee games since 1947 and I WILL NOT PAY the prices they want..

I will not sit in the upper deck where the TV coverage is so much better than the game. I have, in the past seen the Yankees in Anaheim and Baltimore and many, many times in Spring Training. We were there again this year for five games with great seats. Last year we were in the bleachers and had good seats. We intend to go to the Forum party this year and again intend to sit in the bleachers for $10/ticket.

I'd much rather see a minor league game such as my Somerset Patriots for $10-12/ seat close to the playing field than see a bunch of arrogant, non signing, overpaid, players that are in Yankee Stadium where the tickets are more expensive than a good dinner at a fantastic restaurant in my area.

George, you are killing the game that I used to love, but no longer.

Andy :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Dog Named Fred
03-21-06, 10:16 PM
March 21 sounds pretty optimistic. The 28thish is probably more likely.

You were right. I called the Yankees yesterday - good thing to since they apparently missed my last call and my last fax informing them of my new address. Anyhow, they said they will start sending season tickets out at the beginning of next week.

destelle
03-22-06, 10:17 AM
You were right. I called the Yankees yesterday - good thing to since they apparently missed my last call and my last fax informing them of my new address. Anyhow, they said they will start sending season tickets out at the beginning of next week.

thanks for the info ... i always seem to be going on vacation right when the tickets are being shipped ... im heading out to az for the exhibition games vs dbacks and then california for the west coast trip ...
i just hope they come by wed b/c i am outta here on thursday.
-dawn

stephsamps
03-22-06, 12:36 PM
Insane. My friend, who is a sox season ticket holder has already received his and divided them up with his friends. I am sure i will be anxiously awaiting the ups man two days before opening day yet again this year.