PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Broadcasters

Quangormo
01-04-06, 02:26 PM
Last year, there was a story about Singleton possibly leaving to do Nationals' broadcasts due to a tough contract negotiation with YES.

http://www.nyyfans.com/article/8309/

Ken Singleton is currently in negotiations with YES, and from what we have heard, they are not going great. One of my sources told me last week that the YES brass wants Singleton to take a 20 percent pay cut, minimum. Singleton would love to stay, but not at that price, and he also has a trump card. There is a very good chance Singleton could land the play by play job for the relocated Expos (Washington Nationals) if he wants it. Working in Washington would be an ideal situation for Singleton, who lives in Sparks, Md. If negotiations get nasty, expect Singleton to bolt.

Now, we know that he ultimately didn't bolt to go to the Nationals.

The same article pointed out that there was at that time only one year left on Kaat's contract.

Now there are two openings on Washington's broadcast team, one on TV and one on radio.

How long is Singleton's contract with YES and did Kitty ever get a renewal? Will they both be back?

Quangormo
01-05-06, 12:51 AM
Nobody has any information?

ZYanksRule
01-05-06, 02:23 AM
I haven't heard anything about this, if there would have been info, Raissmann or Mushnick would have had it, and I haven't read anything about it, and I read the NYDL online every day.