PDA

View Full Version : So who's heard from Jerome recently?

Jersey Yankee
01-03-06, 06:12 AM
The one who lives in Manhattan. Anyone heard from him recently? I haven't heard squat on here, w/Damon being signed, the half dozen (are they up to a dozen yet) GMs in Beantown, Toronto moving to go into 2nd place, and Loria trading away everyone who makes more than the league minimum.

Now then, where is he? Any news on him?

Thx. :)

Epy7280
01-03-06, 08:22 AM
the last thing i heard awhile back was that he moved to Florida.

Irabu's Son
01-03-06, 10:33 AM
Wasn't he real sick or something?

hardrain
01-03-06, 10:43 AM
Jerome had a myriad of ailments, including epilepsy. He's been in and out of the hospital, along with his mother, with whom he lives. His mother has advanced emphysemia (sp).

He became so depressed about life that he was then hospitalized for that. I believe he has moved to FLA with his mother but I am not sure about that.

thecaptain
01-03-06, 11:10 AM
he is under doctor's orders to refrain from calling because his abjectly unsubdued demeanor while on-air may further complicate his health.

Paul O'Neill Forever
01-03-06, 11:16 AM
whatever happened to

vinny from queens?

hardrain
01-03-06, 11:30 AM
whatever happened to

vinny from queens?

ohhhhhhhhhhh...

He died in a car accident :(

rob in boston
01-03-06, 12:14 PM
whatever happened to

vinny from queens?

I believe he was murdered. He was a cabbie who got killed.

Epy7280
01-03-06, 12:42 PM
still remember dorus? or i think her name was spelled that way... i forget.

surge511
01-03-06, 01:08 PM

She died about two years ago I think. She may have had a disease, but it was mostly of old age, I believe.

I'd be interested to hear from Jerome again, lol. What a character.

Mean Linguine
01-03-06, 01:09 PM

From Rego Park. She died as well. These were great NY fan characters. I loved waiting for the Jerome eruption.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
01-03-06, 01:22 PM
I loved waiting for the Jerome eruption.

Oh man you ain't the only one! Especially the Knicks calls, he called more about the Yanks so it seemed like he turned it up a notch when talking Knicks. " I WANT WEBBAH! " :lol:

thecaptain
01-03-06, 01:28 PM
Doris Bauer [c.1945-2003], more affectionately known as "Doris from Rego Park," was a die-hard fan of the New York Metropolitans, and was beloved by WFAN listeners. Her knowledge of the Mets and baseball as a whole approached that of of Bill the Baker, and she called the station almost daily since its first night on-air. Doris suffered from neurofibromatosis, and at least three different cancers; nevertheless, she kept the Mets and WFAN close to her heart until her premature passing at age 58.

Bern Baby Be
01-03-06, 01:48 PM
Jerome moved to Florida? He's probably giving some radio talk show host hell down there. He talked too much about his personal health problems. I remember one time he mentioned being constipated. Can you imagine?!

Jaeho
01-03-06, 02:45 PM
Doesn't Jerome call into 1050 now? I swear someone said they heard him call into Jody MacDonald's show.

NYDCYankee
01-03-06, 04:33 PM
I think Steve Somers said that Jerome called him recently. And I know Somers tries to keep in touch with him.

My favorite Jerome moment, and I am not sure if anyone remembers this because you were all probably watching the Yankee game. But he called in Richard Neer or someone like that late at night during an extra inning game vs. the A's in Oakland. Anyway Jerome is carrying on his conversation complaining about the bullpen or something when all of a sudden Miguel Tejada hits a walk off home run, and you know something bad happened because Jerome yelled out "Oh S---!!!" on the radio.

Classic Jerome.

YankeePride1967
01-03-06, 04:55 PM
I heard Jerome call in last month to Mike and the Dog.

Boogiedown Bomber
01-03-06, 05:04 PM
My favorite Jerome moment, and I am not sure if anyone remembers this because you were all probably watching the Yankee game. But he called in Richard Neer or someone like that late at night during an extra inning game vs. the A's in Oakland. Anyway Jerome is carrying on his conversation complaining about the bullpen or something when all of a sudden Miguel Tejada hits a walk off home run, and you know something bad happened because Jerome yelled out "Oh S---!!!" on the radio.

Classic Jerome.

:lol:

I remember an old co-worker telling me about that call. Classic Jerome it was!

HelloNewman
01-03-06, 05:14 PM
I heard Jerome call in last month to Mike and the Dog.I thought they banned him. :confused:

HelloNewman
01-06-06, 03:30 PM
I thought they banned him. :confused:I guess not, he made it on M&MD today for about 20 seconds. Picked the Seahawks to win the NFC, the Steelers ( :lol: ) to win the AFC, said something I couldn't quite make out about the Jets being a mess, and then they hung up on him.

Panamaniac42
01-06-06, 07:11 PM
I remember the day Pettitte went to the Astros, when Kay was on 1050 in the mornings, Kay banned Jerome because he said something filthy they had to dump out of lol.

Panamaniac42
01-06-06, 07:12 PM
I guess not, he made it on M&MD today for about 20 seconds. Picked the Seahawks to win the NFC, the Steelers ( :lol: ) to win the AFC, said something I couldn't quite make out about the Jets being a mess, and then they hung up on him.

well the best part is he said Seattle was gonna win this week (even though they have a bye lol)

jimmyclark
01-06-06, 07:44 PM
What about the former NFL player who always called "Eli from Westchester"? He had his own show one afternoon on WFAN but I have heard they banned him. Is this true?

HelloNewman
01-06-06, 08:02 PM
What about the former NFL player who always called "Eli from Westchester"? He had his own show one afternoon on WFAN but I have heard they banned him. Is this true?If you're talking about the guy who was always playing the race card, yeah, I believe he was banned but I don't know the details.

YankeePride1967
01-06-06, 08:02 PM
Rondell White is a piece of garbage! We have to get him ouuuuttttaaaaa heeeaaahhh damn it!!!!! (Doing my Jerome rant).

JeterRodriguezSheff
01-06-06, 08:09 PM
Was this a guy who used to post here, or just somebody who called radio stations all the time?

HelloNewman
01-06-06, 09:30 PM
Was this a guy who used to post here, or just somebody who called radio stations all the time?Frequent radio caller. There's also a poster who has appeared at different Yankee Web sites (including this one), but it's not the same guy. The one we're talking about is the radio guy.

HelloNewman
01-24-06, 03:44 PM
I guess not, he made it on M&MD today for about 20 seconds. Picked the Seahawks to win the NFC, the Steelers ( :lol: ) to win the AFC, said something I couldn't quite make out about the Jets being a mess, and then they hung up on him.OK, I'm an idiot. Jerome is a genius! I wonder who he likes in the Super Bowl?

yankeesfaninaz
01-28-06, 08:25 AM
ive heard Jerome from Manhattan. That guy cracked me up. It stinks that we do not hear too much of him any more.