PDA

View Full Version : Its back! YES' Ultimate Road Trip: Season 2

knickfan23
12-21-05, 05:55 PM
Just when you thought you couldnt get enough of Season 1, the YES Network is bringing back the Ultimate Road Trip for Season 2.

http://www.yesnetwork.com/roadtrip/06casting.asp

Tifoso
12-21-05, 05:56 PM
:barf:

ChrisV82
12-21-05, 05:59 PM
:lol:

yankeebot
12-21-05, 06:01 PM
:barf:I'll meet that :barf: and raise you two :barf: :barf:

Seth
12-21-05, 06:10 PM
Craptacular! :barf:

Evil Empire
12-21-05, 06:13 PM

Tifoso
12-21-05, 06:13 PM

You forgot :barf:

errr :barf:

gdn
12-21-05, 06:31 PM
Stacey, this is your chance!

NYYBombshell
12-21-05, 06:31 PM
Just when you thought you couldnt get enough of Season 1, the YES Network is bringing back the Ultimate Road Trip for Season 2.

http://www.yesnetwork.com/roadtrip/06casting.asp

Oh Stacey's gonna be THRILLED!

CoyoteYankee
12-21-05, 07:05 PM
Oh Stacey's gonna be THRILLED!

I bet she's already submitted her application!

I would totally do it but I don't think my employer would agree to a 7 month leave of absence and I really need my job to pay for the house I just bought!

Tifoso
12-21-05, 07:18 PM
I bet she's already submitted her application!

I would totally do it but I don't think my employer would agree to a 7 month leave of absence and I really need my job to pay for the house I just bought!

Congratulations!

Jglaubman
12-21-05, 07:22 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is the most I've ever laughed at reading only 11 posts.

ChrisV82
12-21-05, 07:31 PM
Maybe we can send Kim Jones on the Road Trip.

LeapsNbounds
12-22-05, 01:53 PM
Hey, it only sucks for those of us who aren't involved and who watch the games on TV realize how lucky these people are.

I would certainly condsider doing it!!

Sheff_Rod
12-22-05, 02:08 PM
I'm going for it, if they won't let me take time off I'll just quit.

StaceyRosie
12-22-05, 02:12 PM
Stacey, this is your chance!

I still don't work for YES so I couldn't get on this year either

I'm not trying for that stupid ass show again. They missed out on having me last year.

Jackasses.

Or maybe I will try out again and then tell them all to ................ off.

YankeeClemens22
12-22-05, 02:17 PM

I'm not trying for that stupid ass show again. They missed out on having me last year.

Jackasses.

I think you should try out again. We won't have a running joke about it for another year if you don't give it a shot.

StaceyRosie
12-22-05, 02:18 PM

I think you should try out again. We won't have a running joke about it for another year if you don't give it a shot.

That's true...hmmmm.

"Here's why I'm a Ultimate Yankee Fan..." And I'll show them my tattoo ;)

Panamaniac42
12-22-05, 03:10 PM
I would cast Kay, Sterling, and Kim Jones...and then cast the Jimi Hendrix impersonator who always plays outside the stadium after games - under the condition that he has to 'entertain' the rest of the cast for hours at a time with his rendition of "Foxey Lady".

StaceyRosie
12-22-05, 03:10 PM
I love that guy.

Or they can cast the original "Why Lie I need a beer" guy

Panamaniac42
12-22-05, 03:11 PM
That's true...hmmmm.

"Here's why I'm a Ultimate Yankee Fan..." And I'll show them my tattoo ;)

lol...

"Here's why I'm the Ultimate Yankee Fan...um...well...I WORK FOR YES! WOOOO!"

-Christa Robinson

Panamaniac42
12-22-05, 03:12 PM
I love that guy.

Or they can cast the original "Why Lie I need a beer" guy

One time I gave him a 750ml bottle of Black Haus. I think it blew his mind. It still makes me feel good to this day :)

SI Baseballman
12-22-05, 03:26 PM

Jackasses.

Nah, try out, get it, go on the road trip to California, go to the home opener and then walk out after that. It totally screws them over 7 games in.

StaceyRosie
12-22-05, 03:34 PM
Nah, try out, get it, go on the road trip to California, go to the home opener and then walk out after that. It totally screws them over 7 games in.

If I didn't get on last year they wouldn't pick me this year. But that would be really funny.

__starr69
12-26-05, 02:09 AM
I see there have been some changes:

Application requirements:
1) You must be a diehard Yankees fan.
2) You must be 18 or older.
3) You will not be able to work during this production March 20 - October 3 (you will be given a stipend).
4) You must be able to live in a "Real World" style apartment for the duration of the season.
5) You must be available to the production team 24/7.

#4 - :lol: I can only imagine.
#2 - you had to be 21 last year.

On the .pdf application:

Have you previously:
Applied for work at YES Network_____
Worked at YES Network_____
If Yes, please give dates:_____________________________

:roflmao:

Thankfully, I can't apply on impulse, as I do not have a driver's licence.

StatenIslandYankee
12-26-05, 02:35 AM
Oh I am so doing this.

YankeePride1967
12-26-05, 11:10 AM
wish I could afford to take 7 months off from work.

yeahimweird
12-26-05, 11:17 AM
The whole going to school thing kind of gets in the way.

Oh well. :o

YankeePride1967
12-26-05, 11:33 AM
The whole going to school thing kind of gets in the way.

Oh well. :o

Yes, I have no desire at all of living in a "Real World" dorm type setting. I think by the end of April I'd be ready to kill.

yankeebot
12-26-05, 12:24 PM
Did they do that last year? (the Real World living thing)

ring403
12-26-05, 12:38 PM
It would be more interesting if they let the audience vote on the finalists and kick cast members off the show during the season if they didn't like them, to be replaced by alternates.
There would be a whole lot less bonding, and alot more drama. Ratings would be through the roof.

StaceyRosie
12-26-05, 01:50 PM
So does this mean they are still allowing people who work for YES on the show? There's a law that's supposed to prevent that from happening.

Dumbasses.

Dr. Gonzo
12-26-05, 05:02 PM
who the hell can just take off their job for a summer

Tifoso
12-26-05, 05:03 PM
who the hell can just take off their job for a summer

Exactly.

YankeePride1967
12-26-05, 05:56 PM
Okay, I have been thinking of a NYYFAns ultimate road trip foursome and here are my choices

1. Stacey Rosie. The show wouldn't even get off the ground without her involvement
2. Tifoso
3. NDBoston.
4. Archer

silverdsl
12-26-05, 08:27 PM
It's cool that those on the show get to see all the games but I didn't think this show was too great last season and that they appear to be going for a Real World style show isn't a good sign for the show getting any better imo.

If they must do a reality-type show I'd like to see one that actually focuses on the team - maybe each episode could focus on a different person who is involved in the organization to show what they do from players to front office folks to the bat boys. But I'd probably be the only one interested in a show like that. :lol:

-Deborah

Tifoso
12-26-05, 08:40 PM
It's cool that those on the show get to see all the games but I didn't think this show was too great last season and that they appear to be going for a Real World style show isn't a good sign for the show getting any better imo.

If they must do a reality-type show I'd like to see one that actually focuses on the team - maybe each episode could focus on a different person who is involved in the organization to show what they do from players to front office folks to the bat boys. But I'd probably be the only one interested in a show like that. :lol:

-Deborah

I think that is an awesome idea. :)

YankeePride1967
12-26-05, 08:44 PM
I think that is an awesome idea. :)

Lou, why don't you try out for the show?

ryanthe13th
12-26-05, 08:46 PM
If I got accepted onto this show, I'd drop everything to go. The only thing I am worried about is that I live in Florida, so do I have to be from NY to participate?

YankeePride1967
12-26-05, 08:49 PM
If I got accepted onto this show, I'd drop everything to go. The only thing I am worried about is that I live in Florida, so do I have to be from NY to participate?

It wouldn't matter where you are from as from 3/30 until 10/3, you will be living where YES says you will. In the Real World type setting.

StaceyRosie
12-27-05, 12:34 PM
I was thinking about this new concept for the show with the "apartment" and I see it becoming really ugly. They also need more than 1 girl on the show. There are a lot of Yankee fans who are female and who actually know their stuff. So YES Network, pick one of them for f's sake.

I'll probably end up watching Season 2. The whole situation with Season 1 left such a bad taste in my mouth that I avoid going near the YES network when that crap is on.

dabomb2045
12-27-05, 12:40 PM
I could never do anything like this...I cant be around the same people 24/7 for 6 months, and have cameras follow me everywhere I go.

I need some alone time to do stuff by myself...and just being around the same people that much for that long a period of time?? I'd end up hating them

StaceyRosie
12-27-05, 12:41 PM
I could never do anything like this...I cant be around the same people 24/7 for 6 months, and have cameras follow me everywhere I go.

I need some alone time to do stuff by myself...and just being around the same people that much for that long a period of time?? I'd end up hating them

You know they're going to pick people who are complete morons just to make the show "interesting". It may be fun to watch the trainwreck this year.

dabomb2045
12-27-05, 12:51 PM
You know they're going to pick people who are complete morons just to make the show "interesting". It may be fun to watch the trainwreck this year.

Hopefully the girl they pick to be on it this year wont be as stupid as Christa was

I couldnt stand her....such an idiot

StaceyRosie
12-27-05, 12:53 PM
Hopefully the girl they pick to be on it this year wont be as stupid as Christa was

I couldnt stand her....such an idiot

Heh. Like I said I couldn't bring myself to watch any of it because I know I would have thrown something at the TV. But my brother would tell me how stupid she was.

HelloNewman
12-27-05, 08:29 PM
Okay, I have been thinking of a NYYFAns ultimate road trip foursome and here are my choices

1. Stacey Rosie. The show wouldn't even get off the ground without her involvement
2. Tifoso
3. NDBoston.
4. ArcherI would sub in Sierra Mist for Archer.

knickfan23
12-27-05, 09:52 PM

2. Tifoso
3. NDBoston.
4. Archer

Where's the sex appeal? :D

YankeePride1967
12-27-05, 09:57 PM

did you bypass my first choice?

StaceyRosie
12-28-05, 12:18 PM
I would definitely kill someone by the end of the first road trip

knickfan23
12-28-05, 12:29 PM
I would definitely kill someone by the end of the first road trip

That means the first week.

The first six games are in Oakland and Anaheim.

StaceyRosie
12-28-05, 12:30 PM
That means the first week.

The first six games are in Oakland and Anaheim.

Yes I know that. I know the schedule.

Archer1979
12-28-05, 12:32 PM

I'll shave my legs.

YankeePride1967
12-28-05, 12:32 PM
I'll shave my legs.

Yes has just announced the season will be cancelled upon hearing this news! ;)

StaceyRosie
12-28-05, 12:40 PM
My brother wants to try out.

Archer1979
12-28-05, 01:12 PM
Yes has just announced the season will be cancelled upon hearing this news! ;)

What happens if I get a Brazillian?

YankeePride1967
12-28-05, 01:31 PM
What happens if I get a Brazillian?

I will sue you for punitive damages.

shutout
12-28-05, 06:13 PM
I had mlv.tv last season so I saw some commercials about this ultimate road trip but I have, of course, never seen it. I don't think it's possible to watch the YES network online like mlb.tv. What's it about specifically?

mr. baskums
12-29-05, 06:35 PM
Wow, a chance to see all of the Yankee games, what an experience that would be. I don't know how well I'd fare living with 3 other people for 7 months though, that could be hell on earth.

I wonder what the stipend is?

Stupid Flanders
12-29-05, 07:22 PM
i wish i had a video camera

StaceyRosie
01-01-06, 07:46 PM
Everytime I see the commercial asking, "Do you think you're the Ultimate Yankee Fan?" I laugh knowing that they could probably cast another person from their own network. Jerks.

Beccash18
02-01-06, 11:12 PM
Ok so who here actually sent in an application. They're due tomorrow.

parkinglot10
05-03-06, 07:04 PM
so there has been a few episodes of the new season, and not one mention of it around here. have y'all stopped watching?

what do you think of season 2? better or worse than season 1?

Mean Linguine
05-03-06, 09:46 PM
Haven't found it to be all that interesting. It was good as a novelty last year. But now that one group already made it to 162 games, what's the big deal about seeing another one do it? And the characters seemed more interesting last year. The guy with ADD was kind of annoying, but the guy from the bleachers seemed to know his stuff, the guy who whistled was fun and the girl seemed pleasant.
This year, they have the girl with ADD, the Southern Guy and two others. That's nice, but you don't really feel like investing 30 minutes in it.

DkNNy79
05-04-06, 12:45 PM
I actually like the 4 people they picked this year. The people last year were kinda boring. The guys seem pretty cool. Maria is cute - as in like a teddybear. The other girl is okay, although she is really high maintenance.

Their apartment is so cool and it looks like they're getting to do a lot of cool things. I wish I could be on the show, but like another poster said, I can't afford to take off the whole summer.

thecaptain
01-19-07, 07:22 PM
season 3 is being cast :D Application requirements:

1) You must be a diehard Yankees fan.
2) You must be 18 or older.
3) You will not be able to work during this production March 12 - October 1
(Travel expenses are paid and a weekly stipend is provided during the course of the season)
4) You must be able to live in a "Real World" style apartment for the duration of the season.
5) You must be available to the production team 24/7.
6) You must be comfortable with EVERY aspect of your life being aired on television http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070108&content_id=1417359&vkey=1

webassign
01-19-07, 07:41 PM
hmm, 2 teams of 3 now? this should be interesting

GoYanks
01-20-07, 09:27 PM

Ditto, :barf: ... you said it.

YankeePride1967
01-20-07, 09:45 PM
I have one team in mind here:

1. CMaff, Ryan and NDBoston

Clete Boyer
01-21-07, 03:56 PM
Assuming that we make it to the Post-Season, do these folks get free tickets to all the games?

SI Baseballman
01-21-07, 05:57 PM
Assuming that we make it to the Post-Season, do these folks get free tickets to all the games?

Nope, if I remember correctly, the people from Season 2 were given the shaft and had to get playoff tickets "donated" to them.