PDA

View Full Version : The Howard Stern Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

yankeesAZ
12-02-05, 11:44 PM
Post all things Howard here even if you hate him, but this is intended for the fans of him here that are looking foward to his move to Sirius and all the hoopla leading up to January 9th.

He will be on quite a media blitz the next couple weeks. It kind of started with Letterman, but picks up this Sunday with him on 60 Minutes.

Previews of 60 minutes here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/01/60minutes/main1090737.shtml

Here's his appearance schedule from his site:

http://www.howardstern.com/

HOWARD'S APPEARANCE SCHEDULE

Television
#60 Minutes - Sunday, December 4
#The Today Show - Tuesday, December 6 AND Wednesday, December 7
# Saturday Night Live - TBA (Probably Dec 10-based on what he's been saying on his show)
# The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - TBA
# The O'Reilly Factor - TBA
# Larry King Live - TBA

Print
# Newsweek - TBA(soon though)
# Esquire - TBA (soon though)

Sierra Mist
12-02-05, 11:47 PM
funny how Jackie the Joke Man's career took a tumble after he left the show.

#1PaFan
12-02-05, 11:50 PM
Happy Birthday Howard!!!!!! :gulp:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

yankeesAZ
12-02-05, 11:53 PM
funny how Jackie the Joke Man's career took a tumble after he left the show.

Haven't heard much from him since. He was offered more money than what Artie currently gets. It was funny hearing the old tracks (couple weeks ago) of Jackie cackling after Robin reads a tragic newstory.

#1PaFan
12-02-05, 11:56 PM
Haven't heard much from him since. He was offered more money than what Artie currently gets. It was funny hearing the old tracks (couple weeks ago) of Jackie cackling after Robin reads a tragic newstory.

I really, really miss Howard in the morning. I'm gonna get Sirius.

Sierra Mist
12-02-05, 11:58 PM

yeah I heard Stern said he had no idea what they offered Jackie, and was even more shocked when he turned it down. I think they said it was like 4 to 5 million a year for 4 years.

yankeesAZ
12-03-05, 12:01 AM
yeah I heard Stern said he had no idea what they offered Jackie, and was even more shocked when he turned it down. I think they said it was like 4 to 5 million a year for 4 years.

I think it was closer to $1M per/yr. That is great money for a radio gig, especially when you're not even the #1 guy. Artie said he gets about $750K, but it bumps up another 1/2M with appearances and stand up.

yankeesAZ
12-03-05, 12:02 AM

I just got it and like it so far. The Howard 100 News is entertainment by itself.

Yankeeah
12-03-05, 12:14 AM
Can't wait to get Sirius for my birthday!!

Also, check www.marksfriggin.com
It's a daily rundown of howards show, great site.

AMYanks
12-03-05, 12:19 AM
Can't wait to get Sirius for my birthday!!

Also, check www.marksfriggin.com (http://www.marksfriggin.com/)
It's a daily rundown of howards show, great site.

Yeah, that's a great site. He does an awesome job recapping all the stuff of the day. It's not word for word, or anything, but it's the most in-depth recap you'll find (it's better than HowardStern.com's review.)

DontHateOnNumber2
12-03-05, 12:45 AM
Howard Stern is a weenie. He talks and says the same crap, he's decent when discussing global issues and gives his insight into things and when he actually gives interviews, then he's like "Whoa, dose are some nice boobs." and it's retarded. O-Rock 105.9 will be better off without him.

#1PaFan
12-03-05, 12:50 AM
Howard Stern is a weenie. He talks and says the same crap, he's decent when discussing global issues and gives his insight into things and when he actually gives interviews, then he's like "Whoa, dose are some nice boobs." and it's retarded. O-Rock 105.9 will be better off without him.

Well, some of us here want to hear 'bout those nice Boobs! :gulp: We happily married guys, anyway! :gulp:

YankeePride1967
12-03-05, 12:57 AM
I happen to be an Opie and Anthony fan. However, satellite is the place for both shows. With the FCC as it is, neither show can be as good as it could be on AM/FM. I already have XM so I won't be adding Sirius, but I anticipate the old good Stern to return Jan. 9.

NelsonMuntz
12-04-05, 05:29 PM
Well, some of us here want to hear 'bout those nice Boobs! :gulp: We happily married guys, anyway! :gulp:
You got that right :gulp:

yankeesAZ
12-04-05, 05:46 PM
You got that right :gulp:

What? There's boobs on Stern? No way!

RhodeyYankee2638
12-04-05, 05:48 PM
I feel bad for John Melendez. He goes from being Stern's bitch to being Leno's bitch. At least Stern is funny at times

ruthianblast
12-04-05, 06:03 PM
Stern still has his moments, but his constant whining got so freaking old after a while. The last show I listened to (about 4-5 months ago) was on my way to work and for the entire 1/2 hour it takes me to get coffee and park all I heard was how working in the current FCC climate sucked, and he was restrained and specifically targeted by teh FCC and such. It may be very well true but get on with show you asshat! I'll admit that I am an O&A fan, however Howard did basically invent (or at least further the genre further than anyone else) the "shock" radio genre; but his constant whining over the stealing of his ideas and the FCC; both valid complaints I agree but every day...come on.

YankeePride1967
12-04-05, 06:31 PM
Stern still has his moments, but his constant whining got so freaking old after a while. The last show I listened to (about 4-5 months ago) was on my way to work and for the entire 1/2 hour it takes me to get coffee and park all I heard was how working in the current FCC climate sucked, and he was restrained and specifically targeted by teh FCC and such. It may be very well true but get on with show you asshat! I'll admit that I am an O&A fan, however Howard did basically invent (or at least further the genre further than anyone else) the "shock" radio genre; but his constant whining over the stealing of his ideas and the FCC; both valid complaints I agree but every day...come on.

could I interest you in some egg nog? ;)

I agree that it is tiring, but if his show doesn't pick up on Jan. 9 when he's on Sirius, I'd be surprised. I'm no big fan of Stern either, but shows like his and O&A (which I listen to as well) belong on Satellite.

ruthianblast
12-04-05, 06:38 PM
could I interest you in some egg nog? ;)

I've never puked listening to a radio shwo but I was really close when Pat and Eric started to lose it, I was at work and slamming water trying to keep it down :D

YankeePride1967
12-04-05, 06:49 PM
I've never puked listening to a radio shwo but I was really close when Pat and Eric started to lose it, I was at work and slamming water trying to keep it down :D

I ended up taping the show as I can't get reception in my building but it was very hard listening at that point!

Boogiedown Bomber
12-04-05, 08:42 PM

I tried to TiVo it but I forgot. Wasn't it a close finish?

As for Stern, he was funny back in the 90s. Yeah, after his divorce, he was funny again, but that only lasted a while. Maybe he'll be vintage Stern once he goes on Sirius.

yankeesAZ
12-04-05, 10:54 PM
The 60 Minutes interview was cool. The look on Ed Bradley's face when he was promoting "Tissue Time with Heidi" was hilarious.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-05-05, 11:01 AM

I got it already. It's so much better being able to hear the music you want when you want without the all out advertising assault, forget about Howard. One of the coolest things about Howard being on Sirius is that you can hear his show througout the day so you can hear stuff you missed in the morning...that's awesome.

yankeesAZ
12-05-05, 12:46 PM
I got it already. It's so much better being able to hear the music you want when you want without the all out advertising assault, forget about Howard. One of the coolest things about Howard being on Sirius is that you can hear his show througout the day so you can hear stuff you missed in the morning...that's awesome.

So they deinitely will be replaying his show throughout the day? I haven't really gotten a definitive answer on that. I figure they have to play something on those 2 channels 24/7. The west coast listeners will now be able to hear the entire show live from start to finish starting at 3am or tune into the other channel at 6am and listen to the tape delay version we've had out here for years.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 01:38 PM
I hope he gets better on Sirius because right now his show is not entertaining. I stopped listening in the middle of '04 when all he talked about was Bush going after him (sounded very paranoid) for 3 months straight. I agree with him that the FCC is ruining radio and in essence promoting satelitte radio. I just hope that Sirius didn't sign a death sentance by giving him half a billion dollars. Acutally I don't care - I have and love XM.

RhodyYanksFan
12-05-05, 01:45 PM
I think that's the first time I've ever seen Beth. I was surprised - she's fugly, not that he's any better. She looks like plastic or something.

Be careful...an FHM editor got fired for talking about her.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-05-05, 01:53 PM
So they deinitely will be replaying his show throughout the day? I haven't really gotten a definitive answer on that. I figure they have to play something on those 2 channels 24/7. The west coast listeners will now be able to hear the entire show live from start to finish starting at 3am or tune into the other channel at 6am and listen to the tape delay version we've had out here for years.

I got that from the 60 minutes appearance last night. They didn't go into detail but I clearly remember hearing that the show would be available to listen to all day.

CyYoung4Vazquez
12-05-05, 02:27 PM
The Howard Stern On-Demand channel is really funny. If you're a hardcore fan, it's a definite must. Right now they have this clip of Artie escapades in Vegas when he was wasted...it's f'ing hilarious.

JDPNYY
12-05-05, 02:33 PM
The Howard Stern On-Demand channel is really funny. If you're a hardcore fan, it's a definite must. Right now they have this clip of Artie escapades in Vegas when he was wasted...it's f'ing hilarious.

How much does it cost to order something On Demand?

CoyoteYankee
12-05-05, 02:54 PM

I want to get that but you have to subscribe. How much is it per month?

yankeesAZ
12-05-05, 10:08 PM
I hope he gets better on Sirius because right now his show is not entertaining. I stopped listening in the middle of '04 when all he talked about was Bush going after him (sounded very paranoid) for 3 months straight. I agree with him that the FCC is ruining radio and in essence promoting satelitte radio. I just hope that Sirius didn't sign a death sentance by giving him half a billion dollars. Acutally I don't care - I have and love XM.

He used to be such a Bush supporter, to the point he annoyed me. What could have changed his mind to make him dislike Bush so much?

If he brings in 1 million subscribers at $12.95/mo, that's $13M per month, $156M per year.

An excerpt from the new Newsweek article hitting stands this week and can be read here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10312484/site/newsweek/page/2/

"Ironically, some fans believe that the shows in recent years have been among his best because Stern has to fight so hard. There is an undeniable passion and currency to his programs that's unlike anything else on the air. His diatribes against the thought police on both the right and the left come spilling out like soliloquies, and are often backed up with evidence—like the time he wanted to play a tape of Oprah talking about sexual acts, only to be told that not only could he not say the same words Oprah did, he couldn't even play her on tape saying them. "Talk about censorship," Stern says."

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 12:23 AM
An excerpt from the new Newsweek article hitting stands this week and can be read here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10312484/site/newsweek/page/2/

"Ironically, some fans believe that the shows in recent years have been among his best because Stern has to fight so hard. There is an undeniable passion and currency to his programs that's unlike anything else on the air. His diatribes against the thought police on both the right and the left come spilling out like soliloquies, and are often backed up with evidence—like the time he wanted to play a tape of Oprah talking about sexual acts, only to be told that not only could he not say the same words Oprah did, he couldn't even play her on tape saying them. "Talk about censorship," Stern says."

Are you kidding? He's been mailing it in for 2 years and blaming Bush and the FCC for it. It's a shame that the country is so conservative and concerned with stupid stuff like a radio show, but he uses this to say he can't do "his" show. Meanwhile he doesn't have to be as creative as he used to be because he can't do anything anyway. It's easier to do shows like this.

yankeesAZ
12-06-05, 12:40 AM
Are you kidding? He's been mailing it in for 2 years and blaming Bush and the FCC for it. It's a shame that the country is so conservative and concerned with stupid stuff like a radio show, but he uses this to say he can't do "his" show. Meanwhile he doesn't have to be as creative as he used to be because he can't do anything anyway. It's easier to do shows like this.

I'm not among those that think the last few years were his best (just passing the quote along). Come January 9th, he will not be able to blame Bush or the FCC, unless of course they decide to start regulating satellite radio too.

PeteRFNY
12-06-05, 12:43 AM
Howard's a goofball. He kept jumping on Bush, when the FCC chairman that kept staying up his ass like a maniacal proctologist was a Clinton appointee. Oh well, Stern never claimed to be the brightest bulb on the string, I guess.

I think the novelty is gonna wear off real fast. The whole concept of the "shock jock" was you had to tune in every day or you might miss something wild. When the guy does the same crap day in and out, there's no shock. I'm assuming based on everything I've read that this will only get worse on Sirius.

Bye Howie. So glad I got XM (blissfully O&A-fee free for my listening protection).

Petezs

yankeesAZ
12-06-05, 12:53 AM
Howard's a goofball. He kept jumping on Bush, when the FCC chairman that kept staying up his ass like a maniacal proctologist was a Clinton appointee. Oh well, Stern never claimed to be the brightest bulb on the string, I guess.

Bye Howie. So glad I got XM (blissfully O&A-fee free for my listening protection).

Petezs

Powell was appointed to FCC Chairman by Bush. Sikes, who he referred to on 60 minutes was appointed to Chairman by Bush's father.

Stern also mentioned plenty of times during the Clinton years he was not happy that Clinton didn't get the FCC off his back either.

Here's some words of wisdom from Bush's current appointee:

http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/blog.php?p=3331&cat=14

When it comes to monitoring so-called indecent content on cable and satellite TV, FCC Chairman Kevin Martin wants to go to a place where the government shouldn’t - monitoring what we voluntarily pay to see and hear.

Martin feels that parental blocking tools such as TV ratings, the V-chip and optional channel locks on equipment required to receive cable and satellite TV, simply aren’t enough.

He told Congress yesterday, “You can always turn the television off and of course block the channels you don’t want,” he said, “but why should you have to?” :-rofl-:

PeteRFNY
12-06-05, 01:15 AM
Powell was appointed to FCC Chairman by Bush. Sikes, who he referred to on 60 minutes was appointed to Chairman by Bush's father.

Stern also mentioned plenty of times during the Clinton years he was not happy that Clinton didn't get the FCC off his back either.

Small correction: Powell was appointed in 1997 by Bill Clinton (a good move IMHO), and promoted to chair by Bush when the then-current FCC chairman stepped down. Bush didn't appoint nothin'. Only moved the guy up into a position that needed to be filled:

Powell To Resign As Head Of FCC (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26085-2005Jan21.html)
By Frank Ahrens
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, January 22, 2005

Powell, a telecommunications lawyer, is a former Army officer who left the service after suffering a near-fatal injury in a 1987 training exercise. He was appointed to the FCC by President Bill Clinton in 1997. After George W. Bush was elected president in 2000, Powell was elevated to the chair the agency.

So the story had been bent somewhat by Stern because he needs something to rant about. Eh.

What strikes me as amusing is that Stern would be "unhappy" with Clinton for not getting the FCC "off his back". Stern spent YEARS thumbing his nose at the laws that already existed on the books way before he ever decided to bring lesbians into the studio. These laws weren't written FOR him - they always existed...and he did a pretty good job - for a while - of getting away with them.

Then, all of a sudden the FCC decides to enforce the laws that, again - already existed - and Stern throws a cross on his back the size of which would have crushed Jesus. After all, this is all a conspiracy against him, so Howard believes (or would like US to believe).

So, in essence, Stern was upset that a) Bill Clinton wouldn't help him break laws that existed on the books, and b) is upset because Bush wouldn't do the same - and had the audacity to appoint a man to the position of FCC chairman that decided to start paying attention to the laws.

Uh huh.

My question always is - what is it exactly that makes people think Stern is above the law over everyone else?

I have also had PLENTY of run-ins (directly and indirectly) with the FCC. I could stand there and curse them (I often do!) but I don't have such a exponentially swelling head that I would think I was right for breaking the law. You take your lumps. You move on. Just seems to me that Howard is pretty good at dishing it out, but very VERY bad at taking it.

Of course, there's always MY theory - that Stern NEEDS someone to fight with. When he was at WNBC, it was the management (they didn't want o break the law, so THEY were his enemy). When he went to K-Rock, that disappeared. Stern HAD to have a new foil. So - he raised the hackles of the FCC. And when they bit at the bait, he took it personally.

Guess you can't win 'em all!

Petezs

yankeesAZ
12-06-05, 01:51 AM
Small correction: Powell was appointed in 1997 by Bill Clinton (a good move IMHO), and promoted to chair by Bush when the then-current FCC chairman stepped down. Bush didn't appoint nothin'. Only moved the guy up into a position that needed to be filled:

Powell To Resign As Head Of FCC (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26085-2005Jan21.html)
By Frank Ahrens
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, January 22, 2005

Powell, a telecommunications lawyer, is a former Army officer who left the service after suffering a near-fatal injury in a 1987 training exercise. He was appointed to the FCC by President Bill Clinton in 1997. After George W. Bush was elected president in 2000, Powell was elevated to the chair the agency.

So the story had been bent somewhat by Stern because he needs something to rant about. Eh.

Clinton had to appoint Powell or some other Republican. You can't have more than 3 out of 5 people from the same party on the FCC.

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 10:06 AM
He told Congress yesterday, “You can always turn the television off and of course block the channels you don’t want,” he said, “but why should you have to?” :-rofl-:

:eek: :uhh: :giveup:

:-rtr-:
It's called the Constitution. It allows us to read/watch/say what we want without the gov't saying if its ok or not.

PeteRFNY
12-06-05, 12:58 PM
Yes, on the street corner, in the comedy club, you can say anything you want and filthily as you please. However, the airwaves are regulated, and some of it is for semi-good reasons. Trust me, I know all about how the airwaves are regulated!

My beefs with the FCC have always been about station ownership and frequency allocation rules. I've never had a problem with content rules. Without them, every talk show or morning show would be constant uses of the words fu*k, cu*t and sh*t...but it seems some folks would be OK with that (if that is one's definition of "funny"). I'm certainly not a puritan by any stretch of the imagination, but what passes on the radio these days as "entertainment" boggles my friggin' mind.

I don't think the founding fathers had the Ichabod Stern Morning Show down in the town square to deal with.

Hitman23
12-06-05, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure Howard Stern with total free speech will be very funny. He'll have no one to complain about and his material will be no different then anyone else who is funny but not on the radio.

Dooley Womack
12-06-05, 01:06 PM
Howard started to go downhill the minute the forced and repetitive Artie Lange came in. More Artie meant less Fred meant suckitude.

HouseThatRingsBuild
12-06-05, 01:13 PM
Ok, this officially is my favorite thread. I love it when he has Gilbert Gottfried on. He does a good jewish vampire impression.

HouseThatRingsBuild
12-06-05, 01:14 PM
Fire!!!!!

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 02:07 PM
Yes, on the street corner, in the comedy club, you can say anything you want and filthily as you please. However, the airwaves are regulated, and some of it is for semi-good reasons. Trust me, I know all about how the airwaves are regulated!

My beefs with the FCC have always been about station ownership and frequency allocation rules. I've never had a problem with content rules. Without them, every talk show or morning show would be constant uses of the words fu*k, cu*t and sh*t...but it seems some folks would be OK with that (if that is one's definition of "funny"). I'm certainly not a puritan by any stretch of the imagination, but what passes on the radio these days as "entertainment" boggles my friggin' mind.

I don't think the founding fathers had the Ichabod Stern Morning Show down in the town square to deal with.

I was just wondering who he is to say what should and should not be available to listen to? He says why should you have to block a channel you don't want. I'm saying, why should it not be available to those of us who want it when it as easy as not tuning in? Nobody forces people to do anything. In 2005 America, if you don't want to hear "shocking" radio/tv there are countless other stations that you can go to. It's all about variety.

YankeePride1967
12-06-05, 07:09 PM
Stern I"m sure will be great on Sirius, but he claims that he is going to play hard porn there. Hope he doesn't take credit for it because that has been part (note I said a part) of Opie and Anthony's show since October of 2004.

Jersey Yankee
12-06-05, 08:51 PM
Anyone watch him on Today show w/Katie Couric? He was on around 7:15, but I fell asleep.

BTW, how much is he making? $100m over 5 years?

CoyoteYankee
12-06-05, 09:18 PM
Anyone watch him on Today show w/Katie Couric? He was on around 7:15, but I fell asleep.

I heard part of it. I'm sure he didn't say anything that he hasn't said elsewhere. He has been on every show lately hawking that satellite.

RhodyYanksFan
12-06-05, 09:35 PM

They paid $500 million for 5 years. That's all of his staff, but obviously he gets the most. I guess he'll make $200 million for his Sirius run.

And people say A-Rod is overpaid. :barf:

yankeesAZ
12-06-05, 10:57 PM

That's fine. Then FCC needs to enforce this universally across the board, including Oprah, soaps, and anything else on TV and radio that may be offensive. All hell would break lose if Oprah or Soaps had to tone down their shows. If rules are rules, then let's lay down some crystal clear guidlines and enforce them, not just when the FCC feels like it.

DJSANGEL
12-07-05, 10:18 AM
I think that's the first time I've ever seen Beth. I was surprised - she's fugly, not that he's any better. She looks like plastic or something.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3629/BethOstros_Kambo_6075135_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Ostrosky,%20Beth&seq=13

I think she looks like a blonde Brooke Burns.......Kinda "barbielike"

RhodyYanksFan
12-07-05, 10:57 AM
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3629/BethOstros_Kambo_6075135_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Ostrosky,%20Beth&seq=13

I think she looks like a blonde Brooke Burns.......Kinda "barbielike"

I think she's a butterface.

tdel23
12-07-05, 11:57 AM

Figures Cablevision doesn't carry that channel yet....FU Dolan

Jersey Yankee
12-07-05, 07:49 PM
They paid $500 million for 5 years. That's all of his staff, but obviously he gets the most. I guess he'll make $200 million for his Sirius run.

And people say A-Rod is overpaid. :barf:
I actually heard $500m, but I figured I must've misheard this. Who makes $100m/yr?

Now if $100m/yr x 5 yrs = the entire production costs, then how does someone recoup that with $13/month subscribers? I'm talking just those that tune into his show, and w/o advertising.

$200m over 5 years? Jim Carrey couldn't make that much *cough-and at least he's funny-cough*. :P

yankeesAZ
12-07-05, 10:52 PM
Anyone see him on The O'Reilly Factor tonight? It was quite entertaining. The interview is about 35-40 minutes into the show. I recommend Tivo or a DVR ubless you like Bill's other ramblings.

rightfielder21
12-07-05, 11:14 PM
Question semi-related to Howard.... Is K-Rock going to be playing any music?

RhodyYanksFan
12-08-05, 12:00 AM
Question semi-related to Howard.... Is K-Rock going to be playing any music?

Haha...silly goose, of course not. They are going with...and i'm not joking...David Lee Roth. Yep, that's the guy that is going to replace Howard. I think that alone is going to cause more people to buy satellite radio then Howard moving.

YankeePride1967
12-08-05, 12:09 AM
I actually heard $500m, but I figured I must've misheard this. Who makes $100m/yr?

Now if $100m/yr x 5 yrs = the entire production costs, then how does someone recoup that with $13/month subscribers? I'm talking just those that tune into his show, and w/o advertising.

$200m over 5 years? Jim Carrey couldn't make that much *cough-and at least he's funny-cough*. :P

I don't know what Sirius plans to do, but there is not much advertizing on Satellite radio, it is subscriber driven. Even if Stern doesn't bring in the extra $100 million a year, doesn't mean it won't be profitable. He is talking of retiring after the 5 years. Odds are, a sizable number of his fans will get accustomed to satellite radio and stick with it. That makes it worth it.

NYDCYankee
12-08-05, 12:26 AM
Anyone see him on The O'Reilly Factor tonight? It was quite entertaining. The interview is about 35-40 minutes into the show. I recommend Tivo or a DVR ubless you like Bill's other ramblings.

I just watched it. They seem like friends.

yankeesAZ
12-08-05, 12:29 AM
I just watched it. They seem like friends.

They may be. Howard was very complimentary of the interview this morning.

NYDCYankee
12-08-05, 12:36 AM
They may be. Howard was very complimentary of the interview this morning.

Yeah I heard it. Too rich guys from Long Island, I could see them hanging out they would be an odd couple of sorts but I could see it.

CoyoteYankee
12-08-05, 05:20 PM
Holy crap! Did anyone hear them replaying the stuff from Blue Iris this morning? I almost had to pull over because I was laughing and nauseous!

yankeesnum1
12-08-05, 05:27 PM
Holy crap! Did anyone hear them replaying the stuff from Blue Iris this morning? I almost had to pull over because I was laughing and nauseous!
YES! OMG was that funny!

OxDiesel
12-08-05, 06:32 PM

"I'm rubbing my thigh..." :-rofl-: :-rofl-:
I actually sat in my car outside the gym this morning because I couldn't stop listening.
GREAT stuff...

PAUL
12-08-05, 07:41 PM
The Sirius stock is making a nice little run leading up to Sterns arrival in January.

yankeesAZ
12-08-05, 07:42 PM

Of course, I turn on my radio as Blue Iris was leaving. Sounds like I missed something good.

SubwayFanatic
12-09-05, 11:27 AM
Did anyone hear the replays of old Beetlejuice moments?

Howard: "Beetlejuice, spell red."

Beetlejuice:"Lster"

Howard: Hmm, that is close but I am not sure that's right.

:lol:

yankeesAZ
12-10-05, 12:37 PM
Anyone wanting to take an interactive tour (including some cute tourguides) of Howard's new home at Sirius can check it out here:

http://www.howardsternstudio.com./

PAUL
12-10-05, 02:53 PM
Did anyone hear the replays of old Beetlejuice moments?

Howard: "Beetlejuice, spell red."

Beetlejuice:"Lster"

Howard: Hmm, that is close but I am not sure that's right.

:lol:

When I first heard that interview I was laughing so hard tears came down my eyes.

yankeesAZ
12-13-05, 10:01 PM
For those of you that want to watch a live feed of Howard's last day festivities, you can see it here (wake up early on the west coast):

http://music.yahoo.com/promos/howardstern/

NelsonMuntz
12-14-05, 09:44 AM
For those of you that want to watch a live feed of Howard's last day festivities, you can see it here (wake up early on the west coast):

Nice. Thank you. I really wish I could be in New York for the walk down to the new studio.

RhodyYanksFan
12-14-05, 10:14 AM
I'm biting my tongue not to start a bash fest after what I heard today.

SuperMario66
12-14-05, 11:41 AM
Howard was on The Daily Show, and I should have been a better TDS fan and told you, but I didn't think about it until now. I'm sorry.

nhyankeefan
12-14-05, 11:56 AM
I'm biting my tongue not to start a bash fest after what I heard today.

What happened? I didn't hear much of the show today.

HouseThatRingsBuild
12-14-05, 12:16 PM

yankeesAZ
12-14-05, 12:38 PM

Jessica Hahn talked to Howard 100 News the other day and let off a very bitter tirade towards Howard.

Benji thought he should get some mike time on Friday and Howard told him to stop his whining and that the crowd would leave of he gets to speak.

That's all I heard so far today.

JDPNYY
12-14-05, 12:40 PM
Jessica Hahn talked to Howard 100 News the other day and let off a very bitter tirade towards Howard.

Benji thought he should get some mike time on Friday and Howard told him to stop his whining and that the crowd would leave of he gets to speak.

KC Armstrong stopped by prior to that. They replayed some of his best stuff & some songs about him... He also apologized to Tom. Howard also said he's been really under the weather the past couple of days.

Also that the farewell show would have to be cancelled (the outside part, anyway) if the Transit Strike hit.

CoyoteYankee
12-14-05, 12:40 PM

That is exactly what I heard today! We must go into work at the same time!

RhodyYanksFan
12-14-05, 12:52 PM

I just heard stuff that proved how much of a hypocrite he is and how it's all about the (rediculous) money now and not the quality of his show.

yankeesAZ
12-14-05, 01:13 PM
I just heard stuff that proved how much of a hypocrite he is and how it's all about the (rediculous) money now and not the quality of his show.

Oh please share that proof!

yankeesAZ
12-14-05, 01:15 PM
That is exactly what I heard today! We must go into work at the same time!

I usually catch the last couple hours of his show.

KC Armstrong stopped by prior to that. They replayed some of his best stuff & some songs about him... He also apologized to Tom. Howard also said he's been really under the weather the past couple of days.

Also that the farewell show would have to be cancelled (the outside part, anyway) if the Transit Strike hit.

I did hear the KC part too. They did mention on Howard 100 yesterday about the transit strike. That would suck to be torpedoed by the strike.

nhyankeefan
12-14-05, 01:18 PM

I'm glad they're not giving Benji any mike time. He can be funny but most of the time he's just annoying as hell.

NelsonMuntz
12-14-05, 02:45 PM
I'm glad they're not giving Benji any mike time. He can be funny but most of the time he's just annoying as hell.
I hate Benji. He's a total jackass.

YankeePride1967
12-14-05, 05:36 PM
One thing I was surprised to hear, and will explain how Sirius plans to make more of the money back on the deal. They plan to sell commercial time on his program.

RhodyYanksFan
12-14-05, 05:50 PM
One thing I was surprised to hear, and will explain how Sirius plans to make more of the money back on the deal. They plan to sell commercial time on his program.

Well he can't talk for 4 hours without taking a break to eat and go to the bathroom. Not every channel on satelitte is commercial-free. Just the music stations. Opie & Anthony take breaks, but unlike on regular radio, they aren't for 20 minutes at a time. They probably take 30 minutes off during the entire 4 hour show.

SubwayFanatic
12-14-05, 06:50 PM
I missed the show today. KC stopped by? Have they ever said the real reason why KC left? I have heard so many different reasons why, but nothing official.

nhyankeefan
12-14-05, 06:54 PM
I missed the show today. KC stopped by? Have they ever said the real reason why KC left? I have heard so many different reasons why, but nothing official.

He was on back in July and I only caught part of his appearance but they said he left due to substance abuse issues. I think he had been suspended a few times in the past because of these reasons and his troubles became so bad that he had to enter rehab.

yankeesAZ
12-14-05, 09:32 PM

I was expecting commercials even though I never heard anything about them.

YankeePride1967
12-14-05, 09:58 PM
Well he can't talk for 4 hours without taking a break to eat and go to the bathroom. Not every channel on satelitte is commercial-free. Just the music stations. Opie & Anthony take breaks, but unlike on regular radio, they aren't for 20 minutes at a time. They probably take 30 minutes off during the entire 4 hour show.

I'm not talking the 4-6 breaks O&A talk for example when most of the advertizing is to publicize other channels. Campbell's Soup is one sponsor. I don't know how many commercials there will be. I would say O&A are off 15-20 minutes per show. Today I listened from 7 until 8:20 and they didn't break once.

RhodyYanksFan
12-14-05, 10:00 PM
Oh please share that proof!

I read an article (http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/11/Artsandentertainment/Bubba__relaunched.shtml) about "Bubba the Love Sponge" talking about how:

"Howard and I are on the ground level of the next big thing in radio," added Clem, 39, who legally changed his first name from Todd to his on-air handle years ago. "When (satellite radio) does blow up - we'll be the pioneers. And Howard was the only person who has given us an opportunity."

Like them or not, Opie & Anthony have been on satellite for almost 15 months. Last I checked, they were the first "edgy" talk radio show to hit satellite.

Going further, I heard a clip of Howard talking about how much of a hack/ripoff/unoriginal Bubba the Love Sponge is, even saying at one point:

I don't want to be in an industry that has a Bubba the Love Sponge!"

Now they're best buddies?

YankeePride1967
12-14-05, 10:00 PM
I was expecting commercials even though I never heard anything about them.

I was expecting like most talk shows on XM do including O&A. O&A will take, on average 4-6 (more like 4) breaks in the 4 hour show. And most of the breaks the commercials are for other XM channels, they do have some ads for some outfits, but it sounds like Sirius is going with a regular commercials format like on terrestrial radio. The article was in Monday's NY Post.

yankeesAZ
12-14-05, 10:19 PM
I was expecting like most talk shows on XM do including O&A. O&A will take, on average 4-6 (more like 4) breaks in the 4 hour show. And most of the breaks the commercials are for other XM channels, they do have some ads for some outfits, but it sounds like Sirius is going with a regular commercials format like on terrestrial radio. The article was in Monday's NY Post.

It will be interesting to see how much money they get for those ad spots.

NelsonMuntz
12-15-05, 10:11 AM
Did anyone hear Jackie on the show this morning? I only caught part of the interview. I never knew that he and Nancy got divorced. Did he elaborate on that at all?

JDPNYY
12-15-05, 10:23 AM
Did anyone hear Jackie on the show this morning? I only caught part of the interview. I never knew that he and Nancy got divorced. Did he elaborate on that at all?

I think I heard most of the interview. They didn't talk about the details of why they separated when I was listening. They did mention it on the show a while back. My brother was in a play (in NY) with Nancy last year. My brother didn't put 2 & 2 together, he didn't realize she was Jackie's (ex)wife.

chisox
12-15-05, 10:50 AM
Things could get ugly tomorrow. Stern is planning a huge rally on W 56th between 8 and 10 AM and now the NYPD says if there is a transit strike it is cancelled. But you know the idiots will come anyways

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/59700.htm

RhodeyYankee2638
12-15-05, 11:36 AM
Stern is critisizing Angelina Joli, saying Brad Pitt is a bore and she will get tired of him

Stern predicting a celebrity break up, stop the presses

yankeesAZ
12-15-05, 12:39 PM
Stern is critisizing Angelina Joli, saying Brad Pitt is a bore and she will get tired of him

Stern predicting a celebrity break up, stop the presses

I liked Stern's other thought on Brad Pitt's "PR Move". Brad did one of the worst things you can do in Hollywood. He broke up with the "All American" nice girl Jennifer Aniston to get with the "Bimbo" and all while they were filming a movie. Most women should really be frowning on this. But now Brad Pitt holding up babies in Africa and now women can't dislike Pitt. Now its just a theory from Stern, but not a bad one.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-15-05, 12:51 PM
I liked Stern's other thought on Brad Pitt's "PR Move". Brad did one of the worst things you can do in Hollywood. He broke up with the "All American" nice girl Jennifer Aniston to get with the "Bimbo" and all while they were filming a movie. Most women should really be frowning on this. But now Brad Pitt holding up babies in Africa and now women can't dislike Pitt. Now its just a theory from Stern, but not a bad one.

I've got a theory on this. Brad Pitt wants to screw hot rich chicks, and he is succeeding.

yankeesAZ
12-15-05, 01:22 PM
I've got a theory on this. Brad Pitt wants to screw hot rich chicks, and he is succeeding.

He is indeed.

HouseThatRingsBuild
12-15-05, 01:32 PM
he was on BDSS last night. Crack whore view sounds funny.

RhodyYanksFan
12-15-05, 01:48 PM
he was on BDSS last night. Crack whore view sounds funny.

What's BDSS?

YankeePride1967
12-15-05, 05:40 PM
I am a huge O&A fan and don't think that highly of Stern, but I hope he does well. I am so sick of the smugness and the arrogance of the terrestrial radio "experts" in thinking satellite radio will never amount to anything. Sounds like what "free TV" was saying in the late 70's and early 80's. I hope Stern does well as O&A have on XM as I really want to see satellite radio grow and having two strong companies is great towards that effect.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-15-05, 05:41 PM
He is indeed.

If I wear Pitt, i'd move on to more shallow chicks, the ones where you don't have to adopt there kids to get some action

yankeesAZ
12-15-05, 06:43 PM
I am a huge O&A fan and don't think that highly of Stern, but I hope he does well. I am so sick of the smugness and the arrogance of the terrestrial radio "experts" in thinking satellite radio will never amount to anything. Sounds like what "free TV" was saying in the late 70's and early 80's. I hope Stern does well as O&A have on XM as I really want to see satellite radio grow and having two strong companies is great towards that effect.

You should hear the commercials terrestrial radio is planning on airing very soon that take a dig at satellite. They have been playing them on Howard 100. One them has a ball game playing (on satellite radio) and a big play is happening, then all of the suddent the game cuts off and a phone operater asks to "please deposit 25 cents" Of course that really doesn't happen but we get the point.

Someone replied to the story that people will not pay for satellite radio about as soon as they stop paying their cable bill.

So far in the first few weeks I have had satellite there are a lot of stations I like that have nothing to do with Stern.

YankeePride1967
12-15-05, 06:45 PM
You should hear the commercials terrestrial radio is planning on airing very soon that take a dig at satellite. They have been playing them on Howard 100. One them has a ball game playing (on satellite radio) and a big play is happening, then all of the suddent the game cuts off and a phone operater asks to "please deposit 25 cents" Of course that really doesn't happen but we get the point.

Someone replied to the story that people will not pay for satellite radio about as soon as they stop paying their cable bill.

Yes, O&A played that too. I think these terrestrial radio people are in for a big surprise. They sound just like the networks did in as cable TV was just coming on board. That cable bill reply was dead on.

JDPNYY
12-15-05, 06:51 PM
Yes, O&A played that too. I think these terrestrial radio people are in for a big surprise. They sound just like the networks did in as cable TV was just coming on board. That cable bill reply was dead on.

Sirius radio's are FLYING off the store shelves. I think people will be surprised when the tally is in about halfway through January. Stern is going to have a bigger than expected impact on the amount of Sirius subscriptions there are.

Wait til people hear a couple of hours of Diamond Dave on Free FM. More will be lining up for Sirius.

YankeePride1967
12-15-05, 06:54 PM
Sirius radio's are FLYING off the store shelves. I think people will be surprised when the tally is in about halfway through January. Stern is going to have a bigger than expected impact on the amount of Sirius subscriptions there are.

Wait til people hear a couple of hours of Diamond Dave on Free FM. More will be lining up for Sirius.

I can believe it. While I don't think satellite radio will be as big as cable TV, I think terrestrial radio will operate to their detriment if they don't fix as much as they can why they are losing listeners instead of smuggly dismissing satellite radio. My radio listening now is XM and any CDs I bring with me.

JDPNYY
12-15-05, 07:01 PM
I can believe it. While I don't think satellite radio will be as big as cable TV, I think terrestrial radio will operate to their detriment if they don't fix as much as they can why they are losing listeners instead of smuggly dismissing satellite radio. My radio listening now is XM and any CDs I bring with me.

I wasn't going to go the satellite route, but I changed my mind.

I listen to Stern on my way to work. On my way home I've switched from listening to Michael Kay or Mike and the Mad Dog to just listening to CDs. There are just too many commercials.

I've asked for some Best Buy Gift Certificates from those who have asked what they can get me for Christmas. I just hope there are still receivers in stock when I get to Best Buy.

YankeePride1967
12-15-05, 07:04 PM
I wasn't going to go the satellite route, but I changed my mind.

I listen to Stern on my way to work. On my way home I've switched from listening to Michael Kay or Mike and the Mad Dog to just listening to CDs. There are just too many commercials.

I've asked for some Best Buy Gift Certificates from those who have asked what they can get me for Christmas. I just hope there are still receivers in stock when I get to Best Buy.

If you have a Sirius unit now, hold off until spring. If you don't, go the inexpensive route. I believe Sirius is coming out with some new models in the spring that will be worth the wait. I know on the XM side you can get a basic set up for around $30 for the lowest level unit. People call AM/FM "free radio". I don't. Anytime they play a commercial that occupies my time and time is valuable.

yankeesAZ
12-15-05, 07:18 PM
If you have a Sirius unit now, hold off until spring. If you don't, go the inexpensive route. I believe Sirius is coming out with some new models in the spring that will be worth the wait. I know on the XM side you can get a basic set up for around $30 for the lowest level unit. People call AM/FM "free radio". I don't. Anytime they play a commercial that occupies my time and time is valuable.

Anytime radio plays the same 10 songs the record execs pay them to play, they waste my time.

YankeePride1967
12-15-05, 07:25 PM
Anytime radio plays the same 10 songs the record execs pay them to play, they waste my time.

Tell me about it. Someone at works listens to the local adult contemporary channel. Before they started playing Christmas music in November, they played the same songs every day. I can't think of the singer or the name of the song but the song that goes "give me the Beach Boys, and free my soul, I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away" they play that song every day literally. And they play the same 6 Christmas songs at least 4 times a day in the day each in the 8 hours I'm there.

yankeesAZ
12-15-05, 07:51 PM
Tell me about it. Someone at works listens to the local adult contemporary channel. Before they started playing Christmas music in November, they played the same songs every day. I can't think of the singer or the name of the song but the song that goes "give me the Beach Boys, and free my soul, I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away" they play that song every day literally. And they play the same 6 Christmas songs at least 4 times a day in the day each in the 8 hours I'm there.

I think they play that song right after Bob Seger "Ol Time Rock and Roll".

Even the Christmas Station on Sirius gives me more Christmas tunes than I have heard in a long time.

YankeePride1967
12-15-05, 09:03 PM
I think they play that song right after Bob Seger "Ol Time Rock and Roll".

Even the Christmas Station on Sirius gives me more Christmas tunes than I have heard in a long time.

XM has 5 of them (a bit more than I need) one for traditional, one instrumental, one country, a comical/odd beat one and another. But they scatter the song and even when they repeat a song, it's by a different singer.

AMYanks
12-15-05, 10:09 PM

That's cool that they're doing that.

So, I guess if there is no transit strike and they can do this thing, Howard will be in the studio from 6 AM - 8 AM, and then he'll go outside for the rest of the show.

yankeesAZ
12-15-05, 10:25 PM
That's cool that they're doing that.

So, I guess if there is no transit strike and they can do this thing, Howard will be in the studio from 6 AM - 8 AM, and then he'll go outside for the rest of the show.

It is scheduled for 10am EST. He will do hsi show up to that point.

It's great for me as I will not be home at 10am PST, but I can wake up early out here and watch the festivities live. Besides January 9th, I've been looking forward to tommorow's show.

Yahoo even has a download of "widgets" for your desktop and one of them is Stern holding up a sign with the countdown to the time the festivities begin. I've never seen these before, but basically its like having a cardboard cutout on your desktop. So I have Howard standing in front of my Mt Rainier wallpaper desktop holding a countdown clock.

AMYanks
12-15-05, 10:49 PM
It is scheduled for 10am EST. He will do hsi show up to that point.

It's great for me as I will not be home at 10am PST, but I can wake up early out here and watch the festivities live. Besides January 9th, I've been looking forward to tommorow's show.

Yahoo even has a download of "widgets" for your desktop and one of them is Stern holding up a sign with the countdown to the time the festivities begin. I've never seen these before, but basically its like having a cardboard cutout on your desktop. So I have Howard standing in front of my Mt Rainier wallpaper desktop holding a countdown clock.

I had read that outside festivites start on his show, at 8 AM. Perhaps it is wrong.

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 10:10 AM
Howard's on live in NY right now. I guess NY avoided the transit strike. Never mind. I guess the party did get moved.

Sheff_Rod
12-16-05, 10:24 AM
All the reporters almost got their heads ripped off by the traffic lights when they were riding the bus with Howard. :lol:

I was thinking about going but I'm too lazy.

JDPNYY
12-16-05, 10:25 AM
There is now officially no reason to listen to the radio.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-16-05, 10:27 AM
Now only if they would show his show uncensored on E!

nhyankeefan
12-16-05, 10:28 AM
Now only if they would show his show uncensored on E!

If you have On-demand you can see some his bits for $13.95 a month. I ordered it for one month and some of the stuff was really funny. I can't see paying for each month however - it wouldn't be worth it.

rightfielder21
12-16-05, 10:30 AM
Is it over?

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 10:30 AM

Diamond Dave's not working for you? ;)

Sheff_Rod
12-16-05, 10:31 AM

Yup, since there's no baseball Howard was the last show I listened to on radio.

I stopped listening to M&MD (just listen to the interviews online sometimes) and TMKS and I don't really need WINS since I don't drive to work so I don't need any traffic reports (which they're never right anyway.)

I'm still 50/50 on getting satellite radio though.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-16-05, 10:32 AM
If you have On-demand you can see some his bits for $13.95 a month. I ordered it for one month and some of the stuff was really funny. I can't see paying for each month however - it wouldn't be worth it.

$14, im not payinng that. I have On Demand, but im not wasting $14 on Stern

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 10:33 AM
Is it over?

He's at the Hard Rock right now. Martha Stewart is supposed to induct him into Sirius, whatever the hell that means.

I guess they must have started the outdoor festivities earlier than 10am.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-16-05, 10:34 AM
He's at the Hard Rock right now. Martha Stewart is supposed to induct him into Sirius, whatever the hell that means.

I guess they must have started the outdoor festivities earlier than 10am.

I hope Howard asks to see her boobs

tdel23
12-16-05, 10:36 AM
anyone have any suggestions on what kind of Sirius unit to get?

AMYanks
Anyone watching this on Yahoo! They're showing all the crew going around and talking to the press. Then they'll have the party after.

A very sad day, though. The only good thing about terrestrial radio is officially gone. The show ended a little abruptly, though. I expected him to say a little more to the radio audience before he went down to give his speech.

JDPNYY
Diamond Dave's not working for you? ;)

I don't think I could listen to him for more than 5 minutes.

Yup, since there's no baseball Howard was the last show I listened to on radio.

I stopped listening to M&MD (just listen to the interviews online sometimes) and TMKS and I don't really need WINS since I don't drive to work so I don't need any traffic reports (which they're never right anyway.)

I'm still 50/50 on getting satellite radio though.

Yankees on the radio. Yup that's it. The sports talk shows are all commercials and updates (which I can get on the internet whenever I want and in much more detail).

I've decided to get Sirius. I was 50/50 a month ago.

AMYanks
12-16-05, 10:38 AM
I want to get the portable S50, but from what I hear, it sucks.

RhodyYanksFan
12-16-05, 10:38 AM
I don't think I could listen to him for more than 5 minutes.

Yankees on the radio. Yup that's it. The sports talk shows are all commercials and updates (which I can get on the internet whenever I want and in much more detail).

I've decided to get Sirius. I was 50/50 a month ago.

Congrats. You'll never go back. Although I'd rather see you get XM, but whatever. ;)

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 10:40 AM
I hope Howard asks to see her boobs

:lol: I can just imagine the look on her face. She could slap him.

JDPNYY
12-16-05, 10:41 AM
Congrats. You'll never go back. Although I'd rather see you get XM, but whatever. ;)

I have no reason to get XM. I've weighed the options carefully.

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 10:43 AM

I wish we had a little of both XM and Sirius on one radio, but the competition will be good to subscribers of both.

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 10:45 AM

It's a nice idea for a portable radio, but I have heard is has a lot of glitches. Perhaps the next version of that model will be better.

NelsonMuntz
12-16-05, 11:26 AM
Yeah I was going to get it as well until I found out that you cannot actually receive live transmissions. You need to download and save content while the S50 is in the docking station and you can listen to it later "on the go". It's a lot of money for a glorified MP3 player.

I can't wait to hear Howard on Sirius. What I love most about all the hype is that more and more consumers are hearing about satellite radio. I can't even begin to describe how much better it is than terretrial radio.

RhodyYanksFan
12-16-05, 11:44 AM
Yeah I was going to get it as well until I found out that you cannot actually receive live transmissions. You need to download and save content while the S50 is in the docking station and you can listen to it later "on the go". It's a lot of money for a glorified MP3 player.

It's crappy that Sirius is trying to call it "portable". It's also weird how the XM2go is truly portable and was out for last Christmas and Sirius still hasn't caught up.

NelsonMuntz
12-16-05, 12:08 PM
It's crappy that Sirius is trying to call it "portable". It's also weird how the XM2go is truly portable and was out for last Christmas and Sirius still hasn't caught up.
My one complaint of Sirius is that their hardware is always behind XM's. But I heard that Delphi (the company that creates a lot of XM's devices) is going out of business, so it will be interesting to see how that affects their hardware releases next year.

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 12:24 PM
He're comes Martha to introduce Howard!

RhodyYanksFan
12-16-05, 12:26 PM
He're comes Martha to introduce Howard!

:barf: introducing :barf:

NelsonMuntz
12-16-05, 12:29 PM
This is awesome. Howard rules!

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 12:35 PM
:barf: introducing :barf:

I never thought I'd see those two on the same stage. The photogs were going crazy when the hugged each other.

He asked Martha to deliver the Robo Spanker and tickle chair, which she said she would think about it. :lol:

yankeesAZ
12-16-05, 11:31 PM
If you missed any festivities today. Yahoo has them all archived on the same link put up earlier. Yahoo did a great job in covering this event today.

LloydBanks
12-17-05, 03:55 AM
I got the Sirius radio. That thing is crazy. Especially Shade 45, plus Stern comming soon.

Yankeeah
01-07-06, 11:04 PM
Just wondering whose got sirius and is going to listen on Monday? I have an S50, but the home dock is so rare right now I don't know how I'm going to listen. Hopefully i'll figure it out

JDPNYY
01-07-06, 11:55 PM
Just wondering whose got sirius and is going to listen on Monday? I have an S50, but the home dock is so rare right now I don't know how I'm going to listen. Hopefully i'll figure it out

I bought the Starmate Replay a couple of days after Christmas with a couple of gift card I received. Installed it in my car and it works like a dream.

I've had a heck of a time finding a Home Kit for the thing. No one has them. This morning at around 8am I found one online at Circuit City. I ordered it for pick up at a Store around 12 miles from my home. Picked it up and got that thing all set up.

I'm not sure the thing will work at my Office. I'll see on Monday morning.

Even without Howard, Sirius is great.

YankeePride1967
01-08-06, 12:06 AM
I bought the Starmate Replay a couple of days after Christmas with a couple of gift card I received. Installed it in my car and it works like a dream.

I've had a heck of a time finding a Home Kit for the thing. No one has them. This morning at around 8am I found one online at Circuit City. I ordered it for pick up at a Store around 12 miles from my home. Picked it up and got that thing all set up.

I'm not sure the thing will work at my Office. I'll see on Monday morning.

Even without Howard, Sirius is great.

As far as the office, I think it depends on the size of the building. If you are in a smaller office building, I'd be much more optimistic. I work in a larger one with a lot of fluorescent lights and I can't get reception at work. I generally record programming at home and then listen to it while at work.

NelsonMuntz
01-08-06, 12:14 AM
I got Sirius last year in anticipation of Stern's move to satellite, however I still haven't figured out how I'm going to listen to him at work. I got the Sirius boombox for Christmas this year thinking it would be the answer, but I can't get reception inside my office. I imagine they're going to re-run his show later in the day but I haven't heard anything for certain yet.

Dooley Womack
01-08-06, 12:22 AM
Same question from the other Stern thread.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=2995745&postcount=84

JDPNYY
01-08-06, 12:27 AM
I got Sirius last year in anticipation of Stern's move to satellite, however I still haven't figured out how I'm going to listen to him at work. I got the Sirius boombox for Christmas this year thinking it would be the answer, but I can't get reception inside my office. I imagine they're going to re-run his show later in the day but I haven't heard anything for certain yet.

I don't have a window in my Office. I'm thinking I may go up on top of the drop Ceiling with the antenna.

I am going under the impression that it won't work at work. If it does... great.

RhodyYanksFan
01-08-06, 12:28 AM

Does Sirius not have an online feed? Or is his show not on it? Either way that's really stupid of them.

Yankeeah
01-08-06, 01:15 AM
Does Sirius not have an online feed? Or is his show not on it? Either way that's really stupid of them.

They do stream online, but not Howards show, or most talk shows for that matter.

Stern replays, i think at 9PM. Also, I believe 101 is on PST time, so maybe we can get it on EST at 9AM.

Yankeeah
01-08-06, 01:16 AM
Same question from the other Stern thread.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showpost.php?p=2995745&postcount=84

I was reading ball four today, and now I finally understand your username.

Dooley Womack
01-08-06, 01:31 AM
I was reading ball four today, and now I finally understand your username.

Damn! I wanted you to think that was my real name! ;)

Dooley Womack
01-08-06, 01:35 AM
If anyone's interested, it does appear that starting in March, VOD will carry Stern's satellite show as well as 24/7 Stern programming for $13.95 a month.

Sounds like a better deal than Sirius if that's all you're getting it for. For the same amount of money, and no extra equipment needed, you get to SEE as well as hear him and at any time - at your convenience. If there aren't any other Sirius programs that you're interested and you want commercial-free music in your car, do what I do - get an iPod car adapter if you have an iPod.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/72102/wo/vh7Mm9pmcbFx3pAvrCt9Uupl6x3/0.SLID?nclm=iPodinyourCar&mco=709334C8

AMYanks
01-08-06, 01:46 AM
Here is the schedule for Monday on Howard 100:

HOWARD 100 [All Times Eastern]
6a - 11a: Howard Stern Show
11a - 12n: Wrap-Up Show with Gary Dell’Abate & Jon Hein
12n - 1p: Howard 100 News at Noon
1p - 6p: Howard 100 News
6p - 7p: Howard 100 News at 6
7p - 8p: Special Super Fan Roundtable
8p - 9p: Howard 100 News
9p - 2a: Howard Stern Show Replay

NelsonMuntz
01-08-06, 02:07 AM

Cool, I just catch the replay at night. Thanks for posting this.

yankeesAZ
01-08-06, 02:09 AM
Cool, I just catch the replay at night. Thanks for posting this.

That is cool. I've been waiting to hear some confirmation if he was going to repeat the show or not.

YankeePride1967
01-08-06, 08:56 AM
only one re-play? Well at least there is one for those that miss it.

RhodyYanksFan
01-08-06, 10:00 AM

What's Howard100 News?

JDPNYY
01-08-06, 10:23 AM
What's Howard100 News?

Something you'd have no interest in.

Dooley Womack
01-08-06, 11:27 AM
What's Howard100 News?

Something else to feed his massive ego.

NelsonMuntz
01-08-06, 12:15 PM
What's Howard100 News?
For the past few months it was just a clever way for him to provide content on his Sirius channel while still under contract with Viacom. He is not allowed to actually appear on Sirius while under contract, but this allowed him to hype his new show under the context of a "news" channel. He never actually appeared on the news show, but his team of "reporters" constantly provided recaps of the terrestrial show as well as updates on the move to Sirius. I would imagine that Howard100 News will eventually go away once he develops new programming for the channel. Otherwise he's just being lazy.

SubwayFanatic
01-08-06, 02:25 PM
Did anyone catch "Private Parts" on VH1 last night? I had not seen that movie in years. Damn, I forgot how funny it was.

YankeePride1967
01-08-06, 02:58 PM
Did anyone catch "Private Parts" on VH1 last night? I had not seen that movie in years. Damn, I forgot how funny it was.

I saw the last hour of it. It was funny.

NelsonMuntz
01-08-06, 03:38 PM
I'm a huge Stern fan, but I really did not find Private Parts to be exceptionally funny. IMO it was decent, but not great. I thought that the radio bits that they chose to re-enact to illustrate how he earned the "shock jock" label were far from his best material. I will say that Paul Giamatti's performance in that movie is incredibly underrated, and Fred was actually pretty funny.

RhodyYanksFan
01-08-06, 05:31 PM
For the past few months it was just a clever way for him to provide content on his Sirius channel while still under contract with Viacom. He is not allowed to actually appear on Sirius while under contract, but this allowed him to hype his new show under the context of a "news" channel. He never actually appeared on the news show, but his team of "reporters" constantly provided recaps of the terrestrial show as well as updates on the move to Sirius. I would imagine that Howard100 News will eventually go away once he develops new programming for the channel. Otherwise he's just being lazy.

Viacom is letting Sirius play broadcasts owned by them? I find that odd.

nhyankeefan
01-08-06, 07:18 PM
I'm a huge Stern fan, but I really did not find Private Parts to be exceptionally funny. IMO it was decent, but not great. I thought that the radio bits that they chose to re-enact to illustrate how he earned the "shock jock" label were far from his best material. I will say that Paul Giamatti's performance in that movie is incredibly underrated, and Fred was actually pretty funny.

I agree, I thought the book was very funny, but the movie was just kind of blah. Especially after hearing for months about how funny it was. Giamatti was awesome as "Pig vomit" - that role helped launch his career.

nhyankeefan
01-08-06, 07:22 PM

They didn't, content from his show was never aired, only recaps. As NM stated, it was just a way for Stern to publicize his move w/ out actually being on the channel.

NelsonMuntz
01-08-06, 07:25 PM
No, not the actual broadcasts, but they would talk about what happened on the show that week and provide interviews with the HS crew.

yankeesAZ
01-08-06, 07:36 PM
Unfortunately, I am having some "Sirius" issues with reception up here. The signal is very sporadic at my apartment, if at all. I have tried many different windows, got the extension antenna w/signal amplifier, put the antenna outside, but my antenna simply cannot keep a signal for more than 20-30 minutes at best.

From what I have been reading on the Stern fan network, I'm not the only one.

I'm a big Howard fan, but if the situation does not improve, I may have to cancel my subsription. I have gone through great lengths to improve the signal quality, but this is way too much a pain in the ass. Sirius needs to stream his show online for subscribers. Howard on H100 this week said "they are working on that", but I have also read that they may never stream his show online.

Yankeeah
01-08-06, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately, I am having some "Sirius" issues with reception up here. The signal is very sporadic at my apartment, if at all. I have tried many different windows, got the extension antenna w/signal amplifier, put the antenna outside, but my antenna simply cannot keep a signal for more than 20-30 minutes at best.

I'm a big Howard fan, but if the situation does not improve, I may have to cancel my subsription. I have gone through great lengths to improve the signal quality, but this is way too much a pain in the ass. Sirius needs to stream his show online for subscribers. Howard on H100 this week said "they are working on that", but I have also read that they may never stream his show online.

I have an S-50, and the home kit isn't wide spread yet, so I can't listen to Stern, which is pretty much why I got the thing. When I called them before I got it, they said it would be out the 4th. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to see what their going to do, because if I have to wait another two weeks it's going to be a problem

yankeesAZ
01-08-06, 07:54 PM
I have an S-50, and the home kit isn't wide spread yet, so I can't listen to Stern, which is pretty much why I got the thing. When I called them before I got it, they said it would be out the 4th. I'm gonna call them tomorrow to see what their going to do, because if I have to wait another two weeks it's going to be a problem

Isn't that the $99 Home Kit?

I don't understand why they do not stream his show online. XM streams just about everything. I've only put up with half this crap from Sirius because of Howard, but if I can't hear him at home in the morning like I used to, then I'm on to XM.

Dooley Womack
01-08-06, 08:21 PM
Memo to Howard: Beetle Juice and the misfits you trot out there are NOT funny, and more annoying than anythign else. Ditto Artie Lange and his forced, poor-man's attempt at Belushi -style humor that you yourself strain to laugh at, trying to convince yourself he was the right choice. Lange does nothing but repeats OVER AND OVER what you pretended to laugh at and interrupts you at the worst time with irrelevancies, often breaking the flow.

DO get the talented Fred Norris back in the fold (since Jackie left and Artie came on, Fred became an afterthought) and try to get someone as good as Stuttering John was (before he became recognized) to wreak havoc at press conferences and ask celebrities sick questions.

Oh, lesbians kissing don’t shock anymore, and porn stars who have nothing to say and sit on your lap are f'n boooring. DO talk about current events (your strongpoint), and take phony "stars" to task. That's when you're at your best.

YankeePride1967
01-08-06, 08:26 PM

When I first got XM, I had a lot of trouble trying to get it set up at home. Problem is that my condo faces north when it needs to face the south. My buildings are bricks So I have my antenna on a stack of CDs aimed at the brick building across the street and now I get it in. My first unit (the old Roady2) I was never able to get reception. I got the MyFi (the portable unit) and it works. I don't know which Sirius unit you have, but is there any more higher quality ones out there? XM does have their programming (most of it) online. I am surprised Sirius does not.

YankeePride1967
01-08-06, 08:27 PM

I don't understand why they do not stream his show online. XM streams just about everything. I've only put up with half this crap from Sirius because of Howard, but if I can't hear him at home in the morning like I used to, then I'm on to XM.

Stern fans would have been much better off if he ended up at XM.

yankeesAZ
01-08-06, 08:40 PM
When I first got XM, I had a lot of trouble trying to get it set up at home. Problem is that my condo faces north when it needs to face the south. My buildings are bricks So I have my antenna on a stack of CDs aimed at the brick building across the street and now I get it in. My first unit (the old Roady2) I was never able to get reception. I got the MyFi (the portable unit) and it works. I don't know which Sirius unit you have, but is there any more higher quality ones out there? XM does have their programming (most of it) online. I am surprised Sirius does not.

I have the Starmate1. From what I have read from other subscribers, even with the Sportster or other more expensive receivers, getting the signal and keeping it is a major problem. If Sirius just streamed his show online, my recpetion problems would still not be solved, but the reason I paid for it would be taken care of.

Yankeeah
01-08-06, 08:42 PM

Howard said their working on that, and I'm sure it will wind up online eventually. The home kit is $99 bucks, upwards of $300 on eBay. The problem is there so rare because they kind of put some out, kinda not. When I called like a month ago, they said January 4th/5th. Now i'm hearing another ten days. I'm very frustrated, not just with this, but the overall Sirius customer service. When I called about the home kit, the person had no idea what I was talking about, and clearly being coached what to say, as I could hear their supervisor telling them what to say behind them. I'm calling tomorrow and trying to get an answer, which won't happen. Had I known all these problems, I would have waited.

NelsonMuntz
01-08-06, 11:17 PM

Sorry to hear that. I have no problems with my Sirius reception at home.

yankeesAZ
01-09-06, 01:36 AM
Sorry to hear that. I have no problems with my Sirius reception at home.

I listen to what I can tommorow or I may just have to spend 5 hours in my car :D .

RhodyYanksFan
01-09-06, 09:27 AM
Well Howard's first broadcast on satellite and what does he do? Stuff that O&A covered 8 months ago. The Pat O'Brien sex tapes. At least he's original and edgy. :uhh:

KLJ
01-09-06, 09:32 AM
Well Howard's first broadcast on satellite and what does he do? Stuff that O&A covered 8 months ago. The Pat O'Brien sex tapes. At least he's original and edgy. :uhh:
stern put plenty of time in on these tapes when they first happened.. he is playing them now because he is playing a bunch of his old stuff he was never allowed to play un-edited..

are the non stern fans going to sit around and listen to him just to complain about everything?

Bozidar
01-09-06, 09:37 AM
Weren't they going to reveal those deep dark secrets about themselves?

RhodyYanksFan
01-09-06, 09:43 AM
stern put plenty of time in on these tapes when they first happened.. he is playing them now because he is playing a bunch of his old stuff he was never allowed to play un-edited..

are the non stern fans going to sit around and listen to him just to complain about everything?

I'm not listening to him, my co-worker has him on and I had to laugh when they started doing that because it's such old stuff.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-09-06, 09:54 AM
I'm not listening to him, my co-worker has him on and I had to laugh when they started doing that because it's such old stuff.

I'd rather listen to Howard be 8 months behind O&A doing the same thing than O&A be 20 years behind Howard.

NelsonMuntz
01-09-06, 09:55 AM
I listen to what I can tommorow or I may just have to spend 5 hours in my car :D .
I figured out a way to get reception in my office with the boombox. I have to listen to the show in a conference room with the satellite at the extreme corner of the room next to a window and it still cuts in and out every now and then. Not very convenient, but at least it's an option.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-09-06, 09:56 AM
I have the Starmate1. From what I have read from other subscribers, even with the Sportster or other more expensive receivers, getting the signal and keeping it is a major problem. If Sirius just streamed his show online, my recpetion problems would still not be solved, but the reason I paid for it would be taken care of.

I've had Sirius for 3 years with multiple receivers without any signal problems both in the car and at home. Where do you live?

yankeesAZ
01-09-06, 10:58 AM
I've had Sirius for 3 years with multiple receivers without any signal problems both in the car and at home. Where do you live?

Just outside Seattle. Lots of hills and trees in the terrain. For the most part, I get 3 bars on "TER" and if I get the antenna about 30 feet from my window, I can get 3 bars on "SAT". In the car I will still get pretty much the same amount of bars with the occassional 6 on SAT. In the car, my signal holds up fairly well, but most of my listening is at home.

Generally, I get reception for the first 20-30 minutes, then it cuts out. If I turn it off for a while (15 minutes or so) and turn it back on it will work for maybe 15 minutes, but I have yet to have the radio on for an hour straight without problems.

I may just get another receiver and test it on the free weather channel not activate it) and see how long it holds the signal. If it works then I know its a crappy receiver. It just seems strange I can get a signal whenever the radio is shut off for awhile.

I did see on the Sirius site, that they had a link to sign up to get updated when Howard starts streaming, which I'll take as a sign that it will happen. If that's the case I'll hold out.

SubwayFanatic
01-09-06, 11:52 AM

We get it. Stern sucks. O&A are edgy, more original and way funnier.

O&A rulez!! Hoo Hoo Robin!

yankeesnum1
01-09-06, 12:38 PM
Weren't they going to reveal those deep dark secrets about themselves?
He did and didn't

He did say what they were, but he's not going to say who's they are until next week

b-ball-lunachick
01-09-06, 12:47 PM
He did and didn't

He did say what they were, but he's not going to say who's they are until next week

ooh Danny -- do you remember what they were? I have XM, not Sirius so I'm in no-Howard adjustment mode :D

KLJ
01-09-06, 12:55 PM
ooh Danny -- do you remember what they were? I have XM, not Sirius so I'm in no-Howard adjustment mode :D
i rememebr a few..

someone used to hide in the bathroom closet and masturbate while his family used the bathroom..

someone recently got a girl pregnant and had to pay for an abortion

someone recently got caught cheating on his wife

someone had plastic surgery

someone woke up in the hospital and his best friend was fondling his balls

someone had jism squirted all over his chest

StaceyRosie
01-09-06, 12:56 PM
i rememebr a few..

someone used to hide in the bathroom closet and masturbate while his family used the bathroom..

:roflmao:

oh God you HAVE to tell us the results.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-09-06, 01:21 PM
:roflmao:

oh God you HAVE to tell us the results.

First one: "I cheated on my wife, and she caught me."

Second one: "I once hid in a bathroom closet and pleasured myself when my family members when to the bathroom."

Third one: "In the last year, I got a girl pregnant and had to pay for her abortion."

Fourth one: "I think I'm addicted to porn. I jerk off twice a day, and prefer to masturbate to having sex."

Fifth one: "I have spent well over $10,000 on internet porn."

Sixth one: "My buddy and I once ordered the massage girls to our hotel room, but they ripped us off and left us staring at each other."

Seventh one: "I have pleasured myself with meat and vegetables."

Eighth one: "I have a half-sister I never met and don't want to."

Ninth one: "I've had cosmetic surgery."

Tenth one: "A guy once blew his load on my chest."

Eleventh one: "I once had my stomach pumped for alcohol poisoning, and when I woke up in the hospital, an acquaintance of the same sex was fondling my genitals."

RhodyYanksFan
01-09-06, 01:29 PM
i rememebr a few..

Fred

Artie

Gary

Robin

Howard

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-09-06, 01:31 PM

This isn't true at all. What XM streams:

Is XM Radio available over the Internet?Yes -- now you can listen to all of XM's commercial-free music channels as well as Bob Edwards, Opie and Anthony, Comedy and Kids programming online.

Sirius does the same thing, music, comedy and a few other channels.

The only difference is Bob Edwards and O&A, whereas, Howard will be streaming within weeks i'm sure.

b-ball-lunachick
01-09-06, 01:36 PM
i rememebr a few..

Fred

Artie

Gary

Robin

Howard'

are you guessing Rhody are are those the answers? just checking. :D

RhodyYanksFan
01-09-06, 01:40 PM
This isn't true at all. What XM streams:

Is XM Radio available over the Internet?Yes -- now you can listen to all of XM's commercial-free music channels as well as Bob Edwards, Opie and Anthony, Comedy and Kids programming online.

Sirius does the same thing, music, comedy and a few other channels.

The only difference is Bob Edwards and O&A, whereas, Howard will be streaming within weeks i'm sure.

I bet they get enough complaints that they'll have to stream it. Problem is Howie might demand another $100 million for that.

'

are you guessing Rhody are are those the answers? just checking. :D

Total guesses.

NelsonMuntz
01-09-06, 01:55 PM
We get it. Stern sucks. O&A are edgy, more original and way funnier.

O&A rulez!! Hoo Hoo Robin!
Like StupidFlanders said in the other Stern thread -- Stern bashers really need to get a hobby.

Jersey Yankee
01-09-06, 02:09 PM
So what's he been saying recently? I'd like to know.

Thx.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-09-06, 02:22 PM
So what's he been saying recently? I'd like to know.

Thx.

Brief:

The Revolution Has Begun... 01/09/06. 6:00am
No Commercials... But A Music Break. 01/09/06. 6:10am
Catching Up Since The Final Show. 01/09/06. 6:15am
Cursing Rules. 01/09/06. 6:25am
Pat O'Brien Uncensored. 01/09/06. 6:30am
George Takei's First Gay Experience. 01/09/06. 6:40am
Howard's TV, George's First Woman And More. 01/09/06. 6:45am
David Lee Roth Discussions. 01/09/06. 6:55am
Selling SIRIUS Radios. 01/09/06. 7:10am
George Takei No Longer Taking It Up The Ass. 01/09/06. 7:15am
David Lee Roth Passes On Howard As Guest Caller. 01/09/06. 7:20am
Howard - Married Or Not Married? 01/09/06. 7:40am
Various Stuff. 01/09/06. 7:50am
Staff Revelations. 01/09/06. 8:00am
Howard Stern Show Press Conference. 01/09/06. 8:35am
King Kong Racially Motivated? 01/09/06. 10:00am
More Various Discussions. 01/09/06. 10:10am
Robin's News Begins. 01/09/06. 10:15am
Bubba Vs. Ronnie. 01/09/06. 10:25am
And Finally... 01/09/06. 11:05am

Detailed:
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#mon[/url]

[url="http://www.marksfriggin.com"] (http://www.marksfriggin.com/)

SubwayFanatic
01-09-06, 02:50 PM
Like StupidFlanders said in the other Stern thread -- Stern bashers really need to get a hobby.

Hoo hoo Robin! But I need to bash Stern because my idols O&A tell me to do so!

Jersey Yankee
01-09-06, 02:58 PM
Brief:
[list]
Thanks. Here's a link: http://wcbs880.com/local/NYC--HowardStern-Tops-nyn/resources_news_html

Yankeeah
01-09-06, 05:47 PM
For those with bit torrent, you can download it. I found it on pirate bay. Took like 2 minutes to download

yankeesAZ
01-09-06, 08:09 PM

I figured out a way to get reception in my office with the boombox. I have to listen to the show in a conference room with the satellite at the extreme corner of the room next to a window and it still cuts in and out every now and then. Not very convenient, but at least it's an option.

Problem solved! I went out today and got the Starmate Replay (Had Starmate 1) and have been listening to the free weather channel with no problems and very few disruptions for over an hour. I get 6 bars on TER and sometimes all the way to 10 and the antenna just sits in my window.

The old one would usually be 3 bars and once in while, blink to 6 bars (if I put the antenna 30 feet outside), but I have never seen 10 bars until today. So its obvious what my problem was.

yankeesAZ
01-09-06, 09:44 PM
Finally getting to hear the replay. The Pat O'brien tape uncensored was hillarious.

yankeesrule2000
01-09-06, 09:46 PM
Finally getting to hear the replay. The Pat O'brien tape uncensored was hillarious.

The show overall was really good, i could of done with out the press conference, but other then that, i think it was a really solid show..

YankeePride1967
01-09-06, 10:05 PM

THey were, O&A had them on last summer and they also did funny remixes with other voices. But hearing it uncensored and that's all I think about when I see him on TV now.

yankeesAZ
01-09-06, 10:44 PM
THey were, O&A had them on last summer and they also did funny remixes with other voices. But hearing it uncensored and that's all I think about when I see him on TV now.

I'm surprised, though I shouldn't be, on just how much was bleeped out. It wasn't just a few F words to say the least.

RhodyYanksFan
01-09-06, 11:28 PM

"Let's get crazy! You, me Betsy. If you want to just look at me and say yes. You make me f'n crazy."

:lol: What a class act he is. Only in Hollywood does someone still have a career after that. He's really lucky that he had the job he did (does) because if it was any other celeb you know "The Insider" would have it on every night for a month.

NYDCYankee
01-10-06, 12:15 AM
Takei was great on the show today and pretty honest.

Also I think Artie was the one that paid for an abortion.

NelsonMuntz
01-10-06, 10:02 AM
I could listen to Takei all day. Even when he's not trying to be funny, he's still funny.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-10-06, 10:19 AM
I could listen to Takei all day. Even when he's not trying to be funny, he's still funny.

I can't believe he fell for the fake Arnold.

NelsonMuntz
01-10-06, 10:25 AM
I can't believe he fell for the fake Arnold.
lol, he just asked Vinnie Favali if he was "that portly CBS executive". :lol:

gdn
01-10-06, 10:28 AM
"Let's get crazy! You, me Betsy. If you want to just look at me and say yes. You make me f'n crazy."

:lol: What a class act he is. Only in Hollywood does someone still have a career after that. He's really lucky that he had the job he did (does) because if it was any other celeb you know "The Insider" would have it on every night for a month.Either hollywood or professional sports ;)

YankeePride1967
01-10-06, 05:18 PM
I'm surprised, though I shouldn't be, on just how much was bleeped out. It wasn't just a few F words to say the least.

It's incredble, this is why O&A and Stern belong on satellite radio, they can both do the shows as intended. And bleeping the bad words out took a lot out of it. Everytime I turn on the tube and he's on, I think about the tapes!

yankeesAZ
01-10-06, 10:53 PM
It's incredble, this is why O&A and Stern belong on satellite radio, they can both do the shows as intended. And bleeping the bad words out took a lot out of it. Everytime I turn on the tube and he's on, I think about the tapes!

Yes, I can hear the difference already. It's a much better show now already.

b-ball-lunachick
01-12-06, 01:21 PM
I'm taking some guesses but I don't know all the people who gave one -- Howard, Fred, Artie, Robin, Gary, Sal, Richard..who else? Benji? is Scott the Engineer in there? ,

First one: "I cheated on my wife, and she caught me."

Sal

Second one: "I once hid in a bathroom closet and pleasured myself when my family members when to the bathroom."

Third one: "In the last year, I got a girl pregnant and had to pay for her abortion."

Fourth one: "I think I'm addicted to porn. I jerk off twice a day, and prefer to masturbate to having sex."

Benji

Fifth one: "I have spent well over $10,000 on internet porn."

Gary

Sixth one: "My buddy and I once ordered the massage girls to our hotel room, but they ripped us off and left us staring at each other."

Artie

Seventh one: "I have pleasured myself with meat and vegetables."
Howard

Eighth one: "I have a half-sister I never met and don't want to."

Ninth one: "I've had cosmetic surgery."

Tenth one: "A guy once blew his load on my chest."

Robin

Eleventh one: "I once had my stomach pumped for alcohol poisoning, and when I woke up in the hospital, an acquaintance of the same sex was fondling my genitals."

Fred

there are too many -- they should have kept it to the top 5 or 6 of them. :D

JDPNYY
01-12-06, 07:33 PM
Did anyone hear when George was talking about how he cries today?

I came close to losing control of my car.

AMYanks
01-12-06, 11:51 PM
Stern adding George Takei to the show was one of the best things he has ever done. Just listening to his voice makes you crack up.

NYDCYankee
01-13-06, 12:04 AM
Did anyone hear when George was talking about how he cries today?

I came close to losing control of my car.

Takei is great. Even better was the other day when he was talking to Arnold Schwarzanegger. That was great radio.

NelsonMuntz
01-13-06, 12:07 AM
Takei is great. Even better was the other day when he was talking to Arnold Schwarzanegger. That was great radio.
They did it to him again today, and he fell for it again. I really wish he was going to be in the studio full time. He is 100% pure comedy.

NYDCYankee
01-13-06, 12:39 AM
They did it to him again today, and he fell for it again. I really wish he was going to be in the studio full time. He is 100% pure comedy.

What are the chances they keep him beyond this week? I haven't really listened to full shows so I know I have missed some stuff but what exactly is Takei's deal for.

yankeesAZ
01-13-06, 02:04 AM
What are the chances they keep him beyond this week? I haven't really listened to full shows so I know I have missed some stuff but what exactly is Takei's deal for.

It is for this week only, but who knows? Maybe Howard will get him to stay longer.

JDPNYY
01-13-06, 08:04 AM
Duped again. Ha haa.

Oh my.

yankeesnum1
01-13-06, 08:54 AM
It is for this week only, but who knows? Maybe Howard will get him to stay longer.
Yeah, George leaves for Cali tomorrow, he's been great all week

NelsonMuntz
01-13-06, 09:46 AM
Takei lives in California so I doubt he will become a permanent fixture (aside from the promos). But maybe Howard can convince him to fly to New York once a month or something like that.

SubwayFanatic
01-13-06, 10:53 AM
Takei lives in California so I doubt he will become a permanent fixture (aside from the promos). But maybe Howard can convince him to fly to New York once a month or something like that.

Ugh. Typical Stern ripping off O&A. O&A once mentioned George Takei nine years ago so now Stern decides to finally have him on the show.

IntangiblesRule
01-13-06, 11:14 AM
Ugh. Typical Stern ripping off O&A. O&A once mentioned George Takei nine years ago so now Stern decides to finally have him on the show.

He's been going on the Stern show for a many, many years now.

Jersey Yankee
01-13-06, 11:17 AM
So what'd Howard say yesterday or today?

SubwayFanatic
01-13-06, 11:23 AM
He's been going on the Stern show for a many, many years now.

Someone's sarcasm detector is a bit off today. ;)

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
01-13-06, 02:14 PM
So what'd Howard say yesterday or today?

Thursday:
The Obscenity Battle Continues. 01/12/06. 6:00am
Fun With George Takei Audio Clips. 01/12/06. 6:05am
Howard Visits Bubba's Show. 01/12/06. 6:15am
Fred's Meltdown. 01/12/06. 6:25am
Fred And Howard Still Working Out Problems. 01/12/06. 6:40am
A Ned Prank Call From Bubba's Show. 01/12/06. 6:50am
Shaky Hands Sal And Other Stuff. 01/12/06. 6:55am
Howard's Weekend With His Parents. 01/12/06. 7:15am
The Real Arnold Schwarzenegger? 01/12/06. 7:20am
George Takei Discussions. 01/12/06. 7:40am
Eli Roth Calls In. 01/12/06. 7:50am
Mark Messier Audio Clips. 01/12/06. 8:05am
Richie: SIRIUS Installer To The Stars. 01/12/06. 8:20am
Howard 100 News Reporter Lisa G Comes In. 01/12/06. 8:30am
Lindsay Lohan And Kate Moss Story. 01/12/06. 8:55am
Various Audio Clips And Discussions. 01/12/06. 9:05am
Madison's Topless Welcome. 01/12/06. 9:20am
Howard's Radio Plans. 01/12/06. 9:35am
Jeff The Drunk's Birthday Wishes. 01/12/06. 9:40am
Howard's Small Birthday Celebration. 01/12/06. 9:55am
George Flowers News Update. 01/12/06. 10:05am
Howard's Final Show And George Takei Discussions. 01/12/06. 10:15am
And Finally... 01/12/06. 10:40am
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#thu

Friday
George Takei And Artie Sitcom In The Works? 01/13/06. 6:00am
Friday Show Details. 01/13/06. 6:05am
Pirate Radio Broadcasting Howard Stern. 01/13/06. 6:10am
More Birthday Gifts For Howard. 01/13/06. 6:15am
Michelle Rooney Gives An Update On Sean. 01/13/06. 6:50am
Licette From Scores Calls In. 01/13/06. 7:10am
Howard 100 News Update With Lisa G. 01/13/06. 7:20am
The New Odd Couple - George Takei And Artie Lange. 01/13/06. 7:30am
SIRIUS Connect For GM Owners. 01/13/06. 7:45am
George Takei Duped Again. 01/13/06. 7:50am
More SIRIUS Connect Info From Richie. 01/13/06. 8:10am
Questions For George Takei. 01/13/06. 8:15am
Phone Calls And Other Various Stuff. 01/13/06. 8:25am
Hector Meets George Takei. 01/13/06. 8:45am
Phone Sex With Jessica Hahn. 01/13/06. 9:00am
Various Phone Calls. 01/13/06. 9:20am
George Flowers Howard 100 News Update. 01/13/06. 9:40am
Screwing With Eric The Midget Actor. 01/13/06. 9:45am
The Mike Walker Gossip Game. 01/13/06. 9:50am
And Finally... 01/13/06. 10:10am
http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#fri

yankeesAZ
01-16-06, 12:35 PM
Anyone listen to the revalations today? JD and Scott were good ones.

RhodyYanksFan
01-16-06, 12:39 PM

He's having the Best Week Ever according to VH1 (which means nothing).

Here's what pisses me off about Howard (for real). He is claiming to be the pioneer of satellite radio. Like them of not, O&A have been on satellite for 15 months before he switched. That is what really gets under my skin about him. He has to have all the credit. Even if you love Howard, you can't deny that he is lying when he calls himself the pioneer when he was not the first "shock" radio show to switch to satellite.

NelsonMuntz
01-16-06, 01:36 PM

Here's what pisses me off about Howard (for real). He is claiming to be the pioneer of satellite radio. Like them of not, O&A have been on satellite for 15 months before he switched. That is what really gets under my skin about him. He has to have all the credit. Even if you love Howard, you can't deny that he is lying when he calls himself the pioneer when he was not the first "shock" radio show to switch to satellite.
But I think this is just another example of how much bigger Howard is than O&A. No offense to O&A fans, but really outside of their hardcore fan base, nobody knows who they are. Howard on the other hand, love him or hate him, is widely known across America. He could have renewed his contract with Infinity but he chose to leave terrestrial radio to move to satellite. That's a lot different than O&A who essentially were forced to take a job on satellite because they were fired from their terrestrial job and had nowhere else to go.

So no, Howard is not the "first" radio personality to move to satellite technically speaking, but he is to date the most famous, or perhaps most infamous personality to do so, and more importantly, the first radio personality with a large national audience to move to satellite. Therefore his move to satellite is going to have much more of an impact than O&A's because it's going to get much more attention, and consequently could influence a number of other high profile personalities to make the jump to satellite in addition to bringing countless numbers of listeners. Essentially his move to satellite legitmizes the medium to a large extent.

RhodyYanksFan
01-16-06, 01:44 PM
Essentially his move to satellite legitmizes the medium to a large extent.

And that's good for subscribers of both services.

NelsonMuntz
01-16-06, 02:00 PM
And that's good for subscribers of both services.
Absolutely :)

BronxByTheBay
01-16-06, 02:54 PM

Not even close. O&A didnt' generate 3 million subscribers for XM when they joined. They were added as content to XM, Stern is the flagship for Sirius. World of difference.

RhodyYanksFan
01-16-06, 02:59 PM
Not even close. O&A didnt' generate 3 million subscribers for XM when they joined. They were added as content to XM, Stern is the flagship for Sirius. World of difference.

Howard didn't generate 3 million Sirius subscribers. They just passed the 3 million mark this holiday season. He added maybe 1 million since annoucing his move.

BronxByTheBay
01-16-06, 03:10 PM
Howard didn't generate 3 million Sirius subscribers. They just passed the 3 million mark this holiday season. He added maybe 1 million since annoucing his move.

Okay...ya got me. He only added a million. ;)

NelsonMuntz
01-16-06, 03:32 PM
Sirius had approximately 600,000 subscribers before they announced the Stern deal.

PAUL
01-16-06, 03:35 PM
Okay...ya got me. He only added a million. ;)

If only he had added three million subs. it would have made a world of difference on the stock this year. Regardless, Stern is the main reason Sirius is still around.

RhodyYanksFan
01-16-06, 03:54 PM
Sirius had approximately 600,000 subscribers before they announced the Stern deal.

You can't reasonably believe that every single person who got it between then and now did so just for Howard though.

YClipper5
01-16-06, 04:00 PM
But I think this is just another example of how much bigger Howard is than O&A. No offense to O&A fans, but really outside of their hardcore fan base, nobody knows who they are. Howard on the other hand, love him or hate him, is widely known across America. He could have renewed his contract with Viacom but he chose to leave terrestrial radio to move to satellite. That's a lot different than O&A who essentially were forced to take a job on satellite because they were fired from their terrestrial job and had nowhere else to go.

So no, Howard is not the "first" radio personality to move to satellite technically speaking, but he is to date the most famous, or perhaps most infamous personality to do so, and more importantly, the first radio personality with a large national audience to move to satellite. Therefore his move to satellite is going to have much more of an impact than O&A's because it's going to get much more attention, and consequently could influence a number of other high profile personalities to make the jump to satellite in addition to bringing countless numbers of listeners. Essentially his move to satellite legitmizes the medium to a large extent.
Just to clear up a few things regarding O&A from above. They had other options other than satellite once their Infinity contracts expired. Because Infinity would not let them out of their deals, they couldn't sign anywhere. Once their contracts expired, they had terrestrial deals on the table, but saw the future in satellite. So to say they didn't have any options simply isn't true.

Before they were fired, O&A were syndicated and #1 in NYC, Philly, Sacramento, and a few other markets (which I cannot recall off the top of my head). Calling Stern "the first radio personality with a large national audience to move to satellite" is not true, either. Is Stern the biggest? Of course. But Opie and Anthony had a large national following as well.

NelsonMuntz
01-16-06, 04:22 PM
You can't reasonably believe that every single person who got it between then and now did so just for Howard though.
No, of course not. There's no way to quantify the exact number of Sirius subscriptions that are attributable to Howard, but the fact remains that 2.4 million people purchased a Sirius subscription after his deal was announced. Just my opinion, but I do not believe that Sirius would have survived had they not signed Stern.

YankeePride1967
01-16-06, 05:15 PM
Just to clear up a few things regarding O&A from above. They had other options other than satellite once their Infinity contracts expired. Because Infinity would not let them out of their deals, they couldn't sign anywhere. Once their contracts expired, they had terrestrial deals on the table, but saw the future in satellite. So to say they didn't have any options simply isn't true.

Before they were fired, O&A were syndicated and #1 in NYC, Philly, Sacramento, and a few other markets (which I cannot recall off the top of my head). Calling Stern "the first radio personality with a large national audience to move to satellite" is not true, either. Is Stern the biggest? Of course. But Opie and Anthony had a large national following as well.

O&A had offers from both XM and Sirius but chose XM.

Even prior to that, O&A had several options. Infinity offered them to go back on the air provided that they claim responsibility financially for any FCC fines, never mention the incident that got them suspended (they were never fired) and they could not mention the name of anyone at Infinity (which included Stern). And Infinity also offered to release them from their contract if they signed an agreement stating that at whatever station they ended up at, they also couldn't do those terms listed above. O&A chose not to as they wanted to be able to talk about anything and anyone.

It's very easy to read incorrect articles and say O&A had no choices or offers, but the facts are otherwise.

BronxByTheBay
01-16-06, 05:16 PM

Of course not, but that's not the issue. You made a comparison of O&A coming to XM vs. Howard coming to Sirius. There is no comparison. Howard made Sirius a destination for peopel, O&A had no such effect.

In fact, someone correct me if my memory is wrong, but initially wasn't XM offering O&A for an additional $2 a month and then decided to just bump up the price on all subscribers, giving everyone access to them?

YankeePride1967
01-16-06, 05:18 PM
I am an O&A fan, but I have nothing against Stern. Even if I believe what O&A say about them (to me I could care less as that's an issue between them) I don't waste my time worrying about another show. I primarily got XM for MLB (and since have found O&A and the music haven that satellite radio is), so even if O&A were to leave XM, I would stay with XM because of MLB.

YankeePride1967
01-16-06, 05:20 PM
Of course not, but that's not the issue. You made a comparison of O&A coming to XM vs. Howard coming to Sirius. There is no comparison. Howard made Sirius a destination for peopel, O&A had no such effect.

In fact, someone correct me if my memory is wrong, but initially wasn't XM offering O&A for an additional $2 a month and then decided to just bump up the price on all subscribers, giving everyone access to them?

I'm not sure if the increase in price was related to O&A going from $2 to free, but that is what happened. XM also though made free (it was $3.95 a month) streaming XM from the Internet at the same time. There is no question that Sirius is Stern (in terms of financial success) and XM is built around a bunch of stuff and not any one item.

YClipper5
01-16-06, 05:49 PM
Howard made Sirius a destination for peopel, O&A had no such effect.

When they were both on in NYC, I would listen to Howard in the morning, and O&A in the afternoon. I found O&A funnier and more relevant to me because I believe they speak and think the way my friends and I do. To me, Howard doesn't do that.

When O&A went to satellite, I specifically bought XM because of them, so XM was a destination, for this person, because of O&A.