PDA

View Full Version : Fix it All With A Trade With Texas!

Spaceboy88
12-02-05, 04:52 PM
I'm sure all the Soriano haters will come out and shoot this down, but hear me out...

I know he's been opposed to playing CF in the past, but his love for NY could very well possibly change his mind. Texas has a lot of offense and could afford to trade him to upgrade their pitching.

If the Yankees packaged Pavano and Duncan for Soriano and eat a large portion of Pavano's contract, this could work out lovely for all involved.

The Rangers are entertaining the idea of trading Hank Blalock, so Duncan could fit in to the 3B role, or be used in another trade elsewhere. Michael Young can remain at shortstop, and the Rangers could acquire someone like Tony Womack to fill the 2B hold left by Soriano. They'd get the speed with Womack back that they lost with Soriano.
There is enough time now where Alfonoso could work on playing CF over the winter and spring and develop into a good, speedy CF with a lot of pop in his bat.

I'd rather see something like this go down than something involving a superstar like Hunter which causes us to lose Wang and/or Cano.

Thoughts?

Yankyfan
12-02-05, 04:54 PM
I'd rather Lance Nix

Clive
12-02-05, 04:55 PM
I'm sure all the
Soriano haters will come out and shoot this down, but hear me out...

I know he's been opposed to playing CF in the past, but his love for NY could very well possibly change his mind. Texas has a lot of offense and could afford to trade him to upgrade their pitching.

If the Yankees packaged
Pavano and Duncan for
Soriano and eat a large portion of
Pavano's contract, this could work out lovely for all involved.

The Rangers are entertaining the idea of trading Hank
Blalock, so Duncan could fit in to the 3B role, or be used in another trade elsewhere. Michael Young can remain at shortstop, and the Rangers could acquire someone like Tony
Womack to fill the 2B hold left by
Soriano. They'd get the speed with
Womack back
thta they lost with
Soriano.

There is enough time now where
Alfonoso could work on playing CF over the winter and spring and develop into a good, speedy CF with a lot of pop in his bat.

I'd rather see something like this go down than something involving a superstar like Hunter which causes us to lose Wang and/or
Cano.

Thoughts?

Syrian

Soring

Serrano

Soprano

Dorian

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Paving

Pacino

Paean

Parvenu

Piano

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Syrian

Soring

Serrano

Soprano

Dorian

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Pavano

Paving's

Pacino's

Paean's

Parvenu's

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Ballcock

Bullock

Black

Block

Tlaloc

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Mack

Cormack

Whack

Smack

Woman

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Syrian

Soring

Serrano

Soprano

Dorian

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Mack

Cormack

Whack

Smack

Woman

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

that

theta

Thea

Thia

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Syrian

Soring

Serrano

Soprano

Dorian

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Alfonso

Alfons

Alfonse

Alfonzo

Alfons's

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionary

Canoe

Ca no

Ca-no

Can

Canon

Edit...

Ignore all

Add to dictionaryMaybe they'll part with Laynce Nix. I'd like that better.

CaptainThurman
12-02-05, 04:55 PM
Huhhh?

Tifoso
12-02-05, 04:56 PM
Dave Visbeck--is that you?

Spaceboy88
12-02-05, 04:56 PM
Sorry for the weird formatting. Damn Google Spellcheck!

mrbawm
12-02-05, 04:57 PM
That was pretty interesting before.

nyg02005
12-02-05, 04:57 PM
If we have to eat most of pavano's contract, the deal that I would like is pavano for soriano and nix.

Spaceboy88
12-02-05, 04:58 PM
Regardless if it's Nix or Soriano, we don't need 7 starting pitchers. Go with Johnson, Moose, Chacon, Wang and Small....move Wright to the bullpen as a spot starter (or whenever we face Tampa!). Pavano has to have a higher trade value than Wright anyway.

Tifoso
12-02-05, 05:00 PM
Regardless if it's Nix or Soriano, we don't need 7 starting pitchers. Go with Johnson, Moose, Chacon, Wang and Small....move Wright to the bullpen as a spot starter (or whenever we face Tampa!). Pavano has to have a higher trade value than Wright anyway.

He does. Because he's a better pitcher. :)

nnysiny
12-02-05, 05:03 PM
the idea of trading one of the Yankees best prospects for a questionable CF sickens me

CaptainThurman
12-02-05, 05:03 PM
I don't believe Soriano is Syrian. I think the last Syrian of any note in MLB was Ron Hassey, who played for the Yankees 20 years ago....

http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/hassero01.shtml

Yankyfan
12-02-05, 05:05 PM
I get it CT the 6 degrees of Soriano. ;)

Spaceboy88
12-02-05, 05:06 PM
the idea of trading one of the Yankees best prospects for a questionable CF sickens me

What else are we going to do with him? Sadly, there appears to be no use for him on the Yankees right now or in the immediate future, so might as well fix a problem like CF with him than trade two young guys who've proven they can play consistenly good baseball at the Major League level.

highheat2014
12-02-05, 05:10 PM
Why the hell would anybody want to pay anything for Laynce Nix, owner of a lifetime .711 OPS in an extreme hitters park and a 78 OPS+

panicfan
12-02-05, 05:10 PM
Everything I've been hearing about Duncan recently is negative. He only batted .240 something in AA. Uh, we can trade him if he'll get us something good. THey don't even have breaking balls in AA.

What else are we going to do with him? Sadly, there appears to be no use for him on the Yankees right now or in the immediate future, so might as well fix a problem like CF with him than trade two young guys who've proven they can play consistenly good baseball at the Major League level.

Sam18
12-02-05, 05:12 PM
I don't wanna pay most of Carl's contract and trade one of our best prospects for a 30 year old hitter who's OBP can't even crack 310 in Texas none the less.

BigBats
12-02-05, 05:13 PM
If Soriano is willing to play CF, then it's a go. He has the makeup to be great out there.

NewEraYanks2527
12-02-05, 05:26 PM
No thanks to Soriano.

Sam18
12-02-05, 05:28 PM
If Soriano is willing to play CF, then it's a go. He has the makeup to be great out there.

You think he's worth losing on of our starters and paying his salary AND trading our second best prospect?

Dr. Gonzo
12-02-05, 05:37 PM
terrible idea, what is the fascination with soriano in center?

Stupid Flanders
12-02-05, 05:58 PM
Everything I've been hearing about Duncan recently is negative. He only batted .240 something in AA. Uh, we can trade him if he'll get us something good. THey don't even have breaking balls in AA.
So then you haven't heard anything recently.

He tore up the AFL

38Special
12-02-05, 06:07 PM
hahahahahahahahaha

Panamaniac42
12-02-05, 06:14 PM
I wonder if Soriano in CF would pose and watch other people's flyballs hit the wall.

RhodeyYankee2638
12-02-05, 06:17 PM
I have inside sources that work for the Yankees, and they are trying to work something out, probably Soriano for Pavano, Wright and Melky Cabrera. Thats what my sources say

hammer
12-02-05, 06:20 PM

We needed eight starters to get through last year (nine if you include Henn) with basically the same staff. Wright, Pavano and Wang all had serious shoulder injuries. Wang seems to have bounced back, although I'd like to seem him pitch a whole year healthy before banking on him. Wright is a major injury concern, and we don't really know what to expect from Pavano, or if he's even healthy. I'd keep the seven starters.

Babe Rules
12-02-05, 06:32 PM
No thanks.

38Special
12-02-05, 06:33 PM
I have inside sources that work for the Yankees, and they are trying to work something out, probably Soriano for Pavano, Wright and Melky Cabrera. Thats what my sources say
My sources say that your sources are incorrect

Yankeeah
12-02-05, 06:35 PM
I'm sure all the Soriano haters will come out and shoot this down, but hear me out...

I stopped there. I don't hate Soriano, but he has no place on this team

Tifoso
12-02-05, 06:37 PM
I stopped there. I don't hate Soriano, but he has no place on this team

Word.

Yankyfan
12-02-05, 06:45 PM
After hearing Cashman Wright is in the pen.Unless we sign someone else.

Dr. Gonzo
12-02-05, 07:01 PM
why would you want small in the rotation? Did you think this one through, you really expect him to do that well again.

Having small in the rotation is about the stupidest thing the yanks could do.

Dr. Gonzo
12-02-05, 07:02 PM
they have breaking balls in junior high ball. And he had a great AFL. Do some research before you post.

Ivoted4Kodos
12-02-05, 07:07 PM
they have breaking balls in junior high ball.

Nowadays, they have breaking balls in Little League.

Macklew
12-02-05, 07:13 PM
I'd rather Lance Nix

I'd rather Nix Lance! :D

Sorry, bad humor. Either one is ok by me, but that comes under the heading of "who cares!"

27IsNext
12-02-05, 07:24 PM
hahahahahahahahaha

I too would be laughing--if I weren't crying on the inside.

Spaceboy88
12-02-05, 07:26 PM
why would you want small in the rotation? Did you think this one through, you really expect him to do that well again.

Having small in the rotation is about the stupidest thing the yanks could do.

Small has earned a place in the rotation. He deserves a shot, and with Wright in the pen, you have some insurance, so if he can't cut it, switch him with Wright.

mhmajp
12-02-05, 07:42 PM

I guess you've missed the part where he was named AFL MVP? If they're going to trade Duncan, how about they get one of the best CF in the league?

mhmajp
12-02-05, 07:43 PM

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaaa!

mhmajp
12-02-05, 07:46 PM
This idea is mainly bad because Soriano is a) another strike out prone, power pitcher, b) has a terrible OBP and C) costs a lot of money. This is also a bad idea because no one knows if he would be any good in CF. Then there's the issue of giving up a potentially great pitcher and one of the team's best prospects for an exciting but ultimately flawed player and giving over lots of cash for the privilage.

destro
12-02-05, 07:48 PM
soriano isnt a CF, pass

JeffWeaverFan
12-02-05, 07:59 PM
I don't wanna pay most of Carl's contract and trade one of our best prospects for a 30 year old hitter who's OBP can't even crack 310 in Texas none the less.
Agreed. If we are going to move an infielder to CF, then either move Jeter to CF (who would be better than Sori defensively) or sign Furcal to play CF.

stupidpunchline
12-02-05, 08:54 PM
Nowadays, they have breaking balls in Little League.

My 9-year-old cousin has a better breaking ball than I do.

premct
12-02-05, 09:03 PM
Since swing and miss hitters are so great in the playoffs, why don't we just add another one?!? (sarcasm)

brosiusbuddy
12-02-05, 09:28 PM

If the Yankees packaged Pavano and Duncan for Soriano and eat a large portion of Pavano's contract, this could work out lovely for all involved.

The Rangers are entertaining the idea of trading Hank Blalock, so Duncan could fit in to the 3B role, or be used in another trade elsewhere. Michael Young can remain at shortstop, and the Rangers could acquire someone like Tony Womack to fill the 2B hold left by Soriano. They'd get the speed with Womack back that they lost with Soriano.
There is enough time now where Alfonoso could work on playing CF over the winter and spring and develop into a good, speedy CF with a lot of pop in his bat.

I'd rather see something like this go down than something involving a superstar like Hunter which causes us to lose Wang and/or Cano.

Thoughts?

New York Yankees: "Hey Rangers, we'll give you Pavano and Duncan for Soriano."
Texas Rangers: "Add Wang and you got a deal."
New York Yankees: "No."

End of negotiations.

Dr. Gonzo
12-03-05, 10:23 AM
New York Yankees: "Hey Rangers, we'll give you Pavano and Duncan for Soriano."
Texas Rangers: "Add Wang and you got a deal."
New York Yankees: "No."

End of negotiations.
I think they would take pavano and duncan. And if they wouldn't f them. People think pavano is worse then small, and he is not. He had an off year, and if people think that his value is so low, then that is exactly why he should not be traded. Why does everyone want to trade people when their value is the lowest.

Everyone bitched about the team this year, and how we have all these over priced guys and we traded everyone away very quickly.

And now Boston makes a move, and so do the mets and people lose their minds. Their impulses demand that they make moves to match the mets or boston. This is the dumbest thing in the world, and a huge contradiction to everyone's opinions through the season.

This offseason is fun and very telling, people say that they want the homegrown team, they want to root for a team that plays together. But when they don't get their superstar and the yanks are being quiet (which they should because the market sucks), people are saying this is the worse post season ever.

For all of these george steinbrenner juniors, this is the behavior that makes yankee fans looks stupid, impatient, greedy, and many other negative things. Not that I care what other fans think, I just hate when yankee fans can't think with any common sense or logic. Try looking at the bigger picture and not just that back page.

Yankyfan
12-03-05, 10:40 AM
I don't care about what his numbers say I'd take Nix in a heartbeat..

NewEraYanks2527
12-03-05, 12:29 PM
I don't care about what his numbers say I'd take Nix in a heartbeat..
I'm with you on that one. When I close my eyes all I see is Soriano swinging at balls way out of the strikezone in the 2003 playoffs. Really I dont care to have him back on the team, especially if it costs anything more than money.

gdn
12-03-05, 01:09 PM
My sources close the Yankees say they are working on a deal which would involve trading Pavano, Wright, Small, Hughes and Duncan for David Dellucci.

Mark19
12-03-05, 01:12 PM
I think the most likely Texas trade target is a scrub like Laynce Nix or Gary Matthews Jr.

Iknowcool
12-03-05, 03:12 PM
Duncan had a bad AA year. But he was only 20, which is pretty young for that league. He could make the team out of ST this year.

AMYanks
12-03-05, 03:14 PM
Duncan had a bad AA year. But he was only 20, which is pretty young for that league. He could make the team out of ST this year.

Duncan needs to start the year at AA. He has to prove he can handle pitching on that level, first.