PDA

View Full Version : Cobb's teeth go to the Hall

Chris
05-29-01, 04:31 PM
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010529/sp/bbo_cobb_s_dentures_1.html

Ty Cobb Teeth Going to Cooperstown

SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - Ty Cobb's false teeth are going to Cooperstown.

The dentures, for which baseball memorabilia collector Karen Shemonsky paid $8,000 at an auction in 1999, will be displayed at the Baseball Hall of Fame for five months.

``This is such a thrill,'' she said. ``This was my dream. I always wanted to get them in Cooperstown.''

While the dentures could not be part of the baseball museum's exhibit on Cobb because the teeth had nothing to do with baseball, assistant curator Ted Spencer said the teeth were sure to be noticed by the thousands of visitors expected this summer.

``They're definitely significant, so unusual,'' Spencer said. ``It just shows what lengths collectors will go to.

``Most people should get a real kick out of it. And then there will be others who will be revolted by them. But it should be fun.''

Email this story -

Pinstriped Princess
05-29-01, 05:08 PM
Hmmmmm.... Don't you think Cobb might miss his teeth when he tries to eat a steak? ;)

Bub
05-30-01, 07:52 AM
Makes you wonder if he could eat corn on the cobb with them........ (boooooooooooooo)

JeanC
05-30-01, 12:41 PM
Would you call this "sic"???!!!

I mean its like displaying Trigger and Bullet both stuffed in the Roy Rogers Museum!

:)

KLJ
05-30-01, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by JeanC
Would you call this "sic"???!!!

I mean its like displaying Trigger and Bullet both stuffed in the Roy Rogers Museum!

:)

or dave dravecky's left arm

Chris
05-30-01, 12:49 PM
Or David Cone's career

seahorse
05-30-01, 04:41 PM
We could put them next to George Washington's false teeth. :cool:

SVT Cobra
05-30-01, 04:49 PM
lol, I guess some people think that's awesome :p

Spin

Slippery Elm
05-30-01, 07:51 PM
If Monty Stratton's peg leg there also?

See: "The Monty Stratton Story" starring Jimmy Stewart.

Didn't Yogi get his knees replaced? I'd like to see those, along with Joe Torre's prostate.

BTW, Dravecky's last pitch in the Majors, when his arm broke again, was as revolting as anything I've seen in MLB and ranks right up there with Bryce Florie's bloody mess.

# 21 Forever
05-30-01, 08:10 PM
Okay this is a little bit strange!

b-ball-lunachick
05-30-01, 08:33 PM
what am I missing? Did he hit a homerun off his teeth or catch a fly ball in his teeth? I just don't get it...If this is Karen's "thrill" and "dream", I think Karen leads a dull life, or needs some professional help!! :D.

Luvtino
05-30-01, 09:24 PM
How about Strawberry's colon?? :lol:

bagger015
05-30-01, 10:41 PM
I'd like to meet this broad and maybe she will pay me big bucks for my big toe that i stubbed on an old seat in macArthur stadium ( old Syracuse NY stadium ) years ago.
No huh!!!!! :lol:

Slippery Elm
05-30-01, 10:43 PM
:lol:

Doesn't that sound like a new kind of drink at a bar?
"A Strawberry's Colon".

Luvtino
05-31-01, 12:25 AM
Well if Joe's prostrate is going in so should Straw's colon. :lol:

MLBfan
05-31-01, 12:34 AM
I hope they clean them first.

Slippery Elm
05-31-01, 12:38 AM
Hope they clean that colon, too. Got a picture of that?? ;)

mish1019
05-31-01, 09:22 AM
a picture of the colon, or of someone cleaning the colon???? the former may be interesting, but the latter would be worth a thousand words....

JeanC
05-31-01, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
what am I missing? Did he hit a homerun off his teeth or catch a fly ball in his teeth? I just don't get it...If this is Karen's "thrill" and "dream", I think Karen leads a dull life, or needs some professional help!! :D.

:lol: "...catch a fly ball in his teeth" :lol:

That IS TOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!

Indeed this Karen Needs Help & Plenty of it!!!

:D

Mish I loved your reply too!!! :lol: :lol:

:D

Winger03
05-31-01, 11:32 AM
Isn't kind of poetic......

A man who beat out many infield chops for singles has his choppers in the HOF......

AMC
05-31-01, 12:18 PM
They could put his false teeth next to Mike Piazza's hair gel. ;)

Slippery Elm
05-31-01, 07:51 PM
I can't believe we all forgot this one:

Joe Pepitone's toupee, and hair dryer.

Stick Michael
05-31-01, 11:50 PM
How bout Donnie Moore's gun?!?

James

Slippery Elm
06-01-01, 01:37 AM
No, that's pretty sad. Moore killed himself and tried to kill his wife, that after blowing the '86 ALCS.

Let's keep it a little lighter. How about the shoe Ed Whitson kicked Billy Martin in the stomach with?

Ryne Duren's glasses?

ConnYankee
06-07-01, 09:43 PM
How about General Dan Sickles leg??

At the battle of Gettysburg in 1863, Sickles had his leg taken off by a cannon ball. Sickles survived, and lived until 1915. His lost gam was(and still is!) exhibited in a glass case at the Army Medical Museum in D.C.
Sickles used to visit his leg all the time. This is true!!
Needless to say, Dan Sickles was from NYC.
Don't know if he was a Yankees fan though........