PDA

View Full Version : Bucky Dent leaves Clippers to become Reds' bench coach

Jasbro
11-06-05, 07:34 PM
http://www.turnto10.com/mlb/5258278/detail.html

Two ex-Yankees are now running the Reds...

Reds Add Dent To Coaching Staff

POSTED: 12:42 pm EST November 5, 2005

Cincinnati, OH -- The Cincinnati Reds have announced that Bucky Dent will take over as the club's bench coach.

Dent, who will also handle infield coaching duties, spent the last three seasons in the New York Yankees farm system managing the Columbus Clippers.

"He's an outstanding teacher and was an outstanding defensive player," Reds manager Jerry Narron said of Dent. "He played the game fundamentally right. He's known for one home run, but he played the game the way it's supposed to be played."

survelvn
11-06-05, 07:43 PM
Chambliss is also with them. Guess they have a thing for Yankees who have hit big postseason homeruns...

Evil Empire
11-06-05, 07:54 PM
Good for him! :)

Babe Rules
11-06-05, 09:13 PM
Good Luck Bucky!

Dooley Womack
11-06-05, 10:40 PM
Good luck to him, though I won't lose any sleep.

Rich
11-06-05, 10:54 PM
I thought Dent was becoming "The Creature Who Wouldn't Leave."

Dooley Womack
11-06-05, 11:05 PM
I thought Dent was becoming "The Creature Who Wouldn't Leave."

He'll probably return to the Yanks by mid-March.

DontHateOnNumber2
11-06-05, 11:17 PM
Congrats Bucky! Or should I say good luck? :eek:

Sixty one
11-07-05, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Bucky is a manager in the big leagues within the next year. :P

TinoFan84
11-07-05, 12:07 PM
I got to meet Bucky very briefly this summer (my sister lives in Columbus and knows him), got a quick pic with him of me and my son, and also got an autograph ... sounds like it's a good thing I got it when I did ... I wish him luck, he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Wonder who gets the Clippers now?

NYYRocket
11-09-05, 03:27 PM
good luck Bucky

kjamidon
11-09-05, 09:16 PM
I got to meet Bucky very briefly this summer (my sister lives in Columbus and knows him), got a quick pic with him of me and my son, and also got an autograph ... sounds like it's a good thing I got it when I did ... I wish him luck, he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Wonder who gets the Clippers now?

good to read a good story about Bucky, for the most part at the park he is rude--anyway good luck to him and here come Billy Masse--kj