PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Chicago White Sox!

ring403
10-26-05, 11:09 PM
Congrats to the White Sox and all of their long suffering fans! Your team played one of the best postseasons in the history of the game. The games were all alot of fun to watch, and the Sox definitely deserve the title of World Champions. Enjoy the feeling! :clap:

Stupid Flanders
10-26-05, 11:10 PM
Great effort, great execution, great pitching.

Enjoy it. We'll be gunning for you in 2006.

Luvtino
10-26-05, 11:15 PM
Congrats to the WS and their fans!! They played some great baseball this ps and they are very deserving winners. I hope all involved enjoy this year. It's special. And a nod to the old Yankees who succeeded with their new team. Cheers to all!! :cheer: :gulp:

jimmykey2
10-26-05, 11:16 PM
They won... good for them.

How many days until Spring Training?

Soriambi
10-26-05, 11:16 PM
Congrats to the White Sox and their fans. :)

MassNYYfan
10-26-05, 11:17 PM
Red Sox...White Sox...if the Cubs win next year I ain't going for that "You can't script October" thing anymore. :lol:

Congrats, White Sox. :)

Circle Change
10-26-05, 11:17 PM
The White Sox play great baseball and take full advantage of any breaks thrown their way. Look at their record in one-run games this season, have a peak at what ocurred after every "break" they had go their way in the post-season. It was just meant to be for them this year.

wileedog
10-26-05, 11:18 PM
Shoeless Joe sleeps better tonight. Gratz Sox.

Is it Spring Training yet?

38Special
10-26-05, 11:20 PM
Clutch Hitting rules supreme!

Mattpat11
10-26-05, 11:22 PM
Im just glad this Godforsaken season is over.

wexy
10-26-05, 11:23 PM
Great job by the White Sox.

YankeeClemens22
10-26-05, 11:23 PM
Congrats to the White Sox!

penfold
10-26-05, 11:24 PM
Congrats to the White Sox. They really were the best team this year.

Espinosa's Glasses
10-26-05, 11:25 PM
White Sox? Blaaah who really cares... Rebirth of the Hot Stove Forum...

For real though, watching this series was like listening to the Sounds of the Ocean Mixtape

NYYBombshell
10-26-05, 11:33 PM
Congrats White Sox!! You just made my friends' lives. :)

JDPNYY
10-26-05, 11:34 PM
I still don't think the White Sox will win the AL Central this season.

Archer1979
10-26-05, 11:35 PM
Congrats to the White Sox and all their fans!!!

I can truly appreciate what you folks are feeling right now and it was one of the reasons I was pulling for you in the World Series.

Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the year. It's an incredible feeling!

Congratulations!

Stupid Flanders
10-26-05, 11:36 PM
you beat me by seconds

I hate you ring403

JDPNYY
10-26-05, 11:37 PM
you beat me by seconds

I hate you ring403

You are excellent at starting new threads second.

Archer1979
10-26-05, 11:42 PM
You are excellent at starting new threads second.

You'd figure by now he'd have found so many other reasons to hate Ring403.

NYYBombshell
10-26-05, 11:43 PM
My best friend was interviewed on WGN earlier!! She had champagne being dumped on her while the guy was trying to shove the mike in her face so she could talk. :lol:

ring403
10-26-05, 11:44 PM
you beat me by seconds

I hate you ring403
I guess I won't be getting a Congratulations thread.

Yankees Empire
10-26-05, 11:44 PM
Congratulations to the Chicago White Sox on their first World Series victory since the construction of the Great Pyramids (or bloody close to it!).

At least White Sox fans weren't inclined to the prolonged histrionics and obnoxious sniveling of that other franchise which recently ended a lengthy World Series drought.

Ever see an onslaught of drama from White Sox fans because of their years of futility? Ever see a cadre of masochistic media types whaling about how poor and downtrodden the White Sox were? No.

What we saw were a group of quite and patient fans, never thinking a moment like this would come, quietly bearing their burden without the accompanying nonsense present in a certain other "Nation."

Now, I'm sure we'll see a slew of 3rd-rate books and a P.O.S. movie released about how White Sox fans have "suffered for so long!!!" What's that? We won't see these things? Well, frankly, good.

Do me one favor, please, fans of the White Sox, please spare us the similar nonsense we saw druing the winter of 2004. Please resist the urge to appear on a depraved cable TV make-over show. Please don't rent out the World Series trophy as a barnstorming time-share. Please try, though the urge must be great, to resist turning your victory into a side show.

Most of all, White Sox people, and fans of every other team, watch your ass come 2006. The Yankee juggernaut is gunnin' at you.

Once again, props to Chicago and the White Sox.

Firmly in cheek,
Y.E.

ring403
10-26-05, 11:45 PM
You'd figure by now he'd have found so many other reasons to hate Ring403.
Now THAT would be the Longest Thread Ever.

Archer1979
10-26-05, 11:47 PM
Now THAT would be the Longest Thread Ever.

:lol:

Jim would have ad companies lining up to sponsor it!

JDPNYY
10-26-05, 11:48 PM
I guess I won't be getting a Congratulations thread.

I think you'll get a Congratulations Thread, just not a second one moments later by Flanders.

WebsterMulligan
10-26-05, 11:48 PM
Congrats to the Chicago White Sox! That team knows how to play good baseball.

To cubhater, Cuban Connection and all the other ChiSox fans who frequent this board, enjoy! :gulp:

BillBuckner
10-26-05, 11:49 PM
Congrats to both teams. No one deserved to lose this series.

BillBuckner
10-26-05, 11:50 PM
Someone should send this thread to a White Sox fan site.

-tz
10-26-05, 11:55 PM
Congrats to the White Sox! :D

http://users.erols.com/kcoblenz/102605Jenks1.JPG

BroadwayBomber55
10-27-05, 12:05 AM
Congrats to the White Sox. Also, props to the Astros.

WashingtonYankee
10-27-05, 12:07 AM
Congrats to them!!! :) Now, I hope that it doesn't keep on going down.. you know 1918, 1917... and dear God don't let it be the winners from 1916! (The Red Sox!)

Anyways, CONGRATS TO THE WHITE SOX.

**I feel so bad because I haven't even watched any of the series really closely and my man, Garcia pitched tonight! But I'm really happy for him! Way to go Freddy!!!!**

BobbyMurcerFan
10-27-05, 12:07 AM
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :clap: :clap: :rockin:

A long wait (understatement or what) and WELL deserved! WTG!!!

YankeeinCT
10-27-05, 12:08 AM
The White Sox deserved their win. They played with their hearts on their sleeves. What a gutsy team. The Yankees can learn a thing or two from them as they head into their next seasons. I know this wasn't a widely viewed World Series but I enjoyed watching the White Sox play.

Sheff_Rod
10-27-05, 12:09 AM
I hate the White Sox.

But Congrats to El Duque.

DeputyFife
10-27-05, 12:11 AM
11-1 postseason record. Impressive!!

BroadwayBomber55
10-27-05, 12:15 AM
Who would've thought Tadahito Iguchi won his first World Series ring before Ichiro and Godzilla?

BroadwayBomber55
10-27-05, 12:19 AM
My best friend was interviewed on WGN earlier!! She had champagne being dumped on her while the guy was trying to shove the mike in her face so she could talk. :lol:

Do you have the video footage?

JapanJobbers
10-27-05, 12:25 AM
Red Sox...White Sox...if the Cubs win next year I ain't going for that "You can't script October" thing anymore. :lol:

Congrats, White Sox. :)

If the Cubs win next year I see it more as a sign that the Apocalypse is approaching.

knickfan23
10-27-05, 12:32 AM
11-1 postseason record. Impressive!!

They join the 99 Yankees with that distinction. Like the Red Sox last year, they won their final 8 playoff games.

When are the Yanks-White Sox games in 2006. Looks like we have our target for next year.

NYYBombshell
10-27-05, 12:34 AM
Do you have the video footage?

I didn't have time to find a blank tape, pop it in, and press record. I was studying for some quizzes with WGN on in the background and I heard her voice and I looked up and there she was. It was like 10 seconds.

Stan Musial
10-27-05, 02:17 AM
Congrats to the White Sox..well-deserved and well-played.

Jackson, Cicotte, Williams, Risberg, Weaver, Gandil, Felsch, McMullin--you guys can relax now.

IncredibleByNature
10-27-05, 02:27 AM
Congrats White Sox! :gulp: :clap:

CalYankeeFan
10-27-05, 02:58 AM
Great Job! Great pitching, Great Defense, Timely hitting and a few breaks! All in all, I think it was the closest sweep I've seen...all the games were outstanding! Too bad the Astros seemed to catch the timely hitting disease - a few hits here and there and it easily could have been a sweep the other way...at least the Astros showed up this year unlike the Cardinals...

CalYankeeFan
10-27-05, 02:59 AM
I know this wasn't a widely viewed World Series but I enjoyed watching the White Sox play.

We should never confuse mass appeal with quality...it was a great series....better than a sweep would usually indicate.

Dave Visbeck
10-27-05, 03:59 AM
Very Nice. I am so very happy for the Chicago White Sox.

Something I happily find that is very interesting about the White Sox winning the World Series. :D

Take a look at the past and now.

Sox Sox everywhere
Surrounding each other here and there
Pushing any curse off to the side
Living in the past gone into the night

What comes around goes around
As everyone will see
BoSox fans and ChiSox fans could agree
Will it happen again

Again it will I can promise you that
For the fans that wear the Yankee hat
One more year for all to see
A BoSox year... it will certainly be

The Red Sox fan Dave dreaming away
Many years have come and gone I can say
When you're looking for hope and for any way
My hope is for this - and that's all I will say

1915 Boston Red Sox - World Champions
1916 Boston Red Sox - World Champions
1917 Chicago White Sox - World Champions
1918 Boston Red Sox - World Champions

2004 Boston Red Sox - World Champions
2005 Chicago White Sox - World Champions
2006 Boston Red Sox - World Champions
Now let it be... for all to see... I pray. http://xs12.xs.to/pics/05035/icon_old.gif

Evil Empire
10-27-05, 06:48 AM
Congrats on the 2005 championship,for sweeping the Astros, and for knocking out the Red Sox and Angels.

Babe Rules
10-27-05, 07:06 AM
Congrats to CWS! :clap: :gulp:

Mezmerize
10-27-05, 07:23 AM
Fantastic baseball played by the White Sox leads them to first World Title in 88 years. Absolutely phenomenal season for the South-Siders. Great job and the AL East looks forward to ripping that League Championship from you in 2006. For now, enjoy your spoils and we'll see you in spring training. Congrats to Ozzie as well for a job well done.

mjdlight
10-27-05, 07:37 AM
Congrats to the White Sox, job well done, and their victory will surely provide some interesting winter time talk in the sabermetric circles.

I do feel for the Cubs and their fans today though. They have just three seasons to avoid going ofer a century.

locklandworth
10-27-05, 08:29 AM
Congrats White Sox!!

I also think we could learn a thing or two from this team, look what they did with a 60 million dollar payroll.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-27-05, 08:51 AM
Well done White Sox. :badass: You know Duque had some fat Cubans ready for this moment!

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
10-27-05, 08:52 AM
Congrats White Sox!!

I also think we could learn a thing or two from this team, look what they did with a 60 million dollar payroll.

It's something that the Yankees used to do quite well. You know, timely hitting, above average defense, stuff like that.

surge511
10-27-05, 09:05 AM
They deserve this World Series. They haven't won for so long, and they really were the best team in baseball all year. As much as I would have liked to see NY win it, I am happy for the White Sox.

gk1272
10-27-05, 09:23 AM
Congrats White Sox...hope they handle their first champsionship in over 80 years with class and dignity...

Sam18
10-27-05, 09:24 AM
Congrats to the whitesox. They pwned everyone on their way to the title. It must suck to be a cubs fan today.

BTW remember when everyone wanted to play the whitesox in the playoffs? :lol:

Sam18
10-27-05, 09:25 AM
Congrats White Sox...hope they handle their first champsionship in over 80 years with class and dignity...

Nah they'll be taking shots at Chone Figgins in spring training.

gk1272
10-27-05, 09:47 AM
or Vlad..."that Vlad, he's not a real Angel!"

Boogiedown Bomber
10-27-05, 09:52 AM
Props on the Chicago White Sox for the unbelievable run in the playoffs.

rkh5donkey
10-27-05, 09:56 AM
Congratulations Sox. You were a formidable opponent to all whom you faced. Enjoy your triumph.

Congratulations also to the Houston Astros, whose performance was much better than the sweep might indicate. You have brought pride to the city of Houston.

35Knucklecurve
10-27-05, 10:55 AM
They managed to re-group from what appeared to be a season-ending choke, went on a tear and never looked back. Chicago is a great sports city and I'm happy for the fans as well as the White Sox. Barring injuries, they should be right back in it again next year. Well done, guys!

Bodu713
10-27-05, 12:02 PM
Congratulations White Sox and their fans!! First place everyday since opening day, not sure we'll see that again for a quite a while. When Posednik hits two HR's in the postseason you know it's their year.
Will MLB now put out a White Sox dvd set too? ;)

DontHateOnNumber2
10-27-05, 12:07 PM
Congrats Chicago White Sox, you finally won a championship and on the way knocked out the former defending champ Boston Red Sox, the LA Angels of Anaheim, and made sure those turncoats (j/k!)...ummm other former Yankee pitchers Andy Pettitte and Roger Clemens didn't win another ring, but that didn't mean they played in vain. Congrats to Houston from clawing it through the season to make it this far. The White Sox, from almost missing the playoffs to World Champions, who would've thought it could happen? :clap: