PDA

View Full Version : Macha will not return to A's

ryanm1058123
10-05-05, 03:06 PM
http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20051005&content_id=1238823&vkey=news_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

A figurehead manager at its best... Ken Macha should find a nice job somewhere.

lem
10-05-05, 03:08 PM
What exactly did he do besides hit-and-run when Beane told him never to?

sox jedi 14
10-05-05, 03:15 PM
This team is run by its GM anyway. Not a big deal.

terminator
10-05-05, 03:16 PM
This team is run by its GM anyway. Not a big deal.

Exactly - who is the bench coach btw? He's probably going to get the job.

SoCal Pinstriper
10-05-05, 03:52 PM
My guess would be that Macha will be a Dodger very soon. He has the two prime characteristics that they'll be looking for:

1. Willing to work cheap.

2. Willing to follow orders from above

As a bonus, he has had enough success at the Major League level so as to avoid a potential Dodger fanbase explosion were they to hire a complete no-name.

somejerk
10-05-05, 04:25 PM
Gammons on 'EEI said Macha would be lucky to find another job after turning down the A's.

ieddyi
10-05-05, 05:07 PM
Gammons on 'EEI said Macha would be lucky to find another job after turning down the A's.

I wonder if that got Franconas attention

Yanks21
10-05-05, 05:47 PM
My guess is that Ron Washington becomes the A's manager...

Macha will wind-up somewhere...

jimmyclark
10-06-05, 03:00 AM

In 2002 Macha was the hot managerial prospect. Now he is suspect. I don't know if I really understand Oakland's thinking. They had a far better year thna anyone thought they would be, despite Crosby's injuries and they let their manager go?? Perhaps they know something we don't but it is puzzling. If Billy Beane has problems getting his managers to follow his philosphy, perhaps he should take over the job as well.

Huktonfonix
10-06-05, 04:12 AM
Isn't Macha from Pittsburgh? There's an opening here with McClendon gone, and the Pirates have shown that they'll go for cheap rather than competent any day of the week, and twice on sundays.

SoCal Pinstriper
10-06-05, 05:13 AM
Isn't Macha from Pittsburgh? There's an opening here with McClendon gone, and the Pirates have shown that they'll go for cheap rather than competent any day of the week, and twice on sundays.Out here, they're saying that Jim Tracy is all but hired at Pitts.

utopiapkwy
10-06-05, 10:21 AM
Why do they hire a manager at all in Oakland if he isnt allowed to do anything. Advertise it as an unpaid internship and you can keep the gear.

SoCal Pinstriper
10-06-05, 03:07 PM
Why do they hire a manager at all in Oakland if he isnt allowed to do anything. Advertise it as an unpaid internship and you can keep the gear.I've always liked their uniforms. ;)

Archer1979
10-06-05, 03:32 PM
Why do they hire a manager at all in Oakland if he isnt allowed to do anything. Advertise it as an unpaid internship and you can keep the gear.

:lol: