PDA

View Full Version : Who's It Going To Be?



CalifYanksFan
05-22-01, 09:27 AM
Take your pick for the Stanley Cup hockey fans. Who's it going to be and in how many games?

Ansky39
05-22-01, 10:05 AM
jumpin the gun a bit but i'll take the devils in 6...

allybear
05-22-01, 12:00 PM
Russ - I wasn't aware the Eastern Conference finals were over - I could have sworn there was a game tonight! :confused:

Did I miss something?!? :confused: Shouldn't the last line say NJ Devils or Pittsburgh Penguins?!? :confused:

Don't count your (or our fearless leader's) chickens before they're hatched! :mad:

Keep smiling and Let's Go Pens...:)

Jim F.
05-22-01, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by allybear
Russ - I wasn't aware the Eastern Conference finals were over - I could have sworn there was a game tonight! :confused:

Did I miss something?!? :confused: Shouldn't the last line say NJ Devils or Pittsburgh Penguins?!? :confused:

Don't count your (or our fearless leader's) chickens before they're hatched! :mad:

Keep smiling and Let's Go Pens...:)
Ahh hah ha ha!!

I thought the same thing, and I thought it was hillarious! :lol: :lol:!!!

-jim

b-ball-lunachick
05-22-01, 01:04 PM
yikes, Russ!! What are you doing to us? I'm so superstitious!! ugh!! If you jinx the Devils, I may hop a plane to California to have a little chat with you!! :D

I can't vote...hopefully I will be after tonight...;)

allybear
05-22-01, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
yikes, Russ!! What are you doing to us? I'm so superstitious!! ugh!! If you jinx the Devils, I may hop a plane to California to have a little chat with you!! :D

I hadn't even thought of the "jinx" theory - Russ, I knew I liked you for a reason!!! ;)

Keep smiling and let's go Pens...:)

ajc9goyanks
05-22-01, 07:56 PM
The 'Lanche got it all. They can roll four lines just like the Devs. They have defense pairings the likes of which you find in the Hall. They have one of the all time best goaltenders. They can match the Devs all over the ice, and they have something more....Old Man Borque wants to drink from Lord Stanley. Can you say motivation?

Avs in 6

b-ball-lunachick
05-22-01, 08:49 PM
No jinx, Russ...too bad I won't be getting those frequent flyer miles, lol!! :D

Devils in 7....this isn't going to be easy!! :)

CalifYanksFan
05-22-01, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
No jinx, Russ...too bad I won't be getting those frequent flyer miles, lol!! :D

Devils in 7....this isn't going to be easy!! :)

That's my vote to luna. For the Av's to do what they did to St. Louis, without Peter Forsberg, is incredible. However, I think that New Jersey's smothering defensive scheme will eventually do in the Avalanche.

Ansky39
05-23-01, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
No jinx, Russ...too bad I won't be getting those frequent flyer miles, lol!! :D

Devils in 7....this isn't going to be easy!! :)

7??? you're makin' me nervous here luna... i'm thinking about lettin' the $150 i won against the pens ride agaisnt the avs... haven't found any takers yet, but i will...

whaddaya think??? keep the &150 or take a shot at $300 against the avs???

decisions, decisions...

b-ball-lunachick
05-23-01, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Ansky39


7??? you're makin' me nervous here luna... i'm thinking about lettin' the $150 i won against the pens ride agaisnt the avs... haven't found any takers yet, but i will...

whaddaya think??? keep the &150 or take a shot at $300 against the avs???

decisions, decisions...

LOL, ansky!! At what point do I start getting a commission for all these tips? :lol: I think I even talked you OUT of betting against the Lakers -- I should get some kind of reverse, "didn't lose my shirt" commission!! :lol:

The Devils get NO respect -- I understand that Cone pitching at the Stadium is a big story, but is it bigger than the Devils going back to the Cup Finals? The Daily News thought so (not the NY Post I must admit) -- The backpage headline on the News was "Cone Home" (as much as I loved Coney when he was here, we all know NY was a pitstop, not a home)...okay, got that off my chest, thanks!! :D

don't be nervous -- I have this superstition about being overconfident...and this is the first time in a few years where the top seeds of both the East and the West have made it to the Cup Finals...

The Devils seemed to get it together this past series, and they are playing the best hockey consistently that they've played in awhile...their Dee is great --not easy to shut down Lemieux and Jagr completely, goaltending is great and has playoff/Cup experience...and they have three very good lines and one great line...they've beaten Colorado the two times they played them this year pretty handily, but the Penguins know how much that means in the playoffs...

Having said all that, the Avalanche without Forsberg is still an awesome team that matches up well with the Devils...that's why I say seven...I think this will be a great series -- but it's still Devils in 7!! :D

I say put up the money -- it's all house money at this point anyway, right? I will feel guilty if they lose though...

Ansky39
05-23-01, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
LOL, ansky!! At what point do I start getting a commission for all these tips? :lol: I think I even talked you OUT of betting against the Lakers -- I should get some kind of reverse, "didn't lose my shirt" commission!! :lol:

yeah you did save me from the spurs too.. ok, ok, how about a 10% commish... even boras don't get that much...


Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
The Devils get NO respect -- I understand that Cone pitching at the Stadium is a big story, but is it bigger than the Devils going back to the Cup Finals? The Daily News thought so (not the NY Post I must admit) -- The backpage headline on the News was "Cone Home" (as much as I loved Coney when he was here, we all know NY was a pitstop, not a home)...okay, got that off my chest, thanks!! :D

the daily snooze sucks... stick w/ the post and you'll be ok...


Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
don't be nervous -- I have this superstition about being overconfident...

yeah i got ya... i feel the same way w/ the yanks, giants and sigh, the knicks



Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
I say put up the money -- it's all house money at this point anyway, right? I will feel guilty if they lose though...

yeah that's the only way to bet, w/ house dough... ok, it's a done deal... gotta get on the horn and place my dough... expect you're commish in the mail after SIX...

b-ball-lunachick
05-24-01, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Ansky39


yeah you did save me from the spurs too.. ok, ok, how about a 10% commish... even boras don't get that much...

yeah that's the only way to bet, w/ house dough... ok, it's a done deal... gotta get on the horn and place my dough... expect you're commish in the mail after SIX...

yes, ansky -- but boras is negotiating much bigger sums of money!! Make it 15% and you've got a deal!! :D

Ansky39
05-24-01, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick


yes, ansky -- but boras is negotiating much bigger sums of money!! Make it 15% and you've got a deal!! :D

deal... i got $200 on the devs... that'll be $400 clams minus 15% equals what $340 for me and $60 for my trusted agent... if, uh, when we win, i'll have to start calling you luna-greenspan ;)

b-ball-lunachick
05-24-01, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Ansky39


deal... i got $200 on the devs... that'll be $400 clams minus 15% equals what $340 for me and $60 for my trusted agent... if, uh, when we win, i'll have to start calling you luna-greenspan ;)

LOL, Ansky...:lol: luna-greenspan, I like it!! :D

But I just realized, this is kind of like me indirectly betting on my team, which is NEVER good for me...so I'll waive my 15% for the Devils series...it will only apply for tips I give other than the Yankees, Devils, Giants or Knicks...you're making out on this deal big time!! :D

JeanC
05-30-01, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ansky39


deal... i got $200 on the devs... that'll be $400 clams minus 15% equals what $340 for me and $60 for my trusted agent... if, uh, when we win, i'll have to start calling you luna-greenspan ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you have a new name Luna!! If your that good Ill be calling on you soon! :lol: Ive got a few bills I could use the money! :D

I mysefl would love to see NJ whip the High Altitude Colorado team!

:D

DandyRandy48
05-30-01, 04:35 PM
................ the Devils...

It was all luck and everyone knows it....

To the Devils... :finger1:

b-ball-lunachick
05-30-01, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Cat Man
................ the Devils...

It was all luck and everyone knows it....

To the Devils... :finger1:

now is there any need for that kind of profanity? please Catman...

b-ball-lunachick
05-30-01, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by JeanC


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you have a new name Luna!! If your that good Ill be calling on you soon! :lol: Ive got a few bills I could use the money! :D

I mysefl would love to see NJ whip the High Altitude Colorado team!

:D

LOL, Jean...Luna Greenspan does have a snappy ring to it, huh? I'll give you a break on my fee since we share the name Jeanne, lol!! :lol:

By the way, if the Devils win and this betting doesn't jinx my team, I'm changing my mind about taking my 20% afterall...otherwise, Ansky will have to pony up some other form of payment...Yankee tickets sound pretty good, what do you think? :lol:

jojos_2
05-30-01, 09:09 PM
Go Devils!!!!! :D

Ansky39
05-30-01, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by b-ball-lunachick
Ansky will have to pony up some other form of payment...

"some" form of payment? http://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/otn/glasses/icon20.gif

name the game...

the devils in 6...

bagger015
05-30-01, 10:50 PM
sabers in 6. oops not listed :lol:

JeanC
06-01-01, 12:30 AM
Whoops looks like the High Altitude is paying off off!

New Jersey lost this one too! :(

Maybe tomorrow night???

Although Borque set a new record! Nice when you get that old and youve never played in a Stanley Cup final to final get to and even set a record.

Ok Come On Lets Wake Up New Jersey D's!!!

:)

DandyRandy48
06-01-01, 03:46 PM
Avs in 5. Those bee-otchs that call themselves the Devils got lucky in game 2...

GO AVS!!!

uconnhoopz123
12-14-03, 08:45 AM
i still have hope in the rangers but with those two i think the devils in 6