PDA

View Full Version : NBA Draft fixed?? NBA wants Jordan back.

Slippery Elm
05-20-01, 07:12 PM
Several days ago I heard on Sporting News Radio that, because Michael Jordan is connected to the Wizards - and the NBA has lower TV ratings this year - the draft will be fixed to make sure that team wins. The reason? Make it more likely Michael Jordan will return next year. Well, I just saw the draft, and lo and behold, the Wizards won! Is the fix in? Strange coincidence?

BTW, all this was speculated on two days before thefdraft on SNR by Papa Joe Chevalier.

KLJ
05-21-01, 05:11 PM
being a bullets fan for years, i have seen them get screwed year after year in this lottery system.. this is the 1st year ever that we were actually helped in any way by the lottery.. in fact, the vast majority of the time, the bullets have lost draft position because of this system..

i guess the point i am trying to make is that if you believe the fix is on this year, than it is only fair to assume the fix was on the last 10 years as well.. that the nba did not want the bullets to do well.. it's funny that the organization that has been completely snake bit for years on end finally catches a break and people start to question the honesty of the system..

it's understood that the post was phrased as a question and not an outright accusation, but it's frustrating to me none the less.. that people would all of a sudden question the integrity of the league.. i didn't see anyone questioning the system while we were getting screwed year in and year out.. if the fix was on, good.. it's the least the league can do for the bullets for bending them over the table all these years..

Slippery Elm
05-21-01, 07:41 PM
If there was ONE top player available to be dratfed it might be more suspicious. But the first five or so available players are interchangeable in talent.

KLJ
05-22-01, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Slippery Elm
If there was ONE top player available to be dratfed it might be more suspicious. But the first five or so available players are interchangeable in talent.
i agree.. i would like the bullets to drop down if they can find any takers.. pick up another #1 next year.. they need all the young talent they can get..