PDA

View Full Version : Armando Benitez -- Meltdown?

b-ball-lunachick
05-08-01, 01:20 PM
I never wish physical harm on any player, because I don't think it's right, and I do believe in karma...however, when a player I despise seems to start experiencing a meltdown in performance, I guiltily admit to taking some pleasure there. Last year, I wanted to win the World Series in the worst way, but thought that the Mets were generally a likeable team....except for Wendell, and of course Benitez. I was thrilled when Benitez blew the save in Game 1...who knows how that game, or arguably the Series would have played out after that inning...it seemed to be a turning point....

Since then, Benitez had some questionable domestic problems which I think have been dropped, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this punk was guilty of beating up a woman.

Last night, Benitez gave up his fourth homerun in 3 games, and allowed four runs on five hits in the ninth inning....we all know what kind of a postseason pitcher he is, but it seems he's now having problems closing out games in May...am I alone in hoping this punk continues his decline?

Oh, and thank God for Mariano!! :D

Luvtino
05-08-01, 02:14 PM
I actually like watching the Mets lose. :lol:

He almost blew the game big time last night and he had a 5 run lead going into the 9th which I think may have been the problem. I don't think he pitches well with a big lead, but does better when it's a true save situation.

Chris
05-08-01, 02:18 PM
Couldn't hapen to a nicer guy

ab25
05-08-01, 02:30 PM
heehee... i don't like him at all!! i guess if someone hit a line drive back at him and it hit him in, say, the back, i might not laugh or anything. but i wouldn't feel particularly bad about it either.

i made the mistake of asking my roommate (who likes the mets) how many runs actually constitutes a lead at Coors somewhere around the fifth inning... when Benitez came in and imploded, i was told that it would be my fault if they went down.... LOL.... i'll have to try that one again....

bombergirl
05-08-01, 03:38 PM
Well, I must admit, while I'm not really angry at Benitez anymore, I still don't care to see his face. I've watched a few Mets games when the Yankees had off days, but if Benitez appeared on the mound I've changed the channel. But if he's getting shelled, then maybe I can stomach watching it.

Which reminds me of when my mom found an old Subway Series Metrocard with no more money on it. She asked if I wanted it as a souvenir. I considered it, until I saw it was an Armando Benitez card! I told my mom "uh, you can have it..." :P

B "I believe in karma too" G :)

WindRavenX
05-08-01, 08:01 PM
Ew. Why'd they put his ugly ass mug on the metrocards?
That's simply a disgrace to all humankind !
They probably even did Piazza too! :scared:

Shel
05-08-01, 10:38 PM
Armando Benitez? Grrrrrrrr...

Don't get me started............ &po'd&

WindRavenX
05-08-01, 11:32 PM
Whoa..Shel, O's fans hate him too?

Shel
05-09-01, 10:39 AM
1997 ALCS...Mussina had 15 K's and an ERA below 1...game is deadlocked at 0-0...exit Moose, enter Armando...BOOM! home run, Indians...the Tribe wins, and Moose's brilliant effort is wasted.

And Shel was planning Benitez's untimely demise.......

&po'd&

No Windy, O's fans aren't fond of the guy.

JeanC
05-09-01, 06:51 PM
A Meltdown for Benitez???!!!

Gee I hope Deservedly So!!! :lol:

:D

Bluesexy's daddy
05-10-01, 04:35 PM
That was NOT his first "domestic" problem.

He has always struck me as a selfish slob. Most wife beaters and child abusers are.

I would love to see him have a poor year. He is about as loveable as a sack of scorpions.

KayForPresident
05-10-01, 05:19 PM
He's a choker...always has been, always will be.

Choker...Punk...Loser...Sissy...you name it.

KENMonteSS86
05-10-01, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Luvtino
I actually like watching the Mets lose.

Heck, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to watch the Mets lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I root for two teams: The Yankees, and whoever's playing the Mets!!!

Rule # 1: If you like one team in a city that has 2 teams, you MUST hate the other--and I HATE THE FRIGGIN' METS with a PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every year, before the start of the season, I pray the Yanks win the World Series, and the Mets go 0 and 162!!!! I NEVER EVER EVER want to see them win!!!!

Go Yanks!!!!!

Shel
05-10-01, 06:58 PM
So, KENMonteSS86, tell us how you really feel about the Mets -- and don't sugar coat it!

:lol:

CJM
05-10-01, 07:16 PM
Do all the genius Met fans still think he's better than

<------------------------

:lol:

madforyanks
05-12-01, 09:30 AM
I, too, love watching the Mets lose (although I have developed a certain affection for a few of their players, particularly Leiter and Franco).

I loathe Benitez. I have NOT forgiven him for what he did to Tino because I think he's truly that kind of a guy. Someday he'll really going to hurt someone, whether it's a woman or an opposing player.

I hope he decompensates and deteriorates until he's out of baseball. I enjoy seeing him blow saves, lose games, and get taken yard!

#1Coneyfan
05-12-01, 09:43 AM
I hate this man with a passion. I can't tell you how gratifying it was to watch Paulie get a walk of him after 10 pitches in the WS. When Paulie came out to the field next inning we gave him a standing-O and he waved to us. I finally felt we got back at him for what he did to BamTino :NY:

mish1019
05-14-01, 02:58 PM
Benitez - ugh. in my book - he ranks right up there with griffey - just another punk-ass little ................. did you hear he helped destroy the giants clubhouse because he blew the save? :lol:

b-ball-lunachick
05-14-01, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by mish1019
Benitez - ugh. in my book - he ranks right up there with griffey - just another punk-ass little ................. did you hear he helped destroy the giants clubhouse because he blew the save? :lol:

LOL, Mish...just read your post!! :lol: seems like the Mets are going to be doing a lot of redecorating this year, huh? :lol:

I'm glad I'm not alone in my distaste for this punk...did anyone see that interview when he first got to the Mets, right before the first regular season Mets/Yanks Series that year? He blamed the Tino beaning on the coach, I think it was Miller at the time...but I'll never forget Tino bent over yelling at him, and him motioning to Tino like c'mon, come get me...Punk-ass!

DWathome
05-14-01, 04:26 PM
Benetiz is a Met, that's where he belongs. :p

Slippery Elm
05-14-01, 09:06 PM
I'll bet his girlfriend is scared to death when this bum comes home after blowing another game! :scared:

NYY24
05-15-01, 04:21 PM
After what he did to Tino,believe me I hope every lousy thing that can happen to a pitcher happens to that fat,ugly,loudmouthed,ignorant B-----d.
Other than that I wish him well.