PDA

View Full Version : Giving Up My Team

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-05, 01:15 PM
I very much apologize but I'm force to give up my team this year. My new work obligations prevent me from being a competitive manager. Therefore, I'd rather pass the team on to someone who will be active. I hate the teams that sit on the bottom with no manager interaction. To the league, I apologize. To the person who wants the team, just write back here (if this is all OK by the league) and i'll change the sportsline info to yours.

Once again I aplogize and hope to have some more "free time" in the future.

Hitman23
04-07-05, 01:21 PM
How dare you. I for one am utterly disgusted with this turn of events.

pfft.

yanksphan
04-07-05, 01:22 PM
Sorry to see you go, but thanks for doing it this way.

Can I have it? :evil: ;)

boo_427
04-07-05, 01:22 PM
No way around this?

Sorry to hear you can't play.

Hitman23
04-07-05, 01:27 PM
It's because Eric has BO, isn't it.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-05, 01:27 PM
No way around this?

Sorry to hear you can't play.

I'd love to continue, but like the past 3 days and 26 of the next 40, i will be "on the road". Vegas, Seattle, Phoenix, Orlando. It's just too hard to pay attention to baseball and be an active member, and I hate to let the team just "die". My 16 game season ticket package companion isn't too happy about it either. :) If the league would rather me keep it up i'd be happy to do so, but I'm just afraid i'd sacrifice some of the competition.

Big_E
04-07-05, 01:29 PM
It's because Eric has BO, isn't it.

:lol: Bastich. You said it wasn't that noticable.

NYDCYankee
04-07-05, 01:30 PM
So what is gonna happen?

Big_E
04-07-05, 01:34 PM
Do we officially change the team name to the Montreal/San Juan Expos?

Hitman23
04-07-05, 01:35 PM
:lol: Bastich. You said it wasn't that noticable.well lately people have been talking. I didn't want to tell you this way but I had no choice. We lost a beloved general manager.

Big_E
04-07-05, 01:36 PM
well lately people have been talking. I didn't want to tell you this way but I had no choice. We lost a beloved general manager.

I don't need to hear how much you be loving him...keep that stuff in the bedroom, man. :lol:

Snatch Catch
04-07-05, 01:37 PM
Well, I like to see the Notorious one stay, but if he truly can't, then I know John (JDPNYY) regreted not getting in this year and wanted to be on the top of the list for next year...

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-05, 01:37 PM
You guys let me know what you'd like to do. I'm fine with either.

Snatch Catch
04-07-05, 01:40 PM
You guys let me know what you'd like to do. I'm fine with either.

What is your definition of "Non-involvement"?

boo_427
04-07-05, 01:41 PM
Well, I like to see the Notorious one stay, but if he truly can't, then I know John (JDPNYY) regreted not getting in this year and wanted to be on the top of the list for next year...

Would John be willing?

I am all for this, a quick resolution is best!

Hitman23
04-07-05, 01:41 PM
Would John be willing?

I am all for this, a quick resolution is best!I 2nd that motion

JDPNYY
04-07-05, 01:42 PM

I'd be happy to step in, if needed.

boo_427
04-07-05, 01:43 PM
I'd be happy to step in, if needed.

Seconded!!!

Big_E
I'd vote for the sterile one... :D

boo_427
I 2nd that motion

I guess, Thirded!!!

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-05, 01:45 PM
What is your definition of "Non-involvement"?

I'll check and update as I can. The problem I see is I could have someone on the DL and it might take me 3 days to realize it. I really have no problem keeping the team, and wouldn't mind doing so (for future years), however, I joined the league to be competitive and to try to win. With the current situation, my focus would be turned to trying not to lose. I just don't want others to get the "bad manager" feelings toward me if i don't hold my own and pay enough attention to the league. I've been in leagues with people that do that and it drives me nuts.

boo_427
04-07-05, 01:47 PM
I'll check and update as I can. The problem I see is I could have someone on the DL and it might take me 3 days to realize it. I really have no problem keeping the team, and wouldn't mind doing so (for future years), however, I joined the league to be competitive and to try to win. With the current situation, my focus would be turned to trying not to lose. I just don't want others to get the "bad manager" feelings toward me if i don't hold my own and pay enough attention to the league. I've been in leagues with people that do that and it drives me nuts.

A joint venture possibly?

John,
That is pretty stand up of you to offer to fill in. Rep points for you!!!

Snatch Catch
04-07-05, 01:55 PM

John,

Interesting...a joint venture would certainly work...

John could get a taste for next year when he gets his own team, and MHHL would retain the team that he bought at auction now, and in the future...

Hitman23
04-07-05, 01:56 PM

John could get a taste for next year when he gets his own team, and MHHL would retain the team that he bought at auction now, and in the future...and Eric promises to take a shower.....

JDPNYY
04-07-05, 01:56 PM

John,

I'd be glad to step in if needed as well. Whatever you guys need.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-05, 01:58 PM

John could get a taste for next year when he gets his own team, and MHHL would retain the team that he bought at auction now, and in the future...

That could work for sure. And if John wins, he can take the prize.

yanksphan
04-07-05, 02:00 PM
I'd be glad to step in if needed as well. Whatever you guys need.

I dunno...I'm a little wierded out by that avatar.

Big_E
04-07-05, 02:02 PM
and Eric promises to take a shower.....

And you stop be loving guys...

Snatch Catch
04-07-05, 02:07 PM
And you stop be loving guys...

He does have an advantage being freakishly tall- most guys don't have to get on their knees to orally service him...

NYDCYankee
04-07-05, 02:20 PM
Would John be willing?

I am all for this, a quick resolution is best!

me too

Hitman23
04-07-05, 02:22 PM
He does have an advantage being freakishly tall- most guys don't have to get on their knees to orally service him...listen pinky.... if you want to fantasize about orally servicing me that's your thing, but use your inside voice, okay?

JDPNYY
04-07-05, 07:31 PM
FormerlyKnownAsMHHL has contacted me to turn the team over to me.

As I said, I would be happy to take over the team or I would be just as happy to fill in for him if he needs to be away.

Let me know what you all decide.

Thanks,

John

Clive
04-07-05, 07:44 PM
Hey John, now you can vote in this poll (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=79502).

Soriambi
04-07-05, 07:51 PM
I think that John would be a terrific addition to the league. (If MHHL must leave, which seems to be the case.) (Well, either way, but there would be no place for him without MHHL leaving.)

Snatch Catch
04-07-05, 07:58 PM
FormerlyKnownAsMHHL has contacted me to turn the team over to me.

As I said, I would be happy to take over the team or I would be just as happy to fill in for him if he needs to be away.

Let me know what you all decide.

Thanks,

John

I am 100% fine with you guys being joint owners. I see no problem with it as we already have one set.

I get the feeling that MHHL would like to keep his team, but doesn't want to be an inconvenience to us. I think it would be great to have John in the league and also prep him for next year when he's on his own.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-05, 08:01 PM
I am 100% fine with you guys being joint owners. I see no problem with it as we already have one set.

I get the feeling that MHHL would like to keep his team, but doesn't want to be an inconvenience to us. I think it would be great to have John in the league and also prep him for next year when he's on his own.

John is now my Cashman. He is responsible to make all our moves and dealings. I will just sit back and scream at him if he doesn't win.

boo_427
04-07-05, 08:03 PM
John is now my Cashman. He is responsible to make all our moves and dealings. I will just sit back and scream at him if he doesn't win.

Welcome John,

I think you have been dealt a decent team.

JDPNYY
04-07-05, 08:03 PM

I accept. You will not get my phone number.

I have one question. How do I sign into this when I already have two Sportsline Teams (on my own account & password)?

Soriambi
04-07-05, 08:07 PM
I accept. You will not get my phone number.

I have one question. How do I sign into this when I already have two Sportsline Teams (on my own account & password)?

You're not allowed to have three?

JDPNYY
04-07-05, 08:10 PM
You're not allowed to have three?

Oops, nevermind. I see where you can sign out and then sign back in with a different user name/password.

I'm in, I'm B.I.G & I'm Notorious.

Big_E
04-07-05, 08:12 PM
Oops, nevermind. I see where you can sign out and then sign back in with a different user name/password.

I'm in, I'm B.I.G & I'm Notorious.

You don't need different user names...I have one user name, and three teams on Sportsline.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
04-07-05, 08:13 PM
You don't need different user names...I have one user name, and three teams on Sportsline.

Yeah but this team is registered to a different ID, so he's probably going to have to sign in and out each time. I've also renamed us to "Notorious B.I.G. Units"

JDPNYY
04-07-05, 08:14 PM

I'd like to keep it as is so that MHHL can access the info.

Snatch Catch
04-07-05, 08:18 PM
John- just PM your e-mail address to me and I'll set you up as a joint owner.