PDA

View Full Version : The Mariners are 20-5.

Bub
04-30-01, 12:44 PM
The Jr.-less and A-Rod-less Mariners are 20-5 and have a 9-game lead in APRIL! So, they let Jr. go and then make the post season, then let A-Rod go and now they're smokin early in the year. If they can let one more superstar go next year, they may win the whole thing. I hope Jr. and A-hole are seething.

ZYANK
04-30-01, 01:25 PM
Now it's more of a team effort, than a one/two man show. They must feel the same way about the big name players they lost.

KayForPresident
04-30-01, 02:02 PM
I'm happy for Lou. He is a good manager and can now steer the ship without having to worry about any super-egos on his team.

I wonder if they can knock off the Yanks. I don't see them running into any speedbumps any time soon. There isn't the one aspect of their game on which they lean that if slumping will cause an extended losing streak.

I wish 'em the best and hope to see 'em in October. Of course, there's still that small matter of winning the AL East for the Yanks!

Alex
04-30-01, 03:37 PM
KFP - I guess I'm just not as big hearted as you. I don't wish them the best. I hope they crash and burn and that the Yankees are on a pile at the end of the year. :) Hmmm....how do you do the devil smilie?

KayForPresident
04-30-01, 03:45 PM
Well, Alex, I've always been a proponent of competition...although that's easy to say when your team has won as much as ours has. I just want the Yanks to beat the best to get there again. Seattle has so far stated their claim. I guess this is a case where the unbalanced schedule hurts the fans. I'd much rather see 'em play Seattle instead of Tampa.

Alex
04-30-01, 03:55 PM
You're right, of course, without competition, there's no game. But I do hope we beat them, and don't really wish them the best. I'll just wish them the second best. 'kay? ;)

KayForPresident
04-30-01, 03:59 PM
Gotcha...I take it for granted that when I say "the best" I mean "second best". It's one of those unspoken truths (in my mind) that the Yanks come out on top anyway so are therefore "the best".

I gotta stop having conversations in my head.
:bad-ass:

CarolR
04-30-01, 04:06 PM
I like Lou too for second place! You can tell we are just plain good ole Yankee Fans!!!

Kenmore
04-30-01, 05:39 PM
Well I guess it wouldn't be going out on a limb and say you're glad the Red Sox are playing them tomorrow huh?

CJM
04-30-01, 06:44 PM
The reason the M's are this good now is because they have a bullpen and a good rotation now.Put Jr.,Arod and Big Unit on this team,it would be scary.