PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Auctioneer

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 09:55 AM
Fantasy Auctioneer seems like a very good option for us, seeing as we are trying to have our auction move swiftly. It would allow everyone to participate and lessen the level confusion and disorder that we would invariably experience in our chatroom.

I wil pay for the site if everyone can go to it and run their diagnostic test (We need to know if everyone can support it).

Please go to the site (link below), run the test, and then vote in the above poll when you pass. If you fail the test, it has troubleshooting and you can fix the problem.

Alos, please run some mock auctions for yourself and let me know your feedback!

http://fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy?:internal:command=20000

Big_E
03-02-05, 09:58 AM
I'll let you know when I get home, but I have a new Dell, so I'd imagine it will support it.

Soriambi
03-02-05, 11:03 AM
I'm good on all the diagnostics. I'll do some mocks tonight, when I get home, because I need to run now.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-02-05, 11:11 AM
I work for a software company that has a Sun-based application. I guarantee the Sun's Java Virtual Machine (JVM) v.1.4+ installation screws up some peoples computers or some of their applications.

I personally wont download it, if we chose to use this site I'll do it from another PC. Upgrading JVM can (and in many cases will) cause products that aren't compatable with later versions of VM to no longer function. Firefox or Mozilla don't support Java either.

This of course is my opinion and guess of what happens.

With all that being said, this site would be much better than the chatroom, it's just a matter of if it works.

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 11:17 AM
I work for a software company that has a Sun-based application. I guarantee the Sun's Java Virtual Machine (JVM) v.1.4+ installation screws up some peoples computers or some of their applications.

I personally wont download it, if we chose to use this site I'll do it from another PC. Upgrading JVM can (and in many cases will) cause products that aren't compatable with later versions of VM to no longer function. Firefox or Mozilla don't support Java either.

With all that being said, this site would be much better than the chatroom, it's just a matter of if it works.

Part of their diagnostic is checking to see if you are using Firefox or Mozilla, that you need to have IE...

Check the site out and let us know your opinion...

(I read your post, I just would want someone with expertise like yourself to go over it with a finetoothed comb if possible.)

yanksphan
03-02-05, 11:17 AM

I agree with your stance on JVM - but last night I ran the auction on Firefox without a hitch.

yanksphan
03-02-05, 11:18 AM
Part of their diagnostic is checking to see if you are using Firefox or Mozilla, that you need to have IE...

Even though the test fails using Firefox, you can force the application to start, and it DOES indeed work.

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 11:18 AM
I agree with your stance on JVM - but last night I ran the auction on Firefox without a hitch.

Can't you guys go through IE for just this one instance?

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 11:19 AM
I'm calling these bastards on my lunch break. Give me some questions we want answered...

yanksphan
03-02-05, 11:23 AM

Can't you just root for the Red Sox for just one season?

:P

I have no problem using IE for this just to be safe.

Big_E
03-02-05, 11:25 AM
I'm calling these bastards on my lunch break. Give me some questions we want answered...

What's the airspeed of an unladen African Swallow?

yanksphan
03-02-05, 11:31 AM

Please...so simple.

http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

:P

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 11:31 AM

I'm not sure, but I do know that in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second.

I suppose I should find the answer; you have to know these things when you're a commish, you know.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-02-05, 11:35 AM

I don't use firefox, i user IE. The problem i see is with the version of Java they ask you to download. I failed because I don't have that version. I can't download it on this computer because it'll break our legacy software.

I will try going through firefox as well and using a different machine. There really aren't many questions to ask them, just depends if it works fort all 14 of us. My guess it will work, but then people will start having problems later ;)

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 11:37 AM
I don't use firefox, i user IE. The problem i see is with the version of Java they ask you to download. I failed because I don't have that version. I can't download it on this computer because it'll break our legacy software.

I will try going through firefox as well and using a different machine. There really aren't many questions to ask them, just depends if it works fort all 14 of us. My guess it will work, but then people will start having problems later ;)

You're going to be doing the auction from home though, right?

boo_427
03-02-05, 11:37 AM

If we aren't satisified with the auction will they refund your money?

Is there anyway to pause the auction and continue it at a later date?

Can we set our specific auction time?

Ask about the "silent" team. Give detail.

bakntime
03-02-05, 11:42 AM
Can we set our specific auction time?I'm pretty sure you'll be able to draft any time you want. That's how SL works anyway, and if you're paying that much for the thing, I don't see why not, but it's worth asking to make sure.

Ask about the "silent" team. Give detail.Yes, do ask about this :D

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-02-05, 11:44 AM
You're going to be doing the auction from home though, right?

indeed .

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 12:07 PM
Well, I sent them off an e-mail, as I couldn't find a phone number...

I told them I needed to here back ASAP today.

We'll see...

yanksphan
03-02-05, 12:14 PM
Well, I sent them off an e-mail, as I couldn't find a phone number...

I told them I needed to here back ASAP today.

We'll see...

I ran a WHOIS search on their domain name, and here's the contact info. Same guy who sent that email the other day...

<dl> <dt>Registrant: George del Prado (http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/) </dt><dt>Address: George del Prado
24 Colborne Rd. #6
Brighton, MA 02135
US
Phone: 617.543.4510
Email: georgedp@bu.edu </dt><dt>First Registered: September 12, 2003 </dt><dt>Last Updated: July 29, 2004 </dt><dt>Administrative Contact: George del Prado
George del Prado
24 Colborne Rd. #6
Brighton, MA 02135
US
Email: georgedp@bu.edu </dt><dt>Technical Contact, Zone Contact: Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 902-749-2701
Fax..: 902-749-5429
Email: domain-registrar@register.com </dt><dt>Name Servers: <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td>NS01.TECHSOLUXIONS.COM</td> <td width="35">
</td> <td>64.70.5.5</td> </tr><tr> <td>NS02.TECHSOLUXIONS.COM</td> <td width="35">
</td> <td>64.70.5.6</td> </tr></tbody></table> </dt><dt>Information Source: register.com (http://www.whois.com/nonssl/checkdomain.pl?domain=fantasyauctioneer.com&format=no)</dt> </dl>

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 12:14 PM
From their FAQs...very interesting...basically if you pre-price players, and you lose connection, the computer will bid for you according to the values you have inputed...

4. I can't make it to my auction. How do I input my value list for the computer player to follow?
Like setting keepers, you must first go to the Auction Details page by going to My Auctions and then clicking on the auction for which you want to set player values. From the Auction Details page, click on the "Set A.I." button. This will launch our value list tool that will help you put together your value list by allowing you to generate mock auctions easily. The idea is that if your value list is accurate, a mock auction will result in teams that are relatively equal in strength. The value list tool will allow you to see these teams side-by-side for easy comparison. If you see that some teams are noticeably stronger and/or weaker than others, that means that players on stronger teams are underpriced and those on weaker teams are overpriced. Adjust accordingly and generate another mock auction, compare again, and adjust as needed. Iterating on this process a few times should help you put together a solid price list which you can save. Saving it will then tie the Artificial Intelligence to this list as the computer player will follow it during your auction. If you must show up late to your auction, save your price list for the A.I. to follow. When you log in late, the A.I. will relinquish control and you can participate from then on.

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-02-05, 12:17 PM
From their FAQs...very interesting...basically if you pre-price players, and you lose connection, the computer will bid for you according to the values you have inputed...

It's almost as if they expect you to lose connection ;)

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 12:20 PM

Stop hating! It a nice safety net to have! :lol:

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-02-05, 12:24 PM
Stop hating! It a nice safety net to have! :lol:

In all seriousness, i think it'll make the draft much easier. If we can get it going and feel comforatable, we should go for it.

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 01:39 PM
I ran a WHOIS search on their domain name, and here's the contact info. Same guy who sent that email the other day...

<DL><DT>Registrant: George del Prado (http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/) </DT><DT>Address: George del Prado

24 Colborne Rd. #6
Brighton, MA 02135
US
Email: georgedp@bu.edu
</DT><DT>First Registered: September 12, 2003 </DT><DT>Last Updated: July 29, 2004 </DT><DT>Administrative Contact: George del Prado

George del Prado
24 Colborne Rd. #6
Brighton, MA 02135
US
Email: georgedp@bu.edu
</DT><DT>Technical Contact, Zone Contact: Register.Com

Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 902-749-2701
Fax..: 902-749-5429
Email: domain-registrar@register.com
</DT><DT>Name Servers: <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>NS01.TECHSOLUXIONS.COM</TD><TD width=35>

</TD><TD>64.70.5.5</TD></TR><TR><TD>NS02.TECHSOLUXIONS.COM</TD><TD width=35>

</TD><TD>64.70.5.6</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DT><DT>Information Source: register.com (http://www.whois.com/nonssl/checkdomain.pl?domain=fantasyauctioneer.com&format=no)</DT></DL>I'm not sure I should call that number...I'm kind of nervous about it...Its like you got something you shouldn't have...

boo_427
03-02-05, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure I should call that number...I'm kind of nervous about it...Its like you got something you shouldn't have...

Yanksphan, continues to amaze me.

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 01:52 PM
Yanksphan, continues to amaze me.

Seriously.

What size bra does Mr. del Prado wear when he cross-dresses?

yanksphan
03-02-05, 03:04 PM
Seriously.

What size bra does Mr. del Prado wear when he cross-dresses?

I'm not sure - but do your coworkers mind that you have one hand on the mouse and the other in your pants right now??? :eek: ;)

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure - but do your coworkers mind that you have one hand on the mouse and the other in your pants right now??? :eek: ;)

:lol:

On a more serious note I just got this e-mail:

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry for having taken a while to get back to you. It has been a hectic day. Perhaps a phone call would be easier to talk about all your questions? Please email me a number where I can reach you so that we can discuss your questions below. I'll do my best to call you as soon as I can, but there's a chance I won't be able to until around 6:15 p.m. EST this evening. Hope that's ok (but I'll try to call sooner). Thanks a lot for visiting our site.

Sincerely,
George del Prado
The FantasyAuctioneer Team

boo_427
03-02-05, 03:49 PM
SC,

Ask him if he is a Sawx fan. If he says yes, tell him we aren't interested.:D

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-02-05, 04:04 PM
SC,

Ask him if he is a Sawx fan. If he says yes, tell him we aren't interested.:D

Not only are we not interested, but we know where he lives! ;)

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 04:20 PM
Ok, this guy seems legit. I didn't even get a chance to e-mail him back with a time when he can call me yet, and all of a sudden I get this:

I need feedback from you guys now...

Hi Kevin,

I have some time now so I figured I'd start answering some of your questions:
<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","\r\n....
\r\n1. We accessed the software last week and \r\nexperienced a couple of problems, although I understand you have corrected the \r\nbugs. What was it that went wrong?
",1]);//--></SCRIPT>
1. We accessed the software last week and experienced a couple of problems, although I understand you have corrected the bugs. What was it that went wrong?
<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","\r\nFirst, we realized that we were handling the \r\nTransaction History window very efficiently..... It was basically updating the \r\nwhole table every time a bid was entered..... When the list got to be pretty \r\nbig after an hour or so, the amount of data was so large that it would cripple \r\nthe system..... We then fixed that so that it only updated one player and only \r\nwhen the player was sold..... Since we are handling the update for this window \r\nmuch more efficiently, it....won\'t be a recurring problem.
\r\n....
\r\n2.....Can we set a SPECIFIC auction time? \r\n
\r\nOur timeslots start ever 15 minutes, so I hope \r\nthat will be flexible enough for your league.
\r\n....
\r\n3.....Can we pause the auction and continue \r\nit at a later date?
\r\n\r\nAs for....saving an auction for more than one \r\nsession, unfortunately that enhancement will not be available until next \r\nfootball season at the earliest..... We do, however, have a workaround that \r\nyou can use..... After you finish the first half of your auction, the \r\ncommissioner can use our keeper league feature (again, click on the specific \r\nauction in My Auctions) to input the players sold in the first half, as well as \r\ntheir salaries..... When the second auction starts, everyone will have their \r\nplayers on their roster with the appropriate amount of money taken out of their \r\nsalary caps..... I realize this isn\'t ideal since the commissioner will have \r\nto spend about 30-45 minutes doing this, but it should at least meet your \r\nneeds..... Just make sure to email us to let us know that\'s what you\'re doing \r\nso we don\'t charge you twice.....
\r\n....
\r\nBtw, when everyone leaves the first half of the \r\nauction, the ",1]);//--></SCRIPT>First, we realized that we were handling the Transaction History window very efficiently. It was basically updating the whole table every time a bid was entered. When the list got to be pretty big after an hour or so, the amount of data was so large that it would cripple the system. We then fixed that so that it only updated one player and only when the player was sold. Since we are handling the update for this window much more efficiently, it won't be a recurring problem.

2. Can we set a SPECIFIC auction time?
Our timeslots start ever 15 minutes, so I hope that will be flexible enough for your league.

3. Can we pause the auction and continue it at a later date?
As for saving an auction for more than one session, unfortunately that enhancement will not be available until next football season at the earliest. We do, however, have a workaround that you can use. After you finish the first half of your auction, the commissioner can use our keeper league feature (again, click on the specific auction in My Auctions) to input the players sold in the first half, as well as their salaries. When the second auction starts, everyone will have their players on their roster with the appropriate amount of money taken out of their salary caps. I realize this isn't ideal since the commissioner will have to spend about 30-45 minutes doing this, but it should at least meet your needs. Just make sure to email us to let us know that's what you're doing so we don't charge you twice.

Btw, when everyone leaves the first half of the auction, the<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","A.I. will take over and continue the auction..... The email you \r\nreceive will have the auction results sorted by team, which might be confusing \r\nas to who was sold when..... I recommend you go to your &quot;My Auctions&quot; page and \r\nclick on that auction to see the results and sort it by nomination order, which \r\nwill be much easier for you to see who went where, when, and for how much..... \r\n
\r\n....

\r\n4.....What is the maximum time we are \r\nallowed to pause?
\r\nThere is a total pause time of two hours for the \r\nwhole auction..... (And an additional two hours for your second \r\nhalf.)
\r\n....
\r\n5. We have one team that has joint ownership, \r\nand both owners would like to watch the auction. Is there a way to facilitate \r\nthis?
\r\nUnfortunately, we do not recommend this at \r\nall..... Some times this works fine, while others the person gets locked out \r\nand can\'t log back in!.... We will do our best to have this new feature in a \r\nfuture version..... In the mean time, if the co-owners live in the same city, \r\nwe would recommend they get together in one location and use the same \r\ncomputer.
\r\n....
\r\n6.....Is there a money back policy? \r\n
\r\nYes - if you are not satisfied, we will reimburse \r\nyour money.
\r\n....
\r\n7. We have some concerns with the version of \r\nJava that is required and how it effects one\'s system. It is known to interface \r\npoorly with certain applications.
I\'ve heard of one user having \r\nproblems with v. 1.5, so I wouldn\'t say it was a rampant problem..... That \r\nbeing said, if you would prefer to use v. 1.4, then that will work....with our \r\nsoftware fine..... Let me know if you need a link to it and I\'ll get it to \r\nyou.",1]);//--></SCRIPT> A.I. will take over and continue the auction. The email you receive will have the auction results sorted by team, which might be confusing as to who was sold when. I recommend you go to your "My Auctions" page and click on that auction to see the results and sort it by nomination order, which will be much easier for you to see who went where, when, and for how much.

4. What is the maximum time we are allowed to pause?
There is a total pause time of two hours for the whole auction. (And an additional two hours for your second half.)

5. We have one team that has joint ownership, and both owners would like to watch the auction. Is there a way to facilitate this?
Unfortunately, we do not recommend this at all. Some times this works fine, while others the person gets locked out and can't log back in! We will do our best to have this new feature in a future version. In the mean time, if the co-owners live in the same city, we would recommend they get together in one location and use the same computer.

6. Is there a money back policy?
Yes - if you are not satisfied, we will reimburse your money.

7. We have some concerns with the version of Java that is required and how it effects one's system. It is known to interface poorly with certain applications.
I've heard of one user having problems with v. 1.5, so I wouldn't say it was a rampant problem. That being said, if you would prefer to use v. 1.4, then that will work with our software fine. Let me know if you need a link to it and I'll get it to you.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","
\r\n....
\r\n8.....One of our owners actually ran a mock \r\nauction with Firefox by force starting the application - what are the drawbacks \r\nto this?
\r\nI\'m not really sure what you mean by &quot;force \r\nstarting the application&quot;..... Can you give me a little more detail?.... \r\nFirefox should work on our website and if he can get the Demo up and running \r\nokay, then I\'m sure it\'ll be fine.
\r\n....
\r\nPlease let me know if you have any more questions \r\nor suggestions..... Btw, I\'ve attached a &quot;tips&quot; document that should help \r\nensure a successful auction for everyone..... Please read this document and \r\nforward it to your whole league..... Let me know if I can help in any other \r\nway..... Thanks again!
",1]);//--></SCRIPT>

8. One of our owners actually ran a mock auction with Firefox by force starting the application - what are the drawbacks to this?
I'm not really sure what you mean by "force starting the application". Can you give me a little more detail? Firefox should work on our website and if he can get the Demo up and running okay, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or suggestions. Btw, I've attached a "tips" document that should help ensure a successful auction for everyone. Please read this document and forward it to your whole league. Let me know if I can help in any other way. Thanks again!

yanksphan
03-02-05, 04:50 PM
Ok, this guy seems legit. I didn't even get a chance to e-mail him back with a time when he can call me yet, and all of a sudden I get this:

I need feedback from you guys now...

[/size][/font]

Regarding the Firefox thing - Firefox failed the tests, but there's an option to start the draft anyway, so I did, and it worked. No issue really. As long as he says FF is compatible, fine by me!

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-02-05, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE]7. We have some concerns with the version of Java that is required and how it effects one's system. It is known to interface poorly with certain applications.
I've heard of one user having problems with v. 1.5, so I wouldn't say it was a rampant problem. That being said, if you would prefer to use v. 1.4, then that will work with our software fine. Let me know if you need a link to it and I'll get it to you.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","</font></font>
\r\n....
\r\n8.....One of our owners actually ran a mock \r\nauction with Firefox by force starting the application - what are the drawbacks \r\nto this?
\r\nI\'m not really sure what you mean by &quot;force \r\nstarting the application&quot;..... Can you give me a little more detail?.... \r\nFirefox should work on our website and if he can get the Demo up and running \r\nokay, then I\'m sure it\'ll be fine.
\r\n....
\r\nPlease let me know if you have any more questions \r\nor suggestions..... Btw, I\'ve attached a &quot;tips&quot; document that should help \r\nensure a successful auction for everyone..... Please read this document and \r\nforward it to your whole league..... Let me know if I can help in any other \r\nway..... Thanks again!
",1]);//--></SCRIPT> [QUOTE]

when i download the java the site point to when you fail it downloads 1.5 (which he says above doesn't work). anyone know where to get 1.4? can you download legacy someplace?

boo_427
03-02-05, 05:56 PM

It is the wonderful thing called public information.

6. Is there a money back policy?
Yes - if you are not satisfied, we will reimburse your money.

As long as you have that in writing everything will be fine. Just means a little extra leg work by "The Commish".

yanksphan
03-02-05, 06:39 PM
7. We have some concerns with the version of Java that is required and how it effects one's system. It is known to interface poorly with certain applications.

<script><!--D(["mb","</font></font>
\r\n....
\r\n....
",1]);//--></script>I've heard of one user having problems with v. 1.5, so I wouldn't say it was a rampant problem. That being said, if you would prefer to use v. 1.4, then that will work with our software fine. Let me know if you need a link to it and I'll get it to you.

when i download the java the site point to when you fail it downloads 1.5 (which he says above doesn't work). anyone know where to get 1.4? can you download legacy someplace?

1.4 is here: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Snatch Catch
03-02-05, 07:06 PM
I just finished testing it, and it ran without a hitch.

It was SO fast paced!

Damn! I'm sweating...

yanksphan
03-02-05, 08:26 PM

It was SO fast paced!

Damn! I'm sweating...

I was really into it for the first 5 or 6 players last night too...I blew $110 in about 7 minutes!! Obviously a great lesson for the real thing!

Just hard to pass up the Vlads, Arods, Abreus, etc but then you see guys go for 1/4th the price a half hour later. This is going to be very tough!

Big_E
03-02-05, 09:06 PM
Just tested it from home.

I'm good to go. :D

chanman7483
03-02-05, 11:21 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm good to go fellas!

chanman7483
03-02-05, 11:21 PM

It was SO fast paced!

Damn! I'm sweating...

It's like... a REAL auction :eek:

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 07:47 AM
Ok, so far, so good.

We're still waiting on rutianblast, Mark19, Hitman23, MHHL (even though he already kind of said he was good), and Obgreen to vote in the poll....

Oh, and I got more correspondence from the guy that runs the site last night...I think we kind of creeped him out with the whole BU thing!

Hi Kevin,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. (I just finished the auction for one of our expert leagues, so it took up about four hours of the evening.) And thanks a lot for the kind words. We certainly do our best.

So here's the deal with our "two halves" auctions - you essentially create two auctions, however far apart they are is up to you. You run your first auction as long as you can and after you're done, you should go to "My Auctions" and click on that auction to go to the Auction Details page. On the Auction Details page, the results will be at the bottom. Sort them by nomination order so that you can clearly see where you left off. Remember that when everyone quits the first auction, the computer players take over and finish it for you. Sorting the results by nomination order will help you identify when you actually stopped.

Copy and paste the results of your first half into an Excel spreadsheet. Using this as your list, you can then go the the Auction Details page of the second auction you created and then click on "Set Keepers". You will essentially treat the results of your first half as if they are keepers for the second half. Assign these "keepers" to the correct team and the correct salary. When the second auction starts, they will then have all the players they bought from the first auction.

Like I said, this is definitely not ideal because the commissioner is going to have to spend up to an hour or even more inputting this, but unfortunately that's the best we can offer right now. Next football season, we hope to have this as an automatic process if needed. Please let me know if you have any other questions.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","
",1]);D(["mb","\r\n....
\r\nSincerely,
George del Prado
The \r\nFantasyAuctioneer Team

\r\n....

",1]);//--></SCRIPT> </FONT>

Sincerely,
George del Prado
The FantasyAuctioneer Team

<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","\r\np.s. Btw, how did you know I went to B.U.?.... \r\nJust curious..... And no, I went to Boston for B.U., but I actually grew up \r\nnear San Francisco, where I have to always ask the baseball gods why they have \r\nto make it so hard to root for Barry..... WHY?
\r\n
Join the Auction-Draft \r\nRevolution!.... Make the best day of the season so much better by helping us \r\nbring auction-drafting to the mainstream..... Organize mock auctions on your \r\nfavorite message boards..... Tell friends, fantasy sports writers, and your \r\ncommissioner service about auction-drafting and FantasyAuctioneer.com..... \r\nThose you introduce to auction-drafting will be forever in your \r\ndebt.
\r\n....
\r\n<div>",1]);//--></SCRIPT>p.s. Btw, how did you know I went to B.U.? Just curious. And no, I went to Boston for B.U., but I actually grew up near San Francisco, where I have to always ask the baseball gods why they have to make it so hard to root for Barry. WHY?
</FONT>

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-03-05, 07:52 AM
Ok, so far, so good.

We're still waiting on MHHL (even though he already kind of said he was good)
[/size][/font]
</FONT>

Sorry, forgot to vote. i'm good!

boo_427
03-03-05, 08:41 AM
p.s. Btw, how did you know I went to B.U.? Just curious. And no, I went to Boston for B.U., but I actually grew up near San Francisco, where I have to always ask the baseball gods why they have to make it so hard to root for Barry. WHY?

Awesome, at least he knows, we have a lot of eyes on his every move. 4 hours for one draft, I wonder how many teams and players were taken in that one.

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 10:16 AM
As soon as everyone confirms that they are compatible with the Auctioneer software I will purchase it for our league...

...but not until that point.

Big_E
03-03-05, 10:30 AM
Do we need to register or anything at the site?

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 10:33 AM
Do we need to register or anything at the site?

Yeah, you do. Just go in and create a username and password for free.

Big_E
03-03-05, 10:37 AM
Yeah, you do. Just go in and create a username and password for free.

Should it be the same as our username here, or our team name, or do you not care?

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-03-05, 10:46 AM
As soon as everyone confirms that they are compatible with the Auctioneer software I will purchase it for our league... ...but not until that point.

We hear you!

Mark19
03-03-05, 11:21 AM
It works for me but it is a bit laggy

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 11:45 AM
It works for me but it is a bit laggy

You're still in Europe, right?

Were you able to participate in the mock auction, though? Were you able to bid properly so that it wasn't disruptive to your overall abilities?

The only slight lag I found when I did it was that it wasn't a great idea to wait until the clock ticked ALL the way down before submitting my bid...basically don't cut it too close.

Hopefully it was the same with you, because that is easily remedied (just don't wait until the end)

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 12:18 PM
Should it be the same as our username here, or our team name, or do you not care?

Do whatever you want- your username doesn't really matter. You can name your team seperately once you get in.

ruthianblast
03-03-05, 12:26 PM
Woked fine for me on Firefox and IE ( :barf: )

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 02:15 PM
I set up our auction on Fantasyauctioneer.com...

...Check your PMs...

Soriambi
03-03-05, 02:58 PM
I just tried to do a mock draft and after two players it closed for no reason. I started it again and it froze, then closed. All of my diagnostics are good.

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 03:02 PM
I just tried to do a mock draft and after two players it closed for no reason. I started it again and it froze, then closed. All of my diagnostics are good.

I sent your post to the guy who runs the site. I'm sure he's going to ask for details, though...

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-03-05, 03:08 PM

Doesn't only give you 90 seconds or something while in "test" mode?

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 03:12 PM
Doesn't only give you 90 seconds or something while in "test" mode?

I think you may be right. I think you can do a full mock auction on another link...

Soriambi
03-03-05, 03:15 PM
My latest one is doing better..through several players.

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 04:06 PM

Response:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for letting us host your auction. I don't suppose your friend is using the "Full Test" application, is he? The "Full Test" window is only supposed to stay open for 90 seconds and then closes. (It just sounds like this is what he's describing.) I'm on our full demo now and am having no problems. Can you please ask him to contact me directly so that I can help him through it? Thanks again!

Did you figure it out, or do you want me to get in touch with him again?

Hitman23
03-03-05, 04:56 PM
no luck for me. I d/l'd the new version of Java and still can't get it to work.

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 05:00 PM
no luck for me. I d/l'd the new version of Java and still can't get it to work.

Oh sh*t.

What is the message you're getting? Does it even launch a new window? Do you have a popup blocker on that is preventing it from opening?

We'll figure this out!

Hitman23
03-03-05, 05:02 PM
n/m, I'm good to go now. Fixed the problem. :cool:

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 05:04 PM
n/m, I'm good to go now. Fixed the problem. :cool:

Nice! Run a few mock auctions and report back how you like it.

Also, vote above- you're the final piece to the puzzle!

Remember to report back...

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah- and remember to check your PMs and sign up your squad for our auction!

Hitman23
03-03-05, 05:09 PM
Nice! Run a few mock auctions and report back how you like it.

Also, vote above- you're the final piece to the puzzle!

Remember to report back...no problem. trying to figure out how....

Hitman23
03-03-05, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah- and remember to check your PMs and sign up your squad for our auction!yeah I just did that. How do you run a mock draft?

Edit: I really should look before I ask dumb questions. I just tried it out. Looks good!

Soriambi
03-03-05, 05:28 PM
My latest mock draft worked great. :)

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 05:40 PM
My latest mock draft worked great. :)

I'm running one right now. I want to see how long it takes from start to finish...

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 06:14 PM
OK, gentlemen:

81 players auctioned off through the first 1 hour and 1 minute.

I think I'm going to stop it now, but this bodes well- we should be able to get it all done in one night and finish before 1am EST.

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 07:18 PM
203 players through 2 hours and 5 minutes...

I finished drafting my team, too, and now I'm just waiting for the computer to finish up.

I ended up with $5 left over. :barf:

(You just lose it if its left over.)

Snatch Catch
03-03-05, 07:38 PM
Done. 276 players auctioned off in 2 hours and 22 minutes.

Ours will probably take about an hour or so longer.

We're in good shape, guys!

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-04-05, 06:35 AM
Done. 276 players auctioned off in 2 hours and 22 minutes.

Ours will probably take about an hour or so longer.

We're in good shape, guys!

That's a damn long time. :P

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-04-05, 10:03 AM
Guys i'm sorry but i'm not going to be able to play...

Snatch Catch
03-04-05, 10:09 AM
Guys i'm sorry but i'm not going to be able to play...

...Snatchy, I was going for the heart attack, did I get it? :P

You would have if you hadn't included the line at the end! Not that it was the actual line that gave it away initially, but I could see right away that the post had a lot of blank space, which usually means someone is "pausing for effect". Therefore you really didn't get me at all because I knew that there was more at the end.

You would have had me REALLY good if you had dropped it like I got Hitman23 in the Team Name thread...

Valiant effort though- I respect that!

FormerlyKnownAsMHHL
03-04-05, 10:20 AM
You would have if you hadn't included the line at the end! Not that it was the actual line that gave it away initially, but I could see right away that the post had a lot of blank space, which usually means someone is "pausing for effect". Therefore you really didn't get me at all because I knew that there was more at the end.

You would have had me REALLY good if you had dropped it like I got Hitman23 in the Team Name thread...

Valiant effort though- I respect that!

Is that better now? They'll have to read your post and figure it out :)

Hitman23
03-04-05, 10:21 AM
well I wouldn't have had a heart attack but I was quite dissapointed for a few minutes. :lol:

Soriambi
03-04-05, 10:49 AM
I am completely confused. Again. What's going on with the MHHL thing? What are you all talking about? :lol:

Snatch Catch
03-04-05, 10:56 AM
I am completely confused. Again. What's going on with the MHHL thing? What are you all talking about? :lol:

Read the post that I quoted again, and you'll get it...

Nicely done, MHHL! You got a few of the others!

Snatch Catch
03-04-05, 12:24 PM
OK, we're doing well! 8 People have joined our auction so far. We're still waiting for Mark19, boo_427, Obgreen, odg347, and NYDCYankee to signup...

Mark19
03-04-05, 12:33 PM
You're still in Europe, right?

Were you able to participate in the mock auction, though? Were you able to bid properly so that it wasn't disruptive to your overall abilities?

The only slight lag I found when I did it was that it wasn't a great idea to wait until the clock ticked ALL the way down before submitting my bid...basically don't cut it too close.

Hopefully it was the same with you, because that is easily remedied (just don't wait until the end)

The lag was only maybe a half of a second. It worked for me but I'm using a DSL connection from Belgium so it is pretty quick all things considered.

Soriambi
03-04-05, 12:35 PM
Read the post that I quoted again, and you'll get it...

Nicely done, MHHL! You got a few of the others!

I swear the space and then his last line wasn't there when I read it the first time. :lol:

Snatch Catch
03-04-05, 01:19 PM
I swear the space and then his last line wasn't there when I read it the first time. :lol:

It wasn't. He deleted it after I posted my response (in which I had originally deleted his second line to save space).saying that it gave away the joke.

boo_427
03-04-05, 01:39 PM
Sorry, I have been out of it today. Just got my team on the site. I had already registered my username, but I had been a sorry soul and hadn't registered for the auction. Didn't want anyone freaking out.

mark19, what are you doing in Belgium?

Snatch Catch
03-04-05, 01:50 PM
Nice! The gangs almost all here...

Here is some info for you guys to look at from the guy who runs the site in regards to pre-pricing players for if you lose connectivity or can't make the auction for any reason:

Go to your "My Auctions" page and click on your auction. You'll be taken to the Auction Details page, where there is a button called "Set A.I." This will launch an applet which will allow you to input your price list. There's a cheat sheet tool that you can use to help you put your list together. Actually, if you don't mind, it would be great if you check out the tool and let us know what you think. Your feedback would be valuable. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Big_E
03-04-05, 02:22 PM
Their default values are pretty decent, at least for the top guys.

NYDCYankee
03-04-05, 07:58 PM
I will sign up later tonight when I am at work. This auction is really taking precedent over my job and I think I like it.

Snatch Catch
03-04-05, 08:01 PM
I will sign up later tonight when I am at work. This auction is really taking precedent over my job and I think I like it.

Yes! Yes! We have an addict!

I cannot wait, guys! This thing is going to be great.

Props to everyone for making this so easy to deal with!

NYDCYankee
03-06-05, 07:59 PM
Allright I am all signed up