PDA

View Full Version : Revisionist Lies...A Reminder to Bosox Betty.

Jimbo
04-27-01, 12:04 PM
Blowsux Betty,

You are exposing yourself as the prototypical Dead Sox fan that adheres to their own unique account of baseball facts...in the recent series at Fenway Dump Pedro left the game tied at 2 - 2 versus the Yanks...and 1 - 1 Versus the Orioles.

NUFF SAID on your revisionist lies posted on Yankees Discussion.

I lived in the greater Boston area for twelve years and I took with me one irrefutable, incontrovertible fact...Dead Sox fans lie to themselves in order to deal with the dominance the Yankees have held over their cursed franchise for the past eighty-two or so years...

Each year Dead Sox fans begin yapping that this will be our year, until the Yankees, The New York Yankees come to town and humble their team.

I have seen it first hand and try as you may it's the truth, plain and simple. Then they lie to themsleves by saying the Yanks buy their players, well it's not our fault Team Cursed invests 15 million in MIKE GREENWELL...remember him?..

Dead Sox fans mumble about woulda, coulda, shoulda...but the fact is that your franchise has never invested in winning championships.

They invest in putting a team on the field that will glean your money all season and then when it's time to put up or shutup in the post season (when they get there) they fail in the end as all mediocre teams do...but just enough to keep you coming back for more next season...

It is all smoke and mirrors for team Duquette et al...This franchise wants nothing more than your money...Going out and getting Manny Ramirez is a prime example...No pitching so we'll try beating you 11 - 10...another Dead Sox mindset perpetuated down through the years that has yielded nothing for Dead Sox nation but misery...The penultimate lie that being competitive is enough...

The beat will go on, I will re-post this periodically to remind you of these facts...The Dead Sox will never, ever win anything but your money...tsk tsk for someone so knowledgeable as yourself about Dead Sox baseball facts and figures...

:cool: :finger1: :cool:

Slippery Elm
04-27-01, 06:15 PM
I still say she belongs in a Visitors' Ghetto forum.

bosox betty
04-28-01, 12:27 AM
Well, this is sweet, guys-- all this attention for little 'ole me.
But the focus really belongs on my beloved Red Sox, who are showing the yankees how it's done this year. You should really be much nicer to me. Then I'd consider being far more respectful when I chronicle the end of your "dynasty".

I'm just the messenger, boys. It's not personal..... ;)

WindRavenX
04-28-01, 12:41 AM
Then I'd consider being far more respectful when I chronicle the end of your "dynasty".

How bout when we finally bitch slap the unhittable Pedro? That's all you guys yap about, Pedro Pedro Pedro, Roger Sucks, Curse don't exist.....
BTW; even if the Sox win the AL East; that don't mean that you will get much further than that.
Guarantee the Mariners WILL eat you alive-
assuming we're not in your place there- we'll dispose of the M's for you.. :finger1:

bosox betty
04-28-01, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by WindRavenX
we'll dispose of the M's for you.. :finger1:

Oh, you mean like you did this past week??? :lol:

We're doing pretty nicely disposing of everyone who comes our way, thank you. It's you folks who appear in need of help.

BTW, speaking of help-- Pokey Reese would have been a nice pickup-- but somewhere y'all have become enamored of trick-or-treat Soriano-- this guy alone is going to cost you a half dozen or more games this season.

When an empire begins to crumble, it usually comes crashing down fast. I give it 'til mid-May before Steinbrenner throws a nutty-- a sure sign of the impending Apocolypse.

I've got such a warm and fuzzy feeling about it all..... :)

WindRavenX
04-28-01, 01:26 AM
Hey Betty; guess what, April doesn't equal October hon :)
October creates something....dangerous in their blood. It stirrs something deep within. April doesn't have this. April doesn't have the feel and the pure MAGIC of October baseball....
October is a whole new slate.

bosox betty
04-28-01, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by WindRavenX
Hey Betty; guess what, April doesn't equal October hon :)
October creates something....dangerous in their blood. It stirrs something deep within. April doesn't have this. April doesn't have the feel and the pure MAGIC of October baseball....
October is a whole new slate.

Then, dear, you simply must remind me to drop you a line and tell you what playing in October feels like this year....

I know y'all will be in some kind of October withdrawals and I'm nothing if not compassionate by nature... surely you must have discovered that about me by now. :lol:

seahorse
04-28-01, 06:36 AM
Now that's a typical Boston fan's thought. :lol:

madforyanks
04-28-01, 08:15 AM
A chilling thought: even if the Yankees don't make it 'til October (which I'm not conceding), hardly means the BlowSox will be there either. For one thing, Boston's Boys of Spring, when it comes to clutch time, know 101 ways to lose. For another, there are teams that look far better than they do (can you say S-e-a-t-t-l-e M-a-r-i-n-e-r-s)? And the season's hardly over. Can you say 1-9-1-8?

bosox betty
04-28-01, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by madforyanks
A chilling thought: even if the Yankees don't make it 'til October (which I'm not conceding), hardly means the BlowSox will be there either. For one thing, Boston's Boys of Spring, when it comes to clutch time, know 101 ways to lose. For another, there are teams that look far better than they do (can you say S-e-a-t-t-l-e M-a-r-i-n-e-r-s)? And the season's hardly over. Can you say 1-9-1-8?

First of all, my confused friend, you were just quoted in a previous thread as saying we're going to have 101 wins in September. We've really got you in a spin with these meaningless April wins, eh?

Second-- the Mariners look good because, what? They swept the yankees??? That may work in your provincial view, but it doesn't cut it with us. Let's just see how good they look after we have a crack at them, okay? Then we'll see just how invincible they are. People were saying the same about the Twins until they came within a blown save of being swept by the Sox this week.

But you go ahead and keep your fingers crossed that even half of what you say is true, and you guys might stay in the race until, oh-- May, maybe.

Nomarchikita5
04-28-01, 05:28 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha , you guys really crack me up. all this talk about oh its only april ,october will be different. yea your right it will be diferent because Nomar will be back then and we will be winning more games than we are now so it will be diferent . buhbye now

Jim F.
04-28-01, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Nomarchikita5
hahahahahahahahahahahaha , you guys really crack me up. all this talk about oh its only april ,october will be different. yea your right it will be diferent because Nomar will be back then and we will be winning more games than we are now so it will be diferent . buhbye now Name one player on the team besides Nomar. Couldn't do it, could you?

That's what I thought.

Leave the trash talk to the ESPN boards, okay?

-jim