PDA

View Full Version : red sox in first i love it

Nomarchikita5
04-25-01, 10:52 AM
i'm back

o i love florida i'm not back in newhampshire yet but i did find a computer at the local library . i couldnt stand not talking about the redsox yankees series i didnt watch any of the games i was so upset it didnt come down here in florida ~
but i can read the newspaper . congrats to the yankees winning the series but stupid derek lowe i cant stand him giving up 2 homeruns when we were leading aahh i want to kill him jeez i dislike him well i am going to a tampabay and kansas city game tomorow maybe just to pass the time i dont like any of the teams that much but its something to do so bye

Bub
04-25-01, 11:11 AM
If it makes you feel any better, the 2 homers were not exactly rocket shots, in fact they were high fly balls that cleared the wall by about 10 feet. In Boston, both would have probably been outs. But hey, that's how it goes - the short seats are there for both teams to take advantage of.

Nome
04-25-01, 12:10 PM
Love it while you can. It might not last too much longer.

Papajoe
04-25-01, 12:14 PM
Glad your excited, don't get too used to it!

JeanC
04-25-01, 12:37 PM
Yeah but for How Long???!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mr.roy
04-25-01, 01:14 PM
I can't believe they are. They are playing very well, without Nomar.

I thought it would make them get off to a slow start. They shouldn't look over their shoulders though, the Yanks are comin'.

If the Twins can beat them in their series it will show the Twins are kinda for real so far.
However if Boston sweeps them........

CarolR
04-26-01, 08:50 AM
The April World Series??????

mr.roy
04-26-01, 11:37 AM
Twins got past Pedro. Looks like they are for real.
Boston does realize that the Yankees are not the only team they have to beat to get to the pennant, don't they?

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
04-27-01, 12:49 PM
Enjoy it now while you can... there is no trophy for winning the "Spring Classic".

WindRavenX
04-28-01, 12:47 AM
This happens practically every year.
Don't Sux fans learn that April does NOT equal October? Or do they get off on knowing they are in 1st for a while? They should know by now to not get all excited..

bosox betty
04-28-01, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by WindRavenX
This happens practically every year.
Don't Sux fans learn that April does NOT equal October? Or do they get off on knowing they are in 1st for a while? They should know by now to not get all excited..

Excuse me, my presumptuous friend, but the Sox have been playing in October 2 of the last 3 years themselves.... We know quite a bit about what it takes to get there-- and the differences between April and October. Again, the arrogance of the yankee fan hardly knows any bounds...

This year we finish the story. And my guess is that the yankees don't even figure in the postseason picture this year-- which I think is unfortunate because nothing would make me happier than for us to put you away in front a national audience. But you don't have what it takes this year to get there-- so maybe some other time....

WindRavenX
04-28-01, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by bosox betty

This year we finish the story. .
That's not arrogance, is it? Neither is your signature-2001 WS champs?
My God, even I know that's a cardinal sin right there-you NEVER say your team is going to win it all.
You have committed the greatest hexing sin of all.
Enjoy it. :)

madforyanks
04-28-01, 08:17 AM
Just remember that Boston's Boys of Spring have showed that they know 101 ways to lose in the clutch in September. That's how they got their BlowSox nickname. Can you say 1-9-1-8?

bosox betty
04-28-01, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by madforyanks
Just remember that Boston's Boys of Spring have showed that they know 101 wins to lose in the clutch in September. That's how they got their BlowSox nickname. Can you say 1-9-1-8?

Just what are you trying to say, hon? A little freudian slip, perhaps?? 101 wins will certainly be enough, thanks.

I guess even you really know that our dominance is inevitable. :lol:

WindRavenX
04-28-01, 03:26 PM
Your choking is inevitable.
1986 :)

bosox betty
04-28-01, 03:44 PM
Really, wind-raven, sometime we'll have to sit down and share a little brew together..

BTW--- chains, blades or zips??? :)

Nomarchikita5
04-28-01, 05:17 PM
bosox betty you are my best friend i love you !

and i personally love her signature .
BTW i have heard yankees fans numerous times say they are going to win it all everyyear

1TonHumanHamsterWheel
04-28-01, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Nomarchikita5
BTW i have heard yankees fans numerous times say they are going to win it all everyyear
Well, that's because we have. You guys have had a good start though, even without Nomaah. Let's see if the pitching holds up.

Slippery Elm
04-28-01, 08:49 PM
Have your parade NOW, in April. In a few months you'll be behind both the Jays and Yankees.

Just wait until Jeter and Williams get their strokes!

WindRavenX
04-28-01, 10:25 PM
Yes Betty, let us have a drink.
Just don't turn your back to me and leave your drink alone :bad: :bad:

# 21 Forever
04-29-01, 05:00 PM
Guess what? The Red sox are now 2nd. And we're catching up to them! I hope they enjoyed their celebrations!

Nomarchikita5
04-29-01, 05:27 PM
my dear,
2nd is better then 3rd and we are only a game out of 1st dont hold your breathe

Bluesexy's daddy
04-29-01, 07:27 PM
Toronto will battle the YANKEES for first most of the year.

The sox will be in third.

Eddie160
04-29-01, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bluesexy's daddy
Toronto will battle the YANKEES for first most of the year.

The sox will be in third.

that looks like what will prbably happen in the upcomming weeks.

Nomarchikita5
04-29-01, 08:26 PM
just watch my friend red sox will shock you (if derek lowe gets a clue)

# 21 Forever
04-29-01, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't bet anything of any value if I were you!

madforyanks
04-29-01, 10:01 PM
Thanks so much for the editorial correction. I meant, of course, 101 ways to lose in September. Maybe they won't even wait that long. And, btw, I hope you really enjoyed that series with the Royals. BlowSox lose 1-2 IN FENWAY to one of baseball's bottom-feeding teams. :lol:

WindRavenX
04-30-01, 12:43 AM
now now people...let us not get COCKY ourselves...
:uhh: :uhh:
Jinxing is unhip :)