PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Halftime

#1PaFan
11-21-04, 11:53 AM
Fox just announced that the entertainment for this season's Super Bowl will be Sir Paul. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

SheffMVP11
11-21-04, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan
Fox just announced that the entertainment for this season's Super Bowl will be Sir Paul. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

One of my favorite people in the entire world :gulp:

We're not gonna see his titties are we?

RIyankee
11-22-04, 09:28 AM
YA YA YA!!!

Bub
11-23-04, 07:38 AM
I've never seen a superbowl halftime show, but I'll watch this one. McCartney is about 60, so I'm guessing he won't appeal to a lot of younger fans. When I was a kid, I don't think I would have been too impressed with a halftime show featuring Dean Martin singing That's Amore.

yaknowwhatuhmean?

YankeePride1967
11-23-04, 01:30 PM
I am one of the biggest Beatle fans in the world and more to the point Sir Paul. I am suspecting there won't be any "wardrobe malfunctions" this year!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-23-04, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Bub
I've never seen a superbowl halftime show, but I'll watch this one. McCartney is about 60, so I'm guessing he won't appeal to a lot of younger fans.
Same here on the first sentence. On the second, screw the younger fans! I hope they recognize all-time greatness when they see it.

#1PaFan
11-23-04, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35

Same here on the first sentence. On the second, screw the younger fans! I hope they recognize all-time greatness when they see it.

I hope they do too but I doubt it. AND, I don't give a ................!

I'll gladly take an extraordinarily talented sixty year old over a lip synching ................head anti-talented punk ANY day!
Man, it would be great if he brings Mr. Starkey along too!!! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

YankeePride1967
11-23-04, 10:03 PM

And Sir Paul has a new album coming out in the late winter/early spring, I bet we get a sampling from that (and another world tour to follow!)

patrick.o
11-24-04, 12:55 AM
Man, the last thing I want to see is Pual McCartney's tit! :barf:

patrick.o
11-24-04, 01:03 AM
I'll gladly take an extraordinarily talented sixty year old over a lip synching ................head anti-talented punk ANY day!
I've got 10 bucks says he lip-synchs. Maybe not a full on lip-synch, but at least a partially recorded performance. It's the way of the world now.

The thing that sucks is these half time shows are always the same thing. It wouyld be awesome if he just sat down and plays 2 or 3 songs the way he plays them in concert, but you know it's going to be some sort of medley of tunes, a bunch of snipets strung together. Oh well, whatever he does I'll take it. I'd rather watch Paul just sit on stage and do nothing than watch another of the ................ty half time shows the NFL has been pumping out over the years.

Man, it would be great if he brings Mr. Starkey along too!!! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
That would be pretty sweet.

Bub
11-24-04, 07:05 AM
Man, it would be great if he brings Mr. Starkey along too!!! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: I thought about that too. Thing is, Ringo wouldn't get equal billing and I don't know if anyone would be comfortable with that. However, if he sang "With a Little Help From my Friends" or "It don't Come Easy," that would be fun to watch. I suppose Paul will do a Beatles tune regardless.

reelbiggecko
11-24-04, 10:48 AM
You'd be surprised how many younger fans the Beatles appeal to.

Bub
11-24-04, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by reelbiggecko
You'd be surprised how many younger fans the Beatles appeal to. Hey, my kids love the Beatles, although they do have it in their ears quite a lot because it's my house. The attraction of McCartney alone may be different though...not too many youngsters know his other stuff.

Yankee Bulldawg
11-24-04, 01:50 PM
Amen to Sir Paul, one of the most legendary musicians of all time

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-24-04, 03:30 PM
Yet another halftime show I won't be watching. I go to ESPN at halftime, I could not care less about the washed up acts they throw out there every year. Kid Rock... Bon Jovi...Michael Jackson... Justin Timberlake...I don't have anything against Paul McCartney but his best musical years were a long time ago. What's the last hit record he's had?

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-24-04, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by PlsDontTearDownY.S.
What's the last hit record he's had?
I believe his "The World Tonight" single a few years ago hit number 2 here. Not to mention he finished up a massive SOLD OUT world tour a year or two ago. If you were there or saw video of it, you'd know he's anything but washed up.

reelbiggecko, my brother (17) and I (20) are two of the "kids" out there who love the Beatles. But there are still a lot who haven't a clue.

yeahimweird
11-24-04, 05:53 PM
I'm one of those "kids" who likes The Beatles, too. They're awesome. :cool:

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
11-26-04, 12:57 AM

I believe his "The World Tonight" single a few years ago hit number 2 here. Not to mention he finished up a massive SOLD OUT world tour a year or two ago. If you were there or saw video of it, you'd know he's anything but washed up.

reelbiggecko, my brother (17) and I (20) are two of the "kids" out there who love the Beatles. But there are still a lot who haven't a clue. I never heard of that record. They need to stop trotting out these acts, scrap the whole halftime show, it's a waste of time. It has nothing to do with football.

patrick.o
11-26-04, 08:25 AM
They need to stop trotting out these acts, scrap the whole halftime show, it's a waste of time. It has nothing to do with football.
I agree. They have a great opportunity to do something football related with 90 million people watching and instead they run out popular musicians to perform a song or two in a broadway production type of atmosphere. I've never seen a halftime show where I thought, wow, that was great!

But of course the entire Super Bowl is geared towards "attracting the casual fan" instead od rewarding the diehard fans who support the league week to week, so what do I know.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-26-04, 01:03 PM
I never heard of that record.
Your loss. It was really good. :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
11-26-04, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by patrick.o

I agree. They have a great opportunity to do something football related with 90 million people watching and instead they run out popular musicians to perform a song or two in a broadway production type of atmosphere. I've never seen a halftime show where I thought, wow, that was great!

The great halftime shows are usually never shown on TV. The ones I saw at Texas Stadium and at the Holiday Bowl last year around Christmastime were both fantastic. Neither featured any dumb popular music acts.

What football-related thing could they do? Punt, Pass, & Kick Championship? They SHOULD do what they do most other weeks of the season--leave the halftime entertainment for the crowd actually present at the stadium, and give the TV audience a really solid halftime analysis show. I wonder how many people would watch if there were no commercials or halftime shows... this would never happen, but at least I'd never have to hear "I just watch it for the commercials" ever again. :o

NYCVirago
12-01-04, 03:01 AM
What football-related thing could they do? Punt, Pass, & Kick Championship? They SHOULD do what they do most other weeks of the season--leave the halftime entertainment for the crowd actually present at the stadium, and give the TV audience a really solid halftime analysis show. I wonder how many people would watch if there were no commercials or halftime shows... this would never happen, but at least I'd never have to hear "I just watch it for the commercials" ever again. :o

Speaking of which, have you noticed that in the past two weeks since the Terrell Owens/Nicollette Sheridan brouhaha on MNF, they've actually featured more football-related stuff? Two weeks in a row, they skipped the stupid pre-game skit and had football players talking. And this week's halftime show was about Howard Cosell's halftime football highlights show back in the day, instead of one of those dopey prank skits (the only good prank they had this year was the one Ronde Barber played on Tiki!)

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
12-01-04, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by NYCVirago
(the only good prank they had this year was the one Ronde Barber played on Tiki!)

No way, the best one so far was when they got Torry Holt! That was priceless.

reelbiggecko
12-01-04, 12:49 PM
I'm one of the "kids" too. I'm 19 and have loved the Beatles forever, probably because I grew up listening to them so much.

PlsDontTearDownY.S.
12-01-04, 02:14 PM
I hate the Super Bowl anyway, to me the best day in football is championship Sunday. No corporate crowd, no neutral site, just football. When they tried halftime entertainment in Philly two years ago I remember they booed Ja Rule off the field.

RhodyYanksFan
12-02-04, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Bub
McCartney is about 60, so I'm guessing he won't appeal to a lot of younger fans.

Because Justin and Janet, Justin and Britney and Aerosmith and Nelly appeal to anyone over 20...I'm looking forward to this and I might actually watch the show, something I haven't done sine U2 in 2001.

reelbiggecko
12-02-04, 05:49 PM
I hate the Super Bowl anyway, to me the best day in football is championship Sunday. No corporate crowd, no neutral site, just football. When they tried halftime entertainment in Philly two years ago I remember they booed Ja Rule off the field.

That's Philly. Who HASN'T gotten bood off the field in Philly in their lifetime?

FreeYayo
12-02-04, 11:14 PM
Paulie Shore is making the greatest comeback of all time.

AMC
12-03-04, 09:52 PM
reelbiggecko, my brother (17)

Sorry to get technical, but isn't your brother 19? ;)

NYCVirago
12-04-04, 01:25 AM

No way, the best one so far was when they got Torry Holt! That was priceless.

Was that the one with the guy in the tutu? If so, I felt embarrassed for him.