PDA

View Full Version : What About Tiger Woods???

CarolR
04-11-01, 08:36 PM
How could we forget about him in this forum??????? Besides the Yankees I can't think of a better topic to say congrats too!

Bub
04-11-01, 10:32 PM
Last night, Jay Leno challenged Tiger to a round of miniature golf for $1,000 a hole. I'll be watching in a few minutes to see if he got a reply. There's nothing else you can say about Woods that hasn't been said before. He's re-writing the meaning of dominating a professional sport.

Ansky39
04-12-01, 07:08 AM
i'm no golf fan, but for some reason, when that guy's on tv, my eyes are glued to the set... it's ridiculous how good he is... it just ain't right... i mean major after major after major after major... you're right carol, it is odd no mention of what he accomplished this weekend... i mean, historically speaking, i can only think of one comparable accomplishment at least in my lifetime, and that would be the yanks winning 3 str8 and 4 outta 5... but then you think about it and realize,
1) it took alot of guys working together,

2) although the core has remained the same, we've needed outside help from year to year to maintain our high level of excellence...

and most important 3) it's been done before, and even surpassed by previous yankees dynasties...

what this kid is doing is making history right before our eyes... he's a living legend, and fortunately, a seemingly kool guy too...

hats off to you tiger, you're a real class act...

Eddie160
04-12-01, 01:21 PM
Tiger is something special he's the Yankees of Golf.

Nome
04-12-01, 02:22 PM
Tiger has nothing to compare himself to. He simply overpowers everyone in the game. No individual or team ever dominated sport as has that man.

Ansky39
04-12-01, 02:32 PM
you know nomes you're probably right...

i was thinking that maybe you could compare his dominance to what, ughhh, pedro does on the mound... as much as i hate him cause he's a sux, i am absolutely floored by the virtual ease w/ which he dominates his craft... but unfortunately, the analogy's faulty due to the differences in the two sports... i mean tigers domincce translates into the ultimate triumph in his sport whereas pedro can only impact one aspect of baseball........

Ansky39
04-12-01, 02:33 PM
ugghh, that was my 1000th post... well i guess agreeing w/ nomes is as good a way to celebrate as any... ;)

oh isht... nomes, we're both at 1000 at the same time...

LeftField
04-12-01, 03:42 PM
Golf does nothing for me.

Nome
04-12-01, 03:44 PM
Damn.

Kurt,

I keep telling you we need to get together for a beer. Hey 1000 posts on the same day demands a celebration. Name the day and place and I will drive my Corvette to meet you, unless I have a previous engagement to go fishing. Or are you afraid to meet me??

Ansky39
04-13-01, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Nome
Damn.

Kurt,

I keep telling you we need to get together for a beer. Hey 1000 posts on the same day demands a celebration. Name the day and place and I will drive my Corvette to meet you, unless I have a previous engagement to go fishing. Or are you afraid to meet me??

me, afraid... never nomes... just so long as you don't lecture me about drinking smoking swearing or chasin' chicks ;)

we definitely gotta get together and catch a game or something... but where??? new york or florida??? i can meet you either place but it's gotta be a weekend??? and if it's fla, gimme two weeks notice so i can get a good flight...

what are you doing memorial weekend???

Nome
04-13-01, 01:47 PM
A,

NY, Balt or Fla suits me. Fla needs planning, as you said to get the good cheap seats. Nothing planned of omportance on Memorial Day yet.

Hey Drinking, smoking, cussing and chasing chicks sounds OK, but I don'r smoke.

Nome
04-13-01, 01:50 PM
By the way, Woods is truly phenomenal and no one in history could come close to him as a golfer.
But during the 60's golf was far more interesting and competitive with Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Trevino, Chi-Chi, and Billy Casper for starters. Those were characters who added color to the game.

deppgirl66
04-13-01, 03:46 PM
Yeah that guy never ceases to amaze. let's see if he can truly win a Grand Slam now - by winning all the four major's in one calendar year.

#1PaFan
04-15-01, 05:32 PM
This is late, but did anybody see the putt Tiger made a couple weeks ago? If you saw it, you know what I'm talking about.

It was about an eighteen foot shot and it did a figure "S" The announcers were saying that he had to hit it left because of the slope. Blah, blah, blah...
They noticed he was aiming right of the cup and said that he was making a mistake.
He did hit it right- the ball then broke left for about eight or nine feet and then came back to the right to go in the cup.
I can't stand golf, but that shot was amazing.

BTW, congrats to Kurt & Andy!!! You guys are the straws that stir the drink! :)

KLJ
04-16-01, 01:50 PM
i love golf, but i'm not a tiger woods fan..

CJM
04-17-01, 03:12 PM
Don't like golf,never have,never will.I could care less about Tiger Woods.

JeanC
04-17-01, 06:58 PM
Congratulations Tiger!!! Wow to Play Golf like he Does!!! :)
And to be so young and hold sooo many titles already!!!

:D

Jim Netscape is working for me soo far!