PDA

View Full Version : Technically new

Markus
04-11-01, 08:03 PM
How are ya?

Although I've been reading the posts on this forum and have already registered a couple of weeks ago, I haven't posted anything until today. I was on the old Yankee forum as well. The new mlbcrap.com one seems to be populated by morons.

I don't post continuously, since I usually like to have something constructive to say when I do. However, during the course of the season I may end up opening the floodgates and you'll have to break my fingers to shut me up.

Personally, I live in Hollywood but am from Syracuse via Buffalo via Manhattan. Born a Yankee fan (handed down from dad) and will die one.

Every summer I feel a magnetic urge to return to the Stadium. I left NY in Sept. 96 (unbelievably BAD timing), and of everything I miss, Yankee Stadium tops the list. Might have to wait until September to be there again, but I guarantee I will.

Until then, this will be the closest I can come. By the way, my signature paraphrases one of my favorite movies. Guess it and get a gold star.

ajc9goyanks
04-11-01, 08:30 PM
That is one of the Conan movies. The first one right? Happy posting Pellethead!!!

Markus
04-11-01, 08:35 PM
Gold star!

Jen!!!
04-12-01, 08:42 AM
I'm always too late when someone's handing out gold stars...jeez. :rolleyes: :P
Welcome, Pellethead...interesting name, by the way. :)

Jim F.
04-12-01, 10:47 AM
Hey - you've got a pellet on your head! <smack> ;)

Welcome aboard! This site is very well populated with Californians!

-jim

CJM
04-12-01, 10:54 AM
Welcome.

b-ball-lunachick
04-12-01, 12:45 PM
Nice to have you, Pellethead...interesting name by the way! :)

Markus
04-12-01, 01:17 PM
Actually, I've got a pellet in my head.

Chris
04-12-01, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pellethead
Actually, I've got a pellet in my head.

When I was about eight a buddy and I shot eachother with a pellet gun, my pellet stuck in his head.
It was a learning experience.

Your name isn't Scott is it?

allybear
04-12-01, 01:33 PM
Hi Pellethead! So, are you Chris' long-lost "friend"? ;)

This is a great place to talk Yankee baseball - have fun! :)

Eddie160
04-12-01, 02:11 PM
welcome

MonicaRFNY
04-12-01, 02:36 PM
Welcome aboard, Pellethead!

Monica :)

ZYANK
04-12-01, 02:52 PM
:) Welcome! :)

Markus
04-12-01, 03:30 PM
Nope, I'm not Scott. My pellet got there under much more sinister circumstances and blinded one eye on the way in. It was a drive-by shooting.

That was a year and a half ago. Ancient history. Now that I think about it, is it possible to change my user name without registering as a new user? I think it's time to leave the past behind.

Thanks for the welcomes, by the way. I'm starting to blab on already.

Superunknown
04-12-01, 04:55 PM
Hi, I remember you from the other forum. Nice to have you here. :)

If you do go ahead and change your name, I hope you won't change your signature. I love it! :D

Chris
04-12-01, 05:10 PM
Pellethead (I do love the name despite the circumstances you took it from),

I want you to know that I wasn't making light of having a pellet in your head.
I admit that I look back on my memory and laugh about it, but I'm also aware that we're both pretty lucky and that our "playing" could've easily changed one of our lives drastically.
If I could count the dumb things I've done in my life and gotten away with, well....I'd still be counting.

Anyway, I'm just saying, sorry if it seemed like I was making fun or making light.

I do like the name.

Markus
04-12-01, 05:34 PM
No apology necessary, Chris. I didn't take your comments to be negative at all. Believe me, I'm not that sensitive about it. As I said, ancient history.

Nice that you like the name, but I'm definitely changing it. I was actually thinking about this last night, that it's time to move on. Yeah, the incident changed my life, but its time to close that chapter. Besides, I just want to talk about the greatest godd@mn team in the world!

Pellethead no more! Oh man, now I gotta change all my e-mail addresses!

I'm trying to get my new name up without having to re-register. I posted a lot today (I'm extremely bored at work) and I don't want to have to start over. When I do, you'll know.

The signature doesn't change by the way. Thanks, Superunknown. I miss Soundgarden.

Superunknown
04-12-01, 09:09 PM
I miss them too. They broke up about a month after I started to like them! Grrr....

I'm glad you're keeping the sig! :D