PDA

View Full Version : Troy retires a cowboy

19laura
04-09-01, 02:26 PM
ESPN just cut in on his press conference.. it's official Troy Aikman has retired as a Dallas Cowboy.

Laura :NY:

allybear
04-09-01, 03:29 PM
Good, I hated the thought of him going out and getting his brains scrambled any further!

He seems like an intelligent man, and I'm sure he'll have a fine post-football life.

Stick Michael
04-09-01, 10:55 PM
Even though I am not a football fan I'm happy to see Troy Aikman, a future Hall of Famer, play his entire career in one uniform and more importantly I'm glad he got out when he did. Concussions are not to be taken lightly. Could he have continued playing? Knowing the competitor he was he probably could have but the risk far outweighed any reward. Hopefully his retirement will provide him with a a long, happy, healthy life after football.

James

CJM
04-10-01, 03:49 AM
Glad to hear it.He goes out able to walk and with all his marbles.He had nothing left to prove,and in 5 years he will be a first ballot HOF'er.

I always hated the Cowboys,but I respect what they did on the field.Those Dallas teams of the 90's were truly great.

orangemom
04-10-01, 06:27 AM
I don't know what changed his mind, but I am very happy to see that he did.

MAFIA
04-10-01, 07:51 AM
HE is one of the greatest QB'S that i've ever seen, glad to hear it.

sanfranciscojetergirl
04-11-01, 10:40 AM
I am sorry to see him go but I wish him well

19laura
04-11-01, 02:04 PM
I too am sorry to see him retire...but glad he is doing so a cowboy!

CarolR
04-12-01, 09:54 AM
Boy I feel old. It seems like just last year that he was a rookie. I can remember the Jints beating them up that year and Bill Parcels gesture to Johnson "To keep his chin up" at the end of the game. Boy did they ever keep it up for a long long time.

Happy Retirement Troy........

19laura
04-12-01, 01:51 PM
Actually he is still young (well 34 or 35.. yes I think that is young :D)- but Carol you are right! It does seem like only yesterday that he was a rookie..

With all the concussions he has had..I think it was just plain smart for him to want to retire.

Laura :NY:

Sillycon
04-12-01, 04:19 PM
orangemom - it's because there weren't any decent openings at the QB position. In a way, he was forced into retirement. Now only Emmit Smith remains from the Dallas triplets. Sad day for Cowboy fans... :(

Butnud
04-19-01, 09:02 PM
Now who is his replacement?

Drew Henson :lol::lol:

oh wait he has a broken hand!