PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys at Redskins

NYYFAN
09-27-04, 04:19 PM
This is for you Nat...and George to torment her...

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 04:49 PM
:lol: Well thanks. I'm not much of one for game-threading unless it's to make fun of the Cheeseheads or some other related activity, but I'll try to check in when good things happen. I've got an important Dodger game to watch on mlbtv at the same time. :eek: ;)

Looie #19
09-27-04, 06:10 PM
Seeing the Cowboys lose may make MNF pallatable for the first time in a while.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Looie #19
Seeing the Cowboys lose may make MNF pallatable for the first time in a while.

Hating on both MNF AND America's Team?! That's... Un-American! :scared: :scared: :uhh: :eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :O

Looie #19
09-27-04, 06:37 PM
It's not that I hate MNF, it's just been a bit stale for a while. Madden can be a tad grating after about, say.....5 minutes. It's not that I hate the Cowboys, I just don't really like them is all. Having white trash neighbors that had every single shred of Cowboys gear during the 1990s dynasty really made me dislike them.

I might actually watch the game tonight between other things. I've found that anything in HD is typically worth watching, and if I recall correctly, MNF has a pretty good HD feed. Parcells' dye job should look splendiferous in HD.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Looie #19
Parcells' dye job should look splendiferous in HD.

I got news for ya. I saw him up close frequently during the summer, and the dye job has pretty much faded. ;) He does still wear his pants halfway up to his neck though!

HOORAY FOR THE TUNA!!!! :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 06:52 PM
I gotta find a way to weasel outta the 2nd hour of tap rehearsal so I can get back for opening kickoff. I think I'll tell them I have to go "study" or something. I'm wearing my new Roy Williams jersey though, so I'll be with them in spirit regardless! Off to tap!

Yankee Bulldawg
09-27-04, 07:26 PM
I'm rooting for the Redskins since i cant stand the Cowboys

JeffWeaverFan
09-27-04, 08:01 PM
Lets go Cowboys!!!!

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:02 PM
Here We Go!!!!

Come on 'Skins!!! Kick some felon Ass here!!!! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Yankee Bulldawg

You're a good man, YB!!! :gulp:

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:10 PM
Throw the ball to Coles!!!! :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:11 PM
I don't think I can be in here. Too many R**dskins lovers.

ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Yankee Bulldawg

Aren't you a Giants fan? Does it irk you that we really don't care about the Giants at all? Giants:Cowboys as Texas Tech:UT, as San Diego Padres:LA Dodgers, as San Diego Chargers:rest of AFC West.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:16 PM
OK, Crackheads. If you're going to throw the ball, throw it to Jason Witten. Otherwise, fumble the ball.

Terry Glenn and MeShawn Johnson. A marriage made in heaven for South America's Team.

3 & out Baby!!!! :gulp:

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by DaBoys4LifeNYY35
I don't think I can be in here. Too many R**dskins lovers.

ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He went to OKLAHOMA right, Nat? :D

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by #1PaFan

He went to OKLAHOMA right, Nat? :D

All is forgiven once the Starred Helmet is put on.

Seriously, I was praying and praying and praying we'd take him in '02 so I could watch him be amazing for MY team for years to come. When we traded down to the 8-spot I almost died, but the instant his name was announced by Tags, he became my favorite player.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:22 PM
Come on, Brunnell! What the hell was that? Well, at least it wasn't an interception. :)

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:23 PM
Come on, Brunnell! What the hell was that? Well, at least it wasn't an interception. :)

When a guy craps up the darn QB challenge by throwing 3/4 of his passes high and out of bounds, you know things aren't going to be good.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:29 PM
WTG Coles!!!!

Man, Hunter looks messed up. I hate to see crap like that.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:29 PM
NOOO!!!! We have like, no one behind Hunter!!! Plus, I really like the kid. :(

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:32 PM
I don't think he dragged his 2nd foot.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:34 PM
NOOO!!!! We have like, no one behind Hunter!!! Plus, I really like the kid. :(

No problem, Nat. Hell, my Pack kept it close on the road yesterday and apparently, we didn't have any defensive backs in the game at all!!! :)

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:37 PM
I've thought Dedric Ward being on this team was stupid from the moment we signed him. The whole "I'm a 'Parcells Guy' " thing has to stop somewhere. He was less than crap at training camp.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:38 PM
Wow!!! The Pink Sox should pick him up!!!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:39 PM
This Pickle Power commercial gives all 5 Browns fans a bad name.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:41 PM
Chiefs - Ravens next Monday? Man, that's gonna suck. Maybe we should start a pool: When will Vermeil shed his first tear? I'll say 10:03.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:43 PM
Oh man, isn't that sad? Seventy three year old Eddie George finally has a decent run and it's called back. :evil:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:46 PM
Chiefs - Ravens next Monday? Man, that's gonna suck. Maybe we should start a pool: When will Vermeil shed his first tear? I'll say 10:03.

I think he'll hold it in until after the game. Waterworks will let loose in the postgame interview whether they win or lose. If they win, he'll cry about their heart, if they lose, he'll cry about them being 0-4. So I'll say 12:27.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:46 PM
OMFG!!!! What a bull................ call!!!! What a crock of horse manure!!! Un................ingbelievable!!!!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:47 PM
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:49 PM
Dan Snyder can bite my butt.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 08:52 PM
DID YOU SEE THAT HIT?!?!?!?!? :scared:

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:54 PM
Man, my man Coles is having a TERRIBLE start. One sweet catch and then he dropped about 3 or 4 in a row. Come on, ya bitch, I want to crack 300 points!!!

OK, now to the NYYFANS league, throw the ball to Witten, damnit! :)

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 08:58 PM
How did that feel, Vincent? Remind ya of your senior year in the Bowl in the Desert? Heh heh heh.

NYYFAN
09-27-04, 09:07 PM

At 0-3 he's crying right now...

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN

At 0-3 he's crying right now...

Of course he is. I was waiting for him to cry during the press conference yesterday, but I zoned out. Did he?

I think George is talking about when, next Monday night, will Vermeil turn on the waterworks. :)

My brother does a great Dick Vermeil impression.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 09:14 PM
Hey, ya know, the Skins have some rather nice Cheerleaders. Very healthy looking.

Man, get Brunnell out of there. He's almost as lame as I am.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 09:15 PM
That second sack was by my man Greg Ellis. Thanks for reminding me to change my roster, Mark! :D

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 09:17 PM
Is it so wrong that I felt a deep sense of personal triumph and satisfaction when I found out Arrington had to have surgery last week?

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 09:18 PM
There's your man, George!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 09:21 PM
I used to absolutely ADORE Brandon Noble. He was one of those great guys who'd sign for EVERYONE at camp. He never left before everyone who wanted his sig got it. :(

NYYFAN
09-27-04, 09:21 PM
Hey, ya know, the Skins have some rather nice Cheerleaders. Very healthy looking.

I noticed that too...I like the outfits...:smokin:

NYYFAN
09-27-04, 09:22 PM
That second sack was by my man Greg Ellis. Thanks for reminding me to change my roster, Mark! :D

Actually, I thought you were done...Jason's going to kill me...:lol:

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by NYYFAN

I noticed that too...I like the outfits...:smokin:

Yes, the outfits really seem to fit them rather well. :gulp:

THROW the ball to Coles!!!

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 09:35 PM
................!!!! Damn, I wish Coles would have gone in there.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 09:37 PM
What the hell was THAT? Portis just stopped. Man.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 09:39 PM
Nice stop. Too bad it didn't happen about 50 yards ago.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 09:40 PM
Seriously, that whole 4 fresh downs on the goal-line and coming away with only 3... very Cowboy-like on Washington's part.

#1PaFan
09-27-04, 09:43 PM
That was a yawner of a first half....

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 10:12 PM
TD to WITTEN!!!! :gulp:

That drive was too easy. We didn't even crap it up in the red zone! :gulp:

Nice job by Antonio on that catch. Last year his case of the Butterfingers was so bad, the guy behind me at the game called one of his receptions "Immaculate Reception Part 2". Way to be, Antonio. Way to be. Make THE #88 proud!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 10:51 PM
All the Cowboys on my fantasy teams have been money thus far tonight! 13 more minutes. Keep it up!!!

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 11:31 PM
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JeffWeaverFan
09-27-04, 11:32 PM
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Nat. As a Redskin hater, I'm happy too.:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-27-04, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan

Congrats Nat. As a Redskin hater, I'm happy too.:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

I appreciate the sentiment. Thanks. :) It feels darn good.

#1PaFan
09-28-04, 01:27 PM
Congrats Nat! I missed the whole 2nd half.

PinstripePride
09-28-04, 01:33 PM
Redskins suck. :gulp:

YankyDave
09-28-04, 02:29 PM
Hmmm Yankees fan and Cowboys fan....lemme guess is Duke your college b-ball team and the Lakers your NBA team?

YankyDave
09-28-04, 02:30 PM
Congrats Nat! I missed the whole 2nd half.

Funny, so did the refs..

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-28-04, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by YankyDave
Hmmm Yankees fan and Cowboys fan....lemme guess is Duke your college b-ball team and the Lakers your NBA team?

I'm a So-Cal native, but my dad is from Texas. I've been a Cowboys fan since '89--and that's just when I became conscious of it, when I was 4-5. I bleed and I cry for this team, so don't even go there. I saw them win 3 rings, but I also was with them in the crappy years before and after and watched as most of their "fans" jumped off the bandwagon. Also adore the Longhorns (football, basketball, baseball) and follow the Stars in hockey.

As for baseball, yeah I'm a huge Yanks fan for a variety of reasons that I've already explained elsewhere on this forum, but my first love there is with the Dodgers (I guess you've never noticed the depressing quotes in my sig from Dodger Blues?). And yes, I love the Lakers.

I have no reason to like Duke. I root for UT in basketball--heck, they played Princeton, the school I GO to in the tournament last year, and I STILL rooted for Texas.

I'm a Californian with a Texan father--that's where I get all of my allegiances except for the whole "Yankee thing". And it's more than just a "thing"--this poor college student blew most of her money last year buying a partial season ticket plan that I'm about to finish up on Thursday.

Don't even go there, you bitter, bitter R**skins fan. Just because we made it 13 of the last 14... I really hate when people put the Cowboys and Yankees thing together and think they have me all figured out! I never have been, nor will I ever be, a front-runner.

GO 'BOYS. :gulp:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-28-04, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by PinstripePride
Redskins suck. :gulp:

I agree wholeheartedly. ;)

bxny
09-28-04, 04:34 PM
We need to do juussst a little more tweaking. ;)

PinstripePride
09-28-04, 04:40 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. ;)

BTW, question about that bet in your siggy....it's not going to be decided until after next years NFL season?

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-28-04, 05:08 PM

BTW, question about that bet in your siggy....it's not going to be decided until after next years NFL season?

You are correct, sir!

bxny
09-28-04, 05:34 PM

You are correct, sir!

Correct. Unless of course, if by some Act of Gibbs, the Redskins should make the playoffs this year.... then Nat will be singing a new tune. :P

PinstripePride
09-28-04, 06:11 PM
That blows...I wanted to see some facepaint this year. I'm pulling for Nat for two reasons, 1) facepaint is more fun than a fight song, and 2) Jetskins suck. Sorry bnxy.

#1PaFan
09-29-04, 06:47 AM
Gibbs was too happy.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7731304

Costly Monday night calls gnaw at Gibbs
Sept. 28, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports

ASHBURN, Va. -- Apparently even a Hall of Fame coach doesn't get a break from the officials.

Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs on Tuesday reviewed the tape of the previous night's loss to the Dallas Cowboys and determined he was on the wrong side of "two awful calls."

"I don't get focused on that stuff. It doesn't do any good to talk about it," Gibbs said. "But I'll tell you this -- you couldn't get anything farther from what should have been called in both cases. Both of them were touchdowns; both of them go against us."

Disputable calls that went both ways played a significant part in Dallas' 21-18 victory.

"You're frustrated. You're mad, and realize that in close games you need to have those things called correctly," Gibbs said. "I've been in it long enough to know that just doesn't happen sometimes, too. They miss a lot of stuff."

Gibbs was particularly unhappy with a first-quarter pass interference call on Walt Harris, who was grabbed first by Dallas receiver Terry Glenn. The 40-yard penalty gave Dallas the ball on the 1-yard line, and the Cowboys scored on the next play.

Then, in the fourth quarter, with Washington trailing 21-10, Rod Gardner just missed chasing down a long pass in the end zone with defensive back Terence Newman trailing.

That play was worth Gibbs' blow-by-blow review.

"The DB is at his back, not looking at all backward toward the passer," Gibbs said. "He's just looking at Rod. When he goes into the end zone he took his arm and he comes down and hooks Rod's arm and pulls it down before the ball got there."

Gibbs said both plays have been sent to the NFL office for review, the usual procedure for any calls that are questionable.

Gibbs didn't mention another call that went against the Redskins, a muffed punt jarred loose by Mike Sellers. The play was ruled down by contact.

Or, for that matter, an important call that went the Redskins' way: running back Clinton Portis not being ruled down by contact on a key third down even though his knee had clearly touched the ground.

The disputable calls, replay challenges, penalties and wasted timeouts made for a game that had no flow and was sometimes laborious to watch. Despite his comments about the officiating, Gibbs was the first to acknowledge that the Redskins could have won the game simply by making fewer mistakes on offense.

Mark Brunell started slowly and was sacked five times. A first-and-goal at the 1 resulted in just a field goal. Two vital timeouts were wasted in the third quarter, and Gibbs then used his last one early in the fourth quarter on a replay challenge that was correctly upheld.

"On offense, we're not real smooth over there," Gibbs said.

Laveranues Coles dropped three passes in the first quarter, although Gibbs revealed Tuesday that Coles had dislocated a finger early in the game and kept playing without telling the trainer.

Gibbs went out of his way to defend Brunell, who rallied to make some pinpoint passes on the move in the second half to keep the game close. Brunell, playing on a sore hamstring, was 25-of-43 for 325 yards.

"It was a heroic effort on his part," Gibbs said. "He did miss a lot of practice because of the hamstring. I thought it was a great performance. He was very, very accurate on some of those things."

Gibbs, who retired from the NFL and spent the last 11 seasons in NASCAR until the Redskins lured him back in January, took the blame for the wasted timeouts, which were called by Brunell in the third quarter to avoid delay-of-game penalties. They would have been vital when the Cowboys were winding down the clock in the final minutes. Gibbs said he has made his offense a bit too complex.

"I've got to simplify some things in there package-wise," Gibbs said. "We're trying to do too much. We shouldn't get caught in those situations."

bxny
09-29-04, 03:42 PM
And Roy Williams should have been flagged for launching himself helmet-to-helmet into Gardner on the last play of the game.

That's alright though, the 'Skins made enough mistakes on there own against a "playoff" team to lose it.

Gibbs will get them straight before it's over.

bxny
09-29-04, 03:48 PM
That blows...I wanted to see some facepaint this year. I'm pulling for Nat for two reasons, 1) facepaint is more fun than a fight song, and 2) Jetskins suck. Sorry bnxy.

You want to see facepaint?

Betting a Redskin fan that if he loses he has to wear facepaint, is like betting George if he loses he has to drink a twelve pack. Somethings just come naturally. :evil:

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
09-29-04, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by bxny
And Roy Williams should have been flagged for launching himself helmet-to-helmet into Gardner on the last play of the game.

That's alright though, the 'Skins made enough mistakes on there own against a "playoff" team to lose it.

Gibbs will get them straight before it's over.

Michaels and Madden explained helmet to helmet is fair game once the receiver has possession and, in essence, becomes a rusher.

PinstripePride
09-29-04, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by bxny

You want to see facepaint?

Betting a Redskin fan that if he loses he has to wear facepaint, is like betting George if he loses he has to drink a twelve pack. Somethings just come naturally. :evil:

Not when its Dallas facepaint. :lol: Enjoy the big star on your forehead. :P