PDA

View Full Version : Ugh..... Duke

PettittesPrincess
04-02-01, 10:24 PM
Well that was an interesting game. I wanted Arizona, and maybe if they were more successful at the foul line, they might have been in it at the end. Though there was plenty of questionable calls against the Cats, big time, there's no excuse for that in a championship game. Roach K and Shane Battier make me sick. Ok... done venting.

MAFIA
04-03-01, 05:06 AM
IF you are talking about THE BATTIER AND BOOZER block's they were all ball. THE ONE W/WILLIAMS going over the guy's back they definately missed that one, overall I thought it was a good game by everyone. ARIZONAplayed tough, DUKE just played better all around, COACH K BABY!

MAFIA
04-03-01, 08:53 AM
THE game was physical, although not as much as the MARYLAND game that game was rough! I also like the fact that the ref's let the kid's play, not like the NBA where everytime a player get's a sissy tap they complain for a foul.

koko
04-03-01, 09:16 AM
I'm still reeling from this one! :(
There were some missed calls. There were touch fouls left and right in the paint, but not on the guard play. Unfortunately Jason Williams had 7 fouls to give! The one where he lunged over Arenas, a charge on Gardner and the final one with about 5 minutes left, leading with the elbow were all missed calls!!!

But, the better team won. That's for sure. I saw them beat up on my beloved UNC Tarheels a couple of times, and they are a great squad. I just can't stand Coach K!!

MAFIA
04-03-01, 10:22 AM
WHAT'S wrong w/ coach k? THE guy is all class, and a great mentor for young kid's.

PettittesPrincess
04-03-01, 12:49 PM
No there were definitely some good calls, but I mean there was one on Luke Walton that he did not even touch the guy and he got called. Arizona could barely breathe around Battier without getting called. Oh well, Coach K is not class, I thought so too for awhile, but the guy is a whiner.... ugh.

koko
04-04-01, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by MAFIA
WHAT'S wrong w/ coach k? THE guy is all class, and a great mentor for young kid's.

That's what you'd think. That he's all class. He's a PR machine. He got in good with Vitale by giving him an "access all areas" pass to his program. Feeding him stories, etc for good press from him and ESPN. That was after Dean Smith had refused the same request.

The guy is a self-serving jerk. His image is all spin.

It is unbelievable that a guy straight out of the Bobby Knight regime, and Knight protoge can have such a squeaky clean image.

CJM
04-05-01, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by koko

That's what you'd think. That he's all class. He's a PR machine. He got in good with Vitale by giving him an "access all areas" pass to his program. Feeding him stories, etc for good press from him and ESPN. That was after Dean Smith had refused the same request.

The guy is a self-serving jerk. His image is all spin.

It is unbelievable that a guy straight out of the Bobby Knight regime, and Knight protoge can have such a squeaky clean image.

I disagree,but seeing as your'e a Carolina fan,your'e allowed to vent.;)

koko
04-05-01, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by CJM

I disagree,but seeing as your'e a Carolina fan,your'e allowed to vent.;)

I'm not saying he runs a dirty program or anything like that. D**e is as clean as a whistle.