PDA

View Full Version : Rangers beat Devils!

Danmel
03-31-01, 06:20 PM
No, this is not an early April Fool's Day joke! They won 4-3 at the Meadowlands, no less! Wow!

allybear
03-31-01, 08:02 PM
Adding this to the Pat LaFontaine trophy for beating the Isles in the season series, I guess the Rangers aren't the most pathetic team in the tri-state area!

It is taking less and less to make me happy these days...:)

Danmel
03-31-01, 08:09 PM
I think the Rangers and Isles are both pretty pathetic, Ally-Beating the Isles 3-2-2 in a season series is not a feat to boast about! And given the payroll and experience disparity, one could make the argument that the Rangers might actually be worse,
Be that as it may- I am a Ranger fan who goes to alot of Isles games due to proximity, cost and availablity and a hockey junkie son. I have come to like some of these guys and they are accessible to the fans. I root for both of them. WHen they play each other, I root for whoever the game matters to most (which this year has been neither) I hope future years bring better fortune to both of them!

Lefty Gomez
03-31-01, 08:27 PM
Hell (or at least the Jersey Swamp) has frozen over! :lol: Geez, if the Rangers had an iota of the passion they've displayed over the last week or so in gear for previous part of the season, they'd be in the playoffs, no doubt!

orangemom
03-31-01, 09:20 PM
:lol: A friend of mine drove down there for the game today. He has been taunting me for WEEKS about what his precious Devils were gonna do to my Rangers. :lol: Oh well, I'll be gentle with him. At least he's a Yankee fan. :lol:

Jim F.
03-31-01, 10:55 PM
I couldn't believe it!

Stick Michael
04-01-01, 11:23 PM
Maybe I'm a little off base in saying this but it's almost insulting that the Rangers play their best hockey of the season, or close to it, AFTER they're dead and buried. Once they were officially eliminated from the playoffs they started playing loose again. They started playing defense, they starting hitting people...heck, some players even looked like they were having fun out there. I almost didn't recognize them! Of course, had these games meant anything the Rangers surely would have pulled their disappearing act.

Fortunately, none of that matters now...13 1/2 hours til Opening Day!

James

YanKsWo
04-02-01, 05:45 PM
Finally The Streak Ends!!! Only thing to be happy about right now for the Rangers.