PDA

View Full Version : Juan Rivera has a nice inning

JDPNYY
06-19-04, 07:47 PM
Juan Rivera hit a 2 run HR & a Grand Slam in the 2nd inning tonight.

6 RBI's in an inning, that might be more than he had in his whole Yankee career. ;)

-tz
06-19-04, 08:55 PM
So happy for him! I always liked that kid. :)

twentyquestions
06-19-04, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by -tz

ya same

now if only homer bush could go elsewhere and hit for the cycle.....

yanksrule69
06-19-04, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by -tz

Ditto.

WebsterMulligan
06-19-04, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by -tz
Me too. Congrats, Juan on your 6 RBI inning. :gulp:

sorigirl
06-19-04, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by WebsterMulligan

Me too. Congrats, Juan on your 6 RBI inning. :gulp:

I always did too. Congrats Juan!

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-20-04, 12:17 AM
I was never Juan's biggest fan but congrats to him. I am more excited about Nick Johnson continuing his great hitting...

Rich
06-20-04, 01:05 AM
He had a career inning.

rightfielder21
06-20-04, 12:51 PM
Did anyone hear the announcers that called the homeruns... They make you like Kay... :eek:

They should have a medic there to check his pulse...

check it out here..http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040619&content_id=775091&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

wexy
06-20-04, 01:42 PM
But at least when he said "That is deep" it wasn't over the shortstop's head but over the centerfield wall ;)

JeffWeaverFan
06-20-04, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by rightfielder21
Did anyone hear the announcers that called the homeruns... They make you like Kay... :eek:

check it out here..http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20040619&content_id=775091&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp
Those were the White Sox announcers. They are incredibly annoying and upbeat when their own guys hit HR's but when the away team does they show no emotion. I remember one time I was watching the Yankees play the Sox and one of our guys hit what would have been a double if it was fair and they yelled "Get foul! Get foul!" I wanted to kill them.

JavyVazquezIsSick
06-20-04, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan

Those were the White Sox announcers. They are incredibly annoying and upbeat when their own guys hit HR's but when the away team does they show no emotion. I remember one time I was watching the Yankees play the Sox and one of our guys hit what would have been a double if it was fair and they yelled "Get foul! Get foul!" I wanted to kill them.

If you think they are biased, you have to watch Tommy Heinsohn call a Celtics game....

chanman7483
06-22-04, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JeffWeaverFan

Those were the White Sox announcers. They are incredibly annoying and upbeat when their own guys hit HR's but when the away team does they show no emotion.

Man, that's the truth. I was watching some ESPN and it showed a clip of a game where the sox hit like 6 HRS. Each time...each and every single time one went out the announcer went into this whole act, sort of like the spanish guy that goes GOOOALLLLL... it's funny though.

edit- I looked for the call the White Sox announcers make .. it goes like this "High.. and far... and gone! You can PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOOOOOOOARDDD.... YES!"

chanman7483
06-22-04, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by rightfielder21

Yeah, they're HORRIBLE with the other team.