PDA

View Full Version : Any Sox fans still want to claim.....

YankyDave
06-17-04, 08:52 AM
That sending Fossum to Arizona for Schilling wasn't a gigantic load? Yeah that move sure was reasonable.

jpao89
06-17-04, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by YankyDave
That sending Fossum to Arizona for Schilling wasn't a gigantic load? Yeah that move sure was reasonable.

I was thinking the same thing last night. Basically, to get even with George, Colangelo extended the middle finger to his fansk and traded Schilling for a bag of balls. Not to worry, Colangelo can just blame George when the fans stop coming to the BOB.

NDBoston
06-17-04, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by jpao89

I was thinking the same thing last night. Basically, to get even with George, Colangelo extended the middle finger to his fansk and traded Schilling for a bag of balls. Not to worry, Colangelo can just blame George when the fans stop coming to the BOB.

Fossum had a 6 inning 5 hit 0 ER outing against Baltimore the start before.

He's had 2 decent starts and 4 horrible ones.

Jorge DeLa Rosa was traded to Arizona too and was a key for the the Richie Sexson trade. The Milwaukee GM was quoted in saying he wouldn't have done the trade without him and he was the Red Sox #1 pitching prospect.

Frankly, Colangelo had a right to be pissed after the Wells signing and non signing. I didn't see the Yankee fans complaining after Steinbrenner got Wells to come back to the Yankees last year.

Why don't you wait until the season is over before you call Fossum a load of crap.

sugmasterflex
06-17-04, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by NDBoston

Frankly, Colangelo had a right to be pissed after the Wells signing and non signing. I didn't see the Yankee fans complaining after Steinbrenner got Wells to come back to the Yankees last year.

Regardless, Colangelo should have gone for the deal that was best for his team. But I'm not complaining, the Yanks got Vazquez out of it.

NDBoston
06-17-04, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by sugmasterflex

Regardless, Colangelo should have gone for the deal that was best for his team. But I'm not complaining, the Yanks got Vazquez out of it.

do you know what exactly the Yankees offered? Maybe they did get the best offer.

BroadwayBomber55
06-17-04, 10:29 AM

do you know what exactly the Yankees offered? Maybe they did get the best offer.

The Yankees acquired Javier Vazquez and gave Les Expos, Nick Johnson, Juan Rivera, and Randy Choate.

Since the deal, Vaz has one of the best WHIP in the AL and possibly a AL Cy Young Candidate. NJ has only play 17 games for Montreal because of injuries. Juan Rivera is best known for his ugly slide against the Braves where his diamond necklace broke and the trainer had to come out to fix the necklace. Randy Choate is now in AZ.

YankyDave
06-17-04, 10:29 AM
Fossum has one win and it was against Baltimore. Hall of fame here he comes!!!

NDBoston
06-17-04, 10:42 AM
thank god for the ignore list.

Vaz was a STEAL for the Yankees. I would have held out Soriano if I was the Expos.

RhodeyYankee2638
06-17-04, 10:58 AM
Vaz was a STEAL for the Yankees. I would have held out Soriano if I was the Expos.

If you have ever seen Nick Johnson play, it was quite hard for Yanks and Yanks fans to depart with him. IF, IF he was healthy, he could have put up some good numbers (20 HR's, .400+ OBP, 100+ BB's) He is never healthy, and the Yanks saw this with a few of there players in the off season, not mentioning any names, and decided to end there streak as Yankees. Also the Yanks weren't sure if they could have resigned Javy, being that he is a free agent after this year. Yanks took a chance, but your right, it looks like a steal now.

NDBoston
06-17-04, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by RhodeyYankee2638

If you have ever seen Nick Johnson play, it was quite hard for Yanks and Yanks fans to depart with him. IF, IF he was healthy, he could have put up some good numbers (20 HR's, .400+ OBP, 100+ BB's) He is never healthy, and the Yanks saw this with a few of there players in the off season, not mentioning any names, and decided to end there streak as Yankees. Also the Yanks weren't sure if they could have resigned Javy, being that he is a free agent after this year. Yanks took a chance, but your right, it looks like a steal now.

It wasn't going to be money to stand in the way of resigning Javier.
The Yankees had nothing to worry about, unless Javy married Andy Pettitte's wife.

;)

sorry, I couldn't resist.

JeffWeaverFan
06-17-04, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by RhodeyYankee2638

Yeah, and not only that, I remember reading SOSH after the trade and they were saying how they were glad that we lost Nick Johnson. As you said, if he stays healthy he is going to be a really good player and it would end up as a good deal for both teams.

Jersey Yankee
06-17-04, 11:18 AM
do you know what exactly the Yankees offered? Maybe they did get the best offer. If referring to what the Yanks offered f/Curt Schilling, I'm not sure exactly. However, I do remember Colangelo demanding that we give him both Nicky *AND* Sori. That didn't make sense, considering we got Vazquez and A-Rod w/those two guys being the primary traded players in those separate deals.

Fossum was good f/an inning or two, seemed like he'd turned it around when Sturtze looked shaky. However, a 4-run 1st inning killed him.

cubswin
06-17-04, 11:38 AM
not only Vaz/Johnson (yes, it is a steal for the Yanks - claiming NJ would be great if not for injuries sems a bit silly, since he always seems to be injured -- to the extent that he has not yet played a single full season) even if Johnson does prove top be a healthy, very good hitter, Vazquez clearly was one of the top 10 pitchers in the NL -- that in and of itself is a good trade for the Yanks, if not an outright steal.

also, Weaver for Brown...

YankyDave
06-17-04, 11:39 AM
thank god for the ignore list.

How can you even see the thread if it's on ignore there Mrs. Fossum?

cubswin
06-17-04, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by YankyDave

How can you even see the thread if it's on ignore there Mrs. Fossum?

I don't think entire threads get ignored (though I could be wrong)

and "Mrs. Fossum"? mature. also, probably against CS.

NDBoston
06-17-04, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by cubswin

I don't think entire threads get ignored (though I could be wrong)

and "Mrs. Fossum"? mature. also, probably against CS.

thanks for the heads up Cubs :) See what I'm missing? :lol:

You see the thread headline and not the content inside. You can't stop people from quoting the "ignored" posts, so you still read them from time to time.

parkerstrong
06-17-04, 11:53 AM
I am happy with Boston getting Schilling..after that trade Montreal traded us Vazquez. I am happy how things worked out....it is too bad we didnt keep Johnson. I would like to see him back because he could ht and draw walks and has a super glove at first. He is a player...but Vazquez is more important. (Where would we be without him?)

P.S. I know we arent getting Johnson back. But I can dream cant I?

WakefieldsCrewSox
06-17-04, 12:57 PM
This is a bull**** thread. Incitement anyone?