PDA

View Full Version : David Wells exchanging verbal jabs with Brian Cashman

flymick24
06-11-04, 01:06 AM
http://nytimes.com/2004/06/11/sports/baseball/11wells.html

Cashman spoke with Wells during spring training and said he "thought we had made peace" over Wells's hasty departure. Now Wells has irritated Cashman with what he described as a flawed recollection of how Wells left New York.

"Why couldn't he have left it alone?" Cashman said. "He just can't help himself."

i respect david wells and what he did for the yankees as a pitcher, but i never liked the guy as a person. the fact that he hung the yankees out to dry in game 5 of last year's WS doesn't make me anyfonder of him either. granted, his back pains couldn't have been helped, but you would think that after making peace with the yankees, he would just shut up and move on with his life in san diego. but his mouth is simply to big.

good riddance, imo. i hope the yankees bash his brains out on sunday.

NDBoston
06-11-04, 06:32 AM
David Wells loved being a Yankee and how soon people forget Game 5 of the ALCS or Game 4 of the ALDS in 2003. Wells isn't the reason the Yankees lost the World Series either.

10-3 with a 3.18 ERA int he post season. What a bum he is

:rolleyes:

I can't believe that I have to defend this guy on here. I hated him, but respected how he pitched in big games.

Bozidar
06-11-04, 06:42 AM
this is already being discussed in "Out Of Play"