PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to the BOB or LA....

Jumpman_DJ
06-10-04, 08:17 AM
A few friends and i have tickets to the last game at arizona and the first two games at La. I was wondering if anyone has ever been to either of these ballparks, and if there is anything i should definitly try and see while i am out there,

Bozidar
06-10-04, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Jumpman_DJ
A few friends and i have tickets to the last game at arizona and the first two games at La. I was wondering if anyone has ever been to either of these ballparks, and if there is anything i should definitly try and see while i am out there, Please read the forum guidelines a little more carefully before posting. You opened this thread in the "Yankees: Out Of Play" forum. It's really got nothing to do with the yankees. I've moved it to "Around The Majors" for you, but please try to find the appropriate forum for your thread, next time. Thank you.

-- Brian

StaceyRosie
06-10-04, 11:55 AM
A few friends and i have tickets to the last game at arizona and the first two games at La. I was wondering if anyone has ever been to either of these ballparks, and if there is anything i should definitly try and see while i am out there,

I've been to Dodgers Stadium and was amazed by the amount and variety of food choices there.

ChewieTobbacca
06-10-04, 12:40 PM
Er there is probably not much to "see" at Dodgers Stadium other than the game...

It's one of the older parks so you won't see too much special though if you like history, the Dodgers have a lot (second only to the Yankees)

Certainly the best part is watching the game played on a field that is like perfectly symmetrical

penfold
06-10-04, 01:19 PM
There's not a bad seat in Dodger Stadium.

If you're going to a day game, bring sunblock. Believe me, you'll need it.

DaBoys4LifeNYY35
06-10-04, 03:40 PM
Watch out for beachballs, napkin parachutes, and continuous waves, with the realization that this is all standard fare at Dodger Stadium. Maybe even swallow your pride and have some fun with what are huge no-nos at Yankee Stadium. As for the city of LA, there's pretty much nothing worth seeing unless you're struck by that whole Hollywood thing. The Getty maybe.

Where are your seats at? If they're in the pavilion, that entire place is like one big, continuous party.

nyyfanatic85
06-10-04, 06:17 PM
I love the BOB. I bought a $1 ticket and was able to move down very easily into the LF seats by the foul pole. It's got great food (hot dogs are awesome) and the prices aren't too shabby. I just wish the DBacks were at home this weekend:(

BTW, let me know when you're going to BOB. I'd be happy to show you 'round.:)

ChewieTobbacca
06-10-04, 07:23 PM
I suppose living in LA makes it seem boring... I never quite got why relatives from elsewhere coming here would find it to be a great city?

Certainly Disneyland, Knotts, Six Flags, Universal Studios, and other places are there but the 300th time does get a bit boring

Jumpman_DJ
06-10-04, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Bozidar
Please read the forum guidelines a little more carefully before posting. You opened this thread in the "Yankees: Out Of Play" forum. It's really got nothing to do with the yankees. I've moved it to "Around The Majors" for you, but please try to find the appropriate forum for your thread, next time. Thank you.

-- Brian
Brian i read in the inside the lines forum, in one of the threads somone brought the idea of anyone going to interleague games and one of the moderators said it belonged in the outside the lines forum...i did that. and as for NOTHING to do with the yankees, it has everything to do with the yankees since they are playing both teams next week, and i have tickets to both stadiums for three of the games. so i apologize for not doing as the almighty would have and i will defintily read the guidelines more carefully on all other posts, but i think i was in the right here.

Jumpman_DJ
06-10-04, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by nyyfanatic85
I love the BOB. I bought a $1 ticket and was able to move down very easily into the LF seats by the foul pole. It's got great food (hot dogs are awesome) and the prices aren't too shabby. I just wish the DBacks were at home this weekend:(

BTW, let me know when you're going to BOB. I'd be happy to show you 'round.:)

I am flying into arizona on thursday morning and im really not sure what the plans are my three friends planned our trip, and we are only ataying over one night b/c we have a flight the next morning up to La so we can see the Yanks and dodgers ... but i appreciate the offer.

Bozidar
06-10-04, 10:13 PM
but i think i was in the right here. I won't argue this with you, you were wrong.

This has nothing to do with our team. You're going to their ballpark. You want to know what activities and such that go on around their ballpark. You weren't discussing how the team will do in these parks, or the fact that the yankees are making another west-coast swing after that very successful one we just had out there.

You wanted to discuss another teams parks. That's all well and fine, and it has a place on this board, but it's got nothing, and i'll repeat it for the last time, nothing to do with the Yankees.

Thanks, I hope i've made my point clear.

-- Brian

cubswin
06-11-04, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by ChewieTobbacca
I suppose living in LA makes it seem boring... I never quite got why relatives from elsewhere coming here would find it to be a great city?

Certainly Disneyland, Knotts, Six Flags, Universal Studios, and other places are there but the 300th time does get a bit boring

If you like the outdoors, there is an ocean and mountains. Surfing, beach, hiking, mountain biking, etc. And golf.

Also, for museums, there's not only the Getty but also LACMA, the Petersen Auto Museum and the Museum of Tolerance.

ChewieTobbacca
06-11-04, 12:29 AM
Well I'm just a bit spoiled living out here - the beach mountains desert forests are everywhere but meh. We're in the center of arts and activities and yet it's not much to me. Then again if I move to Nebraska I might not feel the same anymore :P

SoCal Pinstriper
06-13-04, 01:34 PM
See the "where to go in LA" thread in "Just Conversation" forum. I'm too lazy to repost everything here. :cool:

kevinmaas
06-13-04, 06:53 PM
places to go in la, -- beach in santamonica which has the third street promenade(which is an outside mall but pretty interesting and lots of people,venice beach, rodeo drive beverly hills. Sunset blvd if you like nightlife. Hollywood blvd has all the hollywood tourism areas. Getty museum is good if you like art. Not much around the stadium, but it is a great place to watch a game. have fun

pittyanksfan
06-17-04, 01:12 AM
I've been to the BOB a number of times with my uncle when I visit Tucson. Now if most of you think you were unhappy about losing to AZ in 2001, I really had it bad because my uncle is a huge D'Backs fan living in Tucson. He sent a copy of Sports Illustrated in the mail that said "To the victor go the spoils. "I still get teased about that W.S. to this day. I would much rather have played any of the other 15 National League teams that season in the W.S.

destiny0o2
06-18-04, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by pittyanksfan
I've been to the BOB a number of times with my uncle when I visit Tucson. Now if most of you think you were unhappy about losing to AZ in 2001, I really had it bad because my uncle is a huge D'Backs fan living in Tucson. He sent a copy of Sports Illustrated in the mail that said "To the victor go the spoils. "I still get teased about that W.S. to this day. I would much rather have played any of the other 15 National League teams that season in the W.S. Stand proud :)

nyyfanatic85
06-19-04, 03:06 PM
The painful memories flood back every time I step into BOB. It's nice to see the team sucking this year though