PDA

View Full Version : Marlins Update

orangemom
04-18-00, 07:39 AM
Well, who woulda thunk it? The Marlins temporarily reside in first place in the NL East, just a game and a half ahead of last place Philly and the stinking Mets. Gotta love it. Kevin Millar, Mike Lowell, and Mark Kotsay presently have the hot bats. The pitching is slowly coming around, but fielding continues to be a problem, with only the Mets and the Expos having committed more errors, in their division.

The Marlins open a three game home stand with Pittsburg tonight, before Philly comes to visit for the weekend.

------------------
orangema
ansky39's favorite mom
"Every season has its peaks and valleys. What you have to try to do is eliminate the Grand Canyon." Andy VanSlyke

GO MOHAWK VALLEY PROWLERS!

MAFIA
04-18-00, 09:07 AM
PRESTON WILSON, MIKE LOWELL are really hammering the ball, did you see the great play LOWELL made last night? CLIFF FLOYD has not even done nothing yet, he's the key to that lineup, he will start hitting w/in time. MAN I love it when a team is full of farm system players, it's a great thing for the game. MIKE LOWELL I'M glad to see him doing well, he's the real deal!

------------------

orangemom
04-19-00, 09:16 AM
Cliff Floyd went 2 for 2 last night when the Marlins spanked Pittsburg 12-5. Maybe he's waking up. The Marlins scored 12 runs and left 12 men on base. Man, that must have been some kind of pitching nightmare. Wish I could have seen it.

------------------
orangema
ansky39's favorite mom
"Every season has its peaks and valleys. What you have to try to do is eliminate the Grand Canyon." Andy VanSlyke

clipper
04-19-00, 10:24 AM
Orangemom -

Trust you to quote a New Hartford native.

Any idea what he's doing these days? I watched him for most of his years in Pittsburgh, and he was always a fan favorite. Heckuva player and always quotable.

I remember he was a "weather junkie". He even appeared as a guest weatherman on the local TV news a few times. What a hoot.

------------------
"Does Coggins look like Bonds?" - Bill White 1975

orangemom
04-20-00, 07:06 AM
I have no idea where Andy is now. I thought he was going to do some broadcasting somewhere, but I could be wrong. He doesn't have much to do with this area. Would like to pretend he's not from around here, I hear, unlike Mark Lemke, who hasn't forgotten where he came from. Oh well. Andy is still very quotable.

Ansky39
04-20-00, 06:16 PM
ditto maf... nice to see lowell doing well...