PDA

View Full Version : Phillies-report

MAFIA
04-10-00, 07:24 AM
WELL this is the team I picked from ANSKY39 idea. GOOD win yesterday in which MORANDINI got them going, good to see him back where he belong's, just did not look right in a CUBS outfit. WELL they are 2-4 and are going up against the MET'S in a 3 game series, there hitting is pretty balanced, but there starting pitching has been shakey, look for them to take 2 from the METS.

------------------

clipper
04-10-00, 07:45 AM
Yeah, they did pretty well to take 2/3 from the 'Stros at Enron. They struggled in Phoenix, but they always do.

The bigger concern is that they already have a bunch of pitchers on the DL (only the Phillies). They'll have to scuffle to stay close to .500 until Schilling gets back.

------------------
"Does Coggins look like Bonds?" - Bill White 1975

MAFIA
04-10-00, 08:23 AM
EXACTLY, w/SCHILLING out, BYRD has to step it up, he got hammered the 2nd half of last season, and got hammered in his 1st start.

------------------

clipper
04-10-00, 09:28 AM
And he'll get lit up tonight. I think the first half of last year was the anomaly. He's really not a very good pitcher. Ashby was great yesterday, though.

You have to like the starting 8 on this team though. Except for 2B & SS, they've got as good an everyday lineup as anybody in the majors.

I'd like to see what they would demand for Lieberthal (I'd give 'em Posada, a AAA pitcher and Soriano).

I might get tickets for tonight's opener against the Mutts, but with the Sixers game and a concert down there, I'm not sure I want to fight traffic for the right to sit in the cold and watch Paul Byrd get shelled, so I'll probably let someone else take the tickets.

------------------

MAFIA
04-10-00, 10:28 AM
THAT is funny that we are talking about BYRD, I just traded him last night for GIL HEREDIA, nice trade don't you think?

------------------

clipper
04-10-00, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I think that's a good trade. Unfortunately for the Phitin's, I suspect Ed Wade would not make that deal.

------------------

MAFIA
04-18-00, 07:22 AM
WELL, they took 2 of 3 from THE MET'S, lost on a heartbreaker to THE PIZZA MAN. THERE lineup has been solid, w/players like ABREU, GLANVILLE, ROLEN, LEIBERTHAL, that's more than solid. BYRD is pitching tonight, after the game he may as well go back to the farm, cause he's gonna get shelled.

------------------