PDA

View Full Version : ugly injun rumor making the circuit...

Ansky39
03-29-00, 12:06 PM
courtesy of peter gammons of course...

reportedly, da injuns and my nl team the expos are thinking of making a huge swap:

injuns to trade manny and shuey, (decent closer, but karsay's gotta lock on da gig)

expos to trade urbina, white and batista...

what the hell os that idiot dougie howser owner, loria, thinking up there north of the border huh... maybe I should send him a cover letter for the vacant, (upstairs) gm position... you gotta closer like urbina, PAY da man and lock him down for 4-5 years at the wetteland rate... as we know here in the land of the champs, an automatic closer's worth his weight in platinum... this guy urbina is coming off a sub par 41 save seas... I say sub par because in '98 although he had 7 less saves his era was like 2 runs lower... da kid's for real...

with my expos all they gottta do is locate an everyday center fileder and another quality arm for the pen and rotation... but they're looking t get another big bopper like manny who's gonna BOLT next seas to a US city w/ for U$ green and le$$ taxes...

I swear, this kid owner loria must think this is fantasy baseabll... the bu bu snag was good... get him out the spotlight and the pressure.. but every other move I hear rumored ya gotta wonder just what kinda GLUE he's sniffing up there...

it's gonna be a long seas http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

just finish ahead of the mutts thats all I ask...

------------------
a39/55, bthgaPrez, shotgun's partner in crime & orangema's favorite son...

26 in 2000

God, I LOVE baseball...

[This message has been edited by Ansky39 (edited March 29, 2000).]

Bluesexy's daddy
03-29-00, 04:59 PM
Ansky, I agree with you. Urbina is the real deal. They should concentrate on keeping him.

Do the Expos know something about him that the rest of the world can't see? Why have they been so willing to get rid of him???

They were going to take Rocker for him....

------------------
82 years......

My GOD ! That's 4 times longer than Odyseus' journey home from Troy !!

A story too long for Homer to tell.

Ansky39
03-30-00, 09:40 AM
word is he won't negotiate long term... I think this may be his final year or maybe second to last... they don't want to lose him for nothing...

I see their point.

But I see his too... He's one of the top closers in the game... that means he's worth top dollar to everyone from atlanta to cleveland to even us, (remember, mo ain't signed...)... and we all know top dollar in U$ is a lot more than the expos acan and will pay... the expos have no media dough to flaunt...

It's tough being an expos fan man http://www.Bronx-Bombers.com/ubb/frown.gif

but I pray we, uh, they can do something to hold onto the kid... they gotta nice nucleus up there, and he and guerrero are like the crown jewels... they'll attract others, I hope...

------------------
a39/55, bthgaPrez, shotgun's partner in crime & orangema's favorite son...

26 in 2000

God, I LOVE baseball...

Bleacher Bum
04-08-00, 10:37 PM
Yes, but the little known third part of this deal would send Ramirez to New York for a truckload of Yankee Prospects. However, at this point I believe the deal is dead in the water.

------------------
Bleacher Bum - Tenth Man - Baseball Archives (http://tenthman.com)