i had this in the OTHER Pedro thread

flutie22
03-24-04, 09:55 AM
yeah i don't read your threads

SuperMario66
03-24-04, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by flutie22
yeah i don't read your threads

I really hope you are joking. Because if you aren't, that was incredibly rude.

NDBoston
03-24-04, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by SuperMario66

I really hope you are joking. Because if you aren't, that was incredibly rude.

I'm guessing it'a a BC thing :lol:

SuperMario66
03-24-04, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by NDBoston

I'm guessing it'a a BC thing :lol:

People piss me off. :mad:

flutie22
03-24-04, 10:36 AM
yeah it was a joke..simmer down

SuperMario66
03-24-04, 10:38 AM
Alright - I forgive you. :)

ny
03-24-04, 11:25 AM
hopefully he signs with the sox because he does not deserve to wear the pinstripes. now nomar on the other hand would make a nice 2b and continue the recent history of sox greats that get their rings with the yankees ala boggs and clemens.

Doc's Private Stash
03-24-04, 11:58 AM
The fact that both Pedro and John Henry attended a preliminary contract discussion like this can only be a good sign for the prospects of a deal getting done. It will be an interesting negotiation, and I'll be curious to find out after the fact (both sides have, for obvious post-A-Rod reasons, been very adament about keeping things behind closed doors for now) where each side started in terms of assessing Pedro's future value. Decisions on years/money for any pitcher his age have to be the among the toughest for GM's to figure in general, and given the concerns about Pedro's injury history and decreasing durability, and the fact that this is the most dominating starting pitcher of his era, this particular case has to be all the more agonizing for Theo & Co.

cubswin
03-24-04, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ny
hopefully he signs with the sox because he does not deserve to wear the pinstripes. now nomar on the other hand would make a nice 2b and continue the recent history of sox greats that get their rings with the yankees ala boggs and clemens.

that's amusing -- Boggs and Clemens somehow more "deserving" than Pedro. I like Clemens, but their faults are very similar. Boggs was, simply, an ass. Who knows, though; one day Pedro may be deemed fit to enter that hallowed pantheon of Yankeedom inherited by the likes of such great men as Raul Mondesi, Karim Garcia, Jeff Nelson, Armando Benitez, Ruben Rivera, et al...

flutie22
03-24-04, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by cubswin

that's amusing -- Boggs and Clemens somehow more "deserving" than Pedro. I like Clemens, but their faults are very similar. Boggs was, simply, an ass. Who knows, though; one day Pedro may be deemed fit to enter that hallowed pantheon of Yankeedom inherited by the likes of such great men as Raul Mondesi, Karim Garcia, Jeff Nelson, Armando Benitez, Ruben Rivera, et al...

why do you think boggs was an ass? he is one of my favorites of all-time.

cubswin
03-24-04, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by flutie22

why do you think boggs was an ass? he is one of my favorites of all-time.

On the field he was an amazing hitter and an underrated fielder, but he was a bit selfish and not much of a leader.

Off the field, he was an adulterer and, by many accounts, a racist. (Oh - and, he played for the Yankees. ;) )

hugelongtermdeal
03-24-04, 03:52 PM

steve howe.

Pedro's cuff
03-24-04, 04:00 PM
Darryl Strawberry.

NDBoston
03-24-04, 05:24 PM
Luis Polonia

Pedro's cuff
03-24-04, 05:27 PM
Dwight Gooden
Jose Canseco

patrick.o
03-24-04, 06:08 PM
When I think of Sox greats I don't think of Raul Mondesi, Karim Garcia, Jeff Nelson, Armando Benitez, Ruben Rivera, Steve Howe, Darryl Strawberry, Luis Polonia, Dwight Gooden, or Jose Canseco.

Oh, wait, I get it, you guys are trolling! How silly of me.

ny
03-24-04, 06:08 PM

i never said they were more deserving i just said pedro doesnt deserve to wear the pinstripes based on his history with ny. feel free to misquote me anytime.