PDA

View Full Version : Will the Curses end for both the Red Sox and Cubs in 2004?



BroadwayBomber55
03-23-04, 10:33 PM
Hey fellas

Another article about Curses:
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2253908

First, I thought that Fox and ESPN wants to see the Yankees lose, now mlb.com, and now this?!

Not only the Cubs and Red Sox have to deal with their rivals in order for both of them to make the World Series, but also the other contenders that also want the prized World Series trophy.

nyyfanatic85
03-23-04, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by BroadwayBomber55
Hey fellas

Another article about Curses:
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=2253908

First, I thought that Fox and ESPN wants to see the Yankees lose, now mlb.com, and now this?!

Not only the Cubs and Red Sox have to deal with their rivals, but also the other contenders that also want the prized World Series trophy.

It's gonna be one helluva baseball season. So many plotlines it's sick.

Espinosa's Glasses
03-23-04, 11:20 PM
how in the hell are they both going to win a World Series?

BroadwayBomber55
03-23-04, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Espinosa's Glasses
how in the hell are they both going to win a World Series?

Whoops. I meant which team will possibly end their curse in 2004. My bad.

Espinosa's Glasses
03-23-04, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by BroadwayBomber55


Whoops. I meant which team will possibly end their curse in 2004. My bad.

:lol:... its late don't worry...

FutureYankee
03-24-04, 01:50 AM
so many plotlines it feels like wrestling, not baseball!

haha... wrestling..

pacewon
03-24-04, 02:18 AM
I still think the Cubs need one more left-handed bat to have a shot.

And I still think the Red Sox need the Yankees to dissapear to have a shot :lol:

SuperMario66
03-24-04, 02:24 AM
I think the Yankees will win.

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but I am a risk taker. ;)

SubwayFanatic
03-24-04, 07:49 AM
You know something? Even as a Yankee fan, I am getting so tired of seeing the media drive home this "Curse" angle. What are they going to say when either the Sox or Cubs finally win a World Series? "Oh, I guess the Babe was in a good mood this year! Geez, that Billy Goat was so nice to allow the Cubs to finally win one!"

Ridiculous.

The Sox and Cubs haven't won a World Series in so long because they just weren't good enough. If you relieve in believe in these supernatural forces preventing them from doing so, I have the numbers to a few shrinks you can call.

NDBoston
03-24-04, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by SubwayFanatic
You know something? Even as a Yankee fan, I am getting so tired of seeing the media drive home this "Curse" angle. What are they going to say when either the Sox or Cubs finally win a World Series? "Oh, I guess the Babe was in a good mood this year! Geez, that Billy Goat was so nice to allow the Cubs to finally win one!"

Ridiculous.

The Sox and Cubs haven't won a World Series in so long because they just weren't good enough. If you relieve in believe in these supernatural forces preventing them from doing so, I have the numbers to a few shrinks you can call.

Shaugnessy gives a finders fee for every mention of the "Curse" in the media.

hugelongtermdeal
03-24-04, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by SubwayFanatic
The Sox and Cubs haven't won a World Series in so long because they just weren't good enough. If you relieve in believe in these supernatural forces preventing them from doing so, I have the numbers to a few shrinks you can call.

well put.

elston32
03-24-04, 09:21 AM
Answers: No. No.