PDA

View Full Version : Rey Ordonez leaves the Pads



WiffleWOOD
03-20-04, 10:52 AM
just a little tidbit from the non-Yankee universe from Lee Sinins' ATM Report:

"Padres SS Rey Ordonez had left the team, with permission. But, now he's decided he's not returning. GM Kevin Towers believes it was because Ordonez didn't like having to battle for a spot on the team. His departure means prospect Khalil Greene gets the starting SS job."

bakntime
03-20-04, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by WiffleWOOD
just a little tidbit from the non-Yankee universe from Lee Sinins' ATM Report:

"Padres SS Rey Ordonez had left the team, with permission. But, now he's decided he's not returning. GM Kevin Towers believes it was because Ordonez didn't like having to battle for a spot on the team. His departure means prospect Khalil Greene gets the starting SS job."

Wow - good news for my fantasy baseball team :)

I wonder what Rey will do now?

SuperMario66
03-20-04, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by bakntime



I wonder what Rey will do now?

Who cares? I have never like the guy.

Soriambi
03-20-04, 11:44 AM
EARTH TO REY ORDONEZ: You're not a very good baseball player. You're lucky you're competing for a job. Stop whining.

WiffleWOOD
03-20-04, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Soriambi
EARTH TO REY ORDONEZ: You're not a very good baseball player. You're lucky you're competing for a job. Stop whining.

exactly. he's awful offensively, and overrated defensively. all flash, no substance. be thankful you're even still in competition for a starting spot, Rey.

sdwebguy
03-20-04, 04:07 PM
With Nomar hurt, could he end up in Fenway for opening day?

TripleG23
03-20-04, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Soriambi
EARTH TO REY ORDONEZ: You're not a very good baseball player. You're lucky you're competing for a job. Stop whining.

I agree. Reading the first post, this is exactly what I was thinking. I'll always remember when he was with the Mets trying to hit HRs all the time. Was he serious? :D Sorry, he can make some nice looking plays in the field from time to time but he can't hit and he makes a ton of errors trying to be flashy.

-Triple G

flymick24
03-20-04, 06:23 PM
that sliding snag he makes by sliding on one knee that he ALWAYS does unneccessarily cracks me up every time i see it... all flash. he's the epitome of a hollow baseball player... he may look good from afar, but inside, he's got nothing.

FutureYankee
03-20-04, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by sdwebguy
With Nomar hurt, could he end up in Fenway for opening day?


lets hope so :bad:

AnskyChris
03-21-04, 03:34 PM
I don't see why he should have to battle for a spot. If his career has taught us anything, it should be that the other guy (whoever he is) is better.

derekjeter916
03-21-04, 04:55 PM
:lol:

I can just picture him stalking away in a huff because he's not guaranteed the starting job over a homegrown phenom.